Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

$15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway (6594 Views)

FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Parisgoodman(m): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2011
Hmm, 15 milion stunnin dollars, how much will it take 2 generate 16,000 mega watts? All this our hausa, ibo n yoruba fat pot belly that are in national assembly shud think o. All can't they just reason 4 once n argue lik the republicans of uncle sam? Mayb we shud even think of privatizing this sick lousy govt. Of ours,
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by aloyemeka2: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Who in his/her right mind would believe that website belongs to a multi-million dollar(not even billion-dollar) company in Canada or even the US?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
I mean look at the picture of the supposed employees of this company. The company is able to hire all those people, yet its website remains so crappy? 

I wouldn't even purchase a car from a company with such a website.

What is the correlation  between the weight of a company and the number of employees it hires in the 21st century?
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by blacksta(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2011
It is Well in JEsus Name - As Ibime mentioned " Continue to shook HEAD like sheep "
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by aljharem3: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2011
Onlytruth:

Does anyone know the route of this rail line? What cities does it transit through?
The viability depends on the route. Simple.

1. it passes through ogun, ondo, edo , cuts down to warri, balysea, rivers, akwaibom then calabar

OR

2. pass through ogun, ondo, ekiti, edo,kwara, kogi, benue then cross river

either way is good grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

just Pulling your legs brother
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by BigMeat2: 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2011
I think this kind of amount mentioned should be better use to upgrade existing mode of transportation - especially most of the federal roads, railways and even the airports. After we can then start to think about this kind of construction.
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by GAR3TH(m): 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2011
Onlytruth:

Does anyone know the route of this rail line? What cities does it transit through?
The viability depends on the route. Simple.

Page 16 and 17

http://fmt.gov.ng/uploads/NTM_Summary_July_2006.pdf
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by tEsLim(m): 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2011
Well someone should contact the company with the link to this news and get information from the company them later a counter publication can be published
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by ideylaff: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2011
Before you all start making fun of another company's website or presence on the internet,

Ive seen worse in our domain , guys,

see awa Central Bank website like a spam site

http://www.cenbank.org/

see AirTel sef,

http://www.ng.airtel.com/

see African Petroleum as well

http://www.applcng.com/

http://www.applcng.com/about/people.asp

All the above companies are PLC bar CBN and they are meant to be huge corporations within Nigeria, LOL

Make we no throw stones ooo as we dey live for Glass house,

Sometimes a companies website does not do justice to the service they provide, as much as a website is a huge selling and presence point for any corporation
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^ Well, I will not forgive an American/Canadian company for having such a website. Nigerian companies -- **puft!

I definitely could not see myself investing even $20 bucks in a company with such a storefront . . . I will be too afraid to do that. lol
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by ideylaff: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^ Well, I will not forgive an American/Canadian company for having such a website. Nigerian companies -- **puft!   

I definitely could not see myself investing even $20 bucks in a company with such a storefront . . . I will be too afraid to do that. lol

Lord Kobo, You are very right sha, if one looks @ it that way/4rm that angle,

then again My Lord Kobo, I cant find and picture like that on theor website ooo, or is it a mix up of home page, on here

see what I get when i search on the company, not as bad as the one bn pasted around on NL right now,

http://www.newdawndevelopments.com/

wink
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Aderupoko2: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
Eeeh,iro nii,na lie them dey talk grin If you believe this,you'll believe anything.Naijah shaaar grin grin grin

Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2011
ideylaff:

Lord Kobo, You are very right sha, if one looks @ it that way/4rm that angle,

then again My Lord Kobo, I cant find and picture like that on theor website ooo, or is it a mix up of home page, on here

see what I get when i search on the company, not as bad as the one bn pasted around on NL right now,

http://www.newdawndevelopments.com/

wink

http://www.newdawndevelopments.com/contact-us.html

Is this not the same site?
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by MMM2(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
sorry i will still use my private jet angry
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by basadenet: 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2011
That kind of money should have been used to fix Electricity. Electricity has more benefits than rail line.
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2011
basadenet:

That kind of money should have been used to fix Electricity. Electricity has more benefits than rail line.
That, I disagree with! Both are of equal importance in this day and age.
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by hothead(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
the many economic benefits of a good transport system can be seem in developed countries. Instead of discouraging or bad mouthing, why not scrutinize, spot loop holes and suggests possible solutions. That's how smart individuals act, http://adeakure-sida.myminicity.com/tra
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by member744593: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2011
legend has it that the history of failed attempts to construct Nigerian Railway systems dated back to the Shehu Shagari Government (1979-1983), followed by Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida, Sani Abacha and Olushegun Obasanjo who signed $8.3 Billion for the construction of the failed Lagos-Kano 1315Km Railway.

It is very funny to me that most Nigerians are still living in fools paradize hoping that "Nigerian Go Sure Better" by the Goodluck Jonathan led Government to nod their heads to this kind of rediculous Proposal worth $15Billion,Hey Dudes Open your eyes, na OYO we de so, the company website is total bullshit and this another means to carry siphon money and no one is holding them responsible.
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Kobojunkie: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^^^ There is a Nigerian Railway System. It is still in function to this day! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by newdawn2: 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2011
I am the Chairman of New dawn the company to (boo) to build Own and operate the Railway. the website you are all looking at is not associated with our company. WE are serious people and will build it employ thousands of Nigerians. Start the industrialization of Nigeria . Get gov to move we are ready.
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Librate(m): 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2011
am tired of hearing project project. let the work finish then we know
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Librate(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2011
Librate:

am tired of hearing project project. let the work finish then we know
CONGRATULATIONS YOUR FIRST POST ON NAIRALAND WAS FUNNY
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by Librate(m): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2011
new dawn:

I am the Chairman of New dawn the company to (boo) to build Own and operate the Railway. the website you are all looking at is not associated with our company. WE are serious people and will build it employ thousands of Nigerians. Start the industrialization of Nigeria . Get gov to move we are ready.
Librate:

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR FIRST POST ON NAIRALAND WAS FUNNY
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by edogirl2: 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2011
it won't happen. 1- look around the world, very few rail projects are profitable. most require continuous gov't subsidy. 2- even assuming a 5billion dollar contribution, the govt doesn't have that kind of money lying fallow somewhere. it may need to borrow to raise such amount. no one borrows to invest in & subsidise what's almost certain to be an unprofitable business 3 - a banker sitting in wall street or city of London will take less than 30 seconds to dismiss this proposal. they wont lend a consortium 10 billion dollars to invest in rail in Nigeria. just wont happen. 4 - partnering with a supremely bureaucratic fed govt when you've borrowed billions of dollars is financial suicide. few institutions in the world has the ability to frustrate as the fed govt. what happens when the next govt says its not going to continue with the project, or the foreign investors find out the last minister made off with the govt contribution & now lives large in china or Dubai. i can go on.
Re: $15bn Lagos-calabar Rail-line Underway by edogirl2: 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2011
best to let the govt embark on such project/frivolity herself. hopefully, they'll first fix more urgent problems like light, the structural imbalance in the economy etc we are still waiting for them to fix lagos-ibadan; lagos - benin; 2nd niger bridge, several yrs after they promised. what a joke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov.wike Live On Sunrise Daily. / What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye / Sanwo-Olu Vows To Put An End To Maternal, Child Mortality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.