Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,671 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu (6595 Views)

Atiku’s Legal Contingency: Why Supreme Court May Remove President Tinubu From Po / Justice Olukayode Ariwoola Can Spend 7 Years As Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by searchng4love: 4:02am On Nov 22, 2023
I did not spend N7.3bn contingency fund on myself, says Akeredolu

The Ondo State governor Rotimi Akeredolu has said that the N7.3bn expended but not captured in the 2023 fiscal year budget was the total sum money received from the federal government labelled as “Infrastructure Support Fund.”
Governor Akeredolu said he did not personally spend the money while on medical vacation.

Akeredolu, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Richard Olatunde, said he provided the clarification for the sake of transparency and accountability, which were values synonymous with his administration.

The Ondo governor Rotimi Akeredolu said the N7.3bn constituted the cumulative amount of palliative funds received from the federal government and allocated under the contingency sub-heading to address unforeseen expenses not initially budgeted for but deemed necessary during the fiscal year.

He said: “While the original contingency fund in the 2023 budget was N1,069,000,000.00, the additional N7 billion represents funds received from the federal government labelled as “Infrastructure Support Fund,” specifically for palliatives meant to cushion the effects of fuel subsidy removal.

In accordance with the Ondo State Public Finance Management Law 2017, the establishment of a Contingency Fund is outlined in Part Five, subsection (i) and (ii). It states: A contingency Fund is hereby established. (ii) The contingency Fund may be utilised for making money available to meet emergency expenditure (other than statutory expenditure) which is not provided for in the Appropriation Law for the current year and which although otherwise failing to be met out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund or Capital Expenditure and Development Fund cannot without serious injury to the public interest be postponed until a Supplementary Appropriation Law providing for it can be enacted.”

“Contingency funds are designed to address emergency expenditures not provided for in the current year’s Appropriation Law, but crucial to the public interest and requiring immediate attention.

“Governor Akeredolu did not personally spend the N7.3 billion; rather, these funds were appropriately utilised for palliatives. The funds were released to the state by the federal government as part of the efforts to mitigate the impact of the fuel subsidy removal nationwide.

“Our administration remains committed to the highest standards of financial responsibility. Any claim of impropriety is unfounded. We encourage the public to rely on accurate information and refrain from being swayed by sensational claims lacking factual basis.

“The Palliative committee will in due course avail members of the public the details of the expenditure of the palliative fund.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/i-did-not-spend-n7-3bn-contingency-fund-on-myself-says-akeredolu/amp/

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by searchng4love: 4:03am On Nov 22, 2023
Who signed out the monies? Definitely not the deputy governor facing impeachment threats land sea and air.

If I am correct the governor cannot claim to have monitored these expenditures in absentia. What is so difficult in transmitting power to your deputy?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by darocha1: 4:32am On Nov 22, 2023
Money, Power , Respect
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by searchng4love: 5:44am On Nov 22, 2023
darocha1:
Money, Power , Respect
Even when you're a thief.... I see
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by adigun27: 6:10am On Nov 22, 2023
Baba all u wrote is lie do you give anybody palliative even u stole all giving toUs by FG ,sir if na only d 7.3b u steal we go happy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Beremx(f): 6:11am On Nov 22, 2023
Yet another one!! I read somewhere Ekiti state government is also part of the looting spree.
The media should also expose governors in the SE, SS and the north who are milking Nigerians dry and subjecting us to poverty.

Our mumu don too much

angry angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by money121(m): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2023
Lamba set ojelu

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Nackzy: 6:56am On Nov 22, 2023
Lies, the moment you expose these guys they start denying

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by VickiJT: 6:56am On Nov 22, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Chispa: 6:56am On Nov 22, 2023
This man is a walking dead

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by oluwaseyi0: 6:56am On Nov 22, 2023
Govi
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by olatade(m): 6:56am On Nov 22, 2023
It's well with this nation
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Lexusgs430: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2023
And this man is a lawyer....... No hope in Nigeria again......

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Oakenshield: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2023
So how did you treat yourself and using such to buy homes abroad
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Cizarr(m): 7:00am On Nov 22, 2023
Beremx:
Yet another one!! I read somewhere Ekiti state government is also part of the looting spree.
The media should also expose governors in the SE, SS and the north who are milking Nigerians dry and subjecting us to poverty.

Our mumu don too much

angry angry
Are you from Ekiti State? I'm wondering why the state issue pondering on your mind.
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Taffeds: 7:02am On Nov 22, 2023
Beremx:

Our mumu don too much

angry angry
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Shedrack777: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2023
he doesn't need to prove anything. this is nigeria where the masses doesn't take action on leaders who stole billions/trillions, but quick to lynch a petty thief who stole 1 cup of rice

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by NewDea4: 7:19am On Nov 22, 2023
searchng4love:
I did not spend N7.3bn contingency fund on myself, says Akeredolu

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-did-not-spend-n7-3bn-contingency-fund-on-myself-says-akeredolu/amp/

Look at this rat-looking thief. Na corn seed you dey carry go spend for Germany abi?! See as e be like okete

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by DrMuzungu(m): 7:21am On Nov 22, 2023
Oga motherbleeper, show the statement of account or STFU and go to kirikiri.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by CrossRhodes: 7:23am On Nov 22, 2023
darocha1:
Money, Power , Respect
Are you retardedd
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by NearestSaucer: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2023
Unlock Your Visa and Job Opportunities!

Are you tired of visa rejections? Frustrated with job applications going unanswered? We're here to turn the tables in your favor!

✨ Introducing Our CVs, SOPs, and Letters of Excellence ✨

🌟 Experience a 95% Invitation Rate for Interviews 🌟

Our team specializes in crafting captivating and compelling:
📝 CVs in the Europass format
📝 SOPs for jobs and study visa applications
📝 Cover Letters
📝 Introduction Letters

Don't let poorly crafted SOPs stand between you and your dreams. We understand what it takes to leave a lasting impression and get that coveted visa approval.

With our professionally tailored documents, you'll not only breeze through visa applications but also guarantee yourself a spot in the interview chair of your dream job.

Why settle for mediocrity when excellence is just a click away? Let us be your passport to a brighter future!

🌟 Don't just dream it. Live it! 🌟

Say goodbye to visa heartbreaks and job application woes. Contact us on Whatsapp today with number in the flyer below to unlock the opportunities you deserve! 🚀

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Pennywise2: 7:51am On Nov 22, 2023
Our leaders should now their heads in shame
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by bennybuhari: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2023
Resign, very greedy mofo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Erukulele(m): 8:08am On Nov 22, 2023
They will push us till we begin to ask the right questions. What are we doing now as a nation that guarantee our success in the nearest future.
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2023
So where the infrastructures wey you don do since when them give you the money as a governor If no be say you divert ham to your own personal use.... Shut your trap thief 🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Blackdisciple(m): 8:23am On Nov 22, 2023
Omoh for this Tinubu's regime they kind money wey these men go embezzle money ehh both Obasanjo, Jonathan, Buhari regime combined together will be a child's play compare to what this regime will embezzle and reckless spendings on unnecessary things chaiiii we are finished
Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Ancecoker(m): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2023
This man singlehandedly forced himself on the good people of ONDO State and again elevated his Son on its citizens. Bought the whole state and kept them under his foot.

Employment in the state was in ratio 80% to his home town people and 20% to whoever else.

This man is power thirsty...

I pity ONDO State people
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu by Natbrowny: 9:09am On Nov 22, 2023
Bullshit talk from Bullshitter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties / Rate This Well Kitted MOPOL / Senators Move To Impeach saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.