Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking (77351 Views)

The Transformation From 100L To 400L Of Two Ladies That Got People Talking / Popular And Oldest University Of Jos Student, Jango Finally Graduated / Children's International School Fees In Lagos That Got People Talking (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by ImperialYoruba: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
If this was in Nigeria it would be rotted by now.

Ordinary King's College in Lagos they can't maintain.

1 Like

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Midas01: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
Omo
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by hardon1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thebadpolitican:
Bulidings with roofing for university are unappealing to me

Those are cheap unstandardized buildings for a university a university building should be decking and the walls should be thick abd high rised buildings

Not looking like a residential house or standard sec school buildings

Shaaarrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaappp....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Viraltrends123: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
They will never be on strike, they will never drag their country's education system down as if they are the only sector in their country. They complain through their ministry, that's how it's done in a working system.

4 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by seanwilliam(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
Ui is beautiful too, like if you agree

6 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by tolexy007(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
Monza v Juventus na confirm fixed match

1 Like

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by JoshTim: 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
Reinaldo:
Urchins will come and say it is their oga that built it now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Get sense for once. Make Tinubu no go dey make you dey mad small small.

Your lineage should raise a war fighting your governors not Tinubu who was the governor of Lagos.

Tinubu is not your source of poverty and misery in life. Channel your energy to your kinsmen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Midas01: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
More like forest.
VeryWickedMan:
African universities and bush
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Elidrisy20: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
No University in Nigeria can match that of Ghana

4 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Tboy222: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
Realist12:
OAU, remains the most beautiful campus in west Africa, the architecture is magnificent. She's a work of art .

You can say that again.

2 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by CheapHomes1: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Those are cheap unstandardized buildings for a university a university building should be decking and the walls should be thick abd high rised buildings

Did you do the costing and audit of the materials used to build the university of Ghana? How did you arrive at your conclusion?

1 Like

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by reiddecuti: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nigeria is full of mediocre. Hence the falling of standard in every of our sectors.

1 Like

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by IamAtikulate: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Meaning Harvard is unstandardized?

There's nothing like standardized building for a university. What do you have to say about Oxford University that looks like a Palace and University of Liverpool that resembles a town house.

5 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Geovanni412(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
My alma mater - cruise plenty for UG.

3 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by phemmyfour: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Focus should be on the academic standard not roof

4 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Kobicove(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
How come is it that the areas around the school are still barren after all these years?

3 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Peculiarni(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nairalander please help as you know that things are tough now; i owe somebody 40000 and the person is reporting me as i am unable to pay the debt.God can use you to help me 3162669986 first bank.no amount is too small
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by lereinter(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
Na the things oyinbo do for Africa be this
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by viodemus: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
When I say Nigeria is being left behind in everything good, people think say I carry water for mouth. Na until dem give us double cantap.

Ghana is moving to higher levels, not moving as fast as I like, but their little steps are quality steps. When they really improve on maintainance sanitation, that will help them create more attractions and more money.

They see Nigeria's corruption rot but choose not to adopt it based on principle. Good for them.

3 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by LastProphet: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
Realist12:
OAU, remains the most beautiful campus in west Africa, the architecture is magnificent. She's a work of art .

Clearly, I always laugh at people who have never been there and yet want to compare universities. I never got admission there but it's the best school in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Babyboyforeal(m): 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
tolexy007:
Monza v Juventus na confirm fixed match
stay away from betting

4 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by yunus22: 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
SmartyPants:
Very lovely campus.
Good day and Happy Sunday Sir I have been mentioning n mailing u sir no response

1 Like

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by erinzy901(m): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
I still pass in front of it, last week
KINGBEN1:
Bird’s eye view of University of Ghana ( just a small portion of it). Absolutely breathtaking, isn't it? �

The University of Ghana is the oldest and largest of the thirteen Ghanaian national public universities.

It was founded in 1948, in the British colony of the Gold Coast, as the University College of the Gold Coast, and was originally an affiliate college of the University of London, which supervised its academic programs and awarded degrees.

After independence in 1957, the college was renamed the University College of Ghana. It changed its name again to the University of Ghana in 1961, when it gained full university status.

The University of Ghana is situated on the West view of the Accra Legon hills and at the northeast of the centre of Accra, now has various schools, institutions, colleges and departments and has over 40,000 registered students.

Photo by: @albertchime ||
#UGis75
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Throwback: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2022
Remembered it from Sun City.

The university themed sitcom from Ghana that was showing on Nigerian TV between 2004 and 2006.

Starring the likes of Van Vicker, and characters like Percy, Kojo Amponsah, Africa.

2 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by kingyakos: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2022
Faber:
Aerial view of Covenant University.

I prefer Covenant University to Ghana's oldest University own. Ghana too dey make noise.

E no get anything way Ghana can boast of way we no get. Even 24/7 electricity dey Naija. I know a town with 24/7 electricity here in Naija

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Reference(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Oga. There are different styles of architecture just as there are different styles of clothings, cuisine, and everything bordering on artistry.
From a distant perspective they appear to have retained the neo-colonial architecture which is a style that resembles the trado-mediterranean.
Not every building can and should be squared off steel and glass.
To me it looks fantastic.

5 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Faber:
Aerial view of Covenant University.

I prefer Covenant University to Ghana's oldest University own. Ghana too dey make noise.

E no get anything way Ghana can boast of way we no get. Even 24/7 electricity dey Naija. I know a town with 24/7 electricity here in Naija
you know a town, seriously?? And they know a whole country fool
Like how can someone sound so pained and dumb grin grin
Instead of you to hold your leaders accountable for 24/7 electricity for the whole country keep celebrating mediocrity

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by bhella10: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Throwback:
Remembered it from Sun City.

The university themed sitcom from Ghana that was showing on Nigerian TV between 2004 and 2006.

Starring the likes of Van Vicker, and characters like Percy, Kojo Amponsah, Africa.
Yeah I remember that show now.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by temitope27(m): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

y must it always look like that?
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Prodigy100(m): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
Which one your papa build??

You are a sadist!! always find faults in good things!

At Least first commend then later criticize since is your nature.

Thebadpolitican:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush / Chiwueze Kingsley: Missing IMSU Student Found Dead (Graphic Photo) / UNIBEN Student Kept All The Pens He Used Till Graduation (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.