Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,071 members, 7,863,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:14 AM

FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others (28760 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / Bashir El-rufai: Atiku Paid For A Waiver To Travel to USA / APC Confirms Jonathan’s Membership In Bayelsa, Awaits NWC Waiver To Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by inoki247: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2022
lol
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Tytylion(m): 8:22am On Sep 19, 2022
GET A SCHOLARSHP TO ANY UK UNIVERSITY OF YOUR CHOICE

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Neyoosha007(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2022
Wetin una want again?

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by crazygod(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2022
And you see government in a hurry to bleed SME's in the name of tax drive. Shame. cry

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Emman08: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2022
Meanwhile ordinary Nigerians are taxed dry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by iscom(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2022
OK
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by davidtemi(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2022
Anything for dangote

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Macphenson: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2022
hmmm
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by SouthSouth1914: 8:25am On Sep 19, 2022
North o crazy!
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by nakaman: 8:25am On Sep 19, 2022
I no see the company names, abi na me no read well
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2022
This country can never be better
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by principalgee: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2022
I totally disagree with this move by the FG.
Salary earners are paying tax
Business owners are exempted.
There is God oooo

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by leisuretym: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2022
northern businesse
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Ayo8(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2022
This is how unhealthy competition comes to play... They get subsidized dollar rates, they get loans, they get waivers and even lopsided policies. what waiver is being granted to SME's...??

3 Likes

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by MedicH: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2022
omowolewa:
So they tax poor to pay the rich

and the poor loves it heheheh
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Tvoice: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2022
Main while assu is still on strike, this pipo are maaad all of dem Don ment
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2022
Omo shocked
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:31am On Sep 19, 2022
omowolewa:
So they tax poor to pay the rich

That’s how it is with capitalist states.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by obailala(m): 8:31am On Sep 19, 2022
Nwaotu10:
All northerners. Nepotism has destroyed this kwontri. cry
havenz:
16 trillion grant to one part of the country, Buhari is evil and full of nepotistic character.

I can't wait for Buhari administration and the whole of APC to rest in exile.
Did you guys read the report? Or you just said this cos someone above said "northerners"?

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by MuMuOnBail: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2022
Please can someone translate those grammar and economic jargons into Pidgin English for me.

Because as e be like this, I no understand anything there

grin

But let me just behave like our IPOB brothers above by portraying my ignorance by saying;

Buhari is clueless and always keep signing rubbish into law.

President Peter Obi is coming!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Petermarshal(m): 8:33am On Sep 19, 2022
Granting waiver for tax worth trillions, while my shop was demolished a month ago for my inability to pay the sum of 100k for environmental duty un-notified.

2 Likes

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2022
omoredia:
Dangote is not a business man but a politician. That's why you cant see he having anything meaningful to say amongst notable business men of the world.

He is a product and beneficiary of the rot in the system. Not spectacular about him.

2 Likes

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by meolaniyi(m): 8:36am On Sep 19, 2022
Innonson was not included

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by blaise26abj(m): 8:36am On Sep 19, 2022
If you have a functioning company , you will know why FIRS guys are lounging . Corruption in Nigeria is deep . Let’s say you have to pay 6 million in taxes , they will ask you to pay 2 million and Roger them 1 million . Then you are issued tax certificates clearing you .
Imagine for huge companies like that and the huge amount of tax reliefs . If you think that nothing is given to the tax incentives officers to approve these things then you are naive

5 Likes

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by havenz(m): 8:37am On Sep 19, 2022
Am well educated my dear i don't read people's comment before i post, what is nepotism that one can not redefine?

obailala:
Did you guys read the report? Or you just said this cos someone above said "northerners"?
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by funshint(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2022
Is Dangote the only company in this country? They should kuku Just sell Nigeria to him. Only him will be granted concession to import grain, only him was exempted from border embargo, only him was given rebate by NNPC to import crude oil for it's refinery, now he's been given a free tax concession. Nigeria can afford to easily lose ₦16trillion but find it difficult to grant ASUU's ₦220bn request. This govt is not even hiding it's impunity. Can't wait for this administration to just pack up and go!

4 Likes

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Reference(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2022
Waivers are necessary by nature as stimulus for nascent enterprises and as insurance in bad times but these should be term based and not open ended and when such enterprises are stable, government should recover every penny conceded.

So these crazy waivers should be ended as it is already. None of them qualifies for it anymore. How can you be giving waivers to a bouyant enterprise that is in the process of expanding business.

That is an economic crime and in a working democracy with independent institutions the EFCC should be looking into it with a view to investigating both the receiver and giver to determine if no underhand dealings are behind it's sustenance.

5 Likes

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2022
MuMuOnBail:
Please can someone translate those grammar and economic jargons into Pidgin English for me.

Because as e be like this, I no understand anything there

grin

But let me just behave like our IPOB brothers above by portraying my ignorance by saying;

Buhari is clueless and always keep signing rubbish into law.

President Peter Obi is coming!!!!!!!!

When it’s time to steal. That is when they start blowing big big grammars grin
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Cognitivereason: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2022
omoredia:
Dangote is not a business man but a politician. That's why you cant see he having anything meaningful to say amongst notable business men of the world.
they granted waivers to Dangote groups and 45 other companies

but you decided to leave the 45 companies and attack Dangote alone

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Cognitivereason: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2022
Reference:
Waivers are necessary by nature as stimulus for nascent enterprises and as insurance in bad times but these should be term based and not open ended and when such enterprises are stable, government should recover every penny conceded.

So these crazy waivers should be ended as it is already. None of them qualifies for it anymore. How can you be giving waivers to a bouyant enterprise that is in the process of expanding business.
they granted waivers to Dangote groups and 45 other companies

but you decided to leave the 45 companies and attack Dangote alone

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Patriotsleague: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2022
Since these are locally owned companies, it makes sense, so the companies can expand more, produce more cheaply and use available funds to build good infrastructure within it's operational base, as well as create jobs. It's about mobilizing the economy, creating jobs and reducing foreign exchange rate by boosting home productivity.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2022
Buhari is a cuurse cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Is Campaigning Against Tinubu — Odinkalu / "Patience Jonathan Is As Old As Buhari But Hiding It With Make-Up” – Borno Women / Priests, Sisters Protest Killing Of Enugu People By Fulanis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.