Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? (5484 Views)

Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? / Is Nollywood Rivaling Black Hollywood? / Where Is Nollywood Located In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by NollyMovie: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
According to "innason" I like Ghana Movies than Nolly Movies. Recently i saw Players Heart & Facebook Lover Romance movie, it's amusing grin grin
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by tpia5: 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2011
Ufeolorun:

grin grin grin grin

I recently watched some Yoruba movies( EG AWA OBIRIN BY FUNKE AKINDELE) and to me they are relatively ok,i  maybe suffering from low expectation.A lot still need to be done.

i think you're suffering from low grammer.
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by safarigirl(f): 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2011
If you're looking for Ǟ good Nigerian movie right now, the cinemas is the place to be, but when you won't take out eight hundred to go ǡŋ₫ see Ǟ movie, but are instead content with waiting for it to enter the market ǡŋ₫ sell for 150 after Alaba boys must have pirated it and divided a movie ☺₣ one part into two for greater returns, do you sincerely expect anything other than Ǟ glorified CRAP?

BTW 80% ☺₣ Ghanaian movies are copy ǡŋ₫ paste,lack ☺₣ creativity ǡŋ₫ they're okay with giving us western stories instead ☺₣ African stories.
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by energygirl: 11:01am On Dec 28, 2011
Its getting better I guess after watching 'Weakness' film on www.yatotainment.com .
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by babyboy3(m): 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2011
BTW 80% ☺₣ Ghanaian movies are copy ǡŋ₫ paste,lack ☺₣ creativity ǡŋ₫ they're okay with giving us western stories instead ☺₣ African stories.

Its the same with Nollywood
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by egaruba(m): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2012
RATED E SCREENPLAYS - UNLOCKING CREATIVITY

FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN!

About:   
Screenplay Writing & Consultation Service.

Company Overview:   
RATED E offers the very best in Story Concepts and Screenplay writing for feature film, TV, and new media. Our mission is to develop and produce meaningful story driven and high concept African-themed motion pictures for the African film and TV market that will inspire, engage and entertain audiences worldwide.

Description:
Rated E is a web site dedicated to the works of screenwriter Emil B. Garuba. The website covers Emil's efforts in feature films and TV. On the site you’ll find free screenwriting advice as well as information on Emil's Script Consultation Service. As a freelance script reader, Emil has read literally thousands of screenplays for agents and production companies. As a produced screenwriter, he's constantly working through the ins and outs of screenwriting. And now as a script consultant, he's offering his professional expertise to you at an affordable price.

Service:
Script Consultant - Original Screenplays, Spec Screenplays, rewrites and adaptations. Contact us for our service rates.

Email - ratedeproductions@hotmail.com
Web - www.ratedeproductions.yolasite.com
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by egaruba(m): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2012
RATED E SCREENPLAYS - UNLOCKING CREATIVITY

FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN!

About:   
Screenplay Writing & Consultation Service.

Company Overview:   
RATED E offers the very best in Story Concepts and Screenplay writing for feature film, TV, and new media. Our mission is to develop and produce meaningful story driven and high concept African-themed motion pictures for the African film and TV market that will inspire, engage and entertain audiences worldwide.

Description:
Rated E is a web site dedicated to the works of screenwriter Emil B. Garuba. The website covers Emil's efforts in feature films and TV. On the site you’ll find free screenwriting advice as well as information on Emil's Script Consultation Service. As a freelance script reader, Emil has read literally thousands of screenplays for agents and production companies. As a produced screenwriter, he's constantly working through the ins and outs of screenwriting. And now as a script consultant, he's offering his professional expertise to you at an affordable price.

Service:
Script Consultant - Original Screenplays, Spec Screenplays, rewrites and adaptations. Contact us for our service rates.

Email - ratedeproductions@hotmail.com
Web - www.ratedeproductions.yolasite.com
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by vinderbilt: 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2012
I think Nollywood is improving, the industry was stagnant for a while, but 2010, 2011 have seen good quality Nigerian Movies.
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by safarigirl(f): 11:39am On Feb 08, 2012
@ baby boy, I watched this Ghollywood movie that was straight from the storyline ☺₣ Ǟ Nollywood movie I once saw, they don't just copy the plot, but the entire script
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by obowunmi(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2012
LoL @ Safari girl. Hehehehe, Ghollywood sucks balls.
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by babyboy3(m): 3:13pm On Feb 08, 2012
@ baby boy, I watched this Ghollywood movie that was straight from the storyline ☺₣ Ǟ Nollywood movie I once saw, they don't just copy the plot, but the entire script

Go and watch Tyler Perry's Diary of a Mad Black Woman, (Oh my days I cant remember the name ) then Theirs a Nollywood version that they poorly executed! it was so poor, I worked it out 20 minutes into the movie and when I told audience how its going to end they thought I was joking!!!!
It was like distroying a classic movie!!
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by safarigirl(f): 9:06am On Feb 09, 2012
^^better to copy an american movie than to copy Ǟ Nigerian movie that's supposed to be low standard. It's like copying the student who always ends up being second to last in the class
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by babyboy3(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2012
^^better to copy an american movie than to copy Ǟ Nigerian movie that's supposed to be low standard. It's like copying the student who always ends up being second to last in the class

Your right!!!!

BUT,

Tyler Perry could sue for Copyright infringement and could clean house,
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by safarigirl(f): 12:22am On Feb 11, 2012
That's if he knew ☺₣ the existence of the movie to start with, which he most likely, doesn't
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by djweb: 11:49am On Feb 15, 2012
Perhaps its time to shift the focus from quantity to quality. Quality is not limited to the equipments used, but script Contents as well.
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by obowunmi(m): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
Well stated djweb
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by obowunmi(m): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
Well stated djweb
Re: A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? by tpia5: 3:03am On Dec 03, 2013
is it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Over Hyped Movies Of 2017 / Hot Cash Video-willie Willie / Femi Branch Is Hot! Hot! Hot!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.