Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

How To Win Elections In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Win Elections In Nigeria. (258 Views)

Two Oyo State Monarchs Claim To Help Politicians Win Elections With Juju / Lepers To President Buhari: You Abandoned Us After Helping You Win Elections / Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Win Elections In Nigeria. by Poten111: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
KEEP YOUR F@CKING EMOTIONS ON CHECK AND BE STRATEGIC!

That's the only way to win elections and get results.

Obidients are everywhere campaigning for their candidate. Do you know what the poor masses have in common? A weak and emotional sense of judgement.

I must reiterate this again. A vote for OBI IS A VOTE FOR TINUBU!! Apc has 22 governors and is the ruling party. Being ambitious and emotional will take you to the fire you are running from.

Don't come back here to wail. Emotions and no strategy does not win elections. Being over-ambitious does not win election.

Tinubu is not your mate in politics. To outwork him, you must be calculating and strategic!

Don't say you were not warned!
Re: How To Win Elections In Nigeria. by David160(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Pdp won't blackmail me into voting for Atiku.. I used to be moved by this statement "A vote for obi will make Tinubu president" but not anymore.

Pdp told us that South east has no electoral value and can't win elections.. They said only a northerner like Atiku can bring them back to power. Their argument was that once Atiku secures the ticket he'll win in a landslide.

Now here u are telling me a southerner.. An igbo man to leave a southern candidate and vote a northerner to take over from a northerner why?

If the north will only vote northerners why shouldn't I, a southerner back a southerner.

I am voting obi because I believe he's the best candidate... If Tinubu wins cox vote is divided then that's PDP's problem not mine..

If obi has so much influence as to divided the vote of the opposition then pdp bleeped up by letting him leave the party and for that they should pay the price.
Re: How To Win Elections In Nigeria. by Frayol007: 7:57am On Oct 09, 2022
Stop being emotional and think critically.

If Atiku looses and APC wins it will takes 16years before southeast can even have another shot at the presidency but with Atiku the next president after him will be an Igbo man.

You and I know peter obi cannot win this election except your emotions have clouded sense of critical reasoning.

There is a Yoruba adage that says "ti Aba ri Adan a ofi olo sebo" (without the preferred sacrifice ingredients,the alternative will be used as the sacrifice.).

Personally, I prefer Obi but I won't lie to myself his chance of winning his 0% when I say zero I know what I meant. The next president is between ATIKU and Tinubu it's entirely up us to chose the alternative.

The party delegates already failed us by given us those two criminals. it's up to us to choose the better of the two.

In addition as political enlightened as United States is the voters only chose between Dementia affected and corrupt 78years sleepy Joe Biden and crazy, controversial and umpresidential Donald trump.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Win Elections In Nigeria. by Poten111: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2022
David160:
Pdp won't blackmail me into voting for Atiku.. I used to be moved by this statement "A vote for obi will make Tinubu president" but not anymore.

Pdp told us that South east has no electoral value and can't win elections.. They said only a northerner like Atiku can bring them back to power. Their argument was that once Atiku secures the ticket he'll win in a landslide.

Now here u are telling me a southerner.. An igbo man to leave a southern candidate and vote a northerner to take over from a northerner why?

If the north will only vote northerners why shouldn't I, a southerner back a southerner.

I am voting obi because I believe he's the best candidate... If Tinubu wins cox vote is divided then that's PDP's problem not mine..

If obi has so much influence as to divided the vote of the opposition then pdp bleeped up by letting him leave the party and for that they should pay the price.

Be ready to pay for your actions. Don't scream marginalisation tomorrow.
Re: How To Win Elections In Nigeria. by Poten111: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2022
David160:

If obi has so much influence as to divided the vote of the opposition then pdp bleeped up by letting him leave the party and for that, they should pay the price.

Again, elections are not won on emotions. Nobody chased Obi out of PDP. He went out because he could not compete.

All I am saying is that the masses have a weak sense of judgement. In politics, you must compromise. It is not an ideal movement. We are at a cross road. Do we choose Obi that we love and loose out. Or do we choose the closest possible best and gain victory. Tinubu is not your mate in politics. You cannot win such a man with your love and weak emotional state.

Politicians will be politicians.
Re: How To Win Elections In Nigeria. by David160(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2022
Poten111:

Again, elections are not won on emotions. Nobody chased Obi out of PDP. He went out because he could not compete.

All I am saying is that the masses have a weak sense of judgement. In politics, you must compromise. It is not an ideal movement. We are at a cross road. Do we choose Obi that we love and loose out. Or do we choose the closest possible best and gain victory. Tinubu is not your mate in politics. You cannot win such a man with your love and weak emotional state.

Politicians will be politicians.

Let Atiku deliver the north massively first after all that's why pdp choose him over a southerner.. If he can't even get the north his region to back him, then why should the south stick out their head out for him.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Hopeful Of $3bn Private Funding For 4th Mainland Bridge – PPP Boss / This Is What One Of The Strongest Campaigner Of Tinubu Have To Say About Him / ‘my Job Is Done’: Obasanjo Gives Up Seat For Peter Obi At Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.