Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,753 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi (30931 Views)

Why Is Peter Obi Quiet On This Critical Issue / Labour Party Makes Inroads Into NASS, Clinches 6 Senate, 34 Reps Seats / FFK: The Muslim North May Retain Power For The Next 20 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2022
Abdul05:
Everybody knows even the outside observers know that obi the idiot is a dullard ... grin grin

Now that the idiot is out of race so let us talk about Atiku and tinubu.... grin grin

I have never seen a more st*pid comment like yours
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by greatiyk4u(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2022
Here is the Summary

Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Eriokanmi: 11:13am On Oct 08, 2022
Haha! What am I seeing? The Baruten man had finally become fully obidient, his uncle too? Wonderful! More to come , peeps..I love this. Urchins, join us
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by SMGGroup: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Take the statistics of those shouting Obi left and right... You don't need to look elsewhere for those supporting a candidate because of tribe.
For us, we're desirous of results and progress. Therefore, the competence, capacity, and antecedents of the contestants are the key considerations. You don't approach intelligent people with also these primordial sentiments and empty talks that provide no enviable references but only promises by a crooked politician who can do anything (including jumping from one party to another, lying, and quoting wrong statistics) to deceive the gullible followers.

When Igbos were supporting Obasanjo, Yaradua and Atiku, it was not because of tribe, now that they support Obi, it suddenly amounts to tribalism.

Not saying some Igbos are not tribalistic, same way some Yoruba's and Hausa are tribalistic. Whatever rocks your boat

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Snapchat: 11:20am On Oct 08, 2022
MANDIPUTIN:

So in all the epistle that Farooq wrote this is the only thing you could deduce from it.
Igbos voted Abiola, they voted Obasanjo & they said they want to vote Obi this time.
And your tribalistic acumen was triggered. Pity!

The tribalist here is you, pitobi and your people. Yoruba people will always be greater than you.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by kamalbob(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2022
Hmm oya keep deceiving them, but the truth is more than 70% of northerners don't even know this Peter obi. And the remaining 30% that know who he is, doesn't believe that an igbo will ever meant good to northerners especially Muslims. And they are right, igbos hate us so bad that they can't even hide it anymore. That's why we can't trust them.

I'm talking from experience, I have been to the east and all what I saw is hate, discrimination, and sentiment from the hotel staff where I lodged down to the street vendors I approached trying to buy something. That's why I thanked God that I made the right decision serving in the south-south instead. As I was heading home after my short stay in the East, I keep wondering why my fellow Northern Muslims decided to live in this kinda toxic environment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by garfield1: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2022
Cc agboriotejoye, kyase,trinitycian, kperogi captured everything.nw is sitting aloof,atiku is only popular among ne Muslims but not in borno yobe.northern xtians are going towards obi.kperogi uncle confusion shows that the northerners are thinking of tinubu and atiku equally.both will evenly share votes,no one will have an outright win.
Finally,atiku is too liberal and not fanatical to endear himself to northern Muslims.they don't like him much.a massive win in sw will be enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by atinga1: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2022
jumper524:
massob was already dead as at when yaradua assumed office. Through out Jonathan Era we didn't know they exist until he lost his election.
Massob was rendered useless by Obasanjo. Endless arrests, prolonged detention and harassment, got to them finally.
Obasanjo was fair to igbos too, so MASSOB did not get much support.
IPOB was already active during the time of Jonathan, but his government nipped the agitation on the bud.
Buhari chose war instead of using common sense, and he ended up making IPOB popular.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Getsaved(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2022
KEVIND:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2022/10/peter-obis-quiet-inroads-into-muslim.html?m=1

Wow ! Very interesting article, educative, full of fact and very objective. Kudos to the writer. This is the kind of write-up I like to see about Peter obi
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Onewazobia(m): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2022
chimeee:
I'm formal drug Lord turn political,I run my government like drug cartel, placing my loyalist in key positions to do my bidden, my followers are all zombies, nothing I ever said is true, but I made them believe me and make them call the truthful ones liers, I place them in chains and make them love their chains. Who am I ?
T AKA Emilokan
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by nasirujj(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
kettykin:
What then happens to Yusuf, so some Northerners have apathy towards Peter Obi because of Biafra but have no apathy towards Atiku, kwanwaso because of bandits, Boko Haram, herdsmen.

I still think the problem of Nigeria is largely ignorance and partly unlearned affliction arising from unleashed tribal fears and hatred. This is not resolved amicably then one day Russia Vs Ukraine will happen here

The difference is crystal clear cos even on nairaland when bht and bandits strike both the north and south condemn it. But when when biafra and unknown gunmen strike the north condemn it while the east hail them both offline and online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by ajidikun: 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
Munamoqel:
faruk always manufacture fiction to decieve readers .A uk train Medical doctor is too smart to be asking a US based teacher who to vote for!
Farooq never said his parternal uncle is a medical doctor,he said a UK trained medical personnel. Go back and cross check,or is it because the narative did not favour your principal.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by LongT(m): 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
chimeee:
I'm formal drug Lord turn political,I run my government like drug cartel, placing my loyalist in key positions to do my bidden, my followers are all zombies, nothing I ever said is true, but I made them believe me and make them call the truthful ones liers, I place them in chains and make them love their chains. Who am I ?
Tinubu
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by ChristineC: 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
zionstaar75:
I fear that datti doesn't really have the influence. Obi should have chosen a politician
it's time Nigerians look past career politicians. they have nothing to offer.
whatever Datti can do in the north should be enough.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by lukency(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2022
SMGGroup:

On the contrary, Igbos are the only ethnic group that have always voted and supported other tribes.
From Obasanjo, to Yaradua and Atiku, and to Jonathan.

It baffles me how you don't see yourself as a tribalist judging from your above comment
It's a liar, you did all these out of no choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by ogbologbo1000(m): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
Farouk and lies
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Neoteny7: 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Gringory
Atiku
Tinubu
Kwankwaso

They should all go burn in hell. They're part of the same system that got us into this mess.

Nigeria deserves better
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Mamaafrik1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
Obi should take advantage of the Hausafalulani AM and SW ranged Radio station in the North,he why.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Freethinker87: 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
PointZerom:

Tinubu
No primary or secondary school education but he graduated from Chicago University.

This is the wonder of the age.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Mamaafrik1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
RuddyFusion:
LP and OBI shouid pay attention to Rural areas in both the south and the north....that's where most of the vote theifing takes place
F.M and A.M radio station (night 5-10 p.m for southern Nigeria)(he should check for Muslim praying times in the North) will do the rural magic in Native languages.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Scientheosopher(m): 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
"Because Obi is making a mark, however imperceptible, in these regions where he was previously unknown, we should recognize that he is no longer the underdog that he once was. In order to avoid a repeat of Buhari, critical citizens should ask Obi hard, soul-searching questions because he could be president.

For example, why did he allow the Anambra State University branch of ASUU to go on strike for more than six months and even going so far as to sack the school’s vice chancellor “because of his alleged romance with the striking workers of the university,” according to the Daily Sun of January 19, 2011. How is he different from Buhari in this regard?

Why did he allow doctors in Anambra State to go on strike for 13 months, which led to many needless deaths? The doctors called off their strike without Obi meeting their demands. And he implemented the no-work-no-pay rule when Anambra civil servants went on strike to demand to be paid minimum wage.

While he was governor of Anambra, he played typical Nigerian politics of divide and rule. He played Catholics against Anglicans and even stigmatized political opponents as “Yoruba” people, according to Professor Okey Ndibe who wrote extensively on him.

“It is similarly appalling that a governor who reportedly has ambitions for higher political office could not restrain himself from disparaging Mr. Ngige as a Yoruba candidate,” Ndibe wrote in his April 18, 2011, column titled “Peter Obi, Akunyili and Political Folly.” “Even if we accepted the silly argument that the ACN was a Yoruba party – so what? Is the governor allergic to forging political alliances with the Yoruba? Is he not aware that such appeals to base, ethnic sentiments would return to haunt him if he ever seeks to be a political player at the national level?”

That was prophetic. This doesn’t make Obi any worse than his opponents. But because he could be president, we should interrogate him so we won’t be blindsided".

The above allegations/questions should and must be urgently addressed by Peter Obi. Because the presidential seat is too country-unifying to be occupied by someone who is biased and has little regard for law and fairness.

As for those that would say "nobody is perfect" as such he should be excused, especially because alternatives seem worse should be reminded that old habits die hard. If he gets away with them, he will likely do worst if elected, as being done by president Buhari.
#Thanks Farooq A. Kperogi, and the poster! It's a worthy read.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by VERDA: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
Okealaaye:
Na wa for Politics o! So those people in whose states Peter Obi is making inroads are no longer Hausa and Fulani Cows? So one of them who's Nigeria's president is no longer Bubu, Cloned Buhari, the Vegetable and Jubril of Sudan? What's it that Expediency will not make a desperate presidential candidate do? Tinubu who has been making his own inroads since 1999 was cursed by them because according to them, he brought the calamity called Buhari - a northerner o! Alex Ekwueme who was vice president to one of these Fulani Cows has remained blameless till today. Their forgotten leader, Azikiwe, who formed alliance with these Fulani Cows in 1959 and 1978 has remained blameless till today. These people are genuine Pharisees, if you ask me. Now, Bingo is returning to its vomit and it's chewing it as a cow would the cud, and yet they're clapping! The Almight God must have created the Igbo using the leftovers of the clay he worked with on Saturday night, when he was already done with His work of Creation and was about to cease from His exertions of the previous six days! What a people!

Just see the trash this one is typing, we are talking about electing a competent leader with capacity and your on about ethnic politics...that's the only game you lots know how to play, devide people along ethnic lines, it will not work this time, people are smarter, and I mean people from most parts of the country and not just the southeast cos in your silly minds only Igbo's support Obi...I had no idea I was Igbo.

Has whatever fears people or the ethnic group your castigating had about Buhari not all come to pass?? are we not in a deeper mess than we were over 7 years ago??, So please what exactly is your point??

The old drug baron thinks Nigeria is his property with stupid statements like * it's my turn *...I don't blame him, I blame the people that have been giving him false godlike status. we will tell him with our votes that Nigeria belongs to Nigerians. No more ethnic politics. Nigeria must rise.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by akbonus: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
kettykin:
What then happens to Yusuf, so some Northerners have apathy towards Peter Obi because of Biafra but have no apathy towards Atiku, kwanwaso because of bandits, Boko Haram, herdsmen.

I still think the problem of Nigeria is largely ignorance and partly unlearned affliction arising from unleashed tribal fears and hatred. This is not resolved amicably then one day Russia Vs Ukraine will happen here

OGA YOU ARE SO SO INTELLIGENT.THIS IS THE SAME THING I SAID WATCHING AN INTERVIEW IN AIT WHERE ONE HON BWALA WHO SAYS HE IS ATIKU SPOKESMAN,HE SAID IF YOU ASK OBI TO DENY IPOB AND SAY IF HE BECOMES THE PRESIDENT HE WILL DEAL WITH THEM HE CANNOT DO THAT.THIS SAME MAN HAS FORGOTTEN SO EARLY THAT ATIFKU TWEETED ABOUT DEBORAH SAMUEL'S DEATH AND IN LESS THAN ONE HOUR HE GOT OVER A 1000 TREAT TO HIS POLITICAL AMBITION AND THE TWEET WAS DELETED.NOW THE QUESTION,CAN ATIFKU DECLARE BOKO HARAM,ISWAP,BANDITS AND HERDSMEN TERRORIST GROUP AND CALL FOR THE IMMEDIATE ARREST AND PROSECUTION OF THE KILLERS OF DEBORAH SAMUEL?THE ANSWER IS NO,WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER.ONE COUNTRY WITH DOUBLE STANDARD.NIGERIA CAN NEVER GO FORWARD WITH SUCH THINKING,EVERYONE IS CALLING OBI IPOB SYMPATHISER WITH NO EVIDENCE,BUT CANNOT CALL ATIKU OR KWANKWASO A BOKO HARAM SYMPATHISER.NONSENSE EVERYWHERE.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by SMGGroup: 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
lukency:
It's a liar, you did all these out of no choice.
Bring Okorocha to LP instead of Obi and see whether Igbos will vote for him. I will rather vote Atiku, Osibanjo or Zulum than vote Rochas
Not everyone is like you
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by VERDA: 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2022
lukency:
Samething igbos do to other tribes.

But Igbo's voted Shagari, Obasanjo, Yaradua, Goodluck, Atiku...

Please which if the above named are of the south east decent, all these ethnic bigots.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by CSTRR: 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Okealaaye:
Na wa for Politics o! So those people in whose states Peter Obi is making inroads are no longer Hausa and Fulani Cows? So one of them who's Nigeria's president is no longer Bubu, Cloned Buhari, the Vegetable and Jubril of Sudan? What's it that Expediency will not make a desperate presidential candidate do? Tinubu who has been making his own inroads since 1999 was cursed by them because according to them, he brought the calamity called Buhari - a northerner o! Alex Ekwueme who was vice president to one of these Fulani Cows has remained blameless till today. Their forgotten leader, Azikiwe, who formed alliance with these Fulani Cows in 1959 and 1978 has remained blameless till today. These people are genuine Pharisees, if you ask me. Now, Bingo is returning to its vomit and it's chewing it as a cow would the cud, and yet they're clapping! The Almight God must have created the Igbo using the leftovers of the clay he worked with on Saturday night, when he was already done with His work of Creation and was about to cease from His exertions of the previous six days! What a people!
Tinubu said he does not believe in Nigeria.
So why does he want to govern us?

Besides, what has obi got to do with the nonesense you wrote?
Did obi call anybody ''cow''?
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by CSTRR: 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
kamalbob:
Hmm oya keep deceiving them, but the truth is more than 70% of northerners don't even know this Peter obi. And the remaining 30% that know who he is, doesn't believe that an igbo will ever meant good to northerners especially Muslims. And they are right, igbos hate us so bad that they can't even hide it anymore. That's why we can't trust them.

I'm talking from experience, I have been to the east and all what I saw is hate, discrimination, and sentiment from the hotel staff where I lodged down to the street vendors I approached trying to buy something. That's why I thanked God that I made the right decision serving in the south-south instead. As I was heading home after my short stay in the East, I keep wondering why my fellow Northern Muslims decided to live in this kinda toxic environment.
And yet, your people have community there.
Living and marrying.

I even doubt you are from the north. Yoruba batists are well known to formenting division.

If you like vote peter obi, if you like don't.

Everybody will get the country they deserve.
After you have finished voting, you have the next 8yrs to manage the nonsense you have voted for.

No be me go feed you na.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by jamjo: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
[quote author=Abdul05 post=117371081]Everybody knows even the outside observers know that obi the idiot is a dullard ... grin grin

Now that the idiot is out of race so let us talk about Atiku and tinubu.... grin grin

[/quot

I'm sure you didn't read the article or maybe you are slow in comprehension
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Decent09(m): 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2022
Munamoqel:
faruk always manufacture fiction to decieve readers .A uk train Medical doctor is too smart to be asking a US based teacher who to vote for!
Hmmm. Don't think like that. Political enlightenment does not have anything to do with education. It has to do more with awareness.
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by ogbonti: 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
JASONjnr:
I read alot about urchins asking Obidients what Peter Obi did in Anambra state....And when asked the same question, they will say that Tinubu lay the foundation of good governance.

The other person went ahead to say that, other governors of Anambra state outperformed Peter Obi.

They refused to accept that Obi saved money for other governors to make use of. But wants us to believe that Tinubu who did nothing but converted Lagos state to his private business did a good job to be appointing Managers that will manage Lagos for him while he's the CEO of Lagos state.

The North will gradually get in touch with the reality. I believe that Datti is doing little to influence the region. He needs to do more to create awareness if he wants to win with Peter Obi.

WHAT STUPID foundation did Tinubu lay down in Lagos? the foundation of god fatherism, thuggery, intimidation, looting, favoritism, manipulation and imposition of candidates on the party? turning Lagos into a one-party (APC) state where only his handpicked candidate wins every election and opposition party is non-existent? Is that what we want NIGERIA to become ?
Re: Peter Obi’s Quiet inroads into the Muslim North By Farooq A. Kperogi by TrumpDonald2: 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
Abdul05:
Everybody knows even the outside observers know that obi the idiot is a dullard ... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola Throwing T-shirts, Recharge Cards In Surulere / Ilorin Chief Imam Released After Arrest For Calling Yorubas To Take Over Kwara / 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.