Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration (5980 Views)

‘medicine After Death’, Obi Blasts INEC Over 2023 Election Report / Gov Election 2023: Ogun NNPP To Sue INEC For Omitting Party’s Name / Buhari Backs Governor Mohammed Abubakar To Sue INEC Over Bauchi Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration by Voiceofthestree: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2022
Dreal1247:
The registration agents actually frustrated the registration of many people.

I swear to God APC government are the worst that as happen to Nigeria. Most of the registration agent are APC mole the knew many fresh voters want to register and vote for OBI so they frustrate them there is one particular stupid woman at inec register center at 3rd bus stop in Benin the woman is very stupid woman she will come and sit down hundreds of people will have been waiting for this woman before she come once she come she will sit down make calls for like hours then start doing her making up if people are complaining she will says if you can’t wait you can go no be by force I want there for more than 8time this stupid woman with different character there is one day I have been there since 7am the woman come around past 8 she ask a small young girl to sweep under the canopy they were using so the girl declined she immediately said nobody will register that day I confronted her it result to many talk but I don’t want problem I talk to her ear so I leave in annoyance after give her a insult of her life that’s how most of them are doing a lot of things need to change in this country I swear nah we be our self problem.... I swear a bag of rice is sold at 26k in Ogun state and same rice is been sold for 38k in Benin same country oooo
Re: CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration by MMWandali: 7:54am On Sep 19, 2022
Delay defeats Equity

They should have completed their registration in good time
Re: CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration by MarketDispatch: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2022
trutharena:
The court should just pick them up and fine them like 20million each for wasting the court time.

You have years to register for your PVC but you were busy doing nonsense and when the deadline passed, you have the effrontery to drag INEC to court for not extending deadline twice.

If they keep the registration on till now, what time will they have to validate their list, print the PVC, and prepare for the election?

Anyone that turns 18 years is eligible to register. If the person turned 18 years old on the day before the closure date or on the day of closure, they are eligible to have INEC complete their registration.

Any new registration after closure should not be processed however registration on or before closure date must be processed

They are right to use a lawyer.
Re: CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration by kumulus(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2022
PandoraObi:
The essence of the registration have been defeated when multiple registration is almost half of the registration especially in the south east just to sway votes in favour of Peter Obi, there is no need of continue wasting resources and effort on futility

Lies!!!

How is it INEC’s system wasn’t able to indicate such individuals already have an active profile during pre-registration online, it even failed to stop multiple registration at the time of biometric capture.

I think INEC is in for a long haul of suits and counter suits going into and after the elections (IF there’ll be one)

These are clear grounds for disenfranchisement and any competent court of justice would agree. Even sane individuals wouldn’t object.
Re: CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration by HRMK: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2022
ARRANT NONSENSE! ABUSE OF COURT PROCESS!!
Re: CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration by Validated: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2022
trutharena:
The court should just pick them up and fine them like 20million each for wasting the court time.

You have years to register for your PVC but you were busy doing nonsense and when the deadline passed, you have the effrontery to drag INEC to court for not extending deadline twice.

If they keep the registration on till now, what time will they have to validate their list, print the PVC, and prepare for the election?

INEC have no power under the law to stop CONTINUOUS voters registration. Anyone who turns 18 on February 24, 2023 is eligible to have Permanent voter card.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Ranking Of Tribes And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / President Buhari And Gov. El-rufai’s Unrewarding Jibes / Enugu Govt Explains Delay In Road Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.