Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe (14804 Views)

CUPP And Other Parties Beg Obasanjo To Intervene In 2023 Elections / 2023: How Southwest Schemes To Take Over Power – Senator Ogunlewe / We Are On Our Knees, Atiku’s Supporters Beg Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by nairavsdollars(f): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2022
A former Minister of Works, Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe has expressed confidence that former president, Olusegun Obasanjo will back Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 presidential election.

Even though the former president has not publicly endorsed any presidential candidate, his body language tends towards Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party.

Last month, Obasanjo also warned supporters of Tinubu who claimed that he has endorsed him after a meeting between both men in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital.

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, who was present at the meeting between Obasanjo and Tinubu was a sign of victory for Tinubu come 2023.

However, speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Ogunlewe said Yoruba elders will beg Obasanjo and prevail on him to support Tinubu’s presidential bid.

“Obasanjo will support Tinubu at the end of the day. Nobody should worry about that. We will beg him to support us. The first thing you must do is to canvass your position and let him know that you are better than the other person. Obasanjo is a reasonable person”.

“ Persuade him and show what you can do and he will follow you. It is when your stuff is low that is when he cannot support you. You must match him with intelligence because the Obasanjo I know will never follow you blindly”.

“There is no sentiment in choosing our leaders again. We have experimented enough. Countries that are at par with us 20 years ago are now far ahead of us. Somebody must restore the glory of this country. If we don’t elect a credible person as president in 2023, we are going to be in trouble. I am so optimistic that with a president like Bola Tinubu choosing the best team, Nigeria’s lost glory will be restored,” he said.
https://independent.ng/well-beg-obasanjo-to-support-tinubus-presidential-bid-ogunlewe/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by lhordspy: 10:36am On Oct 11, 2022
You can do whatever you like senator.
He, Obasanjo is a yoruba elderstateman, we respect and adore him.

But you see, we the good people of Nigeria dont give a fvck anymore.

Asiwaju Tinubu Jagaban is a moving train.
And nobody stands at the front of a moving train, am i right?

Get onBoard or Get knock off.
The choice is His.

197 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by LoneWolf212: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2022
Obasanjo is already Obidient

202 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by God1000(m): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2022
Too late, Baba is wiser now, Obasanjo is already rooting for Peter Obi

189 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Jflex07(m): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2022
You all will be wasting your time. It is too late as baba has pitched his tent with the Obidient family.

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by owobokiri(m): 10:42am On Oct 11, 2022
The South West had a very great opportunity to provide for this unfortunate country, a very reasonable candidate in the presidential election next year under APC, since they had the party locked down with the help of Buhari. Osibanjo, warts and all, was a reasonable candidate. Even one of the inefficient south west governors could be propped up! But for whatsoever reason, folks elected to throw up the most discredited Yoruba politician alive today as the APC candidate.

This is supposed to be a president to take over from the Daurra Disaster! An opportunity to provide a candidate to help salvage a comatose nation thrown away in other to pander to the whims of the utterly corrupt! Unforgivable mistake. Win or lose, Tinupoo will NEVER be allowed to lead Nigeria. He is corrupt, very infirm and totally incapable of conducting the affairs of this country. The Tinupoo mistake is purely a Yoruba mistake. You have very acceptable sons that you could have nominated, but made a terrible choice.

The rest of the country can only watch as you stew in your on juice.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Tochi3(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2022
Lol... cheesy grin

Thesame Obasanjo that APCshit and their Urchins said is from Anambra?

Obasanjo no dey look oju emilokan o !

I cant wait to hear Obasanjo's reply grin

65 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Pakute: 10:44am On Oct 11, 2022
OBJ is on the losing side, we don't need him in our camp. He lost in 2019, nothing gonna change.

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by hisexcellency34: 11:10am On Oct 11, 2022
grin grin
Pakute:
OBJ is on the losing side, we don't need him in our camp. He lost in 2019, nothing gonna change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Racoon(m): 11:10am On Oct 11, 2022
Beg OBJ? Someone Tinubu called "expired milk"? Why betting for endorsement for a bad product?

38 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Dshocker(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2022
Obasanjo is old and wise enough to make his own decisions.

Senator Ogunlewe saying he will beg Obasanjo to support APC sounds childish.

31 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by lordkrys(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2022
Ok
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by iwaeda: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2022

14 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by salbis(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2022
The same Obasanjo he called an election rigger who should not be taken seriously when he criticized Buhari in 2019. Shameless thieves!

19 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Mrkrobz(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2022
Bunch of beggers grin
No mind them o
All of them are the same thing, playing the same games.

Meanwhile, don't forget to check out my animation story in my profile wink

5 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by VTJN(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2022
Tinubu is obviously the next president to succeed Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Skty: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2022
Why don't u beg for who Nigerians want? Or better still ask Obasanjo who he wants. ...ain't u all tired?

4 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Eriokanmi: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2022
Indeed. Maybe for the first time. Tinubu would realise how strong and relevant ębora owu is, in the Nigerian politics. E no get any name wey this man no call obasanjo and that's one of Tinubu's weaknesses. He doesn't know how to guard his mouth when talking and it takes an arrogant mind to do that. Words are like eggs. All his supporters take affer him. Respond to their comment and see insults.

Who has now laboured in vain in osun state after his unfortunate outburst?

6 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Akonimohate12: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2022
Make una help me beg ham

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2022
Okay
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by BESTScientist1: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2022
I laugh in hausa.....eyin omo eniyan. Ki le pe yoruba fun. Apoda abi kini. Bawo lama ri Obi nle awa dibo fun emilokan. Olorun maje. I dey craze?
I'm closer to Tinubu than any other candidate, in this election but sadly I would have thrown my weight behind him if it were a FASHOLA or OSHIBAJO. here are some truths Nigerians should better accept now before it's too late
(1)Tinubu(Pele of then) can NOT handle the rigours of this year's world cup hence, only a fool will fight or canvass he captain Brazil to the world cup now
(2) A Tinubu presidency will cause a lot of unthinkable madness across Southwest, lawlessness will be the order of the day because baba ti wa loke feel free to collect money from anyone (pedestrians or motorists)

(3) APC has been useless with the leadership so we need a personality who can wake up and appear in 20 places in a day....e.g I met Governor FASHOLA thrice as a student of UNILAG in various places in Lagos. Once in Afe Babalola that only a step separated us because I was reluctant to take pics with him as other students were but he's a man I so much admire. Meeting one of his tallest security details....a giant...
All reasonable yorubas are for PETER OBI largely because it's the turn of the South and a BAT represents every negatives of the south

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Asgard73: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2022
Even Obasanjo know say Tinubu can never rule Nigeria as Yoruba land or govern Nigeria as a president

Somethings are just impossible.. even God allow impossible in this case

It just not possible

Is not local obaship tussle

Power to the people
North 2023

1 Like

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by tuoyoojo(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2022
Beg obj?!

But we saw pictures of tunubu when he went to visit obj and they said that obj has endorsed him

So why the need to beg

Abi there is something they didn't tell us from the beginning

There were better and more credible candidates during the APC convention but the delegates let greed and the love of dollars get a better part of their conscience

Now they are begging to accept their shaky shaky daddy because of selfish interest

5 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by owiko(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2022
Baba Obj is not a neither here nor there somebody, he has a mind of his own. He won't for any reason foist another calamity upon Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by nony43(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2022
Lmao why Begging? I think say him na Jagaban.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by franchasofficia: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2022
All of you that wants to steal, loot and destroy Nigeria like you have been looting Lagos and pocketed a whole state for more than 23 years will fail !

If you tribal bigots truly loved Yoruba people and wanted Yoruba interest, why didn't you support Prof Yemi Osinbajo or Babatunde Fashola instead of this known criminal stealing Lagos treasury with his whole family for over 23yrs now?

God and nature will disgrace you all!

Tinubu have nothing to offer Nigerians other than stealing, looting and sharing Nigeria's treasury with his family, loyalists, and political allies just as he has been doing in Lagos.

Tinubu's attempt to extend his stealing and criminality to national level will never work.

A known political criminal, Lagos state treasury looter and drug lord will never be Nigeria's President, never!

6 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by PHIPEX(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2022
I thought Tinubu and APC said Obj is an expired politician?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by VTJN(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2022
Jflex07:
You all will be wasting your time. It is too late as baba has pitched his tent with the Obidient family.
I hope if baba make a U-turn you won't begin to call him name ba?
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe by Throwback: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
Obasanjo's support is grossly irrelevant.

192 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nuhu Ribadu’s Brother Escapes From Abductors / Why We Detained Jones Abiri For 2 Years Without Trial – DSS / Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.