Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) (44066 Views)

Louis Gossett Jr Is Dead. / Femi Kuti Still Fit And Doing Exercises And Pull-Ups At 59 / Harry B Anyanwu: I Live Like A Young Man At 59 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Dioceseofoyo: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2022
All the African American musical icons just exiting life in the most painful way possible... lipsrsealed

Don't check my signature.
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Akerele44(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2022
fergie001:

Not that. The video is on the first page .....
I am saying the song was in 1997 but looks like it was released just yesterday.
Oh okay
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by sharpwriter(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2022
Segkem2013:
C U when you get there.
So he sang that song?
I'll see you when you get there,
See when you get there,
See you when you get there eh,
I'll see you when you get there.....

May his soul rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by kamiyurl: 9:35am On Sep 29, 2022
PAINFUL-
THIS IS MY CONDOLENCES TO ONE OF THE TRUE GANGSTER'S OF RAP MUSIC. MAY YOUR SOUL LAST STRONG IN HEAVEN.
GOOD BYE HOMMIE

1 Like

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by OperationalVehi: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
Gone to his paradise!
that's absolutely right
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by OperationalVehi: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
Gone to his paradise!
that's absolutely right
I like your moniker
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Segzy19: 9:40am On Sep 29, 2022
All these indomie kids wont know him....
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Solofresh2: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2022
I see you when you get there
Rest in peace man!
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by EngrKemp: 9:45am On Sep 29, 2022
He saysss..

**** As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death ...

I took the look of ma life..

I see that nothing is left..

Mama think ma life is gone n I really hate da queen
And now in the hooku..

I'm 22 noww goin to 23..

I wonna learn but nobody wanna teach me..
I'm an educated fool saying prayers on the street line..

Omo ...
Damn ..
This guy was my best that year mehn....
Growing up was so cool with Coolio..
My walk man ...
My cassette...

Damn !!!

Rip real OG...

You made our days Coolio....

But Tupac and notorious Big came n spoilt the world for us..

Rip in paradise.
Much love Coolio

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by BloomingDale(f): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2022
Discountsempai:

Actually, had a heart attack. No covid. (Yes, people do die from cardiac issues, nothing to do with vaccines )

Yeah, a lot of young people dying from heart attacks now due to the covid vaccines.

1 Like

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by gibsonwales(m): 9:47am On Sep 29, 2022
Soar in golden wings at Gangstas Paradise cry
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by SouthSouth1914: 9:48am On Sep 29, 2022
OperationalVehi:
that's absolutely right
I like your moniker

Thank you!
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Krismas(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2022
kamiyurl:
PAINFUL-
THIS IS MY CONDOLENCES TO ONE OF THE TRUE GANGSTER'S OF RAP MUSIC. MAY YOUR SOUL LAST STRONG IN HEAVEN.
GOOD BYE HOMMIE
grin Yeah
But stay away from Illuminati grin e no pay

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Greenfaces: 9:49am On Sep 29, 2022
The life we live is very short compared to the life in the grave and in the hereafter. One moment we are alive, the next we are relocated to the graves.

There is no God besides Allah. And Muhammad (saw) is the last prophet
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by gibsonwales(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2022
EngrKemp:
He saysss..

**** As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death ...

I took the look of ma life..

I see that nothing is left..

Mama think ma life is gone n I really hate da queen
And now in the hooku..

I'm 22 noww goin to 23..

I gotta learn but no one wanna teach me..
I'm an educated fool saying prayers on the street line..

Omo ...
Damn ..
This guy was my best that year mehn....
Growing up was so cool with Coolio..
My walk man ...
My cassette...

Damn !!!

I still have C U When You Get There and Gangsta's Paradise, on my phone. Hip Hop was real back in the days.

3 Likes

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by phemmyfour: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2022
hammerT:

59 years no old?

abi him no try for person wey doubt to see 24?

if we add another 10 years na 70.
59 is 19yrs into the second half.
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Corporate2020: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2022
My Coolio. What a sad world. Just like that.

Those tracks "Gangstar Paradise" and "See you when you get there" will make you know that these guys aren't happy. They made money, they can afford everything on earth, but happiness is just so far away. I am glad anyway, at least he didn't die in one of those gang wars.

2 Likes

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Didi2d(m): 9:52am On Sep 29, 2022
masterfactor:
God bless the west coast, f**ck the east coast

2pac that year
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2022
Aww.. Coolio... I remember rapping his song way back in secondary school.

π Look at the situation they gat me facing.
I can live a normal life
I was born in the streets
Now I gonna be down with whole thing
With money on ma mind..π. Oww...

The bridge..
Tell me why are we
So blind to see
That the ones we hurt
Are you and me...

Owww... good ole days. This was when ladies were girls. ( ss 1).

So sad.

3 Likes

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Nobleou(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2022
Life comes and goes. Nothing in life
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Didi2d(m): 9:56am On Sep 29, 2022
I just dey smile as dey remember the song and how it fits the old days.
Dam! Am sad again

RIP Coolio

1 Like

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2022
Corporate2020:
My Coolio. What a sad world. Just like that.

Those tracks "Gangstar Paradise" and "See you when you get there" will make you know that these guys aren't happy. They made money, they can afford everything on earth, but happiness is just so far away. I am glad anyway, at least he didn't die in one of those gang wars.

"See you when you get there" I think that was the song they did for BIG with.
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Levinas: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Discountsempai:

They just might. If one was born in 1990, one can just recall Gangsta paradise, and C u when you get there, because your older brother, or relative would have been playing it a lot in 1996-8.

1990 no be indomie generation ooo

1 Like

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by sylve11: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Journey well, Coolio.

You'll always be remembered. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by ahnie: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
BurgundyBlue:
do you remember "see you when you get" hit song in year 2000... I was 8 then lol.....
I see you when you get there,see you when you there lolz.
I have forgotten the rest lyrics Sha.
Oga Naptu you're a pro when it comes to things like these,pls kindly help us dig out the song.
Thanks.
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by juman(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
Maybe he fell down and hit his head on something.
Cardiac arrest is likely as stated.

Bathroom is a slab, anybody can die in there.
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by juman(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2022
Condolence to the family and fans.
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by favour32(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2022
Nightwolf1:
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's not much left
'Cause I've been blastin' and laughin' so long, that
Even my mama thinks that my mind is gone".

cry cry cry cry
Dude is one of my best rappers in the 90's. By
R.I.P
You dey there...
Re: Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) by Neddyogu(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2022
“Life’s a big game, so u gotta play it with the big boys”............ I’ll see u when u get there

RIP Nwa before the war!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Titanic Star Bill Paxton Dies Due To Complications After Heart Surgery. / Amber Heard Declares Bankruptcy, Unable To Pay Johnny Depp / What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.