Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? (31161 Views)

How Do I Bring My Cat From Singapore To Nigeria / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy Wow, you are describing a new personality, so it wont eat until you stay.

FLYFIRE:
Your cat is showing you love. Hasn't she been bringing in birds & lizards into the house anytime she sneaks out. My son's cat wont eat her food untill someone stands by her while she eats. Sometimes she would prefer your own food to the extent that she eats eba well robbed in soup. I did not like cats until this one came grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by BigBizzy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
You no get money you dey train animal.

grin cheesy
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Sleekfingers: 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
Alu wala ti olongbo se, lati ko eran je ni.......
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
If you dont like it, go to another news, people are happy to read on it, let them be, it is not all the time, one will be looking at the bad things Nigerians are doing or the depressing news, depression shortens Life.

What we see, also affects us directly or indirectly, some people have high blood pressure, because they consume so much negativity and they do not help themselves, they keep feeding on negativity.

princewarri1985:
just kill the fucking cat! How did this nonsense even made front page at the first place? WTF man where is buggy man? just shoot the fucking cat! i hate ca
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
duro4chang:
Anytime it begs just begin to sing begi begi e no good o, buy your own o e go better

Lol... Exactly what I was going to advise the op. Hahahahaha...
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by mankan2k7(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
U carry your money buy ogbanje, now he don dey show u small small.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
I do have one, but I nearly got attached to him due to his love for animals.

So I try to keep my distance.
SeriouslySense:
Maybe you should see an Animal Doctor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Okay, look for another one if possible, i understand sometimes we get attached due to common values.

Samantha123:
I do have one, but I nearly got attached to him due to his love for animals.

So I try to keep my distance.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
She would come to me and starts meowing and wants to eat from my plate.
hardon1:
How does the cat do the begging if I may ask undecided
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by rpstar12: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
That cat is a northerner
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by duro4chang(m): 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Lol... Exactly what I was going to advise the op. Hahahahaha...
We are on the same page
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by KingMack(m): 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?

do away with that cat ASAP... I'll be your new cat, pls treat as urgent kiss
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
She would come to me, starts meowing and wants to eat from my plate whenever I eat.
hardon1:
How does the cat do the begging if I may ask undecided
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
You guys are very.. grin grin grin
Preztige23:
Country hard even cat dey beg
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Enimin: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
proff010:
You don carry wetin pass you

Mama done go carry her spirit hubby put for house, she think say na cat grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2022
You guys are very funny.. grin grin grin
Preztige23:
Country hard even cat dey beg
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Noted.
descarado:
Your cat might have health problem.
Take the cat to a vet and run some test.
You should have googled this than bringing it here. Or go to better forum that members cherish cats.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by njubu: 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

https://delchesterfeed.com/blog/44652/teach-your-cat-not-to-beg
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thanks.
fof1:

Pls Feed him well and take Better Care of him and he will behave...As he grows Older,its food will not be enough,Pls but at best,Contact it Vet for Lasting Professional Advice.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Alawode01(m): 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Just drop it
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
Okay.
sophirebenitez:

It doesn't hurt ur cat, just mild discomfort. Choose btw this and getting embarrassed by ur persistent beggi beggi cat.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
I'll look for a female veterinarian.
SeriouslySense:
Okay, look for another one if possible, i understand sometimes we get attached due to common values.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by PhantomThief(m): 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
Cat are lovely pet
They know the best way to ignore you like you don't exist and also how to frustrate your life grin grin
Just ignore his begging and walk away from it. As time goes on he will stop begging

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by blakkydikky(m): 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.... Get your cat a teacher to teach it a home training.

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
That's better. Since you had a crush on the male doctor. Prevention is always better than a cure.

Samantha123:
I'll look for a female veterinarian.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by HELLASJ(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Pussy cat grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by kelmicheal: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
All cat no be cat
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
Yes, it is.. grin grin
SeriouslySense:
That's better. Since you had a crush on the male doctor. Prevention is always better than a cure.

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by FLYFIRE(m): 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
SeriouslySense:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Wow, you are describing a new personality, so it wont eat until you stay.

I am telling you. And when you ignore her when she comes when you eat, she will gently tap you on the tommy or kiss your leg. And you know cats are naturally very stubborn that they would disrespectfully snob you when you call, but when you are eating & call; that is when you will know that they even understand your local language grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Lionnation: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Ignore them while eating from my plate
imagine human being eaten in same plate with cats, una strong o
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by RolexOfGeneva(m): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
Cats are my worst pet because of their evil tendency. Cat can blind your eyes for no reason. One of my neighbours cat always want boiled egg. So anytime I visit with boil egg that's how it will follow me with the hunch back up and down.

Not being superstitious, evil means they can harm with their claws just as they can slice with their fangs just stepping on them but if a dog it will only whine but won't bite.
Cats are not evil. You don't know the meaning of the word 'evil'.
They just have bigger personality than dogs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Ways To Spot Dogs Owned By Poor People / Juliana, The Dog That Got Two Blue Cross Medals / Diary of My Rare Sable German Shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.