Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? (40975 Views)

Which Country Can 1.5 Million Travel To / My Family Is Taking Me Abroad / Pls My Fellow Nairalanders.can #1.2m Take To Us.or Any European Country. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by LegendHero(m): 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
imadiyi:

Thank you very much for this extensive explanation and guide. But, I also have one challenge ooo; which is HND. Will any of these schools accept it for admission into Master's degree program, though I have MBA that I study via online, University of South Wales?

They will accept HND.

But you will have to submit both OND and HND together.

I know of some guys that got applied with HND to ETSU not too long ago so I’m very sure.

Same thing for North Carolina A&T. But I won’t advise you chose NCA&T because you will have to spend more on WES evaluation to send the two official transcript from the schools you did OND & HND, except maybe you did it at the same school.

In concluding, if your OND/HND is with a good GPA, apply to ETSU and I think you should be fine getting admitted.

Below is the Nairaland thread I was talking about: you can also read past questions from people and search for answers.

https://www.nairaland.com/6354180/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/1000
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Paulianfa(m): 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
If I get 1million now to start up a biz,in 6months time I don become Oga with bodyguards.
Japa go wia?

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by grandstar(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Add 800k to that 1m and you'll find yourself in the following countries;
Kazakhstan!!
Mauritius!!
Tajikistan!!
South africa!!
Uzbekistan!!
Jordan!!
Saudi Arabia!!

All legit deals, visa and ticket fee covered, accomodation and transportation covered

I get connects for all this countries wey I mention.

There's nothing in all these countries mentioned. The best 2 there are Kazakthan and Mauritius and I won't advise anyone travel unless he has his work or stay permit ready.

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
Streetmovement:

These nah countries; Na human beings dey live dia so na country

Una self; Him say him get 1m, him money no reach to carry am go country wey you feel say na only you Sabi, we Sabi those countries too so try dey calm down, truth is most Nigerians dey feel say them need wait till them get all the money in the world before them make moves but them forget say most of these small countries get passage to those big countries wey Dem dey eye...las las everybody get choice but na your money go determine weda your choice go come to light.

So Abeg try rest!!
No no no, sorry about that, it seems I some how hot you with those words. That wasn't what I actually meant. I was just being sacastic
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
EmmaLege:

Mr Bayo go fit help grin
Ekiti grin
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Streetmovement(m): 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
grandstar:

There's nothing in all these countries mentioned. The best 2 there are Kazakthan and Mauritius and I won't advise anyone travel unless he has his work or stay permit ready.

Lol na where him money reach be that...so I had to show him the list.

Better countries dey but na your money go talk
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yankee101:

If you live for yankee you go just go fie for Las Vegas be that
Fie ?? I don't get .
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
Parachoko:
You're wrong
Check AU's flight ticket u go shock. cheesy
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Streetmovement(m): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
imadiyi:

No no no, sorry about that, it seems I some how hot you with those words. That wasn't what I actually meant. I was just being sacastic

Lol sarcastic or not

Him money never complete to go better countries, hence I showed him the list
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by grandstar(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
Okoyeebo:
These are the idiots who have no business being abroad but they go abroad, commit crime and give Nigerians a bad name.

Why not gently advice him? (Read Col 4:6)
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2022
LegendHero:

They will accept HND.

But you will have to submit both OND and HND together.

I know of some guys that got applied with HND to ETSU not too long ago so I’m very sure.

Same thing for North Carolina A&T. But I won’t advise you chose NCA&T because you will have to spend more on WES evaluation to send the two official transcript from the schools you did OND & HND, except maybe you did it at the same school.

In concluding, if your OND/HND is with a good GPA, apply to ETSU and I think you should be fine getting admitted.

Below is the Nairaland thread I was talking about: you can also read past questions from people and search for answers.

https://www.nairaland.com/6354180/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/1000
The grades are ok. The 2 combined will give3.2/4.00. Thanks. Please, do you have an idea of their tuition. Also, do they offer scholarship or assistantship ETSU?
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
Streetmovement:

Lol sarcastic or not

Him money never complete to go better countries, hence I showed him the list
No wahala, that's the truth. He needs to hustle more or accept any of the ones mentioned.

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by LegendHero(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
imadiyi:

The grades are ok. The 2 combined will give3.2/4.00. Thanks. Please, do you have an idea of their tuition. Also, do they offer scholarship or assistantship ETSU?

One of the guys that applied got offer $5k merit scholarship towards his school fees. He did not do GRE, I guess they just give that amount to international student with certain GPA 3/4 and those that apply early. I’m actually not sure if the actual amount of the school fees but you can easily Google that.

However, usually if you want assistantship/scholarship right from Nigeria, that’s where it’s advisable to do GRE exams because most school use that as their criteria to give scholarship/assistantship from Nigeria.

However, whether you do GRE or not, if you get to USA, you can easily get assistantship or work on campus.

So it’s your call.

9 credit hour:
For NCA&T, it’s like $11k per semester
For Bowie State, it should be within that $6k or so per semester.
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by grandstar(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
Tzar:
No it cannot. Maybe 1.5-2million consistently in your account for 6months. with some deposits and withrawals that will not make your balance less than the 1.5-2million.
Then you need to prove you have a tie- i.e family & good job in Nigeria.
With this, you can get SA, UK and most EU short visit visas. What you do thereafter , na you sabi!

You really understand what dictates whether one gets a visa or not. Most don't.

Anyway, if he wants to work, he should a visa covering that or he might end up a private security guard or cleaning toilets for life. Wasn't too happy seeing what our boys were doing in England. It's their children born there that will enjoy their sweat as many join the middle class. They won't even be caught driving an Uber.

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Lovestrong(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
Interested
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by alamscolo(m): 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2022
It's possible if you have your visa processed just make your booking like 1month ahead and you will see the magic, it's usually ½ of whatever the express costs. If you do your calculation and get your information right, 1m should take you to some countries. But you know you still need to show your POF.

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
LegendHero:

One of the guys that applied got offer $5k merit scholarship towards his school fees. He did not do GRE, I guess they just give that amount to international student with certain GPA 3/4 and those that apply early. I’m actually not sure if the actual amount of the school fees but you can easily Google that.

However, usually if you want assistantship/scholarship right from Nigeria, that’s where it’s advisable to do GRE exams because most school use that as their criteria to give scholarship/assistantship from Nigeria.

However, whether you do GRE or not, if you get to USA, you can easily get assistantship or work on campus.

So it’s your call.

9 credit hour:
For NCA&T, it’s like $11k per semester
For Bowie State, it should be within that $6k or so per semester.

Oh! Thanks a lot. I really appreciate. I will check the fees of those you mentioned.
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by LegendHero(m): 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
imadiyi:

Oh! Thanks a lot. I really appreciate. I will check the fees of those you mentioned.

One advise. Do not be too bothered about fees.

When you get to USA, you will sort things out with the schools and hustle one assistantship, campus job, tuition remission, and etc to at least pay some of those.

Almost every Nigerian guys I know back then in school survived so don’t let the school fees weigh you down.

Best of luck.

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Olakunlebaba: 10:55pm On Oct 13, 2022
Bro, don't let people that are not experienced discourage you. With your 1m you can travel to many European countries, but in any country you are trying to japa to try to have at least someone that can accommodate you for sometime. Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Belgium and so many countries like that... But you need to be informed and work it out yourself. Study applications of many of those countries are opening by January 2023, try and do your research very well about school that do scholarship, many schools in Europe accept their school fees installmentally, some school fees are €6k, 7k 8k and doing scholarships of 50%. Means that if you are accepted in a school that pays 6k and you are granted scholarship you have to pay 3k for the while year. And there if you are not granted a scholarship there is early birds, means that if you pay your school fee before the deadline of a speculated time there to waive 50% of the fees for you and the 3k can pay it at least three time.

Some of this countries dont charge for applications fee.
After you have gotten the admission,
You pay# 420k~~~~~ €1k
Visa fee at worst for Europe countries 40k to 45k. Except UK.
If you don't have sponsorship, meet wiht financial institute to run your account for you for three month with 200k for #3 million.

Ticket 300k to 350k.

But its better if you can still work for more Money to make it more easier because of miscellaneous

Note: you will do some online examination before admission oooo. And those exams and very logical

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Snapdrag0n: 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
Do this simple calculation. If the 1million is for everything including cost of traveling before you leave or its the fixed amount you're carrying along in exchange to dollars,then think again below.
Are you traveling as a student or for work? If student, they'll need your tuition payment and admission letter to grant you one way ticket. But if you're going for work or vacation then ticket is surely round trip. As at the time I'm writing this,the cheapest flight is Ethiopian airlines and they're very good. One way trip to African country is between 280k-345k. While round trip is around 380k-600k(Africa destination).
Now for Asia, Europe, America, middle East the cost is far expensive. Using Emirates, British airways, Ethiopian airlines etc are still far expensive (budget 680-1.4M) for round trip. With this in mind, calculate if you have luggage too. Cost of luggage are expensive depending on how many KG loads and the airlines. You should budget additional 150k-250k for luggage if it exceeds 20-25kg standard luggage in some airlines.
Next, after you successfully travel,where will u stay? Do u have someone in the country you're going? If student,the school will arrange pick up,but if you're going as to work or vacation then hotel is needed for atleast 1-2weeks to enable you secure accommodation. A day hotel in some African countries is between 20-100dollars,and in euro,Asia , middle East and America it's far expensive cheapest room you might not even like will be 50box(dollars) and up to $1000. Yes u heard it right. So calculate how many days you'll spend before getting your apartment and settle down.
Next,you'll report to immigration to access your visa/permit,you'll do registration there,in some cases money is involved.
Next, let say you've found a place,from my experience in Africa countries and in America,then with my friends in Euro I'm giving you a true break down of cost. Housing are not like in Nigeria were u pay 150k for self-contained room and for 1yr rent or 1yr/6month. It's not a flate or single rooms you'll pay 5-6k a month and multiply by 12 and you relax. It's expensive bro. In Africa, 1month cost is equivalent to 17-25k a month,while in America it's about 25-50k a month depending on the location. I have a friend in Europe who pays about 30k a month for rentals. Here the cost covers water and power (24/7 electricity). In Nigeria it's not so. You must understand how much you're will to pay and how long before you return home just incase.
Next,let say you start working which is basically not possible in a month you just arrived. You'll notice that most of the salary you receive will go into rentals and food. You heard me right.
If you sum this up,my brother I'll advise use that money and start up something home where you're free and be the boss,employ others to work for you.
If you have sponsors when u arrive good, otherwise think of the break down above
Finally, reason most people don't go home after successfully arriving their destination is because of lack of funds. Think of paying about $1500 round trip home when you suppose to send the money to your family? It's expensive. When politicians steal money, and your lecturers also still from student to aid their children abroad,this is the reason. The steal to cover their flight ticket,hotel and lifestyle abroad. Copy that and vote a good leader come 2023.
**Update**
Countries I can advise if you still want to move out;
Africa - South Africa, zambia, Rwanda, Morocco, Ethiopia. Good currencies, beautiful and friendly ladies, then chance to work whether you're student or not.
Asia: China, Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, Malaysia.
Europe: Russia, Hungary, Germany, turkey, Austria, Belgium
Middle East: Saudi Arabia, Qatar
America: USA, Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Argentina, Brazil.
I'm promoting Obi on my twitter account. If you're Obi fan,wire my account if this information is useful. Your contribution also will aid others especially the Northern youths who needs support. Remember we're campaigning for a good leader and we know Bat is preparing to buy votes, we're also prepare. I'll take note of your name. Support my campaign for Obi 2023.
Gtb-0623179559. U Otung.

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by tnerro1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2022
No follow road ooo, that route no pure again oo
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Olakunlebaba: 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2022
Bro, don't let people that are not experienced discourage you. With your 1m you can travel to many European countries, but in any country you are trying to japa to try to have at least someone that can accommodate you for sometime. Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Belgium and so many countriess like that... But you need to be informed and work it out yourself. Study applications of many of those countries are opening by January 2023, try and do your research very well about school that do scholarship, many schools in Europe accept their school fees installmentally, some school fees are €6k, 7k 8k and doing scholarships of 50%. Means that if you are accepted in a school that pays 6k and you are granted scholarship you have to pay 3k for the while year. And there if you are not granted a scholarship there is early birds, means that if you pay your school fee before the deadline of a speculated time there to waive 50% of the fees for you and the 3k can pay it at least three time.

Some of this countries dont charge for applications fee.
After you have gotten the admission,
You pay# 420k~~~~~ €1k
Visa fee at worst for Europe countries 40k to 45k. Except UK.
If you don't have sponsorship, meet wiht financial institute to run your account for you for three month with 200k for #3 million.

Ticket 300k to 350k.

But its better if you can still work for more Money to make it more easier because of miscellaneous

Note: you will do some online examination before admission oooo. And those exams and very logical

Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by cooooooks(m): 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
I do not know from experience but I heard it takes about that to move to the UK for carer work.
May need 50% to 100% more for the plane ticket, etc.

If you have verifiable skills (software, healthcare, truck, forklift) that may also be enough for Canada, PROVIDED you get a job offer.

Obiworld2020:
Can 1 million take me to any meaningful country for hustling aside from African country!!!!
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by almujeebe(m): 11:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
grafixdon:

No. Not even 2m. But with 3m and above, you're good to go
Go to which country and on what purpose pls?
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by vickydevoka(m): 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2022
Rictech:

Better be sure, 1million naira no be small money.
A friend of mine travelled to Swindon (UK) last Tuesday on Egypt air and the flight ✈️ ticket was 350k
Last Tuesday very possible. Low traffic
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Lexusgs430: 11:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
Rictech:

A friend of mine travelled to Swindon (UK) last Tuesday on Egypt air and the flight ✈️ ticket was 350k

Remain ₦650K for visa, accommodation, feeding and initial settling........ Before work go show ......... wink
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by ArcFresky(m): 12:21am On Oct 14, 2022
Rictech:

No worry, e go give u gist
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Probz(m): 12:24am On Oct 14, 2022
It’ll buy you a travel-ticket but not much more. Sorry. You’re going to have to find a way to get more money.
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by Probz(m): 12:25am On Oct 14, 2022
hamouston91:
You can go to Kenya or Rwanda, they are nice countries to live in.

Kim. Campbell doesn’t agree.
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by calculator123(m): 2:00am On Oct 14, 2022
Romanoff:
Just use the money for business or keep growing the money.

Cause I no sure say the money fit buy you ticket to some countries that are not African countries.

1M can buy a plane ticket to the USA
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by EnglandAmaka(f): 2:05am On Oct 14, 2022
grafixdon:

No. Not even 2m. But with 3m and above, you're good to go

Good to go to which country
Re: How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? by MuslimIgbo: 2:14am On Oct 14, 2022
hamouston91:
You can go to Kenya or Rwanda, they are nice countries to live in.
Or deh
If na so e be, why you never become billionaire?
Chronic stupead gambler.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Without Fingers Rides Okada In Ibadan (Photo) / Jubilating Policeman Falls Off Moving Van In Lagos. Photos & Video / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59