Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? (1271 Views)

WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. / Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses / Elendu Reports - Cutting Edge Investigative Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by dempeople(m): 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2011
Barely three months into his tenure, Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has flagged off his 2015 presidential campaign.

A reliable source confided in Pointblanknews.com that he is sponsoring a delegation of Igbozurumee, a socio-

cultural organization to water the ground for him preparatory to the time it would be right for him to publicly declare.

Already, a 25-man delegation of Igbozurumee comprising its National President, Brigadier-Col. Joe Achuzia (retd) and Cletus Amaraegbu, an engineer and special assistant to the governor on Igbo Affairs is billed to tour some countries of the world to sensitize and raise funds for him for the presidential campaign.

The delegation is billed to undertake a week-long tour of Finland starting from August 27, 2011.

The delegation would thereafter tour China and United States as well as other countries before the years runs out. Our source disclosed that Gov. Okorocha is picking the bills for the tours.

Okorocha had contested the presidential race twice. He first ran for the ticket of All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP) in 2003, but lost to Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd). He again vied for the ticket of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and lost to late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua in 2007.

During the 2011 gubernatorial election campaigns, Okorocha never minced words that his eyes were on the big prize. At the political debate organized by the Catholic Church, he told Imo people that he was condescending to vie for the governorship seat.

Henchmen of his Rescue Mission have also not hidden the interest of their principal in the presidential throne of the country. They have always told whoever cared to listen that Okorocha is the only Igbo alive today who is acceptable across the Niger.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5378.html
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by OmoLisabi(m): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2011
Ibo people no dey think before they act.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by jamace(m): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2011
Haa! shocked People should let this man be o. I see hope of him improving the lots of his state.angry
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2011
thrash journalism

OmoLisabi:

Ibo people no dey think before they act.
do you think before you post a comment?
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by EkoIle1: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2011
This okoro man is fast becoming a joke,
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by Abagworo(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

Not unexpected from your type.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by houvest: 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2011
Good to start early as long as he is not distracted from his governance of Imo. The truth is it is the later that will pave way for the former so he dares not compromise the later for the former.Of course he knows that already.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by Pukkah: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2011
It's not a crime to be ambitious. I expect that this should encourage him to perform in Imo which in fact would become one of the bases to assess his capacity/ability.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by Dede1(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

Do you think everybody is a comical joker such as Yoruba man Fashola, Olodo?
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by playmode(m): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2011
HAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, I hope this not true because if it is,this guy is really silly.He has not even achieved anything of repute in his state he is already campaigning to be president.I agree with the posters above.This okoro man dey kolo for real!
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by PointB: 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2011
playmode:

HAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, I hope this not true because if it is,this guy is really silly.He has not even achieved any of repute in his state he is already campaigning to be president.I agree with the posters above.This okoro man dey kolo for real!

I strongly disagree. Can you clearly define what 'achieving something' means? Besides, when did serving as state governor become the yardstick for lunching a presidential ambition? You will agree with me, that Nigeria has many capable men who do not necessarily need to serve as state governor, let alone achieve anything of repute in their state before aspiring for presidency (Patrick Utomi readily comes to mind here). Please let's cut the guy some slacks. Everyone has their ways of doing things, that you dont understand his methods does not make it wrong.

I will rate him at the end.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by ezeagu(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2011
It's a good day when Eko Ile is pissed. Means the south east is doing something right.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by playmode(m): 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2011
PointB:

I strongly disagree. Can you clearly define what 'achieving something' means? Besides, when did serving as state governor become the yardstick for lunching a presidential ambition? You will agree with me, that Nigeria has many capable men who do not necessarily need to serve as state governor, let alone achieve anything of repute in their state before aspiring for presidency (Patrick Utomi readily comes to mind here). Please let's cut the guy some slacks. Everyone has their ways of doing things, that you dont understand his methods does not make it wrong.

I will rate him at the end.

Common, any sensible individual in Okorocha's shoes will first of all want to make the people happy before campaigning.Yes there are a few people who campaign for the presidency without ever serving in a public office before but this is a newly elected Governor.It seems he has got his priorities misplaced.He is not even a Governor for 6 months yet and he wants to devote his energy elsewhere.He was elected governor a few months ago and he should focus on the state for now.Campaigning for the presidency at this time will divert his attention and affect his state negatively.

The guy in my personal opinion can't be trusted,he behaves like a skilled conman.Appointing 50 aides and all just seems like a very "dumb" move and a waste of the states resources in IMO.Time will tell but my guts tells me that Okrocha is just playing the fool now so he can get his hands on the presidency where he will loot like nobody's business.It not difficult to spot a selfless leader and one with a hidden agenda.Him campaigning for the presidency just shows that he is not interested in being a Governor but will rather prefer to be a president.He did not become a Governor so he can serve the state,he became a governor so he can use the resources at his disposal as a governor to promote his presidential agenda.

Don't wait till the end of their tenure before you criticize dodgy politicians,in a morally upright society the media and the citizens of the state would have been critizing him by now and telling to first of focus on his immediate responsibilities as Governpor and leave the presidential campaign for later.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by EkoIle1: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2011
ezeagu:

It's a good day when Eko Ile is pissed. Means the south east is doing something right.

Don't be silly. Do you people ever use your brains?

What's so right about the man not knowing anything abou his primary duties, job discription and what the people of imo voted for him to do on their behalf as their governor?

Did they sent him to the state house to be their governor or the president of nigeria? This is nothing but the typical ibo syndrom.

Just like zik, he left his primary obligation and spent the peoples time runing around calling himself zik of whaever nonsense you people call him. He end up not achieving anything because distration, lack of sense of obligation and direction.

Sounds like the people of imo voted for another distracted loser.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by aljharem3: 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2011
LOL grin grin grin grin

Ok first of all , it is good to be ambitious but in this case it is clear the man is a fraud

1. he tried to be the president twice in 2003 and 2007, when he saw that he is not getting it, he then opt out to go for gubernatorial which he won. a way of stealling all the money he lost LOL grin

2. Going for presidential seat after 3 months in power is totally shocking shocked shocked what has he done for the good people of Imo state before going for the post. Isn't it funny how this politicians use our brains and yet u are seeing others saying it is a good move just to support there kinsmen instead of looking at it from a clear point of view.

3. He is a fraud because all the sharing of money, kerosene chief comedian of the state, etc are all a way to get to the people before he drops the bombshell of presidency.

My brothers and sisters, this are the question we are meant to be asking ourselves

1. HOW MANY JOBS HAS HE CREATED FOR THE YOUTHS IN IMO STATE

2. HOW MANY HOSPITALS HAS HE BUILT OR REFURBISHED FOR IMO STATE not putting plaster on urself and pretending

3. HOW MAY ROAD HAS HE CONSTRUCTED

ETC

nOW HE HAS BARLY used 3 months and could not have done all that which I understand but rather than concentrate on the job at hand he is business with presidential seat.

people should be watching this man carefully and how newspapers like odili news and sun newspaper would want to sell us cheap propaganda that he is transforming Imo state
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by ezeagu(m): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2011
A good day indeed.
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by EkoIle1: 12:09am On Aug 15, 2011
A good day for another non achieving incompetent fraud indeed
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by PointB: 12:32am On Aug 15, 2011
@ Alh Harem, and Playmode

Rochas is trusted by the people of south-east. Look for your con-men around you. Rochas is upright, fair and just character. He has human face, and at the same time he is ready to step on toe. Your attempt at character assassination and campaign of calumny based on this unfounded report is very opportunistic, malicious, and childish.

Grow up you closet bigots!
Re: Okorocha Flags-off Presidential Campaign - Investigative Journalism Or Trash? by ezeagu(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
If you didn't reply I would have thought my mission failed, but you've fell for my trollolololol. grin

(1) (Reply)

Who, Really, Is The Most Powerful Person In Nigeria? / Buhari And Bakare Turned Dramatist / Ojukwu Gone, So Is Biafra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.