Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,381 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu (9053 Views)

Tompolo Gets NUJ Award, Says He Will Ensure Increased Oil Production / I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu / 'some States'll Die If We Embrace True Federalism' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by TheLawAsItIs: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
The Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, has said the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, will bring a new vista into governance and ensure that true federalism thrives if voted into power.

According to Akeredolu, true federalism is important in a diverse nation like Nigeria, adding that it will properly address the fundamentals of nationhood.

He said this could be achieved with Tinubu’s understanding of the issues affecting the well-being of the country.

The Governor made this known while speaking on the topic, ‘Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the Business of Nation Building,’ during a Twitter Space session on Sunday.

“If voted into government, Nigerians will see that we have someone in place who had gone through democratic tutelage. He has been governor. He led a party.

“Asiwaju has deep knowledge about the problems of this nation. He has been part of the struggle to ensure that democracy is enthroned and that a true federal system runs in the country,” Akeredolu said.

He went on to note Tinubu’s contribution to the return of democratic rule in the fourth republic as a founding member of the National Democratic Coalition.

He said, “Tinubu’s contributions in the NADECO struggle can not be denied. As you know, when the 1993 presidential election was held, MKO Abiola was deemed to have won that election. But the military junta cancelled the election and set up an interim government.

“Asiwaju Tinubu and a few others felt they weren’t going to take it. They formed the NADECO and fought the military. They stood on June 12. Then the whole country conceded that the next President must be from the Southwest. That is why in 1999, only former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Chief Olu Falae ran for the election.

“You can not deny Asiwaju his role. He ran away from the county and set up the Radio-Kudirat. Those were the struggles we had before the fourth republic came up.”

Reacting to the endorsement of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, by the pan Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Akeredolu, said the group didn’t speak for the Yoruba people.

According to a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Olabode Richard, Akeredolu stated that the group was divided by the purported endorsement which doesn’t represent the stance of the Yoruba people.

He said Tinubu had always remained a progressive despite the prevalence of political prostitution in the country.

“Prostitution in politics is very common. When you have people who stick to their guns and stay in their parties, you must respect them. It is not common. We have seen a situation where governors left their parties and go to other parties. For me, it is integrity. Asiwaju has shown integrity. Asiwaju’s form of politics has taught us that political prostitution is unnecessary,” he stressed.

He hailed Tinubu for his effort in building Lagos and for making the state which he once governed a country within a country.

He said Tinubu promoted national unity by appointing people from different ethnic backgrounds across the country into his government.

“Asiwaju Tinubu assembled the best brains for the job and these people moved from Lagos to become leaders in their respective states. Aregbesola was there as a commissioner and went from there to become governor in Osun State.

“Everybody has its own part to play. Today, we have people who have been senators in Lagos and gone back to their states to contest. Lagos can be described as a mini Nigeria. An Hausa man can thrive in Lagos. An Igbo man thrives in Lagos.

“Aliko Dangote lives in Lagos and his business is in Lagos and he’s thriving. So many other people thrive in Lagos. Our brothers from the East own the whole of Alaba. They have representatives in the National Assembly and Lagos State Assembly. You must give credit to Asiwaju for laying the foundation for such things to thrive in Lagos,” Akeredolu said.

The Governor expressed confidence that the APC Presidential candidate would make state police happen in the country.

He said: “I strongly believe that the Presidency of Tinubu will give chance for State Police. He is lucky. Today, all governors in the 36 states of the federation support creation of state police. That should be a centre piece of his campaign.

“There must be restructuring and Asiwaju is one President that will come and restructure the country in accordance with the APC constitution. I look up to him as a leader who would say come 2023, a state police would happen.

Expressing his view on the Muslim/Muslim ticket, Governor Akeredolu said what is important to the country is capacity and knowledge, not religion and ethnicity.

“There are lots of discussions about the Muslim/Muslim ticket. And some of us have tried to explain to our people. The ticket itself can not be the issue. The main issue is who will serve the country. When you talk about the issue of ticket, you also want to talk about the issue of inclusivism. Should the presidency go back to the north? No!
“And what are we left with? We are left with an Obi and Asiwaju. Then you will weigh the two. Some of us have made a decision about Asiwaju. And the decision is based on what he has to offer.

“When put together on a scale, Tinubu weighs higher. We look at intellect, experience and what we stand to gain from his presidency. Capacity and knowledge are different from religion and ethnicity. We have always voted for experience and capacity.
“We have said it clearly. President must come to the South. It has come to us now to make a choice. In making the choice, we must think about capacity and competence. And the scale tilts towards Asiwaju Tinubu,” he stressed.

The Governor further assured that Asiwaju Tinubu will promote youth inclusion in his government, adding that young Nigerians will have enough participation in the government.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-will-ensure-true-federalism-says-akeredolu/#Echobox=1665407670

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2022
I still not have value were he is

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Corridon: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2022
Nigerians have already rejected Tinubu in favour of Obi.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by N3TRAL: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2022
Tinubu signed the Bill creating additional Local Government Areas in Lagos into law and gave autonomy to the Local Government Areas in Lagos despite resistance from the Federal Government. Obasanjo was so angry and denied Lagos its allocation because of Tinubu's autonomy to Local Government Areas but Tinubu was still paying salaries and commissioning projects while other States that received allocation were owing salaries.

Almost two decades after, Governors across Nigeria are resisting the Federal Government from granting autonomy to Local Government Areas and allocating funds to them directly.

Atiku Abubakar was Nigeria's Vice President that time who also rejected and victimized Tinubu.
Peter Obi would later become the Governor of Anambra State and prevent the State Electoral Commission from conducting Local Government Elections.

In summary, Tinubu restructured administration in Lagos State and opted for decentralization of power to benefit Local Government Areas.

The other 2 major candidates hated the idea of decentralization and restructuring while they were in power.

Tinubu's antecedents show that he is most likely the candidate that will restructure the country and promote true federalism when he becomes President.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Pauldollars(m): 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
Tinubu is becoming more like President of Yoruba Muslims.
They're the major people giving him support along with Yoruba Muslim celebrities and Motor park workers.

Hardly do you see even Northerners supporting him.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by 9jii(m): 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
We
Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by 9jii(m): 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2022
Corridon:
Nigerians have already rejected Tinubu in favour of Obi.
I swear no reasonable Nigerian will consider Ipob master over true Nigeria patriot.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by VTJN(m): 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2022
Tinubu is obviously the next president to succeed Buhari. I hope Tinubu won't disappoint Nigerians

Anyway, guys please refer me to any opening or loan to kick start a business

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by rejoice4eva(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2022
Like he ensured true federalism in Lagos. And like he truly helped Buhari to fulfil all his promises.
Keep fooling yourselves

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Urheadmaster(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
9jii:

I swear no reasonable Nigerian will consider Ipob master over true Nigeria patriot.

Rotimi Akeredolu is as inconsequential as you are tongue undecided

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by ObosiUkwalla: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
N3TRAL:
Tinubu signed the Bill creating additional Local Government Areas in Lagos into and gave autonomy to the Local Government Areas in Lagos autonomy despite resistance from the Federal Government.

Almost two decades after, Governors across Nigeria are resisting the Federal Government from granting autonomy to Local Government Areas and allocating funds to them directly.

Atiku Abubakar was Nigeria's Vice President that time who also rejected and victimized Tinubu.
Peter Obi would later become the Governor of Anambra State and prevent the State Electoral Commission from conducting Local Government Elections.

In summary, Tinubu restructured administration in Lagos State and opted for decentralization of power to benefit Local Government Areas.

The other 2 major candidates hated the idea of decentralization and restructuring while they were in power.

Tinubu's antecedents show that he is most likely the candidate that will restructure the country and promote true federalism when he becomes President

Antecedents of pissing and pooing on himself you mean? Go and sit down urchin. U no get talk

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Corridon: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2022
9jii:

Shatap. Tinubu doesn't believe in one Nigeria. He is the one sponsoring Oduduwa nation agitators.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Abdul05: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2022
Is not tribalism as it labelled on them...

is like the yoruba owes him certain achievement in the past...

far from it, many things stand to his credit especially the present development in Lagos State... grin

They believe if he is given the opportunity ..he will turn the contree wealth to good..

The way l even see it

South south might benefit more from him

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by 9jii(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2022
Corridon:
Shatap. Tinubu doesn't believe in one Nigeria. He is the one sponsoring Oduduwa nation agitators.
Said by Ipob miscreant

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Corridon: 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2022
9jii:

Said by Ipob miscreant

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
VTJN:
Tinubu is obviously the next president to succeed Buhari. I hope Tinubu won't disappoint Nigerians

Anyway, guys please refer me to any opening or loan to kick start a business
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod
Rule 1
Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by 9jii(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
[quote author=Corridon post=117441021][/quote]
Direct your hatred for Yoruba to them I'm not one.
I'm am true Nigerians and I know one from any tribe. Sai Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by 9jii(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
[quote author=Corridon post=117441021][/quote]

Direct your hatred for Yoruba to them I'm not one.
I'm am true Nigerians and I know one from any tribe. Sai Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Racoon(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
“Restructuring was the major thing we sold to the South-West that made people to key into Buhari’s project. So, when Buhari said he does not know the meaning of restructuring, then I threw in my paper, I can’t be a chairman under you.”
https://punchng.com/how-obasanjo-truncated-tinubus-ambition-to-become-buharis-vp-oyinlola/
"...The big promises made by the APC in 2015 have all evaporated....."
https://punchng.com/the-trials-of-brother-tinubu/?amp=1

Same true federalism the ACN/APC refused to partake or promote in the 2014 confab? Same true Federalism the APC denied after entering government? Same true federalism Buhari jettison while the likes of Osinbajo, Tinubu did nothing about?

What became of the El-Rufai committee on restructuring? No sane person will be deceive by the APC insatiable penchant for shameless lies and falsehood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Acedude: 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2022
Tinubu will not ensure federalism shit! He’s not been a major voice for true federalism. Why’s Akeredolu speaking for him in that regard.

That was how this Gov Akeredolu and Tinubu campaigned back in 2016 that they will develop the seaport along the coastal are of Ondo state just to curry votes from Ondo voters. They didn’t do shit with almost 8 years gone now.

The only person that I see has been consistent with the message of restructuring and true federalism for some years now is Atiku. I would rather vote for him!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by verybadmouth(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
Tinubu is the man. We all know this.

Fp material

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Ngwamankillyou(m): 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2022
Will our Igbo sister just because she lost election in Imo allow Amala thinking to becloud the reasoning of this good man that i love..

Thiefvnubu Money is Strong but this is Obi time my Yoruba brothers.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by MuslimIgbo: 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
tongue
Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Happened: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
grin grin

THAT MEANS BUHARI FAILED FOR THAT ASPECT !!!

UNTIL UNA BEGIN DEY USE BUHARI ACHIEVEMENTS TO CAMPAIGN .... I WILL START LISTENING TO OLD DRUG LORD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Throwback: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
Yes!

Tinubu ensured he fought for the rights of states versus the federal government.

That made him an enemy of Obasanjo who was at federal power.

But Tinubu remained steadfast and unruffled till the end.

He always conducted Local Government elections, unlike one olodo that never conducted Local government elections until he was to leave power.

The same abuse of power that made him deny Labour Party the use of Ekwueme Square in 2013.

Now he ran to the same Labour Party having been disgraced in PDP.

That is the kind of strong leader we need to do the right things.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by SoftP(m): 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
Comming from a Man who can’t even protect his own state from serial attackers’ you played politics with the lives of those u were meant to protect.

Everything about APC represents failure

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by udele1: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
Somebody that could not balance a political party ticket to protect the interest of Christians, will ensure true federalism? grin grin grin

Only Peter Obi can take actions that will benefit both South and North and Damn the consequences of the cabal.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
We don't need him. We need Peter Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Ensure True Federalism, Says Akeredolu by Jack500: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
Tinubu is Nigeria next president

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Outshop Americans By 32% / Convention: APC Governors Propose Feb 26, Al-makura, Musa Lead Chairman Race / 2023 Election: 400,000 Security Personnel To Be Deployed Nationwide – IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.