Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? (18392 Views)

2023: I Feel Empty Without Wike, Others On PDP Campaign – Gov Emmanuel / 2023: PDP Can Win Without Wike, Atiku Tells Party’s BOT / Coronavirus: Wike And Fashola Greet With Elbow Bump Today In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Dshocker(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sorry to burst your bubble, the old druggie will not and can never smear Aso, not to talk of Rock.

Tinubu can only win in the Southwest, where he becomes the leader in Olumo Rock, while Peter Obi will become the leader in Aso Rock grin
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by anonimi: 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Tochi3:
Everything a win for Thief'nubu.....

Even sef heroin na win for the druggie.

Francis5:

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Realmi: 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Make I dey observe
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Afamed: 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
h
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
oikirodah:
Win-Win For Tinubu: PDP Flags off Presidential Campaign Without Wike And Co, Matters Arising

Copyright Protected

Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/win-win-for-tinubu-pdp-flags-off-presidential-campaign-without-wike-and-co-matters-arising/

Tinubu wey dey carry third? Which win? cheesy
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Moh247: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ofcoarse
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Kajaard: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
Very foolish post. Wike is inconsequential.

I am happy Atiku called his bluff.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by tunapawizzy: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
These tinubu people just like to dey whine themselves...ur problem is how to stop Atiku from killing ur candidate in NE and NW......ur candidate will only win SW by maybe 55% thereabout, Jigawa governor getting booed, Kebbi had 2 serving senators decamp from APC to PDP(one of them with bigger grassroot structure than the governor), Kaduna, Plateau, has a large(not major) christian voting bloc, Kwankwaso sure of sumtin substantial in Kano and surrounding states, Sokoto wholly in the bag for PDP, Bauchi major politicians(Dogara, Bala) on Atiku's side....You are dead in the SE....maybe na only Katsina and Bornu go do am for u...and u dont have to fool urself with NC(FCT, Plateau, Benue definitely not going ur way) Nasarrawa, Niger 50-50. only Kogi n Kwara for APC

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by jaxxy(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
A win for Peter Obi. cool
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by goodmike7: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
HitRun:
I doubt. PDP’s biggest problem is the votes Obi will pinch off them.

I swear, obi na bad market for atiku...he knows he will never win yet taking a pinch from our votes...some people are just useless,

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by duality(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
I guess this topic or post, is paid for to be on Nairaland home page.

It's just a useless write-up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by kingyakos: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
Who wan vote tinubu?.....

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Nifemi2512(m): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
This is abosolutely the most intelligent and knowledgeable message I have seen on Nairaland today.
adioolayi:
I still believe they will resolve all pending issues...

I am certain PDP cannot go into that elections without the support of 5 governors...

5 Governors is huge..if na one now, they can do shakara...but 5

They just have to do something...else, na own goal be that.

In other news, I listened to Atiku's speech yesterday....he seems tired and all worked up already...he needs to relax..take necessary rest before he goes out to campaign...it's understandable na old man sha...make dem package his itineraries well...

The party Chairman Ayu also scored an own goal by saying they will want to bring back the 16 years of PDP rule....the same 16years Nigerians are saying never again..that's was full of monumental corrupt practices

Okowa...the VP candidate speech was also uninspiring....no vibes....not articulate ...they will need to work on him.

PDP should put their house in order to give us a befitting 2023 electioneering process...anyone that wins ...Peter Obi, Atiku or Tinubu should not have an easy ride grin cheesy grin

That's all

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Vadese1: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
I see this election as a contest between two horses race, Atiku and our beloved Peter the Obi. I have been asking my self where will Tinubu get his block votes from. The south west is already divided between him and Obi and some vote will also goes for Atiku. The north Central, South East and south south will be on lock down for Obi. Atiku will take the core north . Now where will Tinubu get his winning votes from. Answer me my people.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by emerged01(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2022
5 out of 13? Everything is not right with PDP.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
Johnrake69:
Unless Vote buying will work in 2023. Tinubu is neither the most popular candidate in southern Nigeria or in the Northern Nigeria.

I wonder where he's going to get the block vote from.

South West his zone is up for grabs.

Peter Obi is clearly the most popular candidate in South East, South South and part of North Central.

Atiku and Kwankwaso have North East and North West.
Pitobi is never a match for Tinubu politically in the south, that is why majority of your sentimental brothers are always castigating him, forget about noise you are making here, majority of real voters are not online. They are somewhere holding ward meetings to perfect their strategy for winning

2 Likes

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Kinddetective: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
Why is APC so bothered about PDP, normally a ruling party should have been the pacesetter but in this case they are always waiting to copy others.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Toozun: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
Not at all
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by pacificom: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
toneroforever:

Those 5 governors can't influence much in this BVAS era. Meanwhile, Rivers,Abia, Benue,Enugu & a percentage of Oyo votes are on lock for the man of the moment.
Vote wisely
You forgot to mention Osun..
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by MrBanner(m): 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
Any sensible person knows that Wike will work for Jagaban, it's only a matter of when. Kwankwaso too will declare for Baba in due course. Who doesn't want to join the winning team? PDP is a sinking ship, LP is just PDP lite grin, the earlier Mikano boys realise this, the better for their Blood Pressure grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Boss13: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
The governors have clearly stated they won't leave the party. Many have bought forms for Senatorial election under PDP with the exception of Seyi Makinde and Nyesom Wike.

Without any reconciliation, they will work against Atiku during the Presidential election and inform their supporters to vote PDP for Senatorial election, Gubernatorial & House of Representatives.

Options available - Advise supporters to either vote APC, LP or NNPD for Presidential Candidate and PDP for other elections. The only outcome from this is a straight win for APC. Recall, Tinubu met with Wike twice an part of the discussion was a Senatorial run for Wike which Wike rejected. Also, Wike also requested APC turn a blind eye in Oyo and Immunity from corrupt charges.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Boss13: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
MrBanner:
Any sensible person knows that Wike will work for Jagaban, it's only a matter of when. Kwankwaso too will declare for Baba in due course. Who doesn't want to join the winning team? PDP is a sinking ship, LP is just PDP lite grin, the earlier Mikano boys realise this, the better for their Blood Pressure grin grin

Nobody can step down now. They can either tell their members to vote for other parties. I see Kwankwaso doing so or having a good showing in areas where Atiku should win. Infact Kwankwaso seems to be working for Tinubu. I also see Wike doing similar acts too. This is why I strongly think Tinubu will win the election.

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Fabnaija: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
Agbadorian Urchins and their Stupid post. You are talking about the absence of failed Gov Wike and co but quickly forgot about Amaechi, Osibanjo, Lawal, Dogara and co who will not campaign for APC.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Patience79: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
WIKE no get una time.....for una mind una don win. Na NIGERIA turn ooo
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by viodemus: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
I don't care about wike's stand in pdp; but wike is politicizing everything. During the signing to remove that governor that he did recently, he was flying pdp flag in the background. That is uncalled for. Your loyalty as a sg is your state, Nigeria, and then party.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by OLANIYIPETER: 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
Asgard73:
No body notice their absence ..

Ship has sail...

North 2023

‘Tis propaganda no work

Don't tell me anyone can be this myopic! No one notice the absence of 5 govs in a presidential campaign? I leave you for yourself.

1 Like

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Alawode01(m): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
Tinubu is the next president by GOD grace �✅�
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by MrBanner(m): 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2022
Boss13:

Nobody can step down now. They can either tell their members to vote for other parties. I see Kwankwaso doing so or having a good showing in areas where Atiku should win. Infact Kwankwaso seems to be working for Tinubu. I also see Wike doing similar acts too. This is why I strongly think Tinubu will win the election.

We are saying the same thing, bro. I said they'd "declare", not "step down". In the end, Jagaban's victory is sure. It's visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that Wike would rather pitch his tent where he has hope to remain relevant, and where else but with the APC? I see him becoming the next minister of works.
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Johel(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
oikirodah:
Win-Win For Tinubu: PDP Flags off Presidential Campaign Without Wike And Co, Matters Arising

Copyright Protected

Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/win-win-for-tinubu-pdp-flags-off-presidential-campaign-without-wike-and-co-matters-arising/

A win for Peter Obi!!
Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by Akerele44(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
Asgard73:
Na this Wike matter Una wan resume this week..

Poor things ..

Mumu work

Power to the people
PDP!!

But if they decided to work for PANDORA
no be mumu matter abi

Re: PDP Presidential Campaign Flag-Off Without Wike And Co, A Win For Tinubu? by toneroforever(m): 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
pacificom:

You forgot to mention Osun..
Some people there will definitely vote for Obi.

Don't get it twisted, during the governorship election PDP's Adeleke was the people's choice just as in 2018.
All the people wanted was to dethrone the evil party,APC in their state.
Are Osun people buying foodstuffs cheaper in the market than others because Tinubu is from there[b],no[/b].
My point is, Tinubu will most likely win Osun state because he is from there. Yet some will vote for Obi because their priority is to get Nigeria working again. Others will vote for Atiku because of the governor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bala Mohammed Commissions 18KM Anua - Mbak Eshiet Road In Akwa Ibom / Sagay, Others Differ Over Renaming Of UNILAG In Honour Of Abiola / "President Buhari Doesn't Read Newspapers" - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.