Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur (3079 Views)

Two Nigerian Scammers Arrested In India For Duping 60 Women On Matrimonial Sites / Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters / It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Goalnaldo(m): 7:03am On Oct 13, 2022
I was just checking my quora feeds and I saw this. I was impressed by his explanation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by siofra(f): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2022
He is wrong about Nigerian scammers not being plenty.

They are plenty and everywhere. Even your 14 year old neighbour is planning to scam you.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Goalnaldo(m): 7:16am On Oct 13, 2022
siofra:

They are plenty and everywhere. Even your 14 year old neighbour is planning to scam you.
yes, exactly where I found fault cheesy but you know, everyone must protect their own

3 Likes

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by superCleanworks(m): 7:28am On Oct 13, 2022
Well said.
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by falcon01: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2022
He's wrong though! Nigerian scammers are plenty lots of young boys want to be a yahoo boy, He's trying to do damage control.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by kuuljay(m): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2022
falcon01:
He's wrong though! Nigerian scammers are plenty lots of young boys want to be a yahoo boy, He's trying to do damage.
the word plenty I. His write up is comparative, India,China etc get scammers pass Nigeria,but na Nigerians dey make noise pass,most of the arrests in Nigeria here are not due to evidences but they just simply give themselves out for security agencies, other scammers out there hardly show off,they lay low invest and enjoy their money coded

6 Likes

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Ramon92: 11:40am On Oct 13, 2022
Nigeria is not even on the top 5 list of countries with most scammers, let alone sophisticated ones.

When you talk fraud, we talking USA, India, Pakistan, China and Russia who are the kings of the Internet, not all these loud gift card yahoo boys..

The amount those Eastern Europeans pull out of the IRS alone asides other channels yearly is nothing to what EFCC parade our boys for, but of course, it's Nigeria and low self esteem..

10 Likes

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2022
See stupid justification for being known across the world as a scammer

Even if Nigerian scammers are known because of their loud and show off nature, STOP SCAMMING PEOPLE, STOP DISGRACING NIGERIA WITH YOUR STUPID SCAMS, SIMPLE.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by britbuz(m): 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2022
He simple explanation is a case of quantity (naija) over quality(China, India etc)

1 Like

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Arelyn: 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
I love the Quoran's effort in trying to paper over the crack but haven led a good number of Digital forensics investigations as a Cybersecurity expert, I can boldly say "Nigeria is the scam capital of the World"... There is no large-scale scam syndicate in the world that won't have a single Nigerian at the top tier of their structure.....

I was opportune to work on the Kinahan group case and as small as Ireland is both in terms of size and population, the group have a huge flow of cash transactions made possible by over 100 Nigerians working with them either as foot soldiers or signal module managers...The largest representation is from the over 1000 people that were indicted. They are quite smart that it took a combination of resources from Ireland, the UK, the US and Switzerland to get to the root of their deals

In all fairness, we represent the biggest and largest scammers colony per capita in the world and that's not anecdotal experience it is statistically correct

You may feel bad reading this but " fact don't care about how you feel".... It is what it is!!!

6 Likes

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Goalnaldo(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2022
Arelyn:
I love the Quoran's effort in trying to paper over the crack but haven lead a good number of Digital forensics investigations as a Cybersecurity expert, I can boldly say "Nigeria is the scam capital of the World"... There is no large-scale scam syndicate in the world that won't have a single Nigerian at the top tier of their structure.....

I was opportune to work on the Kinahan group case and as small as Ireland is both in terms of size and population, they have a huge flow of cash transactions made possible by over 100 Nigerians working with them either as foot soldiers or signal module managers...The largest representation is from the over 1000 people that were indicted. They are quite smart that it took a combination of resources from Ireland, the UK, the US and Switzerland to get to the root of their deals

In all fairness, we represent the biggest and largest scammers colony per capita in the world and that's not anecdotal experience it is statistically correct

You may feel bad reading this but " fact don't care about how you feel".... It is what it is!!!
I wish it would be possible for you to carry me along in this cybersecurity stuff. I really love the job
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Kiddogarcia(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2022
Just here to learn
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Prinss: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
Arelyn:
I love the Quoran's effort in trying to paper over the crack but haven led a good number of Digital forensics investigations as a Cybersecurity expert, I can boldly say "Nigeria is the scam capital of the World"... There is no large-scale scam syndicate in the world that won't have a single Nigerian at the top tier of their structure.....

I was opportune to work on the Kinahan group case and as small as Ireland is both in terms of size and population, the group have a huge flow of cash transactions made possible by over 100 Nigerians working with them either as foot soldiers or signal module managers...The largest representation is from the over 1000 people that were indicted. They are quite smart that it took a combination of resources from Ireland, the UK, the US and Switzerland to get to the root of their deals

Can you share any resource to back this up. Will like to have it.

1 Like

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Pimpstar: 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2022
Arelyn:

Omo Nigerians dey do crime true true

One day i was watching Nat geo channel ..The documentary was about drug dealers and cartels and these said drug people said whenever they want to wash their drug money they sent the money in car tires to somewhere in Africa and guess the arrow was moving from south america to the Africa country

Lo and behold it was Nigeria

Any crime biz , Nigerians are always involved ; Imagine washing money for drug cartels all the way from South America

5 Likes

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by EHustleTv: 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
HE'S WRONG THOUGH!!
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by EHustleTv: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
What she said!! bolden and gbam
siofra:

1 Like

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Maynmann: 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2022
siofra:

That’s right, even married women scams their wives with paternity fraud, second most in the WORLD.

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Dollarremix(m): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
Indians are number 1 scammers.if you know you know.
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
siofra:

Assemble 10,000 Nigerian youths from the South within the age bracket of 17 - 35.

You’ll discover 9,900 are into Yahoo-Yahoo (both local & international), Armed-Robbery & Kidnapping.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by DanieleLorenzo: 9:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
Nigerians dey do fraud?
All this lazy boys chaiking white women in 2022.
Only this morning, see website wey Russian devils do. 1betline abi wetin.
Not to talk if the Indians.
E sure me die say hushpuppi na just middle man.
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by jimmychang: 3:00am On Oct 14, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:
Nigerians dey do fraud?
All this lazy boys chaiking white women in 2022.
Only this morning, see website wey Russian devils do. 1betline abi wetin.
Not to talk if the Indians.
E sure me die say hushpuppi na just middle man.

Same thing I was thinking grin grin grin
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by PoliteActivist: 3:28am On Oct 14, 2022
This guy thinks Nigeria's reputation with scams was earned only recently and only in Nigeria.
It goes back a long time and exported to other countries.
No other country exports scams and scammers like Nigeria. Not even close. Nigeria also exports churches but not as much as scams and scammers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by PoliteActivist: 3:52am On Oct 14, 2022
kuuljay:
the word plenty I. His write up is comparative, India,China etc get scammers pass Nigeria,but na Nigerians dey make noise pass,most of the arrests in Nigeria here are not due to evidences but they just simply give themselves out for security agencies, other scammers out there hardly show off,they lay low invest and enjoy their money coded

You people don't understand. See my post above.
This is a long time comming not yesterday. Also Nigeria far outnumber other countries when it comes to foreing scammers in various countries!
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2022
siofra:

lies Nigeria is still learning to countries like China,India Russia,USA,mexico,and France even now Bagdashians, we are just loud mouth people the highest cashier of an average Nigeria without plus up ends in 1k while a startup in other country is 1k yet they don't make noise.
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by Arelyn: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
Goalnaldo:
I wish it would be possible for you to carry me along in this cybersecurity stuff. I really love the job

Are you comfortable with intrusive technologies? If you are I can point you in the right direction...
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by crystalmoon(m): 6:24am On Oct 15, 2022
Arelyn:

Are you comfortable with intrusive technologies? If you are I can point you in the right direction...

pls do am also interested
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by BigCowHornn: 8:29am On Oct 15, 2022
siofra:

Lol beautiful single lady like you I won't wanna hear you r experience with potential scammed both romance and financial scammers.

Your story will be long and scary
Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by PoliteActivist: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
lies Nigeria is still learning to countries like China,India Russia,USA,mexico,and France even now Bagdashians, we are just loud mouth people the highest cashier of an average Nigeria without plus up ends in 1k while a startup in other country is 1k yet they don't make noise. DanieleLorenzo jimmychang

You people think all these started yesterday and you think Nigerian scammers are only in Nigeria. See my post above. Check how many times US government has warned about Nigerian scammers compared to any other country.

My brother the reputation is well deserved. I wish I can say that it isn't. It is not because they make more noise or any such thing. Nigerians are truly a different breed (regardless of tribe). They are subconsciously always on look out for "ways" and quick to think outside the box in a scammy way. A Nigerian was the reason why a whole Wall Street changed their system of stock trading.
See this Washington Post article. It is not 1K.

washingtonpost.com
The Washington Post

Business

Nigerian scammers are stealing BILLIONS of dollars

By Cleve R. Wootson Jr.

June 12, 2018 at 2:56 PM

The FBI said June 11 it made 74 arrests in connection with 419 Nigerian email scams. The Post's Cleve R. Wootson Jr. explains how these scams have managed to be so successful.

“Scammers are doing their research … going onto company websites and looking for the right people,” FBI Assistant Director Scott Smith, who helped lead the investigation, told the Wall Street Journal. “They may even go as far as pulling annual reports and finding what companies they do business with and impersonating those accounts.”

Adeyemi Odufuye and his team, for example, sifted SEC records, company websites and other business documents, looking for the names and email addresses of chief executives, chief financial officers and controllers, court documents say.

Odufuye, who had a half dozen nicknames, including “Jefe,” the Spanish word for “chief” or “boss,” led a crew responsible for stealing $2.6 million, including $440,000 from one business in Connecticut, according to the Justice Department.
[

1 Like

Re: I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur by PoliteActivist: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2022
Dollarremix:
Indians are number 1 scammers.if you know you know.

You people are always mentioning India. How many Indians have scanmed Nigerians in Nigeria or even in other countries. But Nigerians are consistently scamming Indians in India! See below

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapper Arrested On His Way To Supply Soft Drinks And Cigarette To His Gang / Pastor Arrested For Raping 13yr Old Girl (picture) / Breaking: Active Shootings Ongoing At Maryland, Several People Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.