Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,181 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War (23911 Views)

Schools In 14 States, FCT Risk Attacks, Says FG / Strike: Some ASUU Demands Can’t Be Met Now, Says FG / ASUU Threatens To Go On Strike, Says FG Is Reluctant To Implement The 2019 Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Benbellamor: 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
NOwazobia:
ASUU is not fighting for Nigeria but the tertiary education sector.

I didn't bother reading the rest of your paragraphs because is your usual rhetoric that is not operating anywhere in the world.

I called it fantasy and it has never worked once in Nigeria except for protests and strikes.

You need to understand your country's men and use the necessary instruments instead of trying to be socially and ethically correct, while you are raped from all sides.
don't reply those demented urchins, its sick to share same country with such absurd backward thinking slaves...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by ThrustReverser(m): 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2022
VAWULENCE.
lol if ASUU should lose in court of appeal, they should go straight to supreme court. No time to waste. If they lose in supreme court as well, they should try the magistrate court, high court and any other court in Nigeria, even lawn tennis court and basketball court.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by TenQ: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
slivertongue:

In the 1990s we suffered same in the believe that it was in our interest but after every strike they cash out after staying at home doing nothing. They continued like that till my contemporaries joined ASUU and are leading ASUU branches. At the time ASUU started the annual ritual there was no Tefund which has helped to provide infrastructure though not sufficient. The salary issue can be worked upon with continuous dialogue but a total shut down with harsh rhetorics is inhuman cos it's the students that are suffering. ASUU can't assume the role of employer and employee at the same time. Not all academic staff are in support of the combative nature of the teaching unions in the academic sector. Moreover most of the people against our caution to union are yet to see the draft 2009 agreement. That agreement is near dead on our arrival. So both govt and ASUU should find a common ground and allow students back to school. With due respect ASUU can't win this battle. Its the economy that should determine and the last time I checked the economy is weak as a result of mismanagement, declining revenue, population explosion and lack of focus.
If the economy was bad, it certainly wasn't ASUU that destroyed it.

ASUU and NMA are the only two institutions I respect in this country. The problem with our government with these unions is that government know that they are impossible to bribe.

ASUU is fighting for their own right. Instead of the FG instigating meaningful dialogue with ASUU, they are trying to break ASUU. That is not common sense.

How can we convince ASUU that the nation is POOR when the way and manner out leaders spend Money on behalf of Nigeria is at best terrible. We are financing standard guage railroads to Niger Republic (which has no economic benefit to Nigeria).

Are you aware that all FG Research Centers in the country has been on a continuous strike since November 2021? I'm sure you don't know that!

Finally, the FG negotiators are the most stupid, ignorant and incompetent fellows this country has ever produced. Before you hang me, I'll ask a simple question:

What is the FG negotiating for with ASUU? (At least we know what ASUU want)

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by jmaine: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
Psalmistproject:

Even if they replace, any lecturer employed into the govt University has automatic membership to ASUU. They will also sit at home.

It's not automatic but voluntary

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Freebills12: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
fasho01:
If there's anyone declaring war, it's ASUU declaring war on the Nigerian students

Buhari Fundamentalist ....this is how they think. ASUU should not be paid and universities should not be equipped because your kinsmen Buhari is the president.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by magzey: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
So by now no more negotiations so far case is in court.
Too bad � undecided

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by magzey: 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Buhari Fundamentalist ....this is how they think. ASUU should not be paid and universities should not be equipped because your kinsmen Buhari is the president.
Even if you are ASUU member you should reason that some request have been granted and approved by the FG. even in your own house and yourself not all you wish could be achieved.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

The terrorists that chased Yoruba’s to Benin republic as refugees, why are you not concerned about that? Na Igbo people be your problem.

FYI, fully blooded Warri boy. You Yoruba’s are so dumb, anyone that doesn’t support your leaky leaky Yansh and slave master is IpOb, then I agree.

Emeka, as my comment pain you so. Collect this Rope and do the needful. grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
NOwazobia:

I am also a Nigerian, i am behind ASUU, fawk your demented papa on the sit of power, Ajaling allover the globe. undecided

IPOB, I sight you. cheesy

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Softmirror: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
GerogeI:

Strike is equivalent to resignation. The federal govt should employvnew staff if they can. Both Babangida and Abacha tried to and could not. You cannot replace Academics in bulk. Meanwhile while on strike, the best of the academics are leaving the country. When you finish with the strike, you will be left with the thirdclass products who went to upgrade with a masters degree.

HOW DO YOU MEAN BY THE BOLDED?
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Softmirror: 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2022
adebayo201:
ASUU, I'm with you on this.

If you want to grow a nation, invest heavily on the education. Let's hit this once and for all.
MOST OF YOU WHO TALK THIS WAY HAVE NOT TRAVELLED OUTSIDE NIGERIA TO FIRST WORLD COUNTRIES. IF YOU HAVE YOU WILL REALISE THAT THE EMPHASIS IS NEVER ON ACADEMICS AT ALL. INFACT ONLY VERY FEW CARE ABOUT HAVING A UNIVERSITY DEGREE. ONCE A CITIZEN IS ABLE TO READ AND WRITE, WHICH IS A MUST THAT A CITIZEN GOES TO WHAT WE CALL SECONDARY SCHOOL. HE OR SHE BECOME ENGAGED IN SELF DEVELOPMENT. HENCE FORTH. AM TALKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

IN NIGERIA, WHILE WE ARE SO HUNGRY AND EAGER TO ENROLL OUR KIDS TO SCHOOL EVEN BEFORE THE STOP BREASTFEEDING. IT IS NOT SO IN ALL THESE OYINBO COUNTRIES. NA WE CARRY ACADA FOR HEAD LIKE GALA.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by GerogeI(m): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2022
Softmirror:

HOW DO YOU MEAN BY THE BOLDED?

What Buhari is doing with Academics is a carryover from military era. At some point, both Babangida and Abacha tried to sack all Academic staff and recruit new people. They could not. Find out more about Prof. ASOBIE of ASUU.

Even if the govt. Breaks this current strike, it will be started again after a semester or session. There is no way the highest academic position will be earning less than 1000$ in a month and they are not under paid. A prof. Can't even afford plane tickets to attend an international conference in a month.

The best thing is to come to a reasonable solution that will placate both sides, or for long term privatize the federal universities to established NGOs and socio cultural and non profit organisation. And fund education through students loans as is done in sane climes.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by KaluwisxPRO: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Emeka, as my comment pain you so. Collect this Rope and do the needful. grin grin grin grin

You wish, Enjoy your delusions
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Softmirror: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2022
GerogeI:

What Buhari is doing with Academics is a carryover from military era. At some point, both Babangida and Abacha tried to sack all Academic staff and recruit new people. They could not. Find out more about Prof. ASOBIE of ASUU.

Even if the govt. Breaks this current strike, it will be started again after a semester or session.

The best thing is to come to a reasonable solution that will placate both sides, or for long term privatize the federal universities to established NGOs and socio cultural organisation. And fund education through students loans as is done in sane climes.

DURING THE ABACHA DAYS, HE DEALT WITH ASUU IN A MOST TACTICAL MANNER AND IT REALLY YIELDED BEAUTIFUL FRUITS. AN EXAMPLE WAS INSTALLING THE LATE NO NONSENSE SMART WORKAHOLIC MAMAN KOTANGORA AS THE VICE CHANCELLOR OF AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY. THE UNIVERSITY RAN ON A MOST EFFICIENT GROUND.

ASUU TO ME ARE A BUNCH OF EDUCATED ILLITERATES WHO CAN'T THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX TO GETTING THEIR SO CALLED PROBLEMS SOLVED. THE PROBLEMS ARE NEVER EVER THE GOVERNMENT, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN, A PROBLEM OF MISMANAGEMENT WITHIN THE CUSTODIANS OF THE EDUCATION, VICE CHANCELLORS, LECTURERS AND E.T.C. IT WILL ONLY BE FAIR IF THERE IS ANY TANGIBLE THING THEY CAN SHOW AS ACHIEVMENTS DESPITE THE LITTLE THEY GET.

THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOW. OUR UNIVERSITIES DOESN'T EVEN MAKE TRANSPARENT TO THE PUBLIC HOW WHAT THE GET FROM THE GOVERNMENT IS BEEN USED TO FUEL THE EDUCATION SYSTEM TO GROW. IT IS A FIGHT TO EMBEZZLE MONEY IN AN INSTITUTIONALIZED MANNER.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by GerogeI(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
Softmirror:

DURING THE ABACHA DAYS, HE DEALT WITH ASUU IN A MOST TACTICAL MANNER AND IT REALLY YIELDED BEAUTIFUL FRUITS. AN EXAMPLE WAS INSTALLING THE LATE NO NONSENSE SMART WORKAHOLIC MAMAN KOTANGORA AS THE VICE CHANCELLOR OF AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY. THE UNIVERSITY RAN ON A MOST EFFICIENT GROUND.

ASUU TO ME ARE A BUNCH OF EDUCATED ILLITERATES WHO CAN'T THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX TO GETTING THEIR SO CALLED PROBLEMS SOLVED. THE PROBLEMS ARE NEVER EVER THE GOVERNMENT, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN, A PROBLEM OF MISMANAGEMENT WITHIN THE CUSTODIANS OF THE EDUCATION, VICE CHANCELLORS, LECTURERS AND E.T.C. IT WILL ONLY BE FAIR IF THERE IS ANY TANGIBLE THING THEY CAN SHOW AS ACHIEVMENTS DESPITE THE LITTLE THEY GET.

THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOW. OUR UNIVERSITIES DOESN'T EVEN MAKE TRANSPARENT TO THE PUBLIC HOW WHAT THE GET FROM THE GOVERNMENT IS BEEN USED TO FUEL THE EDUCATION SYSTEM TO GROW. IT IS A FIGHT TO EMBEZZLE MONEY IN AN INSTITUTIONALIZED MANNER.

I would have agreed with you. Except you saying ASUU is the problem. No, the problem is over centralization, as is with most things in the country. Nigeria has outgrown the stage where Federal Govt. Is craddling tertiary education.

Yes, Govt. Needs to sponsor, subsidize, and support education. But they need to do it indirectly, through grants, matching funds for research and students loan.

University funding are not transparent because they are being managed by politicians. All VC are installed by politicians, who indirectly embezzle the funds that ASUU got from strikes. I still remeber the case a university, when govt. released funds for rehabilitation of school after ASUU strike, the VC used the money to paint everything on campus greenwhite green. How does that add value to learning or is it just for accounting purpose. Do you blame ASUU for what Govt. Appointees do with University funds.

More recently, you have the accountant general taking charge of salaries via IPPIS, paying salaries directly and taking away ghost workers from VC. VCs started making money by selling lecturing jobs for N2.5m. They no longer report retiring people, they just sell the position. If You pay you get your appointment letter. So how can government afford to pay good salary, when the workforce is bloated with many unqualified idle staff. But do you blame ASUU for employment sold by VCs, a govt. Appointee. The VC is not answerable to any one. The people at Abuja are too busy to care what they are doing with funds.

ASUU members are merely workers, do you blame them for demanding a reasonable reward for their work?

The right thing is the each University should be run like a private organisation, with cost and benefit balance. Their funding should come from students, the students who pay the lecturers should be the one determing the level of performance they desire from schools. The Govt. Should simply divert the billions used in funding universities into easy student loans. Each university will then compete in attracting both students and lecturers, they will increase fees, but if your fee does not match your training, students will transfer to other reasonable schools. That will end ASUU strike once and for all. Lecturers will negotiate their salaries individually with their employers, based on the academic and research worth to the university.
You can't pay a lecture that sits in class room same thing as a lecturer that attracts annual research grant of 100m from private sector.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by DEOI: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
both the student and ASUU stand up against the FG cause they are both affected in this case and FG is the root of their problem
And for those tell lecturers to resign if they can't work without pay just know that the newly employed one will also go on strike when they don't receive their pay
So it's better for this to be settled once and for all
Education in this country should be the top priority before anything else
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Softmirror: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
GerogeI:

I would have agreed with you. Except you saying ASUU is the problem. No, the problem is over centralization, as is with most things in the country. Nigeria has outgrown the stage where Federal Govt. Is craddling tertiary education.

Yes, Govt. Needs to sponsor, subsidize, and support education. But they need to do it indirectly, through grants, matching funds for research and students loan.

University funding ate not transparent because they are being managed by politicians. All VC are installed by politicians, who indirectly embezzle the funds that ASUU got from strikes. I still remeber the case of UNN, when govt. released funds for rehabilitation of school after ASUU strike, the VC used the money to paint everything on campus greenwhite green. Thats a pointer to possible fraud. Do you blame ASUU for what Govt. Appointees do with University funds.

More recently, you have the accountant general taking charge of salaries via IPPIS, paying salaries directly and taking away ghost workers from VC. VCs started making money by selling lecturing jobs for N2.5m. They no longer report retiring people, they just sell the position. If You pay you get your appointment letter. So how can government afford to pay good salary, when the workforce is bloated with many unqualified idle staff. But do you blame ASUU for employment sold by VCs, a govt. Appointee. The VC is not answerable to any one. The people at Abuja are to busy to care what they are doing with funds.

ASUU members are merely workers, do you blame them for demanding a reasonable reward for their work?

The right thing is the each University should be run like a private organisation, with cost and benefit balance. Their funding should come from students, the students who pay the lecturers should be the one determing the level of performance they desire from schools. The Govt. Should simply divert the billions used in funfing universities into easy student loans. Each university will then compete in attracting both students and lecturers, they will increase fees, but if your fee does not match your training, students will transfer to other reasonable schools. That will end ASUU strike once and for all. Lecturers will negotiate their salaries individually with their employers, based on the academic and research worth to the university.
You can't pay a lecture that sits in class room same thing as a lecturer that attraxts annual research grant of 100m from private sector.

THE WHOLE ASUU PROBLEM IS AN IN HOUSE PROBLEM. LET ME USE A DIVERGENT PERSPECTIVE TO ILLUSTRATE MY POINT.
JAMB IS AN IMPORTANT SECTOR IN OUR EDUCATION INSTITUTION. THIS ILLUSTRATION BOILS DOWN TO HONEST LEADERSHIP VERSUS DISHONEST LEADERSHIP.

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by DEOI: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2022
They should resign and look for a better paying job in this country?
That means the rate of unemployment will shoot up ×100
The unemployed ones never see work you want make lecturers join them.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by adebayo201: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
Softmirror:

MOST OF YOU WHO TALK THIS WAY HAVE NOT TRAVELLED OUTSIDE NIGERIA TO FIRST WORLD COUNTRIES. IF YOU HAVE YOU WILL REALISE THAT THE EMPHASIS IS NEVER ON ACADEMICS AT ALL. INFACT ONLY VERY FEW, CARE ABOUT HAVING A UNIVERSITY DEGREE. ONCE A CITIZEN IS ABLE TO READ AND WRITE, WHICH IS A MUST THAT A CITIZEN GOES TO WHAT WE CALL SECONDARY SCHOOL. HE OR SHE BECOME ENGAGED IN SELF DEVELOPMENT. HENCE FORTH. AM TALKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

IN NIGERIA, WHILE WE ARE SO HUNGRY AND EAGER TO ENROLL OUR KIDS TO SCHOOL EVEN BEFORE THE STOP BREASTFEEDIN. IT IS NOT SO IN ALL THESE OYINBO COUNTRIES. NA WE CARRY ACADA FOR HEAD LIKE GALA.

You try.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by BeanmanX(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
I will deal with you on this forum.
see your ugly ashawo face
Why are u always aggressive satanist?...try to be civil and responsible for once..
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by HolyPussy: 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Your analogy is quite funny.
To restore Nigeria is not ASUU's fight alone, and the process can start as early as next year, it all depends on when Nigerians are ready. A more sensible and holistic approach will be taken at the polls, that's a solution to many problems. Not going on incessant strike and plunging an already abysmal education sector into further ruins by demanding this and that.

If you think ASUU is "fighting" then you haven't been paying attention, they didnt have an opponent before when the strike started (But were wallowing in self deceit thinking they are fighting fg. I'm sure they must have thought the forthcoming election was a good leverage) , but along the line they've subconsciously created some enemies within their ranks and among the students and the general masses with this their habit of doing same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

It's been 7 months now, no results. The politicians have their kids and wards abroad, the strike have not even the slightest bit of effect on them.
Same way if the strike should linger on for 10 years, it won't affect the people ASUU think they are fighting.

You deserve an award for saying this.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by HolyPussy: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2022
slivertongue:
In the 1990s we suffered same in the believe that it was in our interest but after every strike they cash out after staying at home doing nothing. They continued like that till my contemporaries joined ASUU and are leading ASUU branches. At the time ASUU started the annual ritual there was no Tefund which has helped to provide infrastructure though not sufficient. The salary issue can be worked upon with continuous dialogue but a total shut down with harsh rhetorics is inhuman cos it's the students that are suffering. ASUU can't assume the role of employer and employee at the same time. Not all academic staff are in support of the combative nature of the teaching unions in the academic sector. Moreover most of the people against our caution to union are yet to see the draft 2009 agreement. That agreement is near dead on our arrival. So both govt and ASUU should find a common ground and allow students back to school. With due respect ASUU can't win this battle. Its the economy that should determine and the last time I checked the economy is weak as a result of mismanagement, declining revenue, population explosion and lack of focus.

You also deserve an award for saying this.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by slivertongue: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
TenQ:

If the economy was bad, it certainly wasn't ASUU that destroyed it.

ASUU and NMA are the only two institutions I respect in this country. The problem with our government with these unions is that government know that they are impossible to bribe.

ASUU is fighting for their own right. Instead of the FG instigating meaningful dialogue with ASUU, they are trying to break ASUU. That is not common sense.

How can we convince ASUU that the nation is POOR when the way and manner out leaders spend Money on behalf of Nigeria is at best terrible. We are financing standard guage railroads to Niger Republic (which has no economic benefit to Nigeria).

Are you aware that all FG Research Centers in the country has been on a continuous strike since November 2021? I'm sure you don't know that!

Finally, the FG negotiators are the most stupid, ignorant and incompetent fellows this country has ever produced. Before you hang me, I'll ask a simple question:

What is the FG negotiating for with ASUU? (At least we know what ASUU want)

Hang you? Haba!!!

My initial take was that I have lost sympathy for ASUU meaning I understand their plight but endless strike has done more damage than yield serious gains especially on the downtrodden. They need to rethink the strike strategy because govt doesn't care much. Education is gradually moving from free education to affordable education. ASUU should agree to STUDENTS LOANS BANK, it should replace Tefund. Schools should charge fees from there pay and develop infrastructure as done in most developed climes. I see Buhari as being incompetent but he is not responsible for the brohaha in our tertiary and research institutions. His indifference and incompetence only added to quagmire. Govt keep signing what it knows it can't and won't fulfill. If it signs another agreement it won't be honored by future govt and the crisis will continue. I may not currently be a student but my wards are at the receiving end so also myself who is a govt on my own providing what govt should provide. Govt is out to waste unions time then find a justification for introduction of tuition fees. I come in peace.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by TenQ: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
slivertongue:

Hang you? Haba!!!

My initial take was that I have lost sympathy for ASUU meaning I understand their plight but endless strike has done more damage than yield serious gains especially on the downtrodden. They need to rethink the strike strategy because govt doesn't care much. Education is gradually moving from free education to affordable education. ASUU should agree to STUDENTS LOANS BANK, it should replace Tefund. Schools should charge fees from there pay and develop infrastructure as done in most developed climes. I see Buhari as being incompetent but he is not responsible for the brohaha in our tertiary and research institutions. His indifference and incompetence only added to quagmire. Govt keep signing what it knows it can't and won't fulfill. If it signs another agreement it won't be honored by future govt and the crisis will continue. I may not currently be a student but my wards are at the receiving end so also myself who is a govt on my own providing what govt should provide. Govt is out to waste unions time then find a justification for introduction of tuition fees. I come in peace.
I understand you bro!

However, what would have been the best alternative to a strike by an aggrieved trade union in Nigeria.

It seems that the government DO NOT listen to ANYONE or ANY UNION for anything.

I wish the government was responsive, all these brouhaha would not have been necessary.

If the government could sack all the university lecturers and replace them immediately, they would have done so.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Tgb1: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2022
Really
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by wealthgoddess: 1:14am On Sep 24, 2022
GerogeI:

Are you serious. If you were given a test process that lasted 3 whole years or more, and you performed with third class. My brother, the probability that you are not academically smart is more than 70%.
Ben Carson, Albert Einstein, leonardo da Vinci, the list goes on. These are exceptionally smart people with very high intelligence Q. That performed woefully in their academics at the start of their career. Leonardo especially was never able to write the alphabet correctly!

And Ben Carson after all his failures in school and barely made it through medical college still became the first physician in the world to perform hemisphrectomy and a few other novel surgeries which till today, cannot be performed in any African hospitals! (Except South Africa)
Your percentile guess is wrong. One study found that only 10% of college failures are not academically bright. The study concluded that the figure could be lower (Google the references pls)
The fact that you do not know that geniuses suffer in the Nigerian Academic system says alot about your own I.Q. Just in case you are a lecturer or an aspiring one, walking around with this sort of orientation is dangerous for you and the students in your care. Please unlearn and relearn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Jman06(m): 7:49am On Sep 25, 2022
wealthgoddess:

Ben Carson, Albert Einstein, leonardo da Vinci, the list goes on. These are exceptionally smart people with very high intelligence Q. That performed woefully in their academics at the start of their career. Leonardo especially was never able to write the alphabet correctly!

And Ben Carson after all his failures in school and barely made it through medical college still became the first physician in the world to perform hemisphrectomy and a few other novel surgeries which till today, cannot be performed in any African hospitals! (Except South Africa)
Your percentile guess is wrong. One study found that only 10% of college failures are not academically bright. The study concluded that the figure could be lower (Google the references pls)
The fact that you do not know that geniuses suffer in the Nigerian Academic system says alot about your own I.Q. Just in case you are a lecturer or an aspiring one, walking around with this sort of orientation is dangerous for you and the students in your care. Please unlearn and relearn.
You're very correct my brother. Rote learning is what's practiced in the Nigerian system and any student who tries to deviate from that mode to real learning is usually caught in the web of average. The reason is because it is difficult to be at the same pace with the Nigerian rote learning pattern if one tries to deviate.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by wealthgoddess: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2022
Jman06:
You're very correct my brother. Rote learning is what's practiced in the Nigerian system and any student who tries to deviate from that mode to real learning is usually caught in the web of average. The reason is because it is difficult to be at the same pace with the Nigerian rote learning pattern if one tries to deviate.
Exactly sir! Sometimes back I gave a microbiology student of the University of Ilorin a ride. He was down and felt somewhat sad. I asked him about his woes and he told me his supervisor is insisting that that his project will be based on "Microbial flora of swimming pool" (Imagine the boring topic?) Still I asked him why he does not want the topic, his answer amazes me!
Not only has the topic been repeated consecutively for the past eight years or so! the students said students are basically told to copy formats from projects of previous students. This student however claimed to be working on the idea of building logic gates (the basic components of computer processors) with microbes! why? he said environmentally friendly biodegradable electronics. how novel!
unfortunately his ideas sounded far fetched to them and he was constrained to avoiding it.
Some one year later I found this kid within the campus, still with the yellow tag. If he did his project last year, he should have graduated. It turned out he spilled! He went through with his idea but his lecturers never acknowledged it. they call it farce and failed him.
I decided to make some research on his project and discovered top scientists around the world are beginning to work on it!
That is the problem! Smart kids are failed. The dumb ones clearly copying from old projects are passed. Nigerian lecturers seem to always catch up late. They do not create new ideas, they prefer to only work with ideas that have already been established in the west. There are still a few innovative lecturers and professors though.
Americans do not use the honors system...there has to be a reason for it. Their universities are always among the top 50 in the world. They occupy more than 50% of the first 50 or first hundred. Aiish...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Jman06(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Any lawyer that grants ASUU stay of execution on that NICN decision should be seen as an enemy of the Nigerian students. It'll take a very heartless lawyer to grant such request given the sound reasons by the learned lawyers of the NICN for the judgement.

We all know that the government of the day is bad, but ASUU is becoming too anti public education for a people that claim to be fighting for a better university system.

I'm sure the appeal court justices understand that it is not in the best interest of the nation for ASUU to continue in their egoistic contest with government... dismiss the godammn appeal and refer them back to the NICN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by phineas: 1:10am On Sep 29, 2022
Benbellamor:
your demented thinking stinks
Let's school you o
Even if ASUU lost appeal they will appeal to the supreme Court... And file for Stay of execution of judgement.... No arrest can be made No contempt... Olodo

How is this going for you all now?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by phineas: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2022
wealthgoddess:

Exactly sir! Sometimes back I gave a microbiology student of the University of Ilorin a ride. He was down and felt somewhat sad. I asked him about his woes and he told me his supervisor is insisting that that his project will be based on "Microbial flora of swimming pool" (Imagine the boring topic?) Still I asked him why he does not want the topic, his answer amazes me!
Not only has the topic been repeated consecutively for the past eight years or so! the students said students are basically told to copy formats from projects of previous students. This student however claimed to be working on the idea of building logic gates (the basic components of computer processors) with microbes! why? he said environmentally friendly biodegradable electronics. how novel!
unfortunately his ideas sounded far fetched to them and he was constrained to avoiding it.
Some one year later I found this kid within the campus, still with the yellow tag. If he did his project last year, he should have graduated. It turned out he spilled! He went through with his idea but his lecturers never acknowledged it. they call it farce and failed him.
I decided to make some research on his project and discovered top scientists around the world are beginning to work on it!
That is the problem! Smart kids are failed. The dumb ones clearly copying from old projects are passed. Nigerian lecturers seem to always catch up late. They do not create new ideas, they prefer to only work with ideas that have already been established in the west. There are still a few innovative lecturers and professors though.
Americans do not use the honors system...there has to be a reason for it. Their universities are always among the top 50 in the world. They occupy more than 50% of the first 50 or first hundred. Aiish...

This is the problem with Nigerian higher institutions.Their lecturers are abusers of various sorts.The strike is a form of abuse as well,They have absolutely no regard for their victims and the country.

Before anyone say its a fight for quality of education, I will still answer back TETFUND. ASUU should make TETFUND whatever it wants to achieve its solutions.

At a time in this country, TETFUND research money was been returned due to insufficient eligible applications.Some discussions were even ongoing to repurpose some parts of the fund due to its low level of use.

Where was ASUUs voice in all of that? ASUU was on strike. For money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Mammangaddafi(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2022
Abeg any idea when court to answer these people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professors Oladiji, Ogunsola & Olatunji-Bello (Photo) / Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation / 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.