Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Setting Up A Proper Taxation System Is Really Very Important. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Setting Up A Proper Taxation System Is Really Very Important. (142 Views)

DSS Arrests Bello Bodejo, Miyetti Allah President For Setting Up Vigilante Group / Nigeria Doesn't Have A Proper Commander-in-chief – Wike / I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Up A Proper Taxation System Is Really Very Important. by BluntCrazeMan: 7:00am On Sep 26, 2022
SETTING UP A PROPER TAXATION SYSTEM IS REALLY VERY IMPORTANT.

Dear Presidential Aspirants/Candidates....
In case any of you becomes the Next President of Nigeria, please remember to pay serious attention to fixing the taxation system in Nigeria, and to maintain proper taxation in Nigeria.
In as much as you need to avoid over-taxing the few people who are diligent in paying their taxes, and also, to avoid multiple-taxations, and taxations on things that shouldn't be taxed, to avoid lots of unnecessary and incessant government fees and charges (for instance, the NIMC charges for the usage and updating the NIN of Citizens and Residents), and also to avoid unnecessary deductions (CBN and NCC imposed deductions for instance); it is also very necessary to make the taxing system in Nigeria very functional and automatic.
With a good taxation system in place, all the other government institutions would definitely know their specific roles, and be effective in performing them.
It is not every institution of the government that must be channeled towards revenue generation, otherwise, the citizens would be heavily extorted and drained financially, and such unnecessary charges would become like bottlenecks to fully utilise the amenities in question that are under the control of such government institutions.
If there is proper and adequate taxation system in place, in addition to FAIR TAXATION, then, every single “Earner in Nigeria would pay their taxes accordingly and without grudges.
Once you earn money, then you have to pay the tax that is proportionately adequate for the money you earned.
There should be no exemptions on the payment of “Personal Income Taxes” and “Company Taxes” too.

(Proper taxation systems, in addition to serving for Revenue-Generation purposes, is also an economic-planning tool as well as a crime-checking tool, which when managed properly, gives the data of the spread of the personal income-range and income-categories of the people, as well as the sources of the income).
Another category of tax that serve the most in checking of excesses is the “User-Taxes”, which are imposed on some types of consumer items, where the consumer who is the final buyer is the person who pays the necessary tax on such items.
Other upline buyers of such commodities are to present evidences that they are government-certified dealers in such commodities, so that they won't be the ones to be taxed at the point of their purchasing of such goods for reselling.
The final buyers, on the other hand, should provide a valid government-issued identification document (probably the NIN-number), so that their user-taxes can be properly recorded against their names.

A very good example of such User-Taxes is the Luxury-tax which are paid for luxury items such a jewelries, high-taste gadgets, luxury vehicles, and other expensive items..

Such User-Taxes are put to very good use in investigations, where the records of such user-taxes are cross-checked and compared with the records of the personal-income taxes of such persons.

Once the taxation system becomes automatic and adequate, a lot of excesses would be automatically controlled as well.
I hope I made enough sense here...
So Please, help me pass this information across to all your preferred candidates..
Thanks.
Re: Setting Up A Proper Taxation System Is Really Very Important. by BluntCrazeMan: 7:09am On Sep 26, 2022
Thanks Mods for rescuing and restoring the topic from the “BANNING” prison..
***NAIRALANDERS, PLEASE BE WARNED ON TIME..!!**
Commenters, Please Take Note..!!

DON'T QUOTE THE ORIGINAL POST...
It's for your safety, Please..
If you do quote the original post, you might get banned for no reason..
PLEASE BE WARNED AHEAD OF TIME..
Re: Setting Up A Proper Taxation System Is Really Very Important. by vraleksas: 7:10am On Sep 26, 2022
True
Re: Setting Up A Proper Taxation System Is Really Very Important. by BluntCrazeMan: 7:14am On Sep 26, 2022
vraleksas:
True
Thanks for acknowledging.
Re: Setting Up A Proper Taxation System Is Really Very Important. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
**SOME QUESTIONS MANY PEOPLE MIGHT BE ASKING...

Q: What if I inherited a property that is yielding constant income for me?

A: There is a tax that is called “Property Tax” that covers that.. Whether you own the property, or it was gifted to you, or whether you inherited such property.

Q: Speaking about gifts,, what if someone gifted me with money, instead of a “money-yielding” property?

A: There are taxes that cover “Remittances”, or direct cash gifts.. Every payment is taxable, unless there are waivers to such payments, which the Government should be aware of.

Q: What if someone sent money to me to make some payments on his behalf, should I pay tax for receiving such payments/income?

A: There are reasons why there is the term “Description” is Payments. Money sent to someone to pay school fees shouldn't be taxed on the person. It should be taxed after the fees had been paid to the school. The school should be the person to be taxed

Q: What if every Payments received by the person now become described as “FOR PAYING OF SCHOOL FEES”, just for the person not to be taxed??

A: That now results to TAX EVASION, which is an offence. Even if he decides to use the description of “For paying of school fees again, just to avoid the possibility of paying for user-tax, or the receiver of the money to pay for income tax, whenever such acts are investigated and exposed, he can go in for such an offence
Re: Setting Up A Proper Taxation System Is Really Very Important. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Lalasticlala, Seun, Nlfpmod

(1) (Reply)

INEC Urges Political Parties To Avoid Slanderous Language / Benue Governor Samuel Ortom Distancing Himself From The Camp Of Governor Nyesom / The Difference Between IPOB And Obidients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.