Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? (21607 Views)

Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo / Gov Suswam,terhemen Tarzoor Spotted With V.P Namadi Sambo In Gambia / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by ak47mann(m): 5:49am On Aug 15, 2011
Hahahah cheesy am loving it and we still breeding planting igbo seeds in the whole northern nigeria all the way to SW/SS and middle belt tongue tongue
[b]IGBO MAN,LOW SPERM COUNT NO BE OUR PROBLEM EVEN IF THE WOMAN IS BARRING I SHOT IT DON ENTER tongue tongue
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tpia5: 5:52am On Aug 15, 2011
IG:

@tpia, there are many synonyms for Muhammad but I don't think Muammar is one of them. Others you can find across different ethnicities in Nigeria are Mommodu, Mamadi, Mamman, Bomoi, Modu, Momo etc. There are other Muslim names with local synonyms for example Bukar, Garba, Abatcha, Habu all mean Abubakar. What Southerners do not understand is that the North was never about ethnicity but about the various multi-ethnic nations that made up the pre-colonial empires. That is why even today it's easy for settlers to be assimilated over time in many parts of the North. And don't forget, there is more about the North than just Hausas and Fulanis.

muammar = momoh.

if you pronounce muhammed as moh hoh moh, the pronounciation will turn to muammar or momoh after a while.

depending on dialectal variation.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tpia5: 5:55am On Aug 15, 2011
IG:

What Southerners do not understand is that the North was never about ethnicity but about the various multi-ethnic nations that made up the pre-colonial empires.

this is quite correct.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by lagcity(m): 5:56am On Aug 15, 2011
ak47mann:

Hahahah cheesy am loving it and we still breeding planting igbo seeds in the whole northern nigeria all the way to SW/SS and middle belt tongue tongue
[b]IGBO MAN,LOW Fluid COUNT NO BE OUR PROBLEM EVEN IF THE WOMAN IS BARRING I SHOT IT DON ENTER tongue tongue

are u well at all? we are talking abt VP and u r talking abt shooting sperm. this is sign that u haven't gotten any in ages cheesy c'mon don't deny it.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by ak47mann(m): 6:06am On Aug 15, 2011
lagcity:

are u well at all? we are talking abt VP and u r talking abt shooting Fluid. this is sign that u haven't gotten any in ages cheesy c'mon don't deny it.
cheesy So are you trying to see if i carry conji like you? cheesy sorry i get 4 girl friends and i love all of them equally tongue
@ bolded well what can i say right now i got my beautiful mix race girl on my bed sleeping  grin after so much banging tongue tongue so mr, KONJI  never my thing  angry
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by IG: 6:17am On Aug 15, 2011
lagcity:

yeaaa! another bombshell. which one be dis again? do u have some explanation or proof of this?
Nguru local government area of Yobe state where Hamza Al-Mustapha hails from is home to many indigeneous Yoruba people, many of whom settled with the coming of the railway. The same story with Nasir El-Rufai in Zaria. Go to Hausari, the main Hausa neighbourhood in Maiduguri, you'll find out that many of the people one assumes to be Hausa are actually Yoruba. Most of them can still speak the language but culturally they are as Hausa as the average Kano man, especially the kola nut merchant families. I've gone to school with some of them, everybody knows their ethnicity but they are full indigenes now with Maiduguri indigene certificates. The VC of Yobe state university is 100% indigene of Yobe state but is also a Yoruba man whose surname is Alabi. My point is that the North have evolved past the tribal identity thing a long time ago, these things are only raised when they can score political points.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 15, 2011
My people have suffered!!! They must be the "peaceful" part of Hausaland tongue
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by IG: 6:24am On Aug 15, 2011
tpia@:

muammar = momoh.

if you pronounce muhammed as moh hoh moh, the pronounciation will turn to muammar or momoh after a while.

depending on dialectal variation.
Nope, Muammar is derived from the word Amr and so is the name Amir. Muammar is an Arabic name that has not been indeginized by any Nigerian ethnic group that I know. Please let's not start a debate here.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by lagcity(m): 6:26am On Aug 15, 2011
ak47mann:

cheesy So are you trying to see if i carry conji like you? cheesy sorry i get 4 girl friends and i love all of them equally tongue
@ bolded well what can i say right now i got my beautiful mix race girl on my bed sleeping grin after so much banging tongue tongue so mr, KONJI never my thing angry

which one be Konji again?
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by ak47mann(m): 6:31am On Aug 15, 2011
lagcity:

which one be Konji again?
you wan make i tell you wetin konji be again cheesy but na konji you dey suffer from naah, okay carry ur hand grab ur balls see how heavy the thing be NA KONJI BE DAT angry
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by member479760: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2011
we not gonna gain anything from all the tribal stuffs, we all nega, we need development which is our common goal.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by mamdanju: 7:04am On Aug 15, 2011
Namadi is a hausa man. A hausa person is not just the one that has a father that is hausa but also those who lived in hausaland for a long time, married and got assimilated with the hausa people (See - <http://openlibrary.org/works/OL5980021W/The_Hausa_in_Lokoja_%281860-1966%29> . In this regards, the hausas are the most tolerant tribes ever. so it does not matter whether Namadi is originally an Ibo, Yoruba or Edo.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Limaoscar: 7:08am On Aug 15, 2011
Chief Awolowo was actually igbo and married Chief HID Awolowo an Igbo-delta shocked

Infact news reaching now indicates that Nelson Mandela is Igbo. He suffered for the SAs for nothing. Let him come back home to Aba Jor, make him no dey there come quench for another man land cheesy
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by IG: 7:15am On Aug 15, 2011
I think there is nothing wrong with knowing our roots. It's discrimination that is bad. And I believe we are fast outgrowing petty ethnic based discrimination in our national lives, at least I can speak for the North. For example everybody in Kano knows that Shekaurau has his origins in Borno yet they voted for him twice as governor. Muhammad Abatcha also has Borno origin and is very visible in his surname yet he contested for Kano governorship. The member representing Maiduguri metropolitan council in Borno is also a Yobe man while one of the house of reps members from Potiskum in Yobe state is from Borno. The Borno state PDP chairman is Hausa, we all know that originally there were no indigeneous Hausas in the whole North-East. Kaduna is even more liberal than any other place in the North because it's a melting pot of all Northerners and sometimes even Southerners. My point is that our society is evolving, and that's a good thing.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Beaf1: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2011
Why focus this debate on the 'Sambo' in his name? This is simple. The father who is Igbo by origin married a Hausa and gave birth to a boy and decided to name him Sambo. End of discussion.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by IG: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2011
Beaf!:

Why focus this debate on the 'Sambo' in his name? This is simple. The father who is Igbo by origin married a Hausa and gave birth to a boy and decided to name him Sambo. End of discussion.
His name is Namadi Nalado Sambo. His father's name is Nalado, a true traditional Hausa name while Sambo is his grandfather's name. I think there is no doubt that Namadi is Hausa, the question might be whether they originally from Zaria or are settlers from another part of Hausaland.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 15, 2011
Limaoscar:

Chief Awolowo was actually igbo and married Chief HID Awolowo an Igbo-delta shocked

Infact news reaching now indicates that Nelson Mandela is Igbo. He suffered for the SAs for nothing. Let him come back home to Aba Jor, make him no dey there come quench for another man land cheesy
Awolowo ***ibo
Obj *** ibo
Adekunle *** ibo
Jonathan *** ibo
seun of nl *** ibo
jarus *** ibo
me sef *** i be ibo
Wetin we no go hear for Naija ? Meanwhile,how come Ojuku sounds like kanuri name to me ?
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Emmy3(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2011
Does it imply that
the Sultan, Emir
and other traditional rules who supported him as a son of the soil
in his quest to represent the north at the level of Vice President
are mad OR
don't know their traditional heritage??
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 15, 2011
Em-my:

Does it imply that
the Sultan, Emir
are mad OR

I think the people linking Namadi with Nnamdi are actually the mad folks here ! Same people that differentiate between ibo and igbo now see a link between Namadi and Nnamdi. . . .hypocrites.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by aminu150(m): 8:51am On Aug 15, 2011
i dont believe this
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by duby91(m): 8:59am On Aug 15, 2011
Some people sef i tire whether he's ibo or hausa or yoruba how does dat affect ur life, ? dere are so many important issues to be addressd in this country nd we are here addressing Sambo's name even if he's ibo or edo wat can u do about it? abeg, our domestic debt is increasing, only 15% of roads in nigeria are good in nigeria, we are d second largest oil producer in d world right now producing 1.6million barrels per day nd d governors build only roads for a period of 8years, militants dat are killing people are bein trained abroad in malaysia and south africa whether dey are training dem to further deir destruction in nigeria is wat i dont know, 18k minimum wage dey are havin issues implementing it and the same senate gave obama $50million US dollars on his birthday but minimum wage can't be implemented. our problems are so many and some people are here talking about sambo's ethnicity, Mschewwwww
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by zikclassiq(m): 9:15am On Aug 15, 2011
He's a CONC auchi MAN. His real name is Nnamdi. Dat sambo na jus 2 hin muslim name. Go 2 auchi, many muslims are there who are not hausas.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Geomel: 9:30am On Aug 15, 2011
Please we should not be saying what we are not sure off.
[url]www.geomelgroup.org[url]
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tayoTFC(m): 9:37am On Aug 15, 2011
let him come from somalia what we need is good leader with better and good Agenda for poor massess\, Fresh air
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 9:43am On Aug 15, 2011
If they are Igbos or nothing else, they are not helping us at all,let them simply come openly and claim they are Igbo
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by nagoma(m): 9:52am On Aug 15, 2011
@Musiwa

Sambo is from Zaria. I am 100% sure of that. northerners have produce many president. why the lies.[quote][/quote]

Namadi Sambo definitely has his origins in Midwest because that's where his father came from. His name is fully Hausa/Fulani.

Namadi - the short form of "Na Madina" a name given to boys whose real name is Mohammed. Mohammed the prophet of islam lived his life in the city of Medina (was born in Mecca)  and namadina or na Madi is an alias of Mohammed. Evryone called Namadi in Hausaland you can confidently call him mohammed. Medina (or Madina) is also often referred to as the city of Mohammed.
Sambo -  on the other hand is a Fulani name.Sambo is a popular name with the Fulani Aristocrasy of Zaria and other hausa kingdoms.
I however do not see any problem here as Hausaland has been most accommodating once their culture is accepted.Namadi Sambo is as much a Zaria indegene as any others. This kind of agitation is not in Hausa blood and I am sure the Emir of Zazzau (Zaria) will dismiss this as nonsence.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by nagoma(m): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2011
@Emmy

Does it imply that
the Sultan, Emir
are mad OR

They know very well but that sort of jingo has never been important in the North. You live anywhere you like and take any identity provided you are culturally integrated - an important part of culture in Hausaland is of course religion - so edo and yorubas are the most integrated. I can give you a list but of prominent "Hausa people" but this is unnecessary.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by ufumes(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2011
Matters arising
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by nagoma(m): 10:10am On Aug 15, 2011
AS regards the origin of office occupants past and present in Kano, there has never been any discrimination by Kano and many hausa kingdoms based on ethnic origin provided one identifies with the peoples culture which includes religion. Ther is no surprise or any merit in explaining whatever from Shekarau's history.Thousands probably hundred of thousands of Kano indegenes came from all over Nigeria and the neibouring coutries. Sabo Bakin Zuwo - one time governor of Kano state was of Nupe extraction. This is not news.

There was this true story of a kano senior cleric "A" going to the Emir of Kano to report another influential Kano cleric "B"and to inform the Emir that this other man "B" had his roots somewhere and is not an original Kano man. He advised the emir to find away of deporting the opponent "B" from Kano. The reply the emir gave was - "This is how our city grew , even I (The emir) am not an origional inhabitant of Kano (refering to his Fulani ancestry), we cannot send anyone away but if there is an offence or crime we can look at it and provide justice within our abilities". This is the spirit of Kano and and many of the kingdoms of Hausaland and everybody knows this except the ignorant. [quote][/quote]

Above is my posting from another thread back on April 23rd 2011.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by kenlusi(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2011
My dear Danazumi, I really pray God to give u more wisdom, knowledge and understanding, But only if u will promise to use it for the desired uplift of our in-need Nigeria. Rather than race tension, anxiety and sense of chaos in the minds and hands of our teeming, hungry and already angry youths maybe because u have been tipped like a waiter in a typical Port-Harcourt club. This little action of urs today u might leave to regret if u do not redress it. Think of the crisis in the middle east and london. They all started with speculations, then agitations, then rioting and then lost of lives. Maybe u will save ur family's lives if u don't value ur own if u stop posting these troublesome works of art.
Or could it be that the norther cabal are thinking of a possible succession of GEJ by Sambo? I think history also posts a question on the origin of Rt. Gen. Gbadamosi Babangida who has favored just the north and annulled 'june 12' election of a Yoruba descendant. Who took all the major infrastructural projects to the north, who relocated FCT from Lagos(south) to Abuja(north), and his said to hail from a certain southwestern town. Am sure he doesn't even own a house in any southwestern towns apart from Lagos where he could possibly be making money. So Danazumi, why take this matter with all seriousness with a zoning undertone.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Gbenge77(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2011
Rumour mongers are at it again.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by TenKobo1: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2011
Worthless article crafted by a Boko Haram apologist sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Dapo Abiodun - Photos / Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways / President Buhari's Tribute To Late Ocholi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.