Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

When Marriage Becomes Toxic. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Marriage Becomes Toxic. (23981 Views)

If A Man Doesn't Marry When He Is Broke. Marriage Becomes Difficult When Rich / 2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? / When.marriage Affects Your Sleep,can One Get Divorce For Poor Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Wande22(m): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

Have you both considered Professional marriage counseling in order to help you better understand the problem in your marriages? undecided

Alagba,
Will I do Professional help when she wants to Lord over me in the house
Or the woman wey tell me say she wants to "cut paper for me"
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Kobojunkiee: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2022
Wande22:
Alagba,
Will I do Professional help when she wants to Lord over me in the house
Or the woman wey tell me say she wants to "cut paper for me"
Why not? undecided
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by ahnie: 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
mikkyjay:

Hahahaha brother, nobi small thing oo, marriage wahala no dey ever finish.
My own sef ee, in fact at times I feel like running away to were nobody will find me.
Like one of my old friend will always say 'this thing is not supposed to be for life"
Las Las, na because of children person still dey here o
I really felt for you.you re completely drained emotionally.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by mikkyjay(m): 7:24am On Sep 20, 2022
ahnie:

I really felt for you.you re completely drained emotionally.

It's not a small emotional draining, at times I wish I can just reverse time and remain single.
In fact I do tell single Young men looking to me for advice to remain single if they can.
This marriage of a thing of no longer what it used to be.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by mikkyjay(m): 7:33am On Sep 20, 2022
Wande22:
hehehehehe i think Say na only Me o
Especially if she get small change for hand

I think that statement that when a woman gets money she thinks she doesn't need a man is true,
Another thing is, after a while the love vanishes and no matter how you try it hardly ever comes back, if you listen to some people that do tell you to keep doing certain things to bring back her love, you will realise that it hardly ever comes back, the more you simp for her the more she disrespects you, those advices don't work.

I think this is why in the Western world once love is gone they go their separate ways, I think this option is better.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Wande22(m): 8:24am On Sep 20, 2022
mikkyjay:

I think that statement that when a woman gets money she thinks she doesn't need a man is true,
Another thing is, after a while the love vanishes and no matter how you try it hardly ever comes back, if you listen to some people that do tell you to keep doing certain things to bring back her love, you will realise that it hardly ever comes back, the more you simp for her the more she disrespects you, those advices don't work.

I think this is why in the Western world once love is gone they go their separate ways, I think this option is better.
Bro, sometimes i ask myself "is it a crime to allow a woman to have money more than oneself" that's why i'll ensure that my Son is adequately "successful" before he marries and my daughter's fiance is more successful/richer than her
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by ahnie: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2022
mikkyjay:

It's not a small emotional draining, at times I wish I can just reverse time and remain single.
In fact I do tell single Young men looking to me for advice to remain single if they can.
This marriage of a thing of no longer what it used to be.

Nawa o
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by ahnie: 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2022
mikkyjay:

At the bolded,I beg to disagree,it all boils down to how the man treated the woman before she started making money.

Forgiveness is a very lonely road,you know?

2 Likes

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Wande22(m): 4:52am On Sep 21, 2022
ahnie:

At the bolded,I beg to disagree,it all boils down to how the man treated the woman before she started making money.

Forgiveness is a very lonely road,you know?

Ahnie, lemme share a lil story
> The guy works and his wife is doing a small business
> In his meager salary he does all doables at home
> She got funds, expanded her business
> Guyman no get job again
> She come dey recommend jobs that are demeaning to guy
> Guy says no and she flares up
> Guy wants to start his own stuff she is saying that the job/business guy wants to do isn't realistic
> Guy remained adamant to his dreams but she started showing everywhere that she's the boss

If Guy has the opportunity to walk away, won't he
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by ahnie: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2022
Wande22:

Ahnie, lemme share a lil story
> The guy works and his wife is doing a small business
> In his meager salary he does all doables at home
> She got funds, expanded her business
> Guyman no get job again
> She come dey recommend jobs that are demeaning to guy
> Guy says no and she flares up
> Guy wants to start his own stuff she is saying that the job/business guy wants to do isn't realistic
> Guy remained adamant to his dreams but she started showing everywhere that she's the boss

If Guy has the opportunity to walk away, won't he
If you don't mind,pls mind giving me your WhatsApp details?
I would really loved us to chat offline.
Many thanks!
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2022
mikkyjay:

It depends, but companionship is a natural human requirement & unless you are Bi-sexual, you will definitely need someone of the opposite sex to be with. Either for sex or just companionships. What just happens when women make more money is that they look upwards the ladder for men and disregard lower earning men or men in the same level. This can also be a net-negative because the pool of men are now smaller for them to have the companionship with.

The most loneliest part of anyone's life is when they are 40 & above. At this point you should have gotten your companion early & any woman who is single at this age would have to start paying for companionship. It is worthy to note that men have been paying for companionship for a long time, so a man at 50 years paying for companionship with a young lady doesn't change much compared to a woman paying.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Wande22(m): 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
ahnie:

Many thanks!

My WhatsApp number is in the signature line ma'am
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Moniya4Real(m): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Thanks bro, but I am just like, wondering why a married woman will be spending time with an actor(alone)for like 7 consecutive days ? People used to see her go in but…..

Romanoff:

Unless you have evidence, don't put a crack in your marriage and don't let anyone else do with baseless accusations without evidence.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Magnoliaa(f): 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
hartopher76:
Married people, have you ever come to a point were you feel that outside your children, you have no other business with your wife.

Wife or spouse? undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Mamapraiz: 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2022
Mr.hartopher76: I'm pretty sure your wife also will have no business with you aside from her children which is very important to her. You should look inwardly and be sure you have not frustrated this same woman before the marriage became toxic. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by MallamChukwudi: 1:09am On Sep 22, 2022
Toxicity is multi-faceted. It is always good to self-reflect, something that is painfully difficult to do because when people complain about the other person, they ignore the fact that evil dwells in their hearts equally. So instead of pointing fingers, introspect about your actions and inactions, and be damn sure you are not participating in the toxicity.

Another one would be foundational. Marriage is not something that is entered with the wrong mindset, it takes preparations and a proper mindset. Marriage is a place you give your best self humanly possible, and the other person should understand it this way and do the same, otherwise, it will become hell for both of you as time goes by.

Time, like distance, simply reveals the destination to you. If your marriage is on the wrong foundation, then in a matter of time, the crack will burst open. To cut long story short, it is not only necessary but absolutely important to prevent problems that already existed before marriage. So solve it first and don't sweep it under the rug. Marriage without toxicity is possible if we can be kind to treat our partner how we want to be treated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Wande22(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:

Many thanks!
081-60694908
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by ahnie: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wande22:

081-60694908

Ok!seen
You would see my pop up on WhatsApp now.
Seems you're not on WhatsApp
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Wande22(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
ahnie:

Ok!seen
You would see my pop up on WhatsApp now.
Seems you're not on WhatsApp
I am ma'am

Still expecting your message ma
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Moniya4Real(m): 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
Don’t know if this can be regarded as a viable evidence though: She was observed goin to meet the person she was alleged to be cheating with on a daily basis for like a week (alone in an entire building used for movie location) People we’re like, what could a married woman be doing alone with another married actor? It’s a serious one bro

Romanoff:

Unless you have evidence, don't put a crack in your marriage and don't let anyone else do with baseless accusations without evidence.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Romanoff(f): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
Moniya4Real:
Don’t know if this can be regarded as a viable evidence though: She was observed goin to meet the person she was alleged to be cheating with on a daily basis for like a week (alone in an entire building used for movie location) People we’re like, what could a married woman be doing alone with another married actor? It’s a serious one bro

Trail her there o.

Make sure you catch her red handed if indeed she's cheating.

Just make sure you have proof before confronting her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / 14-yr-old Boy Kills Brother With Dad’s Gun While ‘acting’ Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.