Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . (13998 Views)

Man, 27, Remanded For Biting Off Police Officer’s Ear / 18-yr-old Apprentice Remanded For Raping Neighbour’s 4-yr-old Daughter / Another Nigerian Jason Akinole Is Arrested For Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by daylae(m): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
eediot guy. angry
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by ideylaff: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2011
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-730675.224.html[/img]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-730675.224.html

O maaa she ooo o

what a pity,

Is the Poudland Crisps chick really Nigerian?  
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by lepasharon(f): 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
i thought nigerians tent to be the most well trained off the black ppl undecided
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by kizito96(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
Have you read the area where a Nigerian sold the property of an Australian in his absence? Nigerians are going more scientific in their trade
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Oyibogab: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2011
[b]riot apart, see how these people can secure their country with CCTV. Armed robbers cannot go and rob a bank there and go free. Unlike my Nyja where everything is happening. No security, no electricity,  no road, nothing nothing!!!!!!
In which area are we even better, let me ask? Pls let somebody answer me.[/b]
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by buzugee(m): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2011
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by prefers555: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2011
If you know you wont have been tempted to steal in the riot and you are in this forum. pls say hii, iiii. Very typical of nigerians to curse others to hell as if they themselves are saints. Msteeeeeewwww!! shocked
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by buzugee(m): 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
Oyibogab:

[b]riot apart, see how these people can secure their country with CCTV. Armed robbers cannot go and rob a bank there and go free. Unlike my Nyja where everything is happening. No security, no electricity,  no road, nothing nothing!!!!!!
In which area are we even better, let me ask? Pls let somebody answer me.[/b]

why is everything a comparison game for you lot ? why are you always comparing places to nigeria ? just because you are finding it rough in nigeria does not mean tonnes of people are not having the best times of their life their.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by basadenet: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2011
Why a Nigerian? Why Adeshina? What happen to those Pictures of white and black people that were posted on Nairaland. Check the below post
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732173.0.html
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Myself2(m): 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2011
buzugee:

rioters evicted from their council houses http://uk.news.yahoo.com/first-riot-related-eviction-notice-served.html

Serves them right

Now how many of the so-called rioters,who are actually criminal looters,had Mark Duggan on their mind whilst they were breaking doors and windows of shops so they could go in  and steal from there and thereafter burn down the shop,we're talking of other innocent people's shop;people who are exposed to the same economic and socio-political climate like the useless criminals.

Any foreign nationals caught on CCTV to have taken part in the criminal acts and that was successfully traced and arrested should be incacerated pronto and after serving out their jail terms should be cuffed hands and legs and deported to their countries of origin
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by freshng: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
Why Nigerian?
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by justwise(m): 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
basadenet:

Why a Nigerian? Why Adeshina? What happen to those Pictures of white and black people that were posted on Nairaland. Check the below post
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732173.0.html

Your point is? The Nigerian is a thief and deserved what she got.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by AroOkigbo(m): 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
prefers555:

If you know you wont have been tempted to steal in the riot and you are in this forum. pls say hii, iiii. Very typical of nigerians to curse others to hell as if they themselves are saints. Msteeeeeewwww!! shocked

Tempted to steal is different from stealing.
Adesina wasn't the only Nigerian who either witnessed the riots or had the opportunity to loot. Some others were tempted but never gave in to the temptation, !!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Goldieluks: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2011
This is Racist!!!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
prefers555:

Absolutely nonsense!!! If you can't control temptation then u are weak!!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by bountimore: 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2011
Well, let's stop saying they were quick to publicize a nigeria, please u check out the news well on dailymail for instance, u will see pictures and names of white looters that have been caught and jailed as well, even going as bad as mentioning those that are from the rich homes amongst the whites, their millionaire kids looting,family name and monetary worth of family spoken about as well,so their media aint partial at all.

Let's start from checking ourselves here before mentioning that oyinbos are racist, this kind of tongue lashing btw yoruba and igbos, u call it tribalism, isn't it same as racism afterall? Mature men and women!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by DamiKhojie(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2011
Amazing how media is so quick to blame Nigerians, Asians, Muslims and other while they ignore that many white teens have also participated in the riots. Smh as someone who grew up in the States I always thought the UK was years ahead of us when it came to race relations. undecided.

even in this video where most are white people are commenting it's only blacks causing damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYuMPw6Yi3k

Hopefully everyone participating no matter the race gets what they deserve angry.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by lepasharon(f): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2011
young ppl's question time on bbc 3!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by member479760: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
see weytin police cos'd!
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by 195(f): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2011
smh haters would always call themselvs names  undecided
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by aloyemeka2: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
He is Nigerian now because he was caught looting otherwise he will be British if it was a gold medal he won. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by xristronic(m): 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2011
Am nt surprised though, all this white guys where actually doing what then sanitizing deir CITY abi.
Mtchewww10
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by poby(m): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2011
The boy na stupid boy, can't he see the other oyinbos putting on hood? ode! Monki thinking with his eyes.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
Now i'm afraid for my cousin over there. I can only hope he didn't participate in the looting.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by denzel2009: 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
Brand_new:

Now i'm afraid for my cousin over there. I can only hope he didn't participate in the looting.

does he have the tendency?
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by hackney(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2011
aloy-emeka:

He is Nigerian now because he was caught looting otherwise he will be British if it was a gold medal he won. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Can you imagine.

It will be shocking if nigerians werent involved because the looting was widespread and there are a lot of nigerians in the U.K. period.

there's no exceptional issue there that a nigerian was among the looters.
what about the oyibos with the their ATM opening equipments in the riots?

The sony mega store set alight in enfield must have been by oyibo as blacks no too plenty for that side.
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by lukkie(m): 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2011
Another Nigerian was arrested - Gareth Okoro, 30, of Shepherds Grove, Deighton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025198/UK-riots-2011-Birmingham-police-set-cinema-van-help-shoppers-identify-looters.html
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by mamagee3(f): 12:19am On Aug 13, 2011
Nigerians are the usual suspects. . .

They are always the thieves
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Finecat(m): 1:19am On Aug 13, 2011
You can expect Immigration to London from Africa and Middle east to be thoroughly scrutinized from now on. I wonder what British embassy in Lagos is thinking??
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by kandiikane(m): 1:44am On Aug 13, 2011
If he was born in the UK he is not Nigerian, he only bears the name of a Nigerian. . angry tongue
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by tonysmart: 4:17am On Aug 13, 2011
copied from huhuonlone.com.

Home
UK based, Nigerian model jailed for stealing chewing gum
huhuadmin .User Rating: / 0
PoorBest

Shonola Smith, a 22-year old UK based, Nigerian model and her sister have ended up being part of the first set of youths to be sentenced in London following the riot that engulfed part of the city for days.

Shonola Smith, a pretty model of Nigerian descent, who lived in South Norwood, South London, was arrested with her younger sister, Alicia and their 22 year-old friend, Donness Bissessar, in front of a shop where they reportedly looted with other youths while the riot lasted.

Huhuonline.com understands that when Alicia Smith was arrested as she was carrying ten packs of chewing gum, that she had stolen from a nearby Kwik Stop convenience store on the same day. She confessed to stealing.

The remorseful girls pleaded guilty to entering the store with the intent to steal at Croydon Magistrates’ court before they were finally sentenced.

The Smith sisters sobbed as they were handed a for six months jail term by District Judge, Robert Hunter, after admitting trying to steal from an Argos store on Church Street, Croydon after youths smashed the shop's front during the widespread destruction.

The Smith sisters and Bissessar were previously remanded in custody when they first appeared in court on Tuesday.

The Judge, while delivering his judgement, said: "The tragedy is that you are all of previous good character, each of you well educated.

"You have jobs. You have got plans for future education. You have shown remorse and you have all pleaded guilty.

"However, I can’t ignore the context in which these offences were committed. You have played your part in a wider act where devastation was caused to businesses and local residents.

"In my view, although I’m retaining jurisdiction, the matter is so serious that only a custodial sentence will suffice. That, I hope, will serve as a deterrent to others."

Comments
Re: London Riots: Nigerian Remanded For Looting . by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 13, 2011
Check this out. More Nigerians arrested in London for looting.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734283.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Encourage Us, Our Fellow Officers Hate Us", Delta State Police PRO / NDLEA Impound Truckload Of Tramadol In Benue / Gunmen kill One, Kidnap 10 At Train Station In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.