Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War (23910 Views)

Schools In 14 States, FCT Risk Attacks, Says FG / Strike: Some ASUU Demands Can’t Be Met Now, Says FG / ASUU Threatens To Go On Strike, Says FG Is Reluctant To Implement The 2019 Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Eleyigidgan: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2022
Marvieduke:

Make sure you tell them how you mention my father in a I have also reported you of bully

please you guys should check the report
I will deal with you on this forum.
see your ugly ashawo face
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Jackbaur88: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2022
spencekat:
ASUU,NURTW and NUPENG are the most stubborn unions in Nigeria.You don't mess with them at all.
ASUU is like a cult. They are so United and cohesive.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by LORDCYPRESS(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2022
[quote author=shortIGBOman post=116932065]

I repeat, all those supporting ASUU are IPOB terrorist. If the thing pain you too well, locate the nearest Tr*nsformer.

U jus confirm.. What i was thinking about you..

A leopard can't change it skin ..

Enjoy ur slavery.... son
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Elidrisy20: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2022
This really defined schooling in Nigeria is a scam
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by wales4real(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2022
FG should declare the positions of these lecturers vacant and accept new applications from young scholars and those interested. They should then pay all of them off with their prorated gratuity.
After all a lecturer that has not worked for 8months is brain-drained already.
Nonsense. Their peers in other countries are involved in researches and other things that generate most of the school income.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by JJuanMiguel: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2022
Benbellamor:
your demented thinking stinks
Let's school you o
Even if ASUU lost appeal they will appeal to the supreme Court... And file for Stay of execution of judgement.... No arrest can be made No contempt... Olodo
It will only lead to further delay, ASUU won't win even in the supreme court, dragging this issue further will only subject the lecturers to further financial woes.

Going to appeal that you don't want to go back to work after 7 months while also demanding to be paid for the 7 months absence is somehow.

By the way, if FG really want to engage in a witch hunt with ASUU, the reports that ASUU have not submitted their audit reports for five years running as required by the law is sufficient enough to suspend ASUU as a union.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by JJuanMiguel: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2022
[quote author=LORDCYPRESS post=116935632][/quote]
They want things to get as bad as possible, so they can use it for campaign.

When there's a report that troops have neutralized some terrorists, bandits etc. You here things like fake news, audio and the likes.
But they are quick to belive if it's the other way round.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2022
Travesty:
Travesty, YOUR PAPA DON'T HAVE SENSE.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by obioma69w: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2022
No end in sight as if FG will also obey the court order if it’s other way round....No end in sight as if FG will also obey the court order if it’s other way round.......
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2022
[quote author=LORDCYPRESS post=116935632][/quote]

Fvck ASUU

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by PeriodicTable: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2022
gassbee:
try n b current and not just criticise blindly, FG has met more than 80% of their demand
Try and be current my friend. That lie is too big for you to carry. FG has not met one demand. Go and find out before you talk.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 11:29am On Sep 23, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

Go drag them to work. Yoruba pig

You see. I kept telling whoever cares to listen that. All those that are supporting ASUU are IPOB terrorist.

We Nigerians are solidly behind FG. Fvck ASUU and their IPOB supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by NOwazobia: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Lol
So going on strike is how to get the government who don't care about education to invest in education?
How well has that worked for 7 months now?

I'm enjoying this now. ASUU will file an appeal that they don't want to go back to work after 7 months at the same time demanding to be paid for the 7 months out of work period grin.
Self-destruct mode activated.
Maybe they should have been in the streets protesting their demands, because the last time I checked, dialogue doesn't work in Nigeria.

Moreover, if ASUU demand is not meant while out of class, is it when they are in the class doing what the federal government needed them to do that they will be listened to?

I heard they have been charging the government with their demands before going on strike; the strike even started as a warning strike before it metamorphose into indefinite

undecided undecided.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by NOwazobia: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
I thought ASUU said UtAS passed the test?
Your almighty overhyped IPPIS also failed the test...

A government getting things wrong and a private body getting things wrong, which is worse?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by NOwazobia: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Fvck ASUU. Nigerian are solidly behind FG.

I am also a Nigerian, i am behind ASUU, fawk your demented papa on the sit of power, Ajaling allover the globe. undecided

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by JJuanMiguel: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2022
NOwazobia:
Maybe they should have been in the streets protesting their demands, because the last time I checked, dialogue doesn't work in Nigeria.

Moreover, if ASUU demand is not meant while out of class, is it when they are in the class doing what the federal government needed them to do that they will be listened to?

I heard they have been charging the government with their demands before going on strike; the strike even started as a warning strike before it metamorphose into indefinite

undecided undecided.
I have repeated this enough.
Strike itself is a problem, why must they try to use a problem to solve another problem?
What would they do with the irreversible damages that has occurred due to this strike now?

ASUU were even boasting a couple of months ago that they were ready to go on strike for two years, thinking they would get their accumulated wages after the strike as usual, without minding the effect of the strike on the students and other stake holders.

They are now hyperactive and bitter when FG decided to implement no work no pay.

I support the evil FG to continue to batter ASUU till they become sensible enough that strike is not the solution to the problems in the education sector.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by NOwazobia: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2022
gassbee:
try n b current and not just criticise blindly, FG has met more than 80% of their demand
This one is brain dead. Tueh!
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by NOwazobia: 11:52am On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

I have repeated this enough.
Strike itself is a problem, why must they try to use a problem to solve another problem?
What would they do with the irreversible damages that has occurred due to this strike now?

ASUU were even boasting a couple of months ago that they were ready to go on strike for two years, thinking they would get their accumulated wages after the strike as usual, without minding the effect of the strike on the students and other stake holders.

They are now hyperactive and bitter when FG decided to implement no work no pay.

I support the evil FG to continue to batter ASUU till they become sensible enough that strike is not the solution to the problems in the education sector.
You are just rambling without providing a viable root through which ASUU can channel their grievances to get a speedy solution, which ASUU has never used before...

I am waiting.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by slivertongue: 11:56am On Sep 23, 2022
TenQ:

After that the problems would be solved abi!?

1. FG signed agreement with ASUU in 2009
2. FG renegated on the agreement and renegotiated in 2014
3. FG renegated and then renegotiated the agreement in 2020

This is 2022, the same FG is crying wolf and people who do not understand are taking sides without looking at issues on ground.

Who has the blame!?

In the 1990s we suffered same in the believe that it was in our interest but after every strike they cash out after staying at home doing nothing. They continued like that till my contemporaries joined ASUU and are leading ASUU branches. At the time ASUU started the annual ritual there was no Tefund which has helped to provide infrastructure though not sufficient. The salary issue can be worked upon with continuous dialogue but a total shut down with harsh rhetorics is inhuman cos it's the students that are suffering. ASUU can't assume the role of employer and employee at the same time. Not all academic staff are in support of the combative nature of the teaching unions in the academic sector. Moreover most of the people against our caution to union are yet to see the draft 2009 agreement. That agreement is near dead on our arrival. So both govt and ASUU should find a common ground and allow students back to school. With due respect ASUU can't win this battle. Its the economy that should determine and the last time I checked the economy is weak as a result of mismanagement, declining revenue, population explosion and lack of focus.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by JJuanMiguel: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2022
NOwazobia:
You are just rambling without providing a viable root through which ASUU can channel their grievances to get a speedy solution, which ASUU has never used before...

I am waiting.
Only when Nigeria have good leaders will the education and other issues we are currently facing be resolved.
When you have the right people in the right places, then things will naturally get better just like we have it in progressive countries.
ASUU are fighting shadows here, i hope the court accept their appeal so it will drag on more and more till next year.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by gassbee: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
PeriodicTable:
Try and be current my friend. That lie is too big for you to carry. FG has not met one demand. Go and find out before you talk.
try n read up n update urself on d FG / ASUU issue, stop being an armed chair critic
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by NOwazobia: 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Only when Nigeria have good leaders will the education and other issues we are currently facing be resolved.
When you have the right people in the right places, then things will naturally get better just like we have it in progressive countries.
ASUU are fighting shadows here, i hope the court accept their appeal so it will drag on more and more till next year.
If I understand you well, ASUU should have waited until when we have good leaders before they start the fight even if it means the good leaders come in 50 years, no salary increase, deteriorating education system and facilities, unpaid allowances and IPPIS salary cut...

You only end up supporting ASUU's reason for going to strike...

Nowhere in the world do workers endure for years without crying irrespective of government, the reason we have labor unions spread across the globe.

I bet if someone comes to take your house you will allow him take it because he is simply violent and you can't stand that.

Then you wait until the man is dead after giving birth to a son that is good, even if it means this goodness comes in the tenth generation before you fight for your right.

You must have thought you will be living forever then.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by gassbee: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
NOwazobia:
This one is brain dead. Tueh!
see this unrepentant mutula
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by KaluwisxPRO: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
shortIGBOman:

You see. I kept telling whoever cares to listen that. All those that are supporting ASUU are IPOB terrorist.

We Nigerians are solidly behind FG. Fvck ASUU and their IPOB supporters.

The terrorists that chased Yoruba’s to Benin republic as refugees, why are you not concerned about that? Na Igbo people be your problem.

FYI, fully blooded Warri boy. You Yoruba’s are so dumb, anyone that doesn’t support your leaky leaky Yansh and slave master is IpOb, then I agree.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
michoim:
The idiots are politically motivated by opposition not to call off strike; but they will be disappointed in 2023 polls...
Why would say this wicked thing. If ASUU has ever gone on strike during the previous administration may your family be denied justice, may they never find favour before men and God
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Policy3: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
Fg should just sack the whole ASUU members and employ new ones
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by jmaine: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2022
gassbee:

The FG has done approximately 0%.....
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by JJuanMiguel: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2022
NOwazobia:
If I understand you well, ASUU should have waited until when we have good leaders before they start the fight even if it means the good leaders come in 50 years, no salary increase, deteriorating education system and facilities, unpaid allowances and IPPIS salary cut...

You only end up supporting ASUU's reason for going to strike...

Nowhere in the world do workers endure for years without crying irrespective of government, the reason we have labor unions spread across the globe.

I bet if someone comes to take your house you will allow him take it because he is simply violent and you can't stand that.

Then you wait until the man is dead after giving birth to a son that is good, even if it means this goodness comes in the tenth generation before you fight for your right.

You must have thought you will be living forever then.
Your analogy is quite funny.
To restore Nigeria is not ASUU's fight alone, and the process can start as early as next year, it all depends on when Nigerians are ready. A more sensible and holistic approach will be taken at the polls, that's a solution to many problems. Not going on incessant strike and plunging an already abysmal education sector into further ruins by demanding this and that.

If you think ASUU is "fighting" then you haven't been paying attention, they didnt have an opponent before when the strike started (But were wallowing in self deceit thinking they are fighting fg. I'm sure they must have thought the forthcoming election was a good leverage) , but along the line they've subconsciously created some enemies within their ranks and among the students and the general masses with this their habit of doing same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

It's been 7 months now, no results. The politicians have their kids and wards abroad, the strike have not even the slightest bit of effect on them.
Same way if the strike should linger on for 10 years, it won't affect the people ASUU think they are fighting.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by NOwazobia: 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Your analogy is quite funny.
To restore Nigeria is not ASUU's fight alone, and the process can start as early as next year, it all depends on when Nigerians are ready. A more sensible and holistic approach will be taken at the polls, that's a solution to many problems. Not going on incessant strike and plunging an already abysmal education sector into further ruins by demanding this and that.

If you think ASUU is "fighting" then you haven't been paying attention, they didnt have an opponent before when the strike started (But were wallowing in self deceit thinking they are fighting fg. I'm sure they must have thought the forthcoming election was a good leverage) , but along the line they've subconsciously created some enemies within their ranks and among the students and the general masses with this their habit of doing same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

It's been 7 months now, no results. The politicians have their kids and wards abroad, the strike has not even the slightest bit of effect on them.
Same way if the strike should linger on for 10 years, it won't affect the people ASUU think they are fighting.
ASUU is not fighting for Nigeria but the tertiary education sector.

I didn't bother reading the rest of your paragraphs because is your usual rhetoric that is not operating anywhere in the world.

I called it fantasy and it has never worked once in Nigeria except for protests and strikes.

You need to understand your country's men and use the necessary instruments instead of trying to be socially and ethically correct, while you are raped from all sides.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Benbellamor: 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

It will only lead to further delay, ASUU won't win even in the supreme court, dragging this issue further will only subject the lecturers to further financial woes.

Going to appeal that you don't want to go back to work after 7 months while also demanding to be paid for the 7 months absence is somehow.

By the way, if FG really want to engage in a witch hunt with ASUU, the reports that ASUU have not submitted their audit reports for five years running as required by the law is sufficient enough to suspend ASUU as a union.
you will hide your face in shame when ASUU win in appeal and supreme court
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by JJuanMiguel: 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
Benbellamor:
you will hide your face in shame when ASUU win in appeal and supreme court

No problem, i just hope the case will be given an accelerated hearing.
We will all learn one or two things from this saga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professors Oladiji, Ogunsola & Olatunji-Bello (Photo) / Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation / 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.