Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) (43337 Views)

Zidane Watched Inter Miami Cup Final Loss, Meets David Beckham And Lionel Messi / David Beckham And Daughter, Harper Share A Kiss. Fans React (Photos) / Harry Kane With Beckham In 2005 Vs Now(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by PoliteActivist: 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

Sorry, but I do not get you finally! I am very well able to determine that I am not in a simulation or a dream, and my senses work well enough for me to distinguished and perceive reality.

Perhaps if you do the work to make your senses work as well as I have, you'd be able to distinguish simulations and dreams from reality too.

Please stop being ridiculous and infantile, all due respect (there it is again cheesy).
These are basic things settled long, long time ago. Long before Descartes declared "I think, therefore I am"
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Please stop being ridiculous and infantile, all due respect (there it is again cheesy).
These are basic things settled long, long time ago. Long before Descartes declared "I think, therefore I am"

What amuses me is you not recognising that you are the one being "ridiculous and infantile", and that it is my respect and regard for my fellow human being that stops me saying so.

Descartes' "I think, therefore I am", has been debunked a long time ago, you'd find if you wake up and stop dreaming. The actually proper thought now is "I am, therefore I think". For if I am not, there would be no me thinking, except perhaps in your world that is a simulation and a dream where your thinking is done for you.
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by PoliteActivist: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

What amuses me is you not recognising that you are the one being "ridiculous and infantile", and that it is my respect and regard for my fellow human being that stops me saying so.

Descartes' "I think, therefore I am", has been debunked a long time ago, you'd find if you wake up and stop dreaming. The actually proper thought now is "I am, therefore I think". For if I am not, there would be no me thinking, except perhaps in your world that is a simulation and a dream where your thinking is done for you.

This is the result of half knowledge. It is debunked even further away from your postulate. It is not "I am, therefore I think"! RIDICULOUS!. It is "i think doesn't prove I exist, it only proves that thinking exists". That's how it was debunked. Stop dabbling into what you don't know!
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

This is the result of half knowledge. It is debunked even further away from your postulate. It is not "I am, therefore I think"! RIDICULOUS!. It is "i think doesn't prove I exist, it only proves that thinking exists". That's how it was debunked. Stop dabbling into what you don't know!

So, you accept it has been debunked, yet you present it as some sort of evidence regardless? Can not existing you think or even dream, I wonder.

Fact is, no amount of supposing crap in your head makes it true, so I don't quite get why you'd be here arguing that what you suppose is the reality, as opposed to what you can ascertain with your very own senses. And your insults are just evidence of you protesting a bit too much.
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by phemmyfour: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2022
Righteousness2:
It is cool and good to mourn with them that mourn,
But what is Most Important is to consider the needful which is preparation for Eternity. Death could show up at anymoment. It has no respect for your pocket or personality.

Death is not really a big deal. What is the big deal, is if you Depart this World without JESUS Christ.
It does not Matter who you are, what you have or your title. If you Depart without a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ, you have wasted your life!
Why are you still alive
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by PoliteActivist: 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

So, you accept it has been debunked, yet you present it as some sort of evidence regardless? Can not existing you think or even dream, I wonder.

Fact is, no amount of supposing crap in your head makes it true, so I don't quite get why you'd be here arguing that what you suppose is the reality, as opposed to what you can ascertain with your very own senses. And your insults are just evidence of you protesting a bit too much.

Bros, seriously, you've been in this forum too long to be talking like this. I'm truly disappointed, with all due respect (there again grin)

I never presented cogito ergo sum as evidence of anything. I simply used it as a marker. I told you that your type of reasoning was done long, long, ago - long b4 Descartes. They are no longer part of Philosophy discussions - things like "I can feel pain when I hit a table, therefore there must be a table there"! You actually said that! No serious person talks like that anymore.

And now you are talking about ascertaining with your senses. If I didn't know better I'd think I'm discussing with a child. What can you ascertaining with your senses in this video below??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m0BHrKpohA
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Bros, seriously, you've been in this forum too long to be talking like this. I'm truly disappointed, with all due respect (there again grin)

I never presented cogito ergo sum as evidence of anything. I simply used it as a marker. I told you that your type of reasoning was done long, long, ago - long b4 Descartes. They are no longer part of Philosophy discussions - things like "I can feel pain when I hit a table, therefore there must be a table there"! You actually said that! No serious person talks like that anymore.

And now you are talking about ascertaining with your senses. If I didn't know better I'd think I'm discussing with a child. What can you ascertaining with your senses in this video below??

https://youtu.be/8m0.BHrKpohA

Are you for real? Are you suggesting you can not ascertain with your own senses that there must be some hidden trick behind magic?

Dude, its a video! Made by people smart enough to make you think what you are looking at is real, and same as matrix is a video.

But I know your type. And you are not the first to insist what you suppose is real and attempt to hide your ignorance with patronising insults.

budaatum:

When I was like really young, these mates of mine who grew up in Obanikoro Village told me rats talk. Well, even at barely 7, I was atheistic in nature, so I argued that rats don't talk. Now there were like 5 of them, so they ganged up on me calling me all sorts of names and that I know nothing, "rats talk jo!".

One day, about two years later, we were in the home of one of them and NTA was showing Tom and Jerry. "There," they said, pointing to the telly. "I thought you said rats don't talk?"

Turns out oyinbo rats do talk, silly me!
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by PoliteActivist: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

Are you for real? Are you suggesting you can not ascertain with your own senses that there must be some hidden trick behind magic?

Dude, its a video! Made by people smart enough to make you think what you are looking at is real, and same as matrix is a video.

But I know your type. And you are not the first to insist what you suppose is real and attempt to hide your ignorance with patronising insults.

I'm done. I don't want you to keep thinking I'm intentionally being condescending when infact I'm simply expressing my honest disappointment.

The point of the video is that YOU CAN'T TRUST YOUR SENSES! A hypnotist can have you feeling hot when it is actually freezing weather. Then there are uncountable optical illusions.
Anyway I'm done. The discussion is a bit too childish for me, with all due respect.
Have a good one.
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I'm done. I don't want you to keep thinking I'm intentionally being condescending when infact I'm simply expressing my honest disappointment.

The point of the video is that YOU CAN'T TRUST YOUR SENSES! A hypnotist can have you feeling hot when it is actually freezing weather. Then there are uncountable optical illusions.
Anyway I'm done. The discussion is a bit too childish for me, with all due respect.
Have a good one.

Oh. Is that why you've been attempting to make me believe the dream world you asked me to suppose is real because "A hypnotist can have you feeling hot when it is actually freezing weather"? Can they also convince you you are a descendant of Adam I wonder instead of being created in God's image?

I happen to think this discussion is way far above your head to be honest. My argument is that I very well can trust my own senses because I do not believe things that I suppose, unlike you who can not trust your senses and believe what you suppose.

In fact, the mere fact that I suppose is sufficient evidence for me to know I am making up crap, so why the hell would I make crap up and then begin to doubt the senses with which I made the crap up with and then go providing myself with more made up crap videos to convince myself that the crap I made up and supposed is real!?

Thankfully, most people don't suppose and make up crap to believe, and despite your numerous assertions, can easily determine for themselves who is the childish one between the two of us as you too are likely to discover once you wake up from the crappy dream world you suppose is real and step back into the actual real world.

As to your condescending and insults, they are merely dreams you suppose have any effect whatsoever on me, when they are in fact a reflection of your very self, though I don't suppose you'd notice.
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by Freeze007(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2022
Ok, Darkness is the Light who gives what is called LIGHT....Darkness is not evil but can be an evil to those neither have light nor understand darkness...So when you realize that light came out of darkness then would you understand that nothing is evil- This is my point, "Darkness is the hack of light"....demystifying how light came you would appreciate darkness

I hope this makes sense...Sir!

budaatum:

Sorry, but I do not get your point so can not pass it across.

Care to explain what you mean by "Darkness is the hack about the LIGHT"? I have never heard that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Freeze007:
Ok, Darkness is the Light who gives what is called LIGHT....Darkness is not evil but can be an evil to those neither have light nor understand darkness...So when you realize that light came out of darkness then would you understand that nothing is evil- This is my point, "Darkness is the hack of light"....demystifying how light came you would appreciate darkness

I hope this makes sense...Sir!

Basically, Esu with its two faces. Or what some call Ying and Yang?
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by Freeze007(m): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2022
Master Darkness and light then shall you appreciate the MAKER

I think I am advancing, I am my own darkness and light however I am beginning to learn to LOVE BOTH in them lies an unimaginable level of beauty, ALL we have to do is MASTER

LIGHT AND DARKNESS

LET me borrow a cue, if there was no night there would be a constant breakdown, naturally some rest at night

On the other hand some are night workers who have their rest during the to work at night, you see that these all have their good...

budaatum:

Basically, Esu with its two faces. Or what some call Ying and Yang?
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
Freeze007:
Master Darkness and light then shall you appreciate the MAKER

I think I am advancing, I am my own darkness and light however I am beginning to learn to LOVE BOTH in them lies an unimaginable level of beauty, ALL we have to do is MASTER

LIGHT AND DARKNESS

LET me borrow a cue, if there was no night there would be a constant breakdown, naturally some rest at night

On the other hand some are night workers who have their rest during the to work at night, you see that these all have their good...

It is the lesson being taught in the expression "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil", though those who read only one book would hardly understand the reference.

You will grow.

http://tibetanbuddhistencyclopedia.com/en/index.php/Yin_Yang

Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by Freeze007(m): 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thanks Sir, it is my sincere wish to break bounds and become eternal in the actual sense and not according to BOOKS THEORY

budaatum:

It is the lesson being taught in the expression "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil", though those who read only one book would hardly understand the reference.

You will grow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
Freeze007:

Thanks Sir, it is my sincere wish to break bounds and become eternal in the actual sense and not according to BOOKS THEORY.

Book, as opposed to theory, is important. It is how those who lived before us express themselves so we can hear them. The art is not to believe what you read, but to seek to understand what they have written and then to move on forward.

See books as a boat with which one crosses a river. Once one gets to the other side the boat is no more required and should therefore be left by the shore.
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by Freeze007(m): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
You have made good point, I guess, I may not throw it off completely, but if you want my honesty, this days I started seeing eternal seeds teaching...I am telling you this because I feel necessitated I shouldn't have...I am an anti-book person but I meditate seeing myself eventually meeting Everlasting TEACHERS and they are ALMOST DONE

budaatum:

Book, as opposed to theory, is important. It is how those who lived before us express themselves so we can hear them. The art is not to believe what you read, but to seek to understand what they have written and then to move on forward.

See books as a boat with which one crosses a river. Once one gets to the other side the boat is no more required and should therefore be left by the shore.

Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
Freeze007:
You have made good point, I guess, I may not throw it off completely, but if you want my honesty, this days I started seeing eternal seeds teaching...I am telling you this because I feel necessitated I shouldn't have...I am an anti-book person but I meditate seeing myself eventually meeting Everlasting TEACHERS and they are ALMOST DONE

Some very wise and smart people have written in books what they have discovered so it is not lost and so we don't need to do the immense work discovering it for ourselves. Even you are here writing 'book' to share what you have discovered.

You alone can not discover the immense amount of knowledge out there already unless you stand on the shoulders of the giants who were before you and wrote the knowledge they discovered in books so you can read and see much further. So I will advice you change from anti-book to loving books instead.
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by Freeze007(m): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2022
Much respect, your advice has gone A LONG WAY...

I wish I could put my own experience into books anyway I would put them in bits believing those who would, shall figure the PUZZLE OUT

quote author=budaatum post=116796188]

Some very wise and smart people have written in books what they have discovered so it is not lost and so we don't need to do the immense work discovering it for ourselves. Even you are here writing 'book' to share what you have discovered.

You alone can not discover the immense amount of knowledge out there already unless you stand on the shoulders of the giants who were before you and wrote the knowledge they discovered in books so you can read and see much further. So I will advice you change from anti-book to loving books instead.

[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by budaatum: 12:47am On Sep 19, 2022
Freeze007:
Much respect, your advice has gone A LONG WAY...

I wish I could put my own experience into books anyway I would put them in bits believing those who would, shall figure the PUZZLE OUT.

Let me tell you a story. I once went to Chartres in France to see the Cathedral. On getting there and seeing this monstrosity the Cathedral seemed to be to me, I was disgusted at the amount of money that must have been spent on building it. But after three days of exploring it, I realised that the Cathedral was a 12th Century 'book' written into the building at a time when books were not available to the individual.

Books are not only what we would normally think they are, is my point. And you did put your own experience into 'book', Freeze007, for that is precisely what you did and what I read and then asked you to clarify, which you dutifully did, and which I appreciate immensely.
Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by Freeze007(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2022
budaatum:

You are in spirit brother to see something in a picture, I too, Learn from ALL even random words in clothes have a way of delivering a message..by the way, do you think Freeze007 is a bad name if not how can I change it? I just asked someone this, do you believe there are everlasting beings?

Let me tell you a story. I once went to Chartres in France to see the Cathedral. On getting there and seeing this monstrosity the Cathedral seemed to be to me, I was disgusted at the amount of money that must have been spent on building it. But after three days of exploring it, I realised that the Cathedral was a 12th Century 'book' written into the building at a time when books were not available to the individual.

Books are not only what we would normally think they are, is my point. And you did put your own experience into 'book', Freeze007, for that is precisely what you did and what I read and then asked you to clarify, which you dutifully did, and which I appreciate immensely.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) by YufusAmma: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2022
Not a problem. Linked in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Everton Stars Celebrate Liverpool 2-0 Win In Anfield Dressing Room(Photos,Video) / Geremi Njitap Divorces His Wife Toukam Fotso Laure Verline Over Paternity Fraud / Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.