Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? (21371 Views)

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent / My Wife Is Always Sad Whenever I Send Money To My Family / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by christ007(m): 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
internationalman:
Pray make you get parents like Otedola and Dangote them, na them go still dey send you money even after you don marry.

While some parents keep taunting their children for being too old living and depending on them, others are are feeling too lonely and would even pay their children to park in with them.

To keep the world moving and economy going, certain things are unbalanced to maintain equilibrium.

Life nor go ever balance
Life nor go ever b

The a lot is real my brother
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Ifakiland(m): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
Focusmind:
Sincerely, i always pity people that wants to send money to their parents but are unable because of economic hardship. Those struggling and cannot please their parents. They will feel disappointed in themselves and their parents may also worry that their children they struggled to train have not been able to do things like their fellow men. Some fathers have gone into depression because their sons are unable to take care of them or meet their needs after passing through difficulty to raise and train them. May we continue to be blessings to our parents.

Such a father is mad....why will your kids be your retirement plan? Smh

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Acidosis(m): 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
byinks:
My dad just sent me 1.8 million yesterday...he's the greatest dad ever ! grin

Awwn, I envy your dad. My baby girls will say this about me someday...very soon cheesy

Let me get back to work... wink

4 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by cattylove7(f): 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
SINCE I GOT 2 US I SEND MONEY 3 TIMES A yr 2 my mum cos she's a pensioner she's even in London right now wit my jnr bro 4 hols his a EU/UK citizen sef iv been begging him 2 stay behind n not ff my mum back 2 ngr but his been so brain washed by my mum i hope 1 day he ll open his eyes but my dad who is not a pensioner i send money 2 him every mth i neva did that/can afford 2 do it when i was in naija iv observed 4 naija if parents r middle class/ rich it goes a long way 4 d kids n it helps kids 2 climb up a lot faster my mum's was a high judge who retired as a judge in 2019 while my dad is a surgeon who used 2 work in saudi arabia in d past but if u come from a sapaa background it takes d grace of God 2 climb up d ladder fast if u r single pray n marry well follow ur instinct 2 prevent continuous generations of sapaa background www.cattylove.com

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Juoflife1(f): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
They are dead
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by vickydevoka(m): 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Romanoff:
Monthly, sometimes, twice.
I believe ladies. Guys use theirs to fûck olosho
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Greystone: 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
Sweetplum:
Yesterday evening.
Last Bullet:
Op, is that you below? You are extremely handsome. grin grin

Fearfully made…
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
ThePolemicist:
This useless “jeun omo” syndrome..
It’s good to do what you can and not beyond yourself.
The emotional and societal blackmail is really unnecessary.
We have sacrificed soo much on the altar of sentimentality and it hasn’t gotten us very far.

Plus, the child never begged to be born. I see a lot of parents emotionally blackmailing their kids. Kids should help out when able.

4 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Chris2863(m): 11:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
EtinosaDLaw:

No wonder you're here from morning till night supporting a known criminal to be President. You don't care because you're still being given money by your folks. Whether Nigeria burn or not, e nor concern you
aside being jobless, she no still get sense grin cheesy
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by silverkings: 12:10am On Sep 23, 2022
yemzone:
This morning, 500k cool
must you mention the amount

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Cravemore: 12:22am On Sep 23, 2022
silverkings:
must you mention the amount
spotted already.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by phemmyfour: 4:17am On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:
I understand that most Nigerian are passing through alot currently because of situations of the nation. Some people are even find it so difficult to eat 3 times in a day which make them forget Thier dear parents.

Despite our challenges, we need to understand that we still have more strength to achieve so many things unlike our parents who only depends on us.

So let me put this to your my dear Nairalanders, when last did you send money to your dear parents?
They sent to me instead.

A good parent leaves inheritance for his children
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Makanaki127: 4:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Na my parents still day send me money oh. Country hard abeg, I no fit hang cloth for rope when my hand never reach.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by tafat: 6:02am On Sep 23, 2022
It's been a while, things hard o undecided cry
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by chinweubajude(m): 6:11am On Sep 23, 2022
My bank app is automatically set to send money to my mum on weekly bases

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by dele2k4(m): 6:35am On Sep 23, 2022
May God bless you for this wonderful piece, I thank God I'm able to do little for them but want God to make it big every month and also get both nice SUV car each by the grace of almighty God....
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by LalastiklaIa(m): 7:03am On Sep 23, 2022
Faithy99:
I give my folks 70k monthly but to them it's still not enough....this African parents mentality is killing me
Then simply don't send
Abi Dem point gun to your head undecided
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by LalastiklaIa(m): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
My mother is dead.. If she was alive, i would have given her the entire world.. But you see my father, shishi, i no go give am. A very wicked man..
Cc: verywickedman better repent so your son don't mean you

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by LalastiklaIa(m): 7:11am On Sep 23, 2022
byinks:
My dad just sent me 1.8 million yesterday...he's the greatest dad ever ! grin
Do give away my love grin grin

Ecobank

One 9 nine 3 07 one eight 65
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by JayPeeOham: 7:12am On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:

Why now? U are eating everything and u didn't care of your beautiful mom as eaten? My dear, u are selfish o

An intelligent person would have asked why? And not jumping into hasty conclusion.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by JayPeeOham: 7:13am On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:

Why now? U are eating everything and u didn't care about your beautiful mom as eaten? My dear, u are selfish o

An intelligent person would have asked why? And not jumping to a hasty conclusion
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by FabulousAutos(m): 7:28am On Sep 23, 2022
They are both being taken care of in heaven by the angels.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by naijapikin2(m): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

There are millions of people all over the world that don't talk to their dad because the dad never created that rapport between him and his son or show concern when it was needed. Infact he should not send him shishi again and still not talk to him. What nonsense sad angry

You these African parents you feel too big and important to apologise to your kids even when it's glaring that you are at fault.

Olasyke make sure you don't send a penny until he deflates his ego to make amends with you.

Since I was born to this moment I have never seen Nigerian parents owning up to their evil ways or say "it's my fault, I'm sorry".

Don't send shishi angry angry angry angry
my friend calm down. You will become a dad and you'll understand better. It's not as if our parents are faultless, but two wrongs don't make a right. So just let go, out parents have just a short time with us, even if they are evil you don't disrespect them. Not tomorrow we'll start saying "how I wish"...
They are still our parents o. They may be evil, but they still have parental BLESSINGS to offer. It's well with us.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by lagosrd: 8:28am On Sep 23, 2022
EtinosaDLaw:

No wonder you're here from morning till night supporting a known criminal to be President. You don't care because you're still being given money by your folks. Whether Nigeria burn or not, e nor concern you

A man with one cloth will not mind the city burning down. Cos he has no property to save .

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by ThePolemicist: 8:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Desusi:

You are part of the reason why their op wrote this thread.A Yoruba adage says "bi okete ba dagba tan,omu omo re lo n mu." So you expect your father to still be struggling after 65 above with useless investment.
You clearly don’t know the meaning of investment.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by ThePolemicist: 8:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Desusi:

You are part of the reason why their op wrote this thread.A Yoruba adage says "bi okete ba dagba tan,omu omo re lo n mu." So you expect your father to still be struggling after 65 above with useless investment.
You clearly don’t know the meaning of investment.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by obembet(f): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
My mother is dead.. If she was alive, i would have given her the entire world.. But you see my father, shishi, i no go give am. A very wicked man ..

No no no Sweetheart, please change this mentality, no matter what our parents do for us, we still need to forgive them and move on. I don't need to preach to u cos I believe u are more intelligent and mature than me but pls.. remember that man cos u need his blessings even if you have everything.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by obembet(f): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2022
Bigfish121:
I do most her monthly cable subscription and also pay her rent.its not easy though.

Don't worry dear, God will make a way for you.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by obembet(f): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2022
olisaEze:
Today, even though I need it more than them, I still send it on time because I know they denied themselves a lot just to do same for me! I have the world’s greatest parents no cap! They didn’t have to put up with my mess but they did, and that’s what love really is!! grin

God bless u dear.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by obembet(f): 8:44am On Sep 23, 2022
Ifakiland:
I don't owe them anything....didn't beg them to birth me in the first place so make nobody put pressure of jeun omo on me. Thank you.

I understand you but u owe them alot. Having them as ur parents is a privilege

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Warren Buffett Cuts Off Adopted Granddaughter From His Life. / Man Reveals How He Dealt With His Son For Mocking Someone / Expectant Couple Crushed To Death After Waiting For 13years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.