Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council (713 Views)

Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team / Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP / Omenuwoma Josiah Rejects Appointment From Governor Okowa, Supports Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by kahal29: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sam Amadi, a former chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), has rejected a role as director of research in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential campaign council.

In a letter dated October 10 and addressed to Aminu Tambuwal, governor of Sokoto and director-general of the campaign council, Amadi said he belongs to a number of organisations that are non-partisan.

While appreciating Tambuwal for the offer, the former NERC chairman said his rejection is not a vote of no confidence on the country’s major opposition party.

“I humbly want to decline the appointment, and hereby abstain from participating in such a role,” he said.

“The decision to decline the offer has stemmed from the conflicts of interest emanating from various responsibilities in which I act as a leader of different platforms where political neutrality and objectivity are required of me. These platforms are as follows: The Abuja School of Social and Political Thoughts (ASSPT).

“As director of the school, I bear the responsibility to lead a group of intellectuals and scholars of diverse political and ideological stripes with a commitment to rethink the nature of the social, political, and economic crises of statehood in Africa, and to develop new ideas and policies to transform Nigeria and other African societies.

“For some years I have been an analyst on Arise News, which I consider one of the most strategic institutions for national development and sane deliberative democracy through analytical news reporting.

“My role in that reputable media platform also requires non-partisanship, even as I am free to express my opinions.”

https://www.thecable.ng/im-non-partisan-sam-amadi-rejects-appointment-into-pdp-campaign-council/amp

2 Likes

Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by Corridon: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2022
What a tactical way to avoid the failed political party. We all know he is highly OBIdient.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by dynicks(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
When you see a true IGBO son, you will know!!....

Just as how the president of AFENIFERE and its sincere members have all proven to be TRUE yoruba sons and daughters...

1 Like

Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by muykem: 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Why is everybody rejecting PDP appointment?
Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by ZeroAccess: 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
Every right thinking sane Nigerian will reject both PDP and APC. This two parties under the have produced the same old establishment and should be rejected with both hands.

A new order is about to be formed. An order that will put the country in a good light.

This is a sacrifice we all have to made and reject the parties that have made nominations forms very expensive and also bribing of delegates the only means to clingy the ticket.

Obi is coming and the narrative of structure will change forever. The people are coming
Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by omenka(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
He says he's apolitical but those who know him even better than he knows himself are here to tel us HE LIED, and "he's OBIdient".

Sometimes you wonder if the only requirement for one to become "Obidient" is that you prove beyond reasonable doubt that no one out there is more stupid than you. smiley

6 Likes

Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by AudiozillaGears: 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
Good for him. A man without principles is nothing more than a piece of rag.
Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by Afamed: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
Corridon:
What a tactical way to avoid the failed political party. We all know he is highly OBIdient.

One of the features of obidents is they are habitual pathological serial liar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by Akurakambe(m): 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
omenka:
He says he's apolitical but those who know him even better than he knows himself are here to tel us HE LIED, and "he's OBIdient".

Sometimes you wonder if the only requirement for one to become "Obidient" is that you prove beyond reasonable doubt that no one out there is more stupid than you. smiley

Rest abeg! Go to the guy's TL on twitter and verify. Dr Amadi is highly OBIdient!
Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by Corridon: 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
Afamed:

One of the features of obidents is they are habitual pathological serial liar
Where's the lie here?
Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by Okoroawusa: 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
But on Arisetv news yesterday he was identified as the director of research PDP campaign council when he was asked to analyze the PDP Uyo rally by Ngozi Alaegbu abi are we missing something?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by Okoroawusa: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
Akurakambe:

Rest abeg! Go to the guy's TL on twitter and verify. Dr Amadi is highly OBIdient!
Exactly what Omenka is saying that is what you are verifying with this your comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by Mrkrobz(m): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
Guys, all of them are the same thing o cry
Re: I’m Non-partisan’ — Sam Amadi Rejects Appointment Into PDP Campaign Council by iwaeda: 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
kahal29:
Sam Amadi, a former chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), has rejected a role as director of research in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential campaign council.

In a letter dated October 10 and addressed to Aminu Tambuwal, governor of Sokoto and director-general of the campaign council, Amadi said he belongs to a number of organisations that are non-partisan.

While appreciating Tambuwal for the offer, the former NERC chairman said his rejection is not a vote of no confidence on the country’s major opposition party.

“I humbly want to decline the appointment, and hereby abstain from participating in such a role,” he said.

“The decision to decline the offer has stemmed from the conflicts of interest emanating from various responsibilities in which I act as a leader of different platforms where political neutrality and objectivity are required of me. These platforms are as follows: The Abuja School of Social and Political Thoughts (ASSPT).

“As director of the school, I bear the responsibility to lead a group of intellectuals and scholars of diverse political and ideological stripes with a commitment to rethink the nature of the social, political, and economic crises of statehood in Africa, and to develop new ideas and policies to transform Nigeria and other African societies.

“For some years I have been an analyst on Arise News, which I consider one of the most strategic institutions for national development and sane deliberative democracy through analytical news reporting.

“My role in that reputable media platform also requires non-partisanship, even as I am free to express my opinions.”

https://www.thecable.ng/im-non-partisan-sam-amadi-rejects-appointment-into-pdp-campaign-council/amp

Waiting for noise maker grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Southerners Will Suffer, Treated As Servants If Atiku Becomes President- Sagay / Photo: Osinbajo And Tinubu At The Ministerial Retreat / Just In: Governor Lalong’s Aide Resigns Over Renewed Attacks In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.