Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (23905 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by GeneralKoko(m): 9:55am On May 01, 2022
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

10 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Daniel7543: 9:59am On May 01, 2022
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.

263 Likes 11 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by squash47(m): 10:04am On May 01, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Roctation farano please front page

17 after secondary school... almost all my class mates and friends left their parents that same year...
We all independent modafuckers now.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 01, 2022
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by tayewomi(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2022
I left at 19 yrs,as a guy,you have to discover and stand on yr feet in yr early 20's.In my own case there's no reason what's over i just decide to start catering for myself,that's why i left..

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by tayewomi(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2022
Daniel7543:

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.
glad to know you doing well,hp yr work is going fine..I just love to see nig graduates doing well,ASUU is still dealing with us now.

17 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by chatinent: 10:11am On May 01, 2022
I think at 16. Home was no home, man. Leaving home doesn't guarantee total liberation from your parents if it's the main reason you are leaving. But one thing it guarantees: you go suffer. Well, contact me for research writing services.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Lilsameey: 10:13am On May 01, 2022
I was 18 when I left.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by shege45: 10:51am On May 01, 2022
GeneralKoko:

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Roctation farano please front page
26 ooooo, when I was fully ready. No pressure

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by siofra(f): 11:00am On May 01, 2022
I want to leave soon but my parents say they will arrest me if I leave. Is it possible?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by obinna58(m): 11:03am On May 01, 2022
Left at 18
Came back at 24 with bulk cash and developed a poultry farmhouse, I hope to kick it start running like an engine before going back to city within the space of 2yrs.

45 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Exkandayee(m): 11:22am On May 01, 2022
I left@21 after I droped out in final year ,then I japa...

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Richarlison640(m): 12:25pm On May 01, 2022
13years

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Islandlady(f): 12:25pm On May 01, 2022
Well to be frank at 23years old I left their house, their rules and their turf for them to be independent on my own till now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Jmarjr(m): 1:20pm On May 01, 2022
22 yo. And am happy i did, without pressure managing myself by my self now without any hassle
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ocholu: 1:27pm On May 01, 2022
Let me be real with you OP; leaving your parents house then was easy. I am talking about right up to Goodluck Jonathan's tenure. When things were a bit soft and chilling.

But try am now, you go see shege. I am talking from experience. Real shege if you just leave your parents house without some good cash or a skill that's fetching you money.

"I left home to feed home, don de call home make them abeg send am garri".

I became independent immediately after my university. My mum called tiredlessly that I should at least spend a year with them before japaying to the wider world. I said no!

I graduated with roughly about 500k in my account. So I thought I was the man. I moved, rented an apartment of about 250k furnished it and when I checked my account balance, hot tears nearly devoured me. Wetin ah pass through for hunger hand no be here. Fine crib but no money to feed.

I didn't give up sha. I was solid like a rock. After a year, i couldn't renew my rent, landlord served me quit notice. Haha.

Also, even though I was talented/skillful at that time, navigating through the murky waters of independency wasn't easy. As I was lazy and procrastinated a lot.

After I was relegated to a crib were mosquitoes, insects of different species and other ruminant animals were co-tenants na that time my eyes open and clear.

All these happened between a year and 6ix months. All that is history now. God, hardwork and Grace saw me through. I can comfortably afford any lifestyle I want right now.

251 Likes 11 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Simplelion: 1:49pm On May 01, 2022
at 17
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Loveisnotenough: 2:37pm On May 01, 2022
I left at 16....My mum disowned me for 2 years, I slept in uncompleted building, I realized that I have made a mistake, the price for independence is very huge...I almost went back home but Now I'm the CEO of a booming company. Thank you Ya Allah.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Fiscus105(m): 2:41pm On May 01, 2022
squash47:

17 after secondary school... almost all my class mates and friends left their parents that same year...
We all independent modafuckers now.

No wonder criminal elements are on geometric progression.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Juliusmomoh2: 2:42pm On May 01, 2022
Daniel7543:

at ebese? or obajana

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by MikeofKd(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2022
BoredBerry:
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided

I stay in abj, I can accommodate you but you gotta pay tho

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by squash47(m): 3:19pm On May 01, 2022
Fiscus105:

No wonder criminal elements are on geometric progression.
You talk a lot of nonsense.
After secondary school, shouldn't the next stage be higher institution ?
Do you live with your parents in school hostel ?
Geometric Progression. Una go dey speak anyhow English.

12 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Jmichael1(m): 3:49pm On May 01, 2022
Due to the kind of hood i grew up in,i left home at 14 bcus i want to knw in and out of street life and beyond.....
made sum cool cash through my street hustle bt flejo no gree man to invest,its been 12yrs since i left home bt d street is nt frdly....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Fiscus105(m): 4:06pm On May 01, 2022
squash47:

You talk a lot of nonsense.
After secondary school, shouldn't the next stage be higher institution ?
Do you live with your parents in school hostel ?
Geometric Progression. Una go dey speak anyhow English.

Wen u stay in school hostel even in university, u re still much under the care of ur parents.

I repeat, you and ur friends that left home immediately after secondary sch are reason crime rates are increasing.

When a teenager left under the care of his parents without tangible job to bring income to cater for him....... surely you will result to hooliganism, stealing, cultism, yahoo and ritual that many of you are into in recent time, as a result of failed parenting.

109 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 4:28pm On May 01, 2022
Left home at 17 dad was on my fvcking neck angry .

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 4:30pm On May 01, 2022
Daniel7543:

Funny sh*t......cheesy.

So you spend waste four years in uni just
to become a truck driver cry .

12 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by squash47(m): 5:25pm On May 01, 2022
Fiscus105:

Wen u stay in school hostel even in university, u re still much under the care of ur parents.

I repeat, you and ur friends that left home immediately after secondary sch are reason crime rates are increasing.

When a teenager left under the care of his parents without tangible job to bring income to cater for him....... surely you will result to hooliganism, stealing, cultism, yahoo and ritual that many of you result to in recent time, as a result of failed parenting.

You're right.

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Daniel7543: 5:51pm On May 01, 2022
cherryCola:

Funny sh*t......cheesy.

So you spend waste four years in uni just
to become a truck driver cry .
Lol.. You're just a kid. You know nothing dear.

Well, for your information, I bought a land and I'm also building my house on it with this same hustle. There are some jobs you don't look down on dear.

For your information MSc and Phd holders are drivers in Dangote's company.

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 01, 2022
MikeofKd:

I stay in abj, I can accommodate you but you gotta pay tho
Thank you... Ofcourse... Depends on the location... I'm in abuja... I need somewhere close to gwagalada...

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by GingerbreadMen(m): 7:50pm On May 01, 2022
Daniel7543:

Well, for your information, I bought a land and I'm also building my house on it with this same hustle. There are some jobs you don't look down on dear.

You need a Masters/PhD to be a Dangote truck driver? What!?
How much is the pay biko make I know whether I go enter Dangote truck driving school grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Bouncing2(m): 9:28pm On May 01, 2022
15 ,,,,
Been away at academy and school,,never returned since then,, just occasional 3-4 days holidays (dec,easter etc).
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 9:36pm On May 01, 2022
Daniel7543:

That doesn't stop you from being a fvcking truck
driver tongue.

The land you bought and the house you build was
from all the thieves and cutting you guys made,
So stop making it sounds as if is from your salary undecided .

23 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Make The Sweetest Healthy Zobo Without Sugar. / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? / Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.