Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Italy Turns To Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Italy Turns To Islam (449 Views)

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / Igbo Woman Reveals The Lady Who Made Her Convert To Islam. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italy Turns To Islam by faithsurvey: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2022
Italy Turns To Islam

In Italy the ranks of Christians who have converted to Islam are swelling daily. Just as in America, France, England, Germany and other European countries a growing number of Italians are turning to the Muslim faith for spiritual solace.

"Every day, people come in wanting to know more about Islam and the conversion process," said AbdurRahman who is one of the converts and who edits his newspaper from an office at Milan's Islamic Center. "Yesterday it was one, today there were two. They come from all over, from different classes and backgrounds, and they all have different reasons for doing it."

Italian Christians who have decided to embrace Islam include engineers, artists, intellectuals, students and even a nun. Most of the converts say their final decision to convert to Islam was due to a yearning for a new spiritual dimension because religion has become lost in most of Western society. Some of the people who decide to become Muslims do so because, like me, they are going through a very difficult period in their life," he says. "Others have family problems. There are even some who are high school students and have converted in secret because they are scared to tell their parents."

AbdurRahman who is a lawyer by profession received support and understanding from his own family. He says, "They took the view that I was old enough to make my mind up for myself, and let me get on with it. In fact, my mother, who is 85 years old and has remained a Catholic, recently said to me: "I Praise Allah, because if you had continued to live the way you did before you converted, you might be dead by now."

AbdurRahman continued "At the time I was prey to a terrible mental stress, brought on by the competitiveness that is so prevalent in our type of society. After a long period of searching, I finally arrived at Islam which says that no one except God has the right to judge and dominate other men. This is what I was looking for. For me it represented a liberation from a society which believes itself to be free, but which instead forces its members to bow under the yoke of many, many different demands."

Guiuseppina, now known as Fatima, was a Roman Catholic nun, studying theology and living in a convent in Modena in central Italy. She began reading the Quran, and as her interest grew she started having doubts about her own religion and vocation. She took to visiting the Islamic Center in Milan, and finally after a great deal of soul searching, she renounced her vows and converted to Islam.

Lamenting over the state of religion in Italy, Monsignor Carlo Liberati, bishop emeritus of Pompeii, warned that the rise of atheism in Europe, along with the acceptance of moral decadence that "goes against God," is triggering the rise of Islam in Italy and other places, the Daily Mail reported."

"We are in full decline," the archbishop lamented. "Parishes are the only thing still standing."

Today there are about 2.5 million Muslims in Italy. Many of them are converts to Islam that keeps on growing each day.

You can aks read these topics by clicking on them

- Half of all Churches in US has no new member in the last two years

- See what is happening to Christianity religion in America

- Islam and Christianity compared by 20 points

- How the 1500 years old Bible differs from the modern bible

- A 1500 year old bible claimed Jesus was not crucified

- See an Archbishop who became a Muslim

`- Reasons why a Vatican priest embraced Islam

Re: Italy Turns To Islam by fman(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2022
Good
Re: Italy Turns To Islam by ANTllSLAAM: 9:54am On Oct 15, 2022
So you need more people in your bloody Islamic religion so as to turn the whole world to a desert right

Re: Italy Turns To Islam by faithsurvey: 10:45am On Oct 15, 2022
Re: Italy Turns To Islam by faithsurvey: 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2022
ANTllSLAAM:
So you need more people in your bloody Islamic religion so as to turn the whole world to a desert right

This "ANTIISLAM" writer has gone against several nairaland's rules such as rules 2, 3, 5, 8, 10 and 13 by his aggressive and blackmailing statements.
Re: Italy Turns To Islam by ANTllSLAAM: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
faithsurvey:

This "ANTIISLAM" writer has gone against several nairaland's rules such as rules 2, 3, 5, 8, 10 and 13 by his aggressive and blackmailing statements.

So your own Topic is not blackmailing right, Italy turns to Islam in ur dream abi
Re: Italy Turns To Islam by faithsurvey: 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2022
In Language mentioning the name of a country may sometime means the people of that country. So the topic simply means "the people of Italy are turning to Islam as a religion" and there are many indications, proofs, articles as well as results from different polls and surveys to confirm this.
Re: Italy Turns To Islam by ANTllSLAAM: 7:39am On Oct 16, 2022
Watch out for this

Re: Italy Turns To Islam by faithsurvey: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2022
.This incident will happen at the end of time, when the world is about to come to an end.
Re: Italy Turns To Islam by faithsurvey: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2022
ANTllSLAAM:
Watch out for this

This incident will happen at the end of time, when the world is about to come to an end.
Re: Italy Turns To Islam by ANTllSLAAM: 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2022
faithsurvey:

This incident will happen at the end of time, when the world is about to come to an end.

Says your chief imam abi? grin

(1) (Reply)

salam / Question On Wearing Of Hijab / Ramadan A Month Of Blessing By Baba Ali Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.