Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Why do you go to church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why do you go to church? (8677 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 10:07am On Oct 09, 2022
Many go to church for classic reasons, others attend because of miracles, or maybe healing and deliverance.

Some other rush in, because they heard the man of God is very powerful, what's your driving force going to church every Sunday......?

A wonderful soul said this and I was really blessed.......

NinjaXmetahuman:
People go to church cos it's something they have trained themself to do not because it's something they really wanna do.
That's why their behaviour or nothing changes whenever they come back from church.

Most christians grow up going to church every sunday to the point that they feel it's something they have to do every Sunday and they feel incomplete if they didn't go to church.

A sinner will come back to his sin after church. Some even take the sin to church cos most of them don't know why they are going to church anyways

They just go to fulfill all righteousness.

Like I always say, A true christian is the one that converts to Christianity when he is above 18. Not the one born a Christian or brainwashed from childhood.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do you go to church? by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2022
Sunnyshinylight:
Many go to church for classic reasons, others attend because of miracles, or maybe healing and deliverance.

Some other rush in, because they heard the man of God is very powerful, what's your driving force going to church every Sunday......?

I agree.
Re: Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 10:21am On Oct 09, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
I agree.

You are awesome. Thanks for sharing with us.
Re: Why do you go to church? by jetwonder(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2022
grin I go to church to worship God!

3 Likes

Re: Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 11:01am On Oct 09, 2022
jetwonder:
grin I go to church to worship God!

How do you worship the God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do you go to church? by sonmvayina(m): 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
To collect numbers for hook up..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why do you go to church? by jetwonder(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
Sunnyshinylight:

How do you worship the God
grin i worship God in his beauty of his holiness

3 Likes

Re: Why do you go to church? by MrPRevailer(m): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
It's a command.

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Acts 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

Acts 15:30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Hearing others testimonies boost your faith, God has anointed servants/shepherds he want you to listen to them, praising/praying as a congregation is powerful, offering/tithe is required by God, boost your relationship with the brethren etc.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 4:24am On Oct 13, 2022
MrPRevailer:
It's a command.

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Acts 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

Acts 15:30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Hearing others testimonies boost your faith, God has anointed servants/shepherds he want you to listen to them, praising/praying as a congregation is powerful, offering/tithe is required by God, boost your relationship with the brethren etc.

Not forsaking the assembly of ourselves isn't only applicable when you go to church building, visitation applies too, reaching out to those in need is very important.

To go to church is far more than all you listed above, in fact you are just scratching the surface, I believe deep calls to the deep.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 4:25am On Oct 13, 2022
jetwonder:

grin i worship God in his beauty of his holiness

Super

1 Like

Re: Why do you go to church? by MrPRevailer(m): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
Sunnyshinylight:

Not forsaking the assembly of ourselves isn't only applicable when you go to church building, visitation applies too, reaching out to those in need is very important.

To go to church is far more than all you listed above, in fact you are just scratching the surface, I believe deep calls to the deep.

Assemble together is different from visitation or follow-up.
James 1:27 talks about visiting the fatherless. It's a good act.

But we come together to receive ministrations from Gods servants. Him that God has made shepherds, Bishop etc.

1 Timothy 3:1----
"This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work."

1 Peter 2:25 "For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls."

4 Likes

Re: Why do you go to church? by Maynmann: 7:32am On Oct 14, 2022
Sometimes, To learn about greek and semitic gods.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do you go to church? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:38am On Oct 14, 2022
Sunnyshinylight:

Most go to church so that people would not know that they are devils.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why do you go to church? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2022
MrPRevailer:
It's a command.

It is also Commanded

Psalm 26:4-5
4 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. 5 I have hated the congregation of evildoers; and will not sit with the wicked.

Psalm 1:1
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Corinthians 6:14
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

1 Like

Re: Why do you go to church? by paxonel(m): 8:00am On Oct 14, 2022
Brainwashed or no brainwashed you are equally a Christian and are equally saved.

For me, going to church is good for one thing, and that is the connection

1 Like

Re: Why do you go to church? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2022
paxonel:
Brainwashed or no brainwashed you are equally a Christian and are equally saved.

For me, going to church is good for one thing, and that is the connection

Don't deceive yourself, when you are saved, it clearly and indisputably shows like the man who was locked up for 20years until he was saved.

Unless and until the police came to save him, he can deceive himself while he was still in the room.

1 Like

Re: Why do you go to church? by MrPRevailer(m): 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is also Commanded

Psalm 26:4-5
4 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. 5 I have hated the congregation of evildoers; and will not sit with the wicked.

Psalm 1:1
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Corinthians 6:14
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

What are you trying to prove with these?

1 Like

Re: Why do you go to church? by paxonel(m): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Don't deceive yourself, when you are saved, it clearly and indisputably shows like the man who was locked up for 20years until he was saved.
when you hear that a Christian is saved, he is saved from what exactly?

Unless and until the police came to save him, he can deceive himself while he was still in the room.
your illustration is physical occurence or what can happen in this life which doesn't necessarily apply in the sprit.

Salvation is spiritual
Re: Why do you go to church? by Image123(m): 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
i was glad when they said unto me, let us go to the house of my Father.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do you go to church? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
paxonel:
when you hear that a Christian is saved, he is saved from what exactly?

Your illustration is physical occurence or what can happen in this life which doesn't necessarily apply in the sprit.

Salvation is spiritual

And everything spiritual alwaysl manifests, physically as it is always said.

1 Like

Re: Why do you go to church? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:44pm On Oct 14, 2022
MrPRevailer:

What are you trying to prove with these?

Everyone sees the atrocities and abominations committed in church and outside church by the very same people who are supposed to be ensamples of righteousness and the embodiment of holiness, as commanded.

But, they are as atheists and all unrighteous people.
Re: Why do you go to church? by paxonel(m): 3:04am On Oct 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And everything spiritua alwaysl manifests, physically as it is always said.
no!

That statement isn't 100% correct.
They do not always manifest, infact the spirit was never meant to manifest in anything on earth from the beginning of creation. It's just that, God have to intervene on humans sometimes, due to Adam's disobedience

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So, there is separation between the flesh and the spirit

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

So there is flesh or this physical world and it thing separated at one side, while the spirit things are separated at the other side.
The two were not suppose to meet, unless God deem it fit for them to meet only when it is necessary. For instance, a supernatural miracle occurence.

That's why Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world.
Because the kingdom is a spirit thing
Re: Why do you go to church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:30am On Oct 15, 2022
The word "CHURCH" was misconstrued for a building long before now but that's not what the first century Christians mean when they use the Hebrew text translated to Church in our time.
A baptized follower of Christ is a Christian and the gathering of Christians is CHURCH so it's wrong saying someone goes to church since the original meaning of that word doesn't connote a building.
However real Christians do gather for a purpose and that is to encourage one another {Hebrews 10:24-25} and find ways to continue doing the work Jesus assigned to them. Matthew 28:19-20

Today most people go to religous centers just to pray and what they're anticipating is personal things which is wrong in Christianity.
Whatever personal should be discussed with God in private {Matthew 6:6} so when we meet together as Christians it's not to start listing prayer points guessing what each person wish rather it's to make arrangements for the preaching and teaching campaign of God's Kingdom and that's the only thing that brings Jesus into such a gathering {Matthew 18:20} because he is the captain who commissioned the work. As for personal requests Jesus said whether you're a Christian or not God will give all impartially {Matthew 5:45} so speak to God in any language or anyway you know He is ready to give all! Matthew 6:26

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
The word "CHURCH" was misconstrued for a building long before now but that's not what the first century Christians mean when they use the Hebrew text translated to Church in our time.
A baptized follower of Christ is a Christian and the gathering of Christians is CHURCH so it's wrong saying someone goes to church since the original meaning of that word doesn't connote a building.
However real Christians do gather for a purpose and that is to encourage one another {Hebrews 10:24-25} and find ways to continue doing the work Jesus assigned to them. Matthew 28:19-20

Today most people go to religous centers just to pray and what they're anticipating is personal things which is wrong in Christianity.
Whatever personal should be discussed with God in private {Matthew 6:6} so when we meet together as Christians it's not to start listing prayer points guessing what each person wish rather it's to make arrangements for the preaching and teaching campaign of God's Kingdom and that's the only thing that brings Jesus into such a gathering {Matthew 18:20} because he is the captain who commissioned the work. As for personal requests Jesus said whether you're a Christian or not God will give all impartially {Matthew 5:45} so speak to God in any language or anyway you know He is ready to give all! Matthew 6:26

I corrected a brother, that Hebrew 10:24-25, isn't only when you go to church, study, coming together, meeting, it could be at home in the office anywhere you meet together, not necessarily church building please.
Re: Why do you go to church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:55am On Oct 15, 2022
Sunnyshinylight:

I corrected a brother, that Hebrew 10:24-25, isn't only when you go to church, study, coming together, meeting, it could be at home in the office anywhere you meet together, not necessarily church building please.
Hebrews 10:24-25 mustn't be held in an office!

It's strictly theocratic exercise that must not be attached to business activities like office!

1 Like

Re: Why do you go to church? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2022
paxonel:
no!
That statement isn't 100% correct.
They do not always manifest, infact the spirit was never meant to manifest in anything on earth from the beginning of creation. It's just that, God have to intervene on humans sometimes, due to Adam's disobedience

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So, there is separation between the flesh and the spirit

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

So there is flesh or this physical world and it thing separated at one side, while the spirit things are separated at the other side.
The two were not suppose to meet, unless God deem it fit for them to meet only when it is necessary. For instance, a supernatural miracle occurence.

That's why Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world.
Because the kingdom is a spirit thing

Ah! See how you have mixed up everything because you do not understand and now, I know that you are set on not understanding, as you like it the way all is jumbled up in your mind and you do not want anyone here to change it.

So, all I would say is that you are wrong. Everything starts in spirit and ends physically as proven by fornication and adultery aka lust in your heart and mind, which we all know starts in our spirit even before it is implemented physically.
Re: Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Hebrews 10:24-25 mustn't be held in an office!

It's strictly theocratic exercise that must not be attached to business activities like office!

What's more business than my father's business, do you realise the business like kingdom of God?

That Jesus had to proclaim " I must be about my father's business"
Re: Why do you go to church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
Sunnyshinylight:

What's more business than my father's business, do you realise the business like kingdom of God?
That Jesus had to proclaim " I must be about my father's business"

The word OFFICE shouldn't be! smiley
Re: Why do you go to church? by paxonel(m): 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Ah! See how you have mixed up everything because you do not understand and now, I know that you are set on not understanding, as you like it the way all is jumbled up in your mind and you do not want anyone here to change it.

So, all I would say is that you are wrong. Everything starts in spirit and ends physically as proven by fornication and adultery aka lust in your heart and mind, which we all know starts in our spirit even before it is implemented physically.

that's what conventional religion has conceived in your heart to see when you read those scriptures. Not that fornication, adultery or lust were even mentioned anywhere in that scripture.

You hear the words flesh or canally minded the next thing you think in your mind is, it's talking about fornication, adultery and lust grin

Religion don spoil una for Africa finish
Re: Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The word OFFICE shouldn't be! smiley

The kingdom is official
Re: Why do you go to church? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
paxonel:
that's what conventional religion has conceived in your heart to see when you read those scriptures. Not that fornication, adultery or lust were even mentioned anywhere in that scripture.

You hear the words flesh or canally minded the next thing you think in your mind is, it's talking about fornication, adultery and lust grin

Religion don spoil una for Africa finish

It's the easiest and fastest sin you people easlly do which starts from spirit and ends physically. All others like murder, stealing, covetousness may not be implemented physically but forni and adultery are the easily guaranteed ones.
Re: Why do you go to church? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 1:23am On Oct 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It's the easiest and fastest sin you people easlly do which starts from spirit and ends physically. All others like murder, stealing, covetousness may not be implemented physically but forni and adultery are the easily guaranteed ones.

You are right, don't be moved, every sin start spiritual and then manifest physical, stand your ground.

I mean every one of them, including stealing, covetousness and everyone of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth / The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists / Negroes, Negroland And The True Biblical Israelites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.