Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect (53090 Views)

Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders A Young Person / Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" / He Was Carrying Abominable Objects - Oba Of Benin Reacts To Chief's Humiliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Islie: 11:15am On Oct 10, 2022
Pandemonium broke out in Ajido community in the Badagry area of Lagos State after the traditional ruler of the community, Saheed Adamson, allegedly beat up one of his high chiefs, Michael Kunnuji, during an argument.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Oba Adamson dealt a blow on Kunnuji, who doubled as his second-in-command, when they had an altercation at the palace.

Our correspondent learnt that some youths threatened to destroy the king’s property over the incident.

However, the intervention of policemen from the Badagry division stopped them from carrying out their threat.

The policemen allegedly refused to make an arrest even after Kunnuji filed a complaint at the station.

A police officer was said to have directed the high chief to the Badagry General Hospital, where he was treated.

A medical report from the hospital, which was obtained by our correspondent, stated that one Inspector Amina Bara referred Kunnuji to the hospital.

The report affirmed that though Kunnuji was conscious when he was brought to the hospital, he was in pain and bled from an injury in the upper part of his eyes.

The high chief, who spoke to our correspondent, said he was assaulted by the monarch when he paid him a visit after returning from Jerusalem.

Kunnuji explained that a crisis started between him and the monarch when he purchased a transformer for the community, a project the king did not support.

He said, “On September 30, 2022, I went to meet the monarch alongside the bishop that came to do thanksgiving for my coronation anniversary. When I got there, I greeted him in our Egun dialect, saying, ‘I hail you, your highness.’ Then he started shouting in public, saying, ‘Do you see him, look at the way he is greeting me.’

He told me I was stupid and I also replied that he was stupid. Before I knew it, he punched me in my face with a ring and blood started coming out. I did not retaliate; I just left his palace with my bloodied face.

I and my lawyer, who was present at the scene, went to the Badagry Police Station to report the assault on my person. After writing a statement, the police said they could not arrest him because he was a king.

“I am filing a case of assault against him; I have employed the services of legal professionals and I will see that I pursue this case and get justice.”

Kunnuji’s counsel, Ganiyu Adeola, said he was taking steps to ensure justice was served.

He said, “We know that nobody is above the law. If an Oba has committed an infraction that is criminal, he must be dealt with accordingly.”

When contacted, the monarch did not confirm or deny the allegations against him.

Adamson, however, said that the high chief could go to court.

He said, “Let him go to court, what is your own problem? Are you not a journalist? Why are you asking me such a question? Why can’t you advise him to go to court? Is this the work of a journalist?”

He hissed and cut off the call.

The DPO of Badagry Police Station, SP Peter Gbesu, denied the allegation that the officers could not arrest or invite the monarch.

He declined further comment and referred our correspondent to the state police spokesperson.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, promised to confirm and get back.

After several attempts to get feedback for days, Hundeyin told our correspondent not to disturb him, saying he could not be forced to react to the incident.

When our correspondent pressed further, emphasising the need to react to allegations of police compromise in the case, the police spokesman promised to get back.

He had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report, as calls placed to his line were not answered, while text messages were not replied.

https://punchng.com/lagos-monarch-allegedly-punches-injures-chief-alleges-disrespect/?amp

Pic: Kunnuji, Medical report (inset) Adamson

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by successmatters(m): 11:15am On Oct 10, 2022
Check very well, Tinubu gave him the certificate to be chief grin

281 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by God1000(m): 11:17am On Oct 10, 2022
This is unacceptable, he thinks he's above the law.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by delzbaba(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2022
A king fighting? maybe one of those agberos their oga jagaban made King in lagos dem, plenty for there.

212 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by hbk001(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2022
Too bad though I'm not surprised it's coming from Tinubu stronghold.
Everything is just about violence and thuggery. Just imagine a traditional ruler trading blows with his chief. And the kind of response he gave the journalist that called him.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by MadeInTokyo: 11:19am On Oct 10, 2022
Awon Eyan Tinubu.....Sons of anarchy and perdition
These are the kind of people are advocating for Tinubu Presidency
Awon Eyan emilokan
He was installed by Tinubu
Tinubu singlehandedly installs Thugs as Monarchs all over Lagos

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:19am On Oct 10, 2022
King wey dey throw punch in public grin

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by FaceTanke: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2022
Common

That's is so unnecessary, what if he had beaten the king up in retaliation

8 Likes

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Asgard73: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2022
Normal

He wan challenge his boss .. he got served

.... Na his mouth and careless talk put a.m. for trouble ..

Many will learn like him after 2023 elections

Media noise no Dey win poll.

Sai waziri

North 2023

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Mrfixitt(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2022
Tinubu's legacy in Lagos. Agberos every where

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Mide70: 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
Agba boxer

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Opolopoopolonio: 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by zombieHUNTER: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
undecided

All the touts and Agberos collecting money on the road are all Tinubu urchins..

If you buy anything, Generator , furniture etc, you have to pay this touts on the road before entering your house.. must, they're at every junctions waiting for you, day and night,even if you call police.
they're the law in Lagos.

Is this the kind of policy we need in Abuja and Nationwide,.
Those who have never been to Lagos won't understand, but please make enquiry..

say no to Tinubu and his urchins

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Dikaveli(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
Oil soup people that's their way , very violent in nature and evil at heart

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by dyera(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
zombieHUNTER:
undecided

All the touts and Agberos

When the lord and master of Lagos is a thug, what else did you expect the Obas to be?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Faber(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
Touts everywhere ...Yoruba will prostate, lie down and adore their monarchs way be say half of these guys they adore their head no correct grin grin

One don marry 3 wives within a space of one month to spite his ex-wife that left him because he cannot perform in the ozza room

The other one, dey drag custody of another man's child after he go carry the man wife..

This werey now, come dey punch person for face. When did you her in her 70yrs reign that Queen Elizabeth punch person for face or they carry her staff of office like that Mumu man Niggas took his staff of office during EndSars

32 Likes

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by treesun: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
Islie:

https://punchng.com/lagos-monarch-allegedly-punches-injures-chief-alleges-disrespect/?amp

Pic: Kunnuji, Medical report (inset) Adamson

Possibly he was a boxer or bouncer. Kosija!
Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by inoki247: 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2022
lol even Oba no wan calm down for Lagos....

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Angelfrost(m): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2022
Sigh... So, even the exalted traditional throne wasn't spared the dirty influence of thuggery and hooliganism!

Almost every top office is occupied by Agberos! Haba!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Greenbirth: 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2022
This Oba of lagoon again. I was thinking that after his staff of office was taking away from him that he would lay low but arrogant and fascist mind will not let him do that. It is high time the governor of Lagos State dethroned this ritualist Oba shocked

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Haydens: 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2022
Jackie Chan chief. This one na one of tinubu's.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by Shollyjay90(m): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hhhjj
Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by tishbite41(m): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
I can't wait for the day that MC Oluomo will become the Oba of Lagos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect by MOblow: 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
Woro si woro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wuraola Otiti Before She Became Ooni Of Ife’s Queen / How Much Do Things Cost In Nigeria? / New Photos Of Saadatu Lamido, Emir Sanusi's Wife In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.