Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust (1572 Views)

Who Among These Can You Trust With Your Money? / Nigerian Government Condemns Coup D'Etat In Guinea / Impeach Buhari To Avoid Another Coup D'etat Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2022
HistoryVille

MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY: BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST

Major Donatus Okafor, the officer commanding the Federal Guards was tasked with the assassination of Maimalari. Without Maimalari dead, they were doomed. They knew their actions were high treason which carried the death penalty. Therefore they had to be successful or die trying. Okafor then jumped into his vehicle driven by one of his soldiers and desperately searched around Thompson Avenue, Brown Street and Glover Road, even all the way to Bourdillon Road.

Maimalari who had been hiding and running was trying to make his way to the Federal Guards barracks in his pyjamas when he heard and saw the light of an oncoming vehicle. He ducked into the shrubs again thinking it was Okafor and his men. Instead, he undoubtedly recognised the red Mercedes Benz which belonged to his Chief-of-Staff and Brigade Major (BM), Major Emmanuel Arinze Ifeajuna.

It was not immediately clear to Maimalari that Ifeajuna was part of the mutineers. Instead, he saw Ifeajuna as his hope and dashed for him. Ifeajuna ordered his driver to stop and he got out of the car with Ezedigbo, both of them armed.

“Emma, thank God,” the Brigadier said with relief, “some of the boys have gone crazy. They just attacked me in my home. Do you have any knowledge of who they might be and which unit?” He said with a taint of confidence he just found at the sight of his Brigade Major.

“No sir,” Ifeajuna replied with disdain.

“Never mind, just get me to the barracks. I’m going to find those bastards and finish them in the morning,” Maimalari said as he started to walk towards the car.

Suddenly, he stopped short and caught the sight of the Prime Minister, seated in a draped fashion in the car, whose white clothing had made him conspicuous to the Brigadier.

Maimalari looked at Ifeajuna perplexedly. His throat dried up. He couldn’t find the right words. He knew he had walked into a trap. He had escaped Okafor and his men but found himself willingly in the tiger’s den.

“Say your last prayers, sir,” Ifeajuna broke the silence and cocked his gun. Maimalari just stared hard.

Without warning, the Major fired three shots from his gun at the Brigadier as one of the bullets ricocheted and hit Ezedigbo at the jugular. The young Lieutenant started bleeding profusely. The Brigadier’s heartbeat stopped and he fell. This did not deter Ifeajuna. He fired five more shots to affirm the Brigadier’s death. Once confirmed dead, his body was loaded into the 3-Ton truck with the tied Okotie-Eboh.

Ifeajuna, who still had the Prime Minister in his car, then proceeded to the Mess with Ezedigbo still bleeding without remedy.

#HistoryVille

Source: Page 59-61, A Carnage Before Dawn, Based on Nigeria’s First Coup D’état.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Chizzyjforce: 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Learning
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by AlexBells(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Whatever happened yesterday was a lesson that we could say never again, or dwell in the past and let it drive us apart. I haven't known any Nation that haven't got it's own horror but we can move foward or further apart, all options are practicable.

The coup, the counter coup and the war was all tragic but I'm happy they happened, and it happened yesterday, it could have happened anyway, much better it happened in the past, I hope healing takes place

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
angry
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by yekete: 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2022
History!
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by bushjeph: 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2022
What is your motivation?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2022
Following
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by onumadu: 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2022
So, WHO told this story?
What is the motive of this poster?
Some people will never allow Nigeria to move on. Never.
Sad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Interesting
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by LionTiger(m): 7:03pm On Sep 25, 2022
When they ran out of ideas, rubbish replaces their menu. Brain dead Agbadorians.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2022
That's cool
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by RZArecta(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
I was wondering when this trick will be pulled out of the book especially after seeing the successes of Abuja and Kano. Agbado îmbeciles are a pathetic lot cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Aboks(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
LionTiger:
When they ran out of ideas, rubbish replaces their menu. Brain dead Agbadorians.

U mean zombies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by LionTiger(m): 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
Aboks:

U mean zombies
Gbam! The, Zombi Urchings!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Naajjii: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2022
AlexBells:
Whatever happened yesterday was a lesson that we could say never again, or dwell in the past and let it drive us apart. I haven't known any Nation that haven't got it's own horror but we can move foward or further apart, all options are practicable.

The coup, the counter coup and the war was all tragic but I'm happy they happened, and it happened yesterday, it could have happened anyway, much better it happened in the past, I hope healing takes place
Yes it happened yesterday but lesson was learnt that nyamiri can not be trusted. Tafewa Belwa ,Sardauna, Maimalami and other northerner leaders trusted them but look at the result. They were all killed by nyamiri. Yeah lesson is learnt but the take away is that we can't trust nyamiri people.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by AmehTsaev: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2022
Naajjii:

Yes it happened yesterday but lesson was learnt that nyamiri can not be trusted. Tafewa Belwa ,Sardauna, Maimalami and other northerner leaders trusted them but look at the result. They were all killed by nyamiri. Yeah lesson is learnt but the take away is that we can't trust nyamiri people.
Undiluted trash from a cowdung sniffing animal, have you Muslim savages in the North apologized for all the atrocities and killings of my Middle Belt Christian people in recent years in the hands of your fulani herdsmen brothers? all the Middle Belt officers whom IBB and his Northern Muslim junta killed after being wrongly accused and tried in a kangaroo court for participating in the Orkar coup, have you animals apologized to my people yet? why stop at the coup of 1966 alone? weren't there subsequent coups in Nigeria after the first coup that were executed by you Northerners?

Thank God Igbos are not weak minded people who will apologize for anything, they fought you pigs with pride and are still far better than you barbarians in every aspect of human imagination despite the effects of the war.

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by nazicartel(m): 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2022
Naajjii:

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin ... You think Nigeria is done with coup?.
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by kettykin: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
See grotesque and brutal lies, please ask the author how he was able to observe in real time and real life and jot down his narratives without being finished by ifeajuna if this story was true.
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by AlexBells(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Naajjii:

Nobody gives a Bleep about anybody's trust, they should go trust their terrorists now killing indiscriminately

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by GeneralPula: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
AlexBells:

Tell that to that Uju woman and other Igbos that are always forming victims like say Igbos didn’t commit several atrocities..

Nigerias have moved on. But don’t expect Nigerians to kept quiet whenever Igbos brings out their fake victim mentality. History will always be history, nothing can change it. That coup was the beginning of everything that happened till civil war..

Igbos were also the first tribe in Nigeria to stop another tribe from seceding..

And even tho, Nigerians have moved on, if anybody ask the truth behind the civil war, we’ll tell it..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Racoon(m): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2022
Nobody ever talked about the pre-independence senseless 1958 bloodshed and killings of Igbos by the northern power feudal lords in especially in Jos, Benue, Kano, Zaria and other anti-Igbos semestic agenda culminating in the unfortunate coup of Jan 15 1966.

For example the participation of Major Don Okafor (Then OC Brigade of Guards Dodan Barracks ) was due to his attempt to punished a junior northern NCO which then CO 2 Brigade-Late Brigadier Zakaria Mamailari didn't find acceptable due to ethnic sentiments.

Captain Ben Gbulie was piqued with the parochial sentiments the army has became under the NPC which the Commander 1 Bde Kaduna-Brigadier Samuel Ademulegun have left military ethics to join in the oppression of non hausa-fulanis in the army then in the 1950-60s.

The hausa-fulani were to later confirmed the fears of those concerned with their revolving musical chair of coup plotting when they dominated the politico-military landscape of this skewed nation since July 1966 till date(July 1966, July 1976, Dec 31 1983, August 27 1985 and Nov 17 1993 coups). Read Max Siollun books accounts of these even and get a balanced view.
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by AlexBells(m): 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2022
GeneralPula:

Tell that to that Uju woman and other Igbos that are always forming victims like say Igbos didn’t commit several atrocities..

Nigerias have moved on. But don’t expect Nigerians to kept quiet whenever Igbos brings out their fake victim mentality. History will always be history, nothing can change it. That coup was the beginning of everything that happened till civil war..

Igbos were also the first tribe in Nigeria to stop another tribe from seceding..

And even tho, Nigerians have moved on, if anybody ask the truth behind the civil war, we’ll tell it..
All these things you are saying doesn't relate to Uju Anya's case, Nigerians have taken their pounds of flesh off Igbos, no one have questioned UK about their actions. Nobody even cares if you have moved on or not, you can hang yourself for all I care you have taken more than justice for whatever a few Igbo did in the past.

As for secession, if you want to stay in Nigeria you stay if you want to leave you live. You don't stay with one leg in one leg out, I'm a Zikist and I'm in support of the current presidential system, I don't feel like a victim at all, I know the regional/parliament government is gone for good, no apologies. Whatever happened have been paid for in full with enough blood, I'm happy that the war happened and I'm also happy that it is presidential system the type that works for our society of Republicans that we still practice

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Paretomaster1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
onumadu:
So, WHO told this story?
What is the motive of this poster?
Some people will never allow Nigeria to move on. Never.
Sad.

Like the Igbos se?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Naajjii: 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
AlexBells:

Nobody gives a Bleep about anybody's trust, they should go trust their terrorists now killing indiscriminately
That is why you people cant rule Nigeria? You people started the ethnicity thing and we are giving it to you.
You talk about terrorists, tomorrow is sit at home declared by Ipob Esn unknown gunmen terrorists in your terrority.
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Naajjii: 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2022
AmehTsaev:

Undiluted trash from a cowdung sniffing animal, have you Muslim savages in the North apologized for all the atrocities and killings of my Middle Belt Christian people in recent years in the hands of your fulani herdsmen brothers? all the Middle Belt officers whom IBB and his Northern Muslim junta killed after being wrongly accused and tried in a kangaroo court for participating in the Orkar coup, have you animals apologized to my people yet? why stop at the coup of 1966 alone? weren't there subsequent coups in Nigeria after the first coup that were executed by you Northerners?

Thank God Igbos are not weak minded people who will apologize for anything, they fought you pigs with pride and are still far better than you barbarians in every aspect of human imagination despite the effects of the war.
Haha look at this one claiming north central. Cowards why are you hiding your Igboness. Just like some of you go about creating fake Facebook with Northern names claiming northerners supporting Obi.
You are Igbo from your write up and tone you are full nyamiri.
You claim you are strong but you cry and complain of marginalization. why are you people complaining everyday north this north that. North is marginalizing you. You can't get presidency and you are one of the 3 biggest tribes in Nigeriagrin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by owobokiri(m): 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2022
Afonjas desperately trying to milk the last drop from those worn out civil war titties.
Playing the Biafra/civil war/Nzeogwu coup cards won't save your agbado master from the monumental defeat that is his portion come next year. Dimka is from somewhere, why is his coup not being used against his people

Every new day, they're here with a new Biafra-Nigeria war stories, just to stoke the fire of hate and division. They have nothing positive to campaign on, so they have latched on tribalism, hate and nepotism as their last cards. All in a bid to hand over the biggest black nation on earth to a vintage drug lord!
They will fail!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by AlexBells(m): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Naajjii:

That is why nyamiri can not rule Nigeria. You people started the ethnicity thing and we are giving it to you watowayo.
You talk about terrorists, tomorrow is sit at home declared by Ipob Esn unknown gunmen terrorists in your terrority.
It is still same thing I'm saying no one really care who rules so far the unitary system that enables an Emaka to buy up no man's land, buy land in Kano, buy in Abuja exists, how have your ruling stopped terrorism and have you gained command and control of AlaIgbo?

We are virtually autonomous, we have 7 state capitals, we have 5 full states all ruled by Igbos, do you think Nigeria is Igbo property, when will Igala man rule, when will Ibibio man rule, stop crying for the Igbo man, I'm come from a different school of thought and AlaIgbo is under our control, yes we sit at home every Monday, don't that show you that this is an entirely different country inside a country, AlaIgbo is for Igbos, Nigeria is for everyone lol.

We enjoy government position as far as Lagos, Kano etc. Come to Enugu and see this is a different country entirely. The people are different the rules are different. Everything has a price, terrorism is endemic in Nigeris well we have our own indigenous terrorists, much better than foreign terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Naajjii: 11:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
AlexBells:

It is still same thing I'm saying no one really care who rules so far the unitary system that enables an Emaka to buy up no man's land, buy land in Kano, buy in Abuja exists, how have your ruling stopped terrorism and have you gained command and control of AlaIgbo?

We are virtually autonomous, we have 7 state capitals, we have 5 full states all ruled by Igbos, do you think Nigeria is Igbo property, when will Igala man rule, when will Ibibio man rule, stop crying for the Igbo man, I'm come from a different school of thought and AlaIgbo is under our control, yes we sit at home every Monday, don't that show you that this is an entirely different country inside a country, AlaIgbo is for Igbos, Nigeria is for everyone lol.

We enjoy government position as far as Lagos, Kano etc. Come to Enugu and see this is a different country entirely. The people are different the rules are different. Everything has a price, terrorism is endemic in Nigeris well we have our own indigenous terrorists, much better than foreign terrorists.
Mr Man nyamiri people have been crying of marginalization. You are still crying and agitating to get Biafra, your leader and savior Nnamdi Kanu has been locked up by President Buhari. You say it's the turn of Nyammiri this time to rule Nigeria, PDP gave it to Atiku fulani, APC gave it to Tinubu Yoruba. The reason nobody trust you is due to your dubiousness.
You are one of the 3 biggest tribes how come it's hard for you to produce presidency? Igala, Ibibio and others you mentioned are minorities. Everyday in the news you people complain and cry of northerners dominating. Why are you trying to deny it ? Why ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by eagleu: 11:30pm On Sep 26, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
HistoryVille

MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY: BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST

Major Donatus Okafor, the officer commanding the Federal Guards was tasked with the assassination of Maimalari. Without Maimalari dead, they were doomed. They knew their actions were high treason which carried the death penalty. Therefore they had to be successful or die trying. Okafor then jumped into his vehicle driven by one of his soldiers and desperately searched around Thompson Avenue, Brown Street and Glover Road, even all the way to Bourdillon Road.

Maimalari who had been hiding and running was trying to make his way to the Federal Guards barracks in his pyjamas when he heard and saw the light of an oncoming vehicle. He ducked into the shrubs again thinking it was Okafor and his men. Instead, he undoubtedly recognised the red Mercedes Benz which belonged to his Chief-of-Staff and Brigade Major (BM), Major Emmanuel Arinze Ifeajuna.

It was not immediately clear to Maimalari that Ifeajuna was part of the mutineers. Instead, he saw Ifeajuna as his hope and dashed for him. Ifeajuna ordered his driver to stop and he got out of the car with Ezedigbo, both of them armed.

“Emma, thank God,” the Brigadier said with relief, “some of the boys have gone crazy. They just attacked me in my home. Do you have any knowledge of who they might be and which unit?” He said with a taint of confidence he just found at the sight of his Brigade Major.

“No sir,” Ifeajuna replied with disdain.

“Never mind, just get me to the barracks. I’m going to find those bastards and finish them in the morning,” Maimalari said as he started to walk towards the car.

Suddenly, he stopped short and caught the sight of the Prime Minister, seated in a draped fashion in the car, whose white clothing had made him conspicuous to the Brigadier.

Maimalari looked at Ifeajuna perplexedly. His throat dried up. He couldn’t find the right words. He knew he had walked into a trap. He had escaped Okafor and his men but found himself willingly in the tiger’s den.

“Say your last prayers, sir,” Ifeajuna broke the silence and cocked his gun. Maimalari just stared hard.

Without warning, the Major fired three shots from his gun at the Brigadier as one of the bullets ricocheted and hit Ezedigbo at the jugular. The young Lieutenant started bleeding profusely. The Brigadier’s heartbeat stopped and he fell. This did not deter Ifeajuna. He fired five more shots to affirm the Brigadier’s death. Once confirmed dead, his body was loaded into the 3-Ton truck with the tied Okotie-Eboh.

Ifeajuna, who still had the Prime Minister in his car, then proceeded to the Mess with Ezedigbo still bleeding without remedy.

#HistoryVille

Source: Page 59-61, A Carnage Before Dawn, Based on Nigeria’s First Coup D’état.

All this slanted history!
I thought you guys banned history classes in schools. Which one be this?
Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by zaki2: 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2022
Naajjii:

Mr Man nyamiri people have been crying of marginalization. You are still crying and agitating to get Biafra, your leader and savior Nnamdi Kanu has been locked up by President Buhari. You say it's the turn of Nyammiri this time to rule Nigeria, PDP gave it to Atiku fulani, APC gave it to Tinubu Yoruba. The reason nobody trust you is due to your dubiousness.
You are one of the 3 biggest tribes how come it's hard for you to produce presidency? Igala, Ibibio and others you mentioned are minorities. Everyday in the news you people complain and cry of northerners dominating. Why are you trying to deny it ? Why ?
Mr man just shut it. We Igbos don't give a Bleep to whatever you do. Obi is trying his political race, if he wins, good if he losses no difference. If you like vote Shekau, after resurecting him from the dead, we don't care. We rather sit and watch you destroy Nigeria, as your demi god, Buhari is almost doing. We will help you in your quest. Very wicked bigot. Nigeria will never rise from the ashes of poverty as long as bigots and tribalist roams free. Na una go suffer am.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by zaki2: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2022
I have never seen a people so neck deep into tribalsmim as these guys from the west, supporting a particular candidate.
The same script played out pre 2015. Nigerians latched on it, Igbo hate, and ended up with a dead beat president. Now,
it's he same script all over again. As if Igbos are the only Nigerians. The only way to sell your candidate is to incite hate on Igbos.
What brand of devil is controlling these folks bikonu shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coup D'etat: Be Careful Who You Trust by Naajjii: 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
zaki2:

Mr man just shut it. We Igbos don't give a Bleep to whatever you do. Obi is trying his political race, if he wins, good if he losses no difference. If you like vote Shekau, after resurecting him from the dead, we don't care. We rather sit and watch you destroy Nigeria, as your demi god, Buhari is almost doing. We will help you in your quest. Very wicked bigot. Nigeria will never rise from the ashes of poverty as long as bigots and tribalist roams free. Na una go suffer am.
You are the biggest bigots, you started it and we giving back to you wotowoto grin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Commissioning Firefighting Equipments (throwback) / How Tinubu, Obi Pulled Crowds On Same Day - Daily Trust In Delta / A Friend Of Mine Just Died With His Young Wife And Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.