Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man (7147 Views)

Lagos School Abduction: Kidnapper Demands N20m Per Student.. / Housewife Dies In Kidnapper’s Home In Lagos(photo) / Kidnapper Arrested In Owerri After Withdrawing Ransom From Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by eghost247(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
Sun of god:

This seems fishy. . ,  No witnesses?

Hope the old man has not staged his own kidnap to collect his inheritance from Mikel.

Its possible. . . . .

Mikel should call his bluff and refuse to pay -  grin
how can u say such im sure the boy is taking good care of his father why would u even think such
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by Sunofgod(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
eghost247:

how can u say such im sure the boy is taking good care of his father why would u even think such

If he's taking such good care of his father then why is he working still at his age?

And moving around without any security?

Look at Mikels career and it would seem he's a selfish man. He certainly puts himself before his country and his people.
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by evatee(m): 1:09am On Aug 17, 2011
@Daomi, Bluetooth and Texther

I pity ur conditions
if u guyz dont have better things to do why cant u start counting the
number of bridges we have in Lagos than to be attacking the Man United fans
of Kidnappin Mikel's father
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by 677ano(m): 2:04am On Aug 17, 2011
I read the post of most of you justifying kidnapping angry
well for your information the poor are not immune to kidnapping the rate at which kidnapping is being allowed to go on in Nigeria.

Until Nigerians stand up as they have done in Egypt, and other countries to fight these menace they would soon be kidnapping the poor when there is no more rich people to kidnap.

Rather than rejoicing at his misfortune as some of you have posted here you should support him by saying no to kidnapping
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by caspapa(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2011
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/08/17/2623660/kidnappers-make-contact-with-family-of-chelsea-midfielder

The kidnappers of Michael Obi, the father of Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, have made contact with the family.

The midfielder’s father has not been seen since Friday evening, but the family have now received two phone calls from the abductors.
Don't MissDe Bruyne still hopeful of Chelsea dealPulis: AVB comments blown out of proportionAnelka ready to leave Chelsea - reportTorres will find form soon - Chelsea's CechFeruz set to join Chelsea from Celtic - reportJuventus not giving up on Alex - report
Despite finding out the news of his father going missing on Saturday, Mikel played in Sunday’s 0-0 draw for Chelsea away at Stoke.

A family source told KickOffNigeria.com: “They called mummy [Mikel’s mother] and told her that we should not bother looking for Daddy in Jos because he has been taken to Lagos."

A second call from the abductors was also made to the family revealing the location of the car which Mr. Obi was driving when he was taken.

But Tony Obi, the eldest of the Obi children, refused to say where the car had been found.

He said: “Yes, we have found the car. I can't say anything more for now.”

Mikel had earlier made an emotional plea on TV appealing to his father’s abductors for his safe return.

"I've always tried to help the country, this is the time for the country to help me," Mikel told Sky Sports News.

"Whoever knows where my dad is should please contact me."
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by medocity(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
It is rather sad and unfortunate that this perpetrators are always spoiling the reputation of we Nigerians and destroying out image in the outside world, I wonder why it should the father of a notable footballer in African and recently was named seventh highest earning player in Africa, Should this be, It all in cover pages of all local and foreign news and press pages, He served this Country wholeheartedly and it this the way to pay him back, He served this country to the call and now for some people to start talking rubbish that he is being paid for serving the nation, not at all he only receives bonus.
Please lets all be serious here nairalanders, Mikel Obi's father doesn't worth being kidnapped cos he has done nothing to anyone and neither offended anybody, Please let Mikel's father go, My trusted Midfielder
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by agitator: 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2011
when some people allocate and share the commonwealth of the people it degenerates to these conditions.

The problem is still at genesis but the time it gets to revelation even the poor will be crying sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by SirVee(m): 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2011
This country cannot be run by indecisiveness or luck or 'time heals'! It is high time to call a spade a spade and pass DEATH PENALTY on kidnappers!
GEJ, national assembly and the Judiciary need to bring back sanity to Nigeria.
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by Okijajuju1(m): 11:50pm On Aug 17, 2011
Is it me or are we all shying away from the truth,

Kidnapping is here to stay until such a time as when sumtyn more profitable crops up, I remember when fake cheques was hot, Then armed roberry increased then came Yahoo, Now its kidnappings, When the Niger-delta boys started it as a political statement when kidnappers were released without a ransom, den it became popular and more profitable, Now rather than rob u at gunpoint for petty cash you have on you, I rob your account without getting to the bank,

I'm sorry Mikel, pay them their money, I have little pity for him, He has never taken us seriously since he got to Chelsea, He got News of his fathers kidnap minutes before a matxh yet was still mentally fit and alert to play yet we invite you for a game you feign injury to get off,

Pay the money, Shikina, If you vex, no play for us again.
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by mobillon: 12:23am On Aug 18, 2011
Latest news is the kidnappers have contacted Mikel obi's family. Have demanded #20million ransom. They have also said the father  has been spirited to Lagos, he is no longer in Jos. So we wait for conclusive confirmation that the FCC(Federal Communications Commission) is yet another blatant lying, crookish thieving  government organization. The greedy bastards at the FCC collected 6 Billion dollars to facilitate the registration of SIM cards. MTN, GLO, Airtell etc were doing the registration free of charge but FCC claimed the billions from the Govt. They said their registration will stop kidnapping, but it has increase. the FCC are blatant crooks worst than the Kidnappers.

The Kidnappers say Obi's father is in lagos. This is a lie. Obi is an ibo and those that know much abt his activities are ibos. besides Nnewi is now the new capital of Kidnapping in Naija, so I believe Mikel's dad must be in the south East, not lagos, possibly in Nnewi. The very least the FCC should do is to use the phone info provided by the family to tell us which part of the country the kidnappers are. The FCC is a greedy, corrupt organisation that is in-efficient and has nothing to contribute to Naija. The Directors should all be sacked and replaced with more competent individuals that can use the powerful tools in the telecoms sector to  deter crime
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by agitator: 8:17am On Aug 18, 2011
Okija_juju:

Is it me or are we all shying away from the truth,

Kidnapping is here to stay until such a time as when sumtyn more profitable crops up, I remember when fake cheques was hot, Then armed roberry increased then came Yahoo, Now its kidnappings, When the Niger-delta boys started it as a political statement when kidnappers were released without a ransom, den it became popular and more profitable, Now rather than rob u at gunpoint for petty cash you have on you, I rob your account without getting to the bank,

I'm sorry Mikel, pay them their money, I have little pity for him, He has never taken us seriously since he got to Chelsea, He got News of his fathers kidnap minutes before a matxh yet was still mentally fit and alert to play yet we invite you for a game you feign injury to get off,

Pay the money, Shikina, If you vex, no play for us again.

thank u my brother. that's why i support our tradition, because dem no dey lie at all. when only juju been dey operate we been no dey see all these nonsense
Re: Mikel Begs Kidnapper To Let Him Go,he's An Old Man by lastpage: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
Now that his father has been found hale and hearty, no one is telling us 'How much exchanged hand, if any at all"!

Most curious and astonishing of the information his father gave was when he said "Soldiers were amongst his abductors"!

Lord have mercy! shocked

This country needs surgery, real baaad! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Parade 92 Suspects In Enugu, Recover Arms / Super TV CEO Killer Filmed At Her Shop Weeks Before The Killing / Photos:“no Amount Of Gun Shot Can Penetrate My Body”–alleged Eiye Cult Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.