Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? (21608 Views)

Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo / Gov Suswam,terhemen Tarzoor Spotted With V.P Namadi Sambo In Gambia / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Ojumiii(m): 11:06am On Aug 15, 2011
who cares
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tlops(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2011
zikclassiq:

He's a CONC auchi MAN. His real name is Nnamdi. Dat sambo na jus 2 hin muslim name. Go 2 auchi, many muslims are there who are not hausas.
haven't you been reading the thread?

Sambo is Hausa name not Islamic name.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by enomakos(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2011
rubbish
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by udbyron1(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2011
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha he laughs
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by nagoma(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2011
@kenlusi

"Or could it be that the norther cabal are thinking of a possible succession of GEJ by Sambo? I think history also posts a question on the origin of Rt. Gen. Gbadamosi Babangida who has favored just the north and annulled 'june 12' election of a Yoruba descendant. Who took all the major infrastructural projects to the north, who relocated FCT from Lagos(south) to Abuja(north), and his said to hail from a certain southwestern town. Am sure he doesn't even own a house in any southwestern towns apart from Lagos where he could possibly be making money. So Danazumi, why take this matter with all seriousness with a zoning undertone."[quote][/quote]

You started so well but ended with "tribal " undertones just like the Danazumi you are critical of. By the way it was not IBB who changed the capital from Lagos to Abuja. It was another presumed Southerner fully adopted by the North.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Hardeyorlah(f): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2011
If he is an Hausa or Edo man doesnt matter,being a Nigerian is d koko.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by foreman: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2011
The north's major source of strength may actually be in it's non-discriminatory nature towards everybody that settles there. Southerners have to learn this.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by IG: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2011
@nagoma, well said. But I most also add that the culture of integration extends to almost all parts if the North and not just Kano. People from my part of the North are just assumed to be Kanuri irrespective of their ethnicities. This is because we all share the Abacha style facial marks and speak the lingua franca, Kanuri. I must state however that Hausa has taken over as the lingua franca now though many still cannot speak it. For example, the current governor of Yobe state is the state's first Kanuri governor since the creation of the state but the general assumption is that all the past governors are Kanuri since the state is generally a Kanuri territorry. That culture of easy integration is part of the reason why Northerners insist on one Nigeria much more than Southerners. Yet many Southerners are made to believe that it's just because of crude oil.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by hakanai(m): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2011
crap at its peak!!!Who the hell cooked this bullshit!!!! angry angry angry angry
Moreover same Zaria accommodate alot of Yorubas who over years are fully Hausa for all i care.They are even more Hausa than others.My take is it doesn't matter even if such tales are true. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
He claims Zaria,worked for Zaria/Kaduna and North.I support him to represent the north in the government and is a bona-fide Northerner period.Anyone with problems about that should come if you are from the Northern part you claim,Nonsense. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Cheap propaganda!!!
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by russellino: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2011
Its obviously a load of BS. The thing i've learned from all this is that the north is light years ahead of the south politically. They left tribalism behind long ago and forged an identity for themselves.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by MammanGB: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2011
I hope this is not politics inclination? because i did not see any reason why someone will post something like this to our No: 2 citizen as a topic of discussion? After all where he comes from does not matter but what matter to us is for him to do what he has been elected for. Thank God for the new bill that is coming very soon, where the issue of origin will sideline. because it seem that some people have been deny the opportunity to contribute their own quarter in their father land just because the problem of origin and some cabal have also used that to determine who go to the seat of power. i.e you can't do without them.

As for Mr. Vice president case, infact i don't know where you guys get this information from because i'm from Kd i 've never heard of all this that guys are here busy discussing  on nairaland to the point that it's now topic of discussion.

Remember that, what goes arround comes arround. You that post this tomorrow when you become a high or public figure the you may not be surprise when people will begin to deny your identity, they may you are from afghanstan or iraq or togo. etc

Pls i advice that we should discuss matters that will develop the interlectuals of ther reader and promote unity.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by dustydee: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2011
He is a Nigerian
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by dangiwa09(m): 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2011
The ONLY intellectually relevant question to this issue is: IS NAMADI SAMBO DOING AN EXCELLENT JOB IN HIS POSITION OR NOT? Wether he is ibo, igbo, hausa, fulani, ibibio, yoruba, ijaw, efik etc. does not matter nor help Nigeria and its poor suffering citizens. Please compatriots wake up and smell the coffee. Other Nations are developing their countries and creating jobs and better lives for their citizenry, and we are fighting over ethnicity of our leaders, it's so pathetic, primitive, dumb and inimical to the future and development of our country.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Obiagu1(m): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2011
A beg when will the new bill that'll abolish state of origin be passed?
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by sleekymag(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2011
This is just a strategy to ensure that Namadi Sambo doesn't come out in 2015 vying for the number one post. Goodluck has said he won't be running, and that leaves Sambo as the next logical person, since he's from the North. Now some PDP power-hungry hustlers have started the groundwork.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by lagcity(m): 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2011
sleekymag:

This is just a strategy to ensure that Namadi Sambo doesn't come out in 2015 vying for the number one post. Goodluck has said he won't be running, and that leaves Sambo as the next logical person, since he's from the North. Now some PDP power-hungry hustlers have started the groundwork.

i seriously doubt this. do you think even if the man comes out and says he is Igbo or Yoruba or Ijaw, the North will disown him? i don't think so.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by nagoma(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Em-my

Does it imply that
the Sultan, Emir
and other traditional rules who supported him as a son of the soil
in his quest to represent the north at the level of Vice President
are mad OR
don't know their traditional heritage?? [quote][/quote]

You must be talking about your own traditional heritage. For the people you mentioned their heritage is to accept as one of them, who ever wants to live with them.period. They are not mad.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by deadie(m): 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2011
Igbo men no dey hit head for ground. This guy don hit head for ground so tey one spot don dark. He is 100% Hausa. Rubbish article. Please do not insult my Igboness.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tpia5: 8:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
looking at Namadi and Nnamdi

in hausa [and kanuri] , the prefic na is a common one meaning place

nna in igbo means father.

so, that's a start when analyzing the two words.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by PointB: 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^^

Let's assume that Namadi Sambo is actually an Igboman? So freaking what? Is Igboman not Nigerian?
Little people and their ish.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tpia5: 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^hey, dont derail the thread.

you're adding nothing that hasnt been said before.

its this lack of interest in anything other than prosaity that made you easy to colonize.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2011
It says a lot about the character of a Nation when all you hear are tales of people who are denying being a member of one ethnic group or the other.

Is the fact that Namadi Sambo is a Nigerian in doubt? No!!!!!!!

Are Igbos immigrants in Nigeria? No!!!!!

So what is the point of the news article? Is time for Nigerians to grow up and stop some of these shameful articles. It is actually very sickening!!!

A Nigerian should be a Nigerian thats it, thats what civilised countries do in the digital age.

The notion that there are some Nigerians who could be denying their tribe is a slap on the consience of our Nation. Those who keep on coming up with these articles should also take some responsibility and be ashamed of themselves!!!
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2011
An article like this can only be premised on the notion that may be people should have a reason to deny being Igbos.

I think the Aurthur of the article should start by telling us why he believes in this point of view?
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tpia5: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2011
IG:

Nope, Muammar is derived from the word Amr and so is the name Amir. Muammar is an Arabic name that has not been indeginized by any Nigerian ethnic group that I know. Please let's not start a debate here.

ok, i'll take your word for it, but remember the nigerian dialect tends to insert vowels after some consonants.

for example, amin is aminu in nigeria.

so amir would turn to amoru or amiru, unless you stick to a strictly arabic presentation.

true muammar isnt commonly used in nigeria but its equivalent would be momoh, imo.

however, i'll go with your own explanation for that name.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tpia5: 12:14am On Aug 16, 2011
IG:

Nguru local government area of Yobe state where Hamza Al-Mustapha hails from is home to many indigeneous Yoruba people, many of whom settled with the coming of the railway. The same story with Nasir El-Rufai in Zaria. Go to Hausari, the main Hausa neighbourhood in Maiduguri, you'll find out that many of the people one assumes to be Hausa are actually Yoruba. Most of them can still speak the language but  culturally they are as Hausa as the average Kano man, especially the kola nut merchant families. I've gone to school with some of them, everybody knows their ethnicity but they are full indigenes now with Maiduguri indigene certificates. The VC of Yobe state university is 100% indigene of Yobe state but is also a Yoruba man whose surname is Alabi. My point is that the North have evolved past the tribal identity thing a long time ago, these things are only raised when they can score political points.

interesting.

and yes, most yorubas who acclimatize in the north, tend to be hard to distinguish from the average northerner if they dont tell you.

anyway, the people you described are of yoruba origin- not sure if they're yoruba anymore.

they could be sha.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by IG: 6:05am On Aug 16, 2011
I am of the opinion that the South should also evolve past the strict ethnic inclination and people start seeing themselves as just Southerners. That way we will be closer to realizing a true honest Nigerian identity. I am not saying you should lose your ethnicity. But the main purpose of ethnicity is nothing more than identification.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by tpia5: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^true but that's very difficult to do in actual fact.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by orevon: 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2011
To me Nigeria vice president Nnamadi Sambo is completely full fledge hausa man. He was born
there,live all his live there. so if there is any latest discovery portraying him as non hausa. i think
it shouldf be discarded.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by BigMeat2: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2011
He is a true and proper hausa man, the son of the soil.
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by auwal87(m): 6:35am On Aug 17, 2011
Chinese will come become president of Nigeria one day grin
Re: Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? by PointB: 6:43am On Aug 17, 2011
^^^

Might not be a bad ides. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari's Tribute To Late Ocholi / Edo 2020: Dangote Says He Did Not Endorse Any Candidate / Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.