Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking (77348 Views)

The Transformation From 100L To 400L Of Two Ladies That Got People Talking / Popular And Oldest University Of Jos Student, Jango Finally Graduated / Children's International School Fees In Lagos That Got People Talking (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Thebadpolitican(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
FILEBE:

You didn't lie na. See Luth and Lasuth here in Lagos. Looks like a mass residential project .

Am a town planner so i know taste when compared to buildings

The buildings in that is what i dont like but the setting is unique
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by FILEBE(m): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2022
Just have distinct features and not all Nigerian universities be looking similar

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by leofab(f): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2022
KINGBEN1:
Bird’s eye view of University of Ghana ( just a small portion of it). Absolutely breathtaking, isn't it? �

The University of Ghana is the oldest and largest of the thirteen Ghanaian national public universities.

It was founded in 1948, in the British colony of the Gold Coast, as the University College of the Gold Coast, and was originally an affiliate college of the University of London, which supervised its academic programs and awarded degrees.

After independence in 1957, the college was renamed the University College of Ghana. It changed its name again to ;Dthe University of Ghana in 1961, when it gained full university status.

The University of Ghana is situated on the West view of the Accra Legon hills and at the northeast of the centre of Accra, now has various schools, institutions, colleges and departments and has over 40,000 registered students.

Photo by: @albertchime ||
#UGis75
the largest university in Ghana till date was built by the British in 1948.. and blacks limbos has the mouth to insult the Queen.. Ungrateful lies in melanin.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by HYGMICH(m): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2022
Faber:
Aerial view of Covenant University.

I prefer Covenant University to Ghana's oldest University own. Ghana too dey make noise.

E no get anything way Ghana can boast of way we no get. Even 24/7 electricity dey Naija. I know a town with 24/7 electricity here in Naija

But somehow..... Nigeria supposed not to be seeking for those cheap accolades if not due to tribalism and nepotism
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by ademasta(m): 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
Horokrox:
it also resembles a large size humongous key hole
You are correct
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by babajero(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2022
KINGBEN1:
Bird’s eye view of University of Ghana ( just a small portion of it). Absolutely breathtaking, isn't it? �

The University of Ghana is the oldest and largest of the thirteen Ghanaian national public universities.

It was founded in 1948, in the British colony of the Gold Coast, as the University College of the Gold Coast, and was originally an affiliate college of the University of London, which supervised its academic programs and awarded degrees.

After independence in 1957, the college was renamed the University College of Ghana. It changed its name again to the University of Ghana in 1961, when it gained full university status.

The University of Ghana is situated on the West view of the Accra Legon hills and at the northeast of the centre of Accra, now has various schools, institutions, colleges and departments and has over 40,000 registered students.

Photo by: @albertchime ||
#UGis75
If it was Nigeria now, what you will be hearing is Boko Haram, iswap and bandits.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by babajero(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
Nigeria first university which is the university of Ibadan is beautiful also.
Really? What Nigerian government can't even maintain.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by IamPlato(m): 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
bhella10:
So what? It's an insult to compare Ghana to Nigeria. Na ment?
it's is indeed... Because as a Nigerian I can tell you that Nigeria is currently trash
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by naijapikin2(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
What are the major courses offered there?

Forestry!
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by skallion7(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Overhyped crap
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by wiseone28: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
Electrochemistry:
This is University of Ibadan
4,5 and 6 pictures are south African university
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by bhella10: 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2022
IamPlato:
it's is indeed... Because as a Nigerian I can tell you that Nigeria is currently trash
Still ahead of Ghana. Ghana ke!

2 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by dapadawee: 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
African universities and bush
And 27 people liked this ignorance.
That is not a bush those are trees
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by tonyson010(m): 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thebadpolitican:
Looks more like a beautiful residential mansion and not a school

I love the green areas but fact remains university buildings are ought to be wonders of unique architecture especially federal owned ones

I will take covenant university over this beautiful estate

Check pictures below for tip on a school building looks like

(just a small portion of it).
Una get eyes to read but will always say rubbish.
a university with 40,000 students, u think will just end up with that building ??
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by toloohthegreat: 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

No one asked!

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Alpharey: 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
And somebody is here promising me and my children that he will feed us Agbado in this 2022? Haba!
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by fijihems: 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2022
Ghana with a population of about 20 million people competes and most times over perform Nigeria in almost every sphere of life even with less resources compared with Nigeria. This proves that size doesn't matter. African countries with highest standard of living are actually the smallest in population.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Looter100: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
you know a town, seriously?? And they know a whole country fool
Like how can somdeone sound so pained and dumb grin grin
you bad
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Mavrick2012: 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thebadpolitican:
Looks more like a beautiful residential mansion and not a school

I love the green areas but fact remains university buildings are ought to be wonders of unique architecture especially federal owned ones

I will take covenant university over this beautiful estate

Check pictures below for tip on a school building looks like
Am sure you are promoting convenant University to earn God's blessings and avoid his curse.
Lol
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Wilson500: 11:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
fijihems:
Ghana with a population of about 20 million people competes and most times over perform Nigeria in almost every sphere of life even with less resources compared with Nigeria. This proves that size doesn't matter. African countries with highest standard of living are actually the smallest in population.

Apart from corruption
Nigeria's enormous population is one of her problems
So I expect Ghana's standard of living to be better than that of Nigeria .
Overpopulation is a cancer to a country if you don't know especially to a continent like Africa

2 Likes

Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Peacecore: 12:05am On Sep 19, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
No be UI be first o. Na UNN.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Peacecore: 12:06am On Sep 19, 2022
Thunder fire dia yansh for them.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Proudlyomonna: 1:14am On Sep 19, 2022
JoshTim:

Get sense for once. Make Tinubu no go dey make you dey mad small small.

Your lineage should raise a war fighting your governors not Tinubu who was the governor of Lagos.

Tinubu is not your source of poverty and misery in life. Channel your energy to your kinsmen.

But tinubu no go see shishi sha grin
Him don Old make him go halse go sleep grin
Aso rock is not where dey take care of sick shaky old criminals.
Apc must GO.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by sharone21(f): 2:24am On Sep 19, 2022
olulove:
It was founded in 1948, in the British colony of the Gold Coast, as the University College of the Gold Coast, and was originally an affiliate college of the University of London, which supervised its academic programs and awarded degrees

Wow! What a master work of architecture in a serene learning environment...Most universities in Nigeria are like glorified secondary schools, What do you expect though Touch of British.

This were our expectations when we got independence , but the reverse is the case...if not ASUU today, it will be one dysfunctional lecturer chasing an 100lvl student.

May God help us. cry

Love Nigeria....Pray for it.....Naija schools' architecture is GOOD please.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by Akaimmanuel(m): 4:29am On Sep 19, 2022
show me aerial view of ABU or UI. I want to do comparative analysis b4 I formally comment
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by BeanmanX(m): 6:25am On Sep 19, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
Not as beautiful as University of Ghana.... Nigerian institutions are crappy and outdated.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by BeanmanX(m): 6:42am On Sep 19, 2022
Throwback:
Remembered it from Sun City.

The university themed sitcom from Ghana that was showing on Nigerian TV between 2004 and 2006.

Starring the likes of Van Vicker, and characters like Percy, Kojo Amponsah, Africa.
Oh you watched the show too?...I think they were showing the sitcom on AIT then I think,,,it has been long and also another Ghanaian drama called Taxi driver... grin
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by BeanmanX(m): 6:53am On Sep 19, 2022
DOINGS2022:
Don't be deceived by Photoshop/edited pictures. There is nothing special about structures in University of Ghana "LEGON". I have been there several times. I recently visited Jean Mensah Hall "one of the building in the University. I pass through this school on weekly basis. Stop this over hyping. Some Universities in Nigeria has better structures than University of Ghana.
Say the truth and shame the devil,,, I've also been there too and that university is better than many public universities in Nigeria.
Re: See Ghana’s Oldest University View That Got People Talking by lailo: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2022
Realist12:
OAU remains the most beautiful campus in west Africa, the architecture is magnificent. She's a work of art . Our fore fathers built some of the best federal universities in Nigeria. ASUU remains one of the worse union in Nigeria, they are the ones wrecking our their legacies

you just agreed with me those primary and secondary schools are working fine without an hardened anti government union.
If u could open your mouth and say those primary and secondary schools are working fine, then u are an hypocrite and no need to argue with u again. Good luck to your children as they enjoy those schools grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities With Best Teaching Hospitals / Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush / Chiwueze Kingsley: Missing IMSU Student Found Dead (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.