Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment (14412 Views)

Tinubu Releases New Photo To Show He's Still Young, Agile And Capable / Shehu Sani Reacts To Dangote’s APC Appointment / Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Form ‘new APC’, Set To Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by adenigga(m): 12:44am On Sep 20, 2022
Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, on Monday night says the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, made no mistake by appointing him as National Youth Coordinator of the APC Presidential Campaign Council.

This is even as he maintained that it would be unfair for anybody not to regard a young person like him as suitable to lead Nigerian youths.

Bello made the statement when he appeared on Politics Today, a popular programme on Channels TV.

The United Nations, without prejudice to any other definitions made by Member States, defines ‘youth’ as persons between the ages of 15 and 24 years.

But a defiant Bello announced on the live programme on Monday night that he is still a young person despite being almost twice the age gap.

He said, “Today, I consider myself as a young man in my late 40s. I am a bridge between very young, old and middle-age people. I became a governor of Kogi State at the age of 40 and now 47 years. As a governor, I have brought about revolution in the state.

“If you look at those who work around me, they are basically youths. I am the one who understand the language metamorphosing, growing and coming from them. I am more connected with the younger generation. That connectivity is what made our leader to consider me fit for this task (youth coordinator).”

When asked where he hopes to find the majority of the young people he is saddled to coordinate and woo to vote in 2023, the governor stated that he would have no problem getting them.

“The youths of today are found everywhere in Nigeria. We have had the connection already. It is a base that more or less come into contest and it will continue to swell.

“I can assure you that in the next general election, we are going to sweep the poll. That’s because the youths know that when I talk, I speak the truth. That’s also because I have seen our candidate’s capability and integrity to choose and go for the best. I am ready to stake my integrity for that,” he said.
Source: https://punchng.com/I-am-still-young-Bello-defends-new-APC-appointment

5 Likes

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Xscape1993(m): 12:49am On Sep 20, 2022
You are still young and they denied you the presidential ticket. They gave it to the founder of agberos in Nigeria. I just pity those that are still supporting the evil party.

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 20, 2022
Na watin they ask you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by sirjoggy(m): 12:56am On Sep 20, 2022
Is alright

1 Like

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Totilopussylick(m): 1:06am On Sep 20, 2022
"I can assure you that in the next general election, we APC are going to " Fail" tongue.

That’s because the youths know that when I talk, I speak "lies" tongue.

That’s also because I have seen our candidate’s capability in "sleeping" tongue

Integrity in "Wearing Pampers" tongue

And go for the "worsts" tongue.

I am ready to stake my " Foolishness" tongue

for that,” Governor Yeye Bello of Lokoja capital tongue undecided.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Antyislam: 2:36am On Sep 20, 2022
You are as young as Tinubu , shameless man

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Emmacolinho(m): 4:56am On Sep 20, 2022
For your pocket sha

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by oluwaSavage: 4:58am On Sep 20, 2022
Clowns

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Lexusgs430: 5:00am On Sep 20, 2022
Almost 50 young ........ cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by dollarsplenty(m): 5:00am On Sep 20, 2022
It's only in Nigeria that a person like him with toxic source of wealth would become a governor.

9 Likes

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Epicji: 5:03am On Sep 20, 2022
Support Tinubu and look stupid

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Kennitrust(m): 5:04am On Sep 20, 2022
Agbado proactive criminal

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by jaxxy(m): 5:05am On Sep 20, 2022
Who are all these people disturbing Nigerians? Nobody is interested in ur DOA muslim/muslim ticket and unmarketable candidate.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by TrackerXL: 5:07am On Sep 20, 2022
Antyislam:
You are as young as Tinubu , shameless man

Way younger than grandpa Obi Pandora

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by simple250: 5:12am On Sep 20, 2022
Xscape1993:
You are still young and they denied you the presidential ticket. They gave it to the founder of agberos in Nigeria. I just pity those that are still supporting the evil party.

1 Like

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by CalabarPikin: 5:14am On Sep 20, 2022
Failed young man

Can't believe suppose young governors are among worst performing governors in the country......with all the updates
It's a shame

4 Likes

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by onomeabuja: 5:16am On Sep 20, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/I-am-still-young-Bello-defends-new-APC-appointment
Nigeria Youths pls VOTE wisely.
This Sets Of Leaders Don't Mind Selling This Country & Locating To The Moon To Stay With Their Families....
A Vote For Apc Is A Vote For A Satanic Dispensation embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by benuejosh: 5:17am On Sep 20, 2022
Of course sir!
Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by kennyz247(m): 5:18am On Sep 20, 2022
disgraceful and selfish interest
Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:20am On Sep 20, 2022
Shameless Man.
I knew this was his plan all along

He has been running round abuja and Tinubu begging for something

This man is just another typical corrupt desperate politician who goes where the money is
Nigerians should beware of him, his ambition No be am at all.

He was blaming EndSars protesters, telling youths what to do on the pages of newspapers all in a bid to appease Tinubu.

I knew it was all for appointment from Tinubu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by newnet: 5:21am On Sep 20, 2022
Bello is old, APC should allow younger people to be in positions of authority.

Meanwhile,

I POB speaks concerning Monday Sit at home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02VMQd0T0Fk

1 Like

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by PeterObi4LP: 5:31am On Sep 20, 2022
Youth indeed.
Nigerian Youths have decided to contest the presidency through ObiDatti.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Omahleigh(f): 5:32am On Sep 20, 2022
Dumb bleeps
Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Omahleigh(f): 5:32am On Sep 20, 2022
Obi for President

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by SmartPolician: 5:32am On Sep 20, 2022
APC has weaponized abject penury and now they need people who can bring money and buy votes.

Bello's appointment has nothing to do with age. He's the youngest governor among them and they need him to use state resources to buy votes for his party.
Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Keaton(m): 5:35am On Sep 20, 2022
These old political class needs to go
Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by Keaton(m): 5:35am On Sep 20, 2022
SmartPolician:
APC has weaponized abject penury and now they need people who can bring money and buy votes. Bello's appointment has nothing to do with age.
DuBLINGreenb:
Shameless Man.
I knew this was his plan all along

He has been running round abuja and Tinubu begging for something

This man is just another typical corrupt desperate politician who goes where the money is
Nigerians should beware of him, his ambition No be am at all.

He was blaming EndSars protesters, telling youths what to do on the pages of newspapers all in a bid to appease Tinubu.

I knew it was all for appointment from Tinubu.
Re: ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment by tyinfinity: 5:35am On Sep 20, 2022
Drug party called labour party whose most members are languishing in various prisons across Asia and America has nothing to offer Nigerians except promotion of sovereign state of Biafra

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso and team meets with the European Union’s Head of Mission (Photos) / Femi Fani Kayode Remanded In Prison Till July 4th / Governor Ugwuanyi Disburses N5 Million Each To Another 171 Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.