Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? (1626 Views)

Buhari’s Aides Worry About His Health - Saharareporters / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by SouthEast1: 2:52am On Aug 17, 2011
Imo College of Technological Studies takes off
News    Tuesday, August 16, 2011

By CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI – PLANS have reached advanced stage for the take-off of Imo State College of Advanced Technological Studies in Owerri.

advertisement

In a telephone chat, Special Assistant (Print) to Governor Rochas Okorocha, Mr. Ebere Uzoukwa, said the governor will flag-off construction work on the project today.

He said: "To achieve this target, government has ordered Imo Newspapers to move into the old premises of Imo Broadcasting Corporation, IBC, while the infrastructure and facilities of Imo Newspapers will be converted as temporary site for the new college.

"The college will be affiliated to Imo State University, Owerri, and will offer courses in Oil and Gas, Solar Production Technology, Construction, Information Communication Technology, Automobile and Electrical Technology."

Uzoukwa added that the institution will also focus on "graduate retooling to enhance the productivity of Imo youths and position the state as a major supplier of skilled human resources in Nigeria."
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by SouthEast1: 2:54am On Aug 17, 2011
The man dey craze becase he does thingsdifferently from other Nigrian leaders
cheesy cheesy cheesy
This man, Okorocha, just dey carry first for anything. grin grin grin grin

BTW, retraining of Nigerian graduates is important, seeing how poorly trained they have become in the last few years.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by jamace(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2011
I pray you have more years in office to fulfil your dreams for the benefit of your people. Rochas, I'm behind you.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by iwantto(m): 7:42am On Aug 17, 2011
This is exactly my pattern of leadership. Try as many positive things as possible using very tight budgets.

At the end even if many fails, many will succeed and you will have more successful projects than those sitting by the fence stealing government funds.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by Meddler(f): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2011
Bravo!!
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by hakanai(m): 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
Rochas you are impressive!!!!!
With your kind of ideas and willingness to pilot affairs of your state,one can say you truly are a rare breed in Nigeria. sad sad sad
Wish Ndi Igbo know how to market a person cos i see good product i can vote for, if they drop that there extreme hating of other people. grin grin grin
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by AndreUweh(m): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2011
This may be a good development but at the same time, Imo state University has to be relocated to Etiti. The site of the old Imo state university is still under utilised. It is not proper for every high institution to be located in Owerri. Alternatively, Imo state can establish a state poly at Etiti campus of the old Imo state university.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by velo10: 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
He's doing a great thing and should be encouraged. Craze no dey worry am abeg
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by owellee: 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2011
Well done Gov Owelle Rochas,mr peter obi of anambra state please learn from this man,stop fooling around
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by Dede1(m): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
@OP

Rochas okorocha’s actions in Imo State with regard to education are perpetuation of fool’s theory. Instead of engaging in actions that will build industries and factories that could provide jobs for millions of graduates in Imo State, the governor is still talking about schools which will grind out additional unemployed or unemployable graduates.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by velo10: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

Rochas okorocha’s actions in Imo State with regard to education are perpetuation of fool’s theory. Instead of engaging in actions that will build industries and factories that could provide jobs for millions of graduates in Imo State, the governor is still talking about schools wich will grind out additional unemployed or unemployable graduates.

Abeg we know this guy is controversial but won't it be fair to give him some time before hurling stones his way?
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by rolchi(m): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2011
velo10:

Abeg we know this guy is controversial but won't it be fair to give him some time before hurling stones his way?

Having come from Warri and have seen the Petr. Training Institue and knowing Owerri very well, I doubt if this is sustainable. A specialized college of advanced technologies needs to be well funded. There is need for it to have equipment and facilities that can produce graduates with a good knowledge of technologies even in the highly technology-driven oil and gas industries.

Again, why establish this school in Owerri again. Owerri is over saturated with educational institutions, FUTO, IMSU, POLYNEK, IMOPOLY, AICE. Why not locate this new school in Okigwe or other towns in Imo begging for development.

RAO is trying to invest in this new project, there is TESAC in Orlu. What has he done for that school. Though it is just a skill acquisition center, he should put money there to raise it to a good and reputable school to further develop Orlu. I am not too sure of School of Nursing. I cannot remember if it is a Fed. or State Institution. But these schools as well need attention,

RAO should slow down and govern and stop all these propaganda. Specialized schools of technology need good money and funding and not propaganda to run.

He has ordered them to move into Imo Newspapers, let him order IMSU to move into their permanent site too. Lake Nwaebere is not a conventional location of a conventional university!
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by ifyalways(f): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2011
^I agree with you to some extent. Owerri is filled to the brim.School of Nursing Orlu,Mbano and Amaigbo are all state owned.
btw,,whats TESAC?
Okigwe is more of Abia and besides there is an University there already. undecided
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by Dede1(m): 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2011
velo10:

When a link in food chain is broken, it ensures dire consequences. It is a waste of time, resources and vicious circle of spawning graduates without jobs if Imo State has to be filled to the brink with schools but industries and factories.

I am not sold to feel-happy goofy stuffs and do not buy into diminutive emptiness which is one of many manifestations of fanfarism.

Any governor in Igbo land who is oblivious to the joblessness of young and old graduates in the land should be shot. Imo State needs factories not Schools.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by rolchi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2011
ifyalways:

^I agree with you to some extent. Owerri is filled to the brim.School of Nursing Orlu,Mbano and Amaigbo are all state owned.
btw,,whats TESAC?
Okigwe is more of Abia and besides there is an University there already. undecided

Technical Skills Acquisition Centre, It presently occupies the old site of Alvan Ikoku College of Education, opposite Bishop Shanahan College, Orlu.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by rolchi(m): 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
Then RAO should also invest into these schools of nursing! I have been to School of Nursing in Amaigbo and believe me, government should "rush" some money to that school. I wonder the kind of Nurses they produce from that unfriendly environment.

I think SONCHO (school of nursing and community health owerri) is Fed since it is close to the Fed. Med. Centre.

All these need money and for heaven's sake, why is RAO "toying" with the idea of College of Advanced Technology? angry angry angry
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by ifyalways(f): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2011
rolchi:

Then RAO should also invest into these schools of nursing! I have been to School of Nursing in Amaigbo and believe me, government should "rush" some money to that school. I wonder the kind of Nurses they produce from that unfriendly environment.

I think SONCHO (school of nursing and community health owerri) is Fed since it is close to the Fed. Med. Centre.

All these need money and for heaven's sake, why is RAO "toying" with the idea of College of Advanced Technology? angry angry angry
angry
Na my Alma mata you dey yab like dat.Nursing is even better off,enter Health Tech and Community health for OrieChineke Amaigbo and u'd be shocked.

There are more than enough schools and hotels in Owerri and Imo state generally.Investing in Industries and factories would be a better idea.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by PointB: 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^^^
Investing in factories and industries should not be the job of government. Government at various level has proved to be incapable of running businesses. Focusing of infrastructure and creating enabling environment is what government should be doing. This applies to Rochas.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by rolchi(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
ifyalways:

angry
Na my Alma mata you dey yab like dat.Nursing is even better off,enter Health Tech and Community health for OrieChineke Amaigbo and u'd be shocked.

There are more than enough schools and hotels in Owerri and Imo state generally.Investing in Industries and factories would be a better idea.

Sorry oh! I do not intend it so. I am just angry with the state of "even" schools in Owerri and RAO is going around issuing "orders". I wonder if he thinks of all these schools when he talks of free education and security vote to fund education!

Ok, even if Owerri has comparative advantage over PHC or in the whole of SE in the Tourism/Hospitality Industry, then government of RAO should make the environment conducive for proper tourists that spends heavy cash. What programmes and policies will bring people closer to Owerri with the real cash? There is need for sound health facilities, near perfect security arrangement, efficient road facilities, etc. This will develop Owerri more.

If he does this, this will reduce pressure on PHC and bring some industries there. Again, I hope if he is smart enough to pressure the FG quietly to include a rail route connecting PHC/Owerri direct. This will give Owerri a pseudo-direct access to the sea via PHC to bring raw materials!

Abeg, I tire for RAO!
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by PointB: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^^^
Rochas is about the fastest governor in terms of innovative ideas; he is barely three months old. I think we should give him time to deliver. He has not ran of ideas yet.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by Dede1(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2011
PointB:

^^^^
Investing in factories and industries should not be the job of government. Government at various level has proved to be incapable of running businesses. Focusing of infrastructure and creating enabling environment is what government should be doing. This applies to Rochas.

I agree with your analogy of government and industries. The same analogy is even apparent in negativity with government and schools. The state of schools in Nigeria bore witness to written indictment of government meddling in school business.

Nobody is requesting government to take over industries and factories as it did with schools. The people of Imo State are fully deserving of a government that will engage in setting up infrastructural and political policies geared toward environment conducive for localization of industries and factories in the state.

Since Rochas Okorochas has been sworn-in as governor of Imo State, he has never endeared himself to the dismal situation of unemployment in the state.
Re: This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am? by PointB: 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^^
PointB:

^^^^
Rochas is about the fastest governor in terms of innovative ideas; he is barely three months old. I think we should give him time to deliver. He has not ran of ideas yet.

(1) (Reply)

If We Must Bring Back Subsidy, It Could Be Done This Way / My Friend Where Is Anini? / So-called Tribalism Is A BIG LIE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.