Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video (1218 Views)

Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / How Diezani Laundered Looted Money, Her Accomplices Revealed - Sahara Reporters / See What Kanu Did To This Little Lagos Boy. So Amazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by Sunofgod(m): 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by r231(m): 10:50pm On Aug 14, 2011
seen cheesy
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by ezeagu(m): 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2011
I heard Nigerian languages (you know the languages, didn't say the name just incase).
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by Sunofgod(m): 11:08pm On Aug 14, 2011
ezeagu:

I heard Nigerian languages (you know the languages, didn't say the name just incase).

Yeah I heard the 'Little Lagosians' blowing their grammar.
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by ragdollz: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2011
Omg, epic! The Burger King at Peckham, the Primark shop, the Blue Inc they were looting ----- even Poundland, wow!!! This video is so fricking awesome, lol! And the looting was being done by whites not just blacks grin grin grin. UK is f-ked up, confirmed! Things fall apart- - - -sheer anarchy is bla bla bla grin grin grin
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by EuroMeko(m): 12:01am On Aug 15, 2011
Basically just saw humanity at their worst just like the LA riots here, except for 2:38 when her cuteness comes on and 5:50 when Rasta saves the day.
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by olapluto(m): 12:04am On Aug 15, 2011
'Awon omo ORO'. Peckham has been neglected so much by the government. About time people told them they exist.
BTW I think I heard the voice of my barber. I am very confident Nigerians in Peckham didnt loot. They only stood and watched and perhaps clapped.
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by ektbear: 1:35am On Aug 15, 2011
Man, I need to move to Peckham. A Yoruba-speaking community in a 1st world country sounds like win to me
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by SEFAGO(m): 1:41am On Aug 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Man, I need to move to Peckham. A Yoruba-speaking community in a 1st world country sounds like win to me

Haha you havent been?

Horrible place- mininaija. full of Nigerians man, you can even find one of your lagos bus conductors there. I remember one of my uncles who used to live in central lagos telling me that he met one of the former oga agberos there.

I dont think you wanna move there. Think of compton with Nigerian people grin.
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by ektbear: 1:47am On Aug 15, 2011
SEFAGO:

Haha you havent been?

Horrible place- mininaija. full of Nigerians man, you can even find one of your lagos bus conductors there. I remember one of my uncles who used to live in central lagos telling me that he met one of the former oga agberos there.

I dont think you wanna move there. Think of compton with Nigerian peopleĀ  grin.

Lol @ naija Compton.

No, never been there.

But surely there must be some upscale parts of Peckham? I dunno, the concept appeals to me, but the reality might not be as good. I guess I'll have to visit someday and decide for myself.
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by SEFAGO(m): 2:03am On Aug 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lol @ naija Compton.

No, never been there.

But surely there must be some upscale parts of Peckham? I dunno, the concept appeals to me, but the reality might not be as good. I guess I'll have to visit someday and decide for myself.

LOL, then you are not truly Yoruba. You gotta see one of our colonies asap in the UK. Its just like going to Nigeria except without the hassles. You can even go to loads of Nigerian restaurants.

I dont know about upscale parts but initially the place was full of white people---> Then carribeans ---> then Nigerians.

You know now, white flight and all. Thats gonna drive property prices down and make a place undesirable to live. So I doubt it wouldbe upscale. Most of the upscale parts of london are in the west where very few black people live.

You should go, its gonna feel like lagos. I dont know where you live in teh US but there are quite a few places like that in maryland and new jersey where there are huge nigerian populations.
Re: Peckham (little Lagos) Riots 2011: Shops Getting Looted Video by ektbear: 2:31am On Aug 15, 2011
Hmm:

Ethnicity

Peckham is one of the most ethnically diverse areas of the UK. These are the statistics for the ethnic groups in the Peckham ward according to the 2001 Census.[2] This ward is about one fifth of the place called Peckham, and not representative of the ethnic and cultural distribution in the other 4 wards.
Black African - 35.67%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peckham#Ethnicity

I've lived before in the suburbs of DC, my guess is that the statistic is like 3% or let's even say 5%. Nowhere comparable to the above.

But yeah, reading the description on wiki, doesn't sound as appealing anymore, lol

(1) (Reply)

S'south Law School: New Way Of Seeing Bayelsa / Presidential Election Tribunal. Any Updates? / " A Rendezvous With History" -the 1960 Collective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.