Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages (18227 Views)

Morocco: Massive Earthquake Damages Historical Buildings. 296 Dead, 153 Injured / Fire Damages Rome's 19th Century 'Iron Bridge' (Photos) / Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by fergie001: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
Former President Donald Trump sued CNN for defamation, claiming the cable news network has escalated a campaign of libel and slander against him recently because it fears he’ll run for re-election in 2024.

CNN has attempted to taint Trump “with a series of ever-more scandalous, false, and defamatory labels of ‘racist,’ ‘Russian lackey,’ ‘insurrectionist,’ and ultimately ‘Hitler,’ the former president’s lawyers said in the suit filed Monday in federal court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Trump is seeking at least $475 million in damages, according to the filing.

Beyond simply highlighting any negative information about the plaintiff and ignoring all positive information about him, CNN has sought to use its massive influence -- purportedly as a ‘trusted’ news source -- to defame the plaintiff in the minds of its viewers and readers for the purpose of defeating him politically,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.

CNN didn’t immediately respond to an email requesting comment on the lawsuit.

Trump hasn’t shied away from suing his perceived enemies since leaving office, though he’s had limited success. His lawsuit accusing his 2016 election rival Hillary Clinton and dozens of others of conspiring against him with allegedly fake Russia claims was tossed out by a federal judge in Florida last month.

The case is Trump v. Cable News Network Inc., 0:22-cv-61842, US District Court, Southern District of Florida (Fort Lauderdale).

[url=https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-03/trump-sues-cnn-for-defamation-saying-network-fears-he-ll-run?utm_content=asia&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-asia&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter] SOURCE [/url]

Donald Trump is suing CNN, with the former US president claiming defamation as he seeks $475m (£420m) in punitive damages, according to a court filing.

He is taking legal action against the US news network in federal court in Florida.

Mr Trump is claiming that the network had carried out a "campaign of libel and slander" against him.

In his lawsuit, he also claimed the network had used its influence as a leading news organisation to defeat him politically.

SOURCE

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Abratech(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
grin grin grin

CNN how far

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by TRADELYN: 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
Donald Trump, the strong man then.

Buy Original Yam Pounder & Commercial Blenders with Warranty. Pay upon delivery nationwide. 0803 9two5 177two call or WhatsApp for details.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by oshozondii: 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
Wahala man as always.

4 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Danny50: 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2022
Trumph the rugged man that knows how to handle national security threat.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Ibrahimcoomasie: 2:38am On Oct 04, 2022
fergie001:

Trump hasn’t shied away from suing his perceived enemies since leaving office, though he’s had limited success. His lawsuit accusing his 2016 election rival Hillary Clinton and dozens of others of conspiring against him with allegedly fake Russia claims was TOSSED OUT by a federal judge in Florida last month.
Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2022
This man!
In Asari Dokubo's voice.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2022
Wahala! Tho Trump is betterv than Biden. If Trump was on seat, Ukrainian war won't have happened. He knows how to talk to Putin

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by sukkot: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
grin
Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by FreeStuffsNG: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
At last, CNN has a chance to do fight to finish in an open court with Trump.

May your life not be like that of Trump with his fake , indisciplined, riotous , and disorganised fake life. If you are living that kind of fake life sin, just pray that you repent now and never have an alatako in the manner CNN has taken on Trump.

In fact, the whole fake life with the lying legacies of Trump has been ingeniously documented and being regularly updated for posterity by CNN in a manner that even future descendants of Trump are already cast as fraudsters and caricature of successful life.

CNN will not rest until Trump is jailed like Ex-President Sarkozy of France.
check my signature for free stuffs!

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by samuel19222(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
MAGA I just like this man

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by GoAndVerify: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
Trump is the man.

He should press CNN's neck with no pity.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Kizyte(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
Nice one my guy! I love Trump!

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Orissodiq: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
Do me i do you

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by jeromestarks: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
Trump my man.

If you're having problem with you gf, fiancee or wife, check very well, you are not the one who disvirgined her.

Women respect the first things in their lives; first child has a kinda special love, first man to fvck her has a special place in her heart that you can not fill.

She will forever compare your performance (in beg and in other areas) to the first man who fvcked her.
So, you're already in competition with someone you don't know. That is not a healthy competition.
Fvck a woman you didn't disvirgin and walk away the moment she begin to give you attitudes.

Take the pain to find a virgin woman when you're ready to marry.
Better to suffer to find a virgin and have a lasting happy home than to marry the available non virgin and suffer in your marriage. Paternity fraud is real.

Don't pay Bride price, sponsor wedding ceremony and take care of in laws just to have a woman who was fvcked when she was in her best state (virgin) by a boy who gave only two eggs and indomie.
Only a virgin woman deserves your care, attention and love.

Be wise!

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by ipobarethieves: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
sad
Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Lovenorth: 8:14am On Oct 04, 2022
Cruise catcher

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Freelane33(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Joshmoore(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2022
That is how Nigerians will sue APC and PDP for looting our treasures

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by SlyFoxx4Life: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2022
Why bother the network is failing already. Ratings crashed since he left office that’s why they have to keep taking and making stories about him because he’s the only thing that gives them the meagre ratings they get. New management is desperately trying to correct course. Firing people left and right.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by maestroferddi: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2022
Trump vs CNN again....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by MITCHELL96: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2022
He's sure going to win this suit grin grin

Trump is not a man to be f^cked with.

I like his boldness and authority. cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by otijah(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2022
Donald Trump is broke grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by whytediamond(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2022
cool
Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by whytediamond(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2022
otijah:
Donald Trump is broke grin

You must be kidding I guess

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by VladimirPutiin(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2022
Hmm
Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2022
It's Cold and a world full of emptiness. Sometimes I hear echos urging me to jump off the cliff, sometimes I wish I just sleep and never wake again. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep because this pain is eating me up at this am at a crossroad of life.

I wish this DEPRESSION could just go away .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by foolbuster: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2022
I hope trump wins. To be honest CNN is really overdoing it. Its clear CNN don't like trump at all.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475m In Damages by hudasy: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2022
Trump is not well. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donald Trump Offers Obama $5Million In Exchange For College Records / Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Sends 7000 Staff On Leave Amid Sanctions. / Cyberattack: Lithuania Websites Are Down. Russian Hackers Claim Responsibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.