Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses (3331 Views)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? / PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by aloyemeka1: 3:26am On Apr 15, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
[size=14pt]Business mogul, Arthur Eze, acquires presidential jet[/size]

Oyetunji Abioye

A prominent politician and oil mogul, Prince Arthur Eze, has bought one of the jets in the Presidential Air Fleet through auction.

advertisement

Investigation by our correspondent revealed that Eze was one of the successful bidders for the three aircraft in the PAF in December 2010.

The Federal Government had through the Office of the National Security Adviser put up the three jets for sale through an invitation to tender, which was advertised in the Federal Government's Tenders in Nigeria Journal.

The jets are a Hawker 125-800, Falcon 900B and Gulfstream IV.

Our correspondent learnt that the conclusion of the sale might not be unconnected with the recent acquisition of three new aircraft for the PAF by the Federal Government.

Sources close to the Presidency told our correspondent that Eze acquired one of the three jets at the conclusion of the sales in February.

A source at the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority confirmed that Eze had purchased one of the aircraft, which was identified as the 14-seater Gulfstream IV, which also has capacity for three crew executive members.

The jet, which carried the registration number, 5N-FGP, has already been converted to a civil aircraft with a new registration number by the new owner.

According to the NCAA source, the new registration number given to the aircraft by the regulatory agency is 5N-FZE.

Sources at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, confirmed seeing the jet with the new registration number.

Details of those who bought the other two jets have yet to be known.

When our correspondent put a call through to a United States' line, which was said to belong to the business mogul, a man who identified himself as Prince Arthur Eze confirmed the development.

Eze is the Chairman and Chief Exectutive Officer, Atlas Oranto Petroleum International Limited. According to information obtained from the Internet, Eze founded and incorporated the company in 1991 and 1993, respectively.

AOPI is a wholly Nigerian oil exploration and production company and an active operator of 14 oil blocks in the West African sub-region, including OML 109 and OPL 320 in Nigeria.

Three weeks ago, one of the three new presidential jets ordered by the Federal Government last year, arrived the country.

The jet, a Falcon 7X, arrived the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja from France.

The aircraft, which was manufactured by Dassault Aviation of France, cost the government $51m (about N7.65bn.)

The Federal Executive Council had on August 12, 2010 approved $102m for the purchase of two Falcon 7x and $53.3m for one Gulfstream G550 aircraft to beef up the PAF.

It was gathered that the two remaining aircraft would arrive the country during the second quarter of the year.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/14/824.html
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by jason123: 3:51am On Apr 15, 2011
I thought people said it's only Hausas and Yorubas that like oil? I guess Igbos like Oil too . . . grin grin grin
EVERY GROUP IN THE SO-CALLED WAZOBIA LIKES THE OIL FROM THE ND.
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by Chyz2: 4:10am On Apr 15, 2011
jason123:

I thought people said it's only Hausas and Yorubas that like oil? I guess Igbos like Oil too . . . grin grin grin
EVERY GROUP IN THE SO-CALLED WAZOBIA LIKES THE OIL FROM THE ND.

Igbos don't like oil as much as you like hopping on Igbo dyck. grin
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by jason123: 4:17am On Apr 15, 2011
Chyz*:

Igbos don't like oil as much as you like hopping on Igbo dyck. grin

LOL. Welcome back bro. smiley
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by Chyz2: 4:18am On Apr 15, 2011
jason123:

fck u
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by AljUche: 4:20am On Apr 15, 2011
jason123:

Chyz*:

fck u
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 craze men grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by jason123: 4:20am On Apr 15, 2011
Chyz*:

fck u

Suck my d1ck you Igbo cun.t!!! grin
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by aloyemeka1: 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2011
[img]http://2.bp..com/-8vHu8M9T6uA/TbKcnPuEwhI/AAAAAAAACZ4/xl5RvDQRoiQ/s1600/pix200712287143343.jpg[/img]
Billionaire business Mogul, Engr Arthur Eze.

He looks cool for a 70 year oldĀ  tho, I thought he will be fat and ugly.
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by Olivebranches(m): 1:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
@aloy/emeka-
you started this thread with a wrong headline. Did you read the news article you pasted here? Presidency bought new jets, so old ones have to be sold. Simple!
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by BabaEleko(m): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Booked. I dey come make I go wear my Halloween costume.
Re: Jonathan Is Selling Off Presidential Jets In Case He Loses by pullyacap: 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
aloy/emeka:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-8vHu8M9T6uA/TbKcnPuEwhI/AAAAAAAACZ4/xl5RvDQRoiQ/s1600/pix200712287143343.jpg[/img]
Billionaire business Mogul, Engr Arthur Eze.

He looks cool for a 70 year oldĀ  tho, I thought he will be fat and ugly.

OP the picture above is not that of Chief Arthur Eze

That is Dr Ransome Owan Former DG of Nigeria Electric Regulation Commission!!!

(1) (Reply)

Declare State Of Emergency In Borno Says Igbo Elders / Nigeria Ranks 40th In Quality Of Governance In Oil And Gas / Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.