Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,153 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Worship. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worship. (175 Views)

Donald Trump; "We Worship God......." Epic Reply From Atheists (screenshots) / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worship. by BalogunWrites(m): 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2022
In reverence, we would all close our eyes. Then, the handsome priest would speak seldomly, in Latin, and often, in English, when praying, or performing any of those rites in a Sunday mass.

While preaching, then, softly, he would weave the scriptures with relevant simple stories. At times, fictional. Very creative. He used to observe the rules, guilding the pronunciation of the English words, too.

I remember those few times he would correct his alter servers whenever there is any hitch; with that soft smile. If you weren't observant, you wouldn't know.

'cause of him, I often love to sit at the far end of the cathedral bench, so that whenever he's passing, I would behold this glory clearly. So that I would be able to sniff in the smell that comes from the incense burner.

Solitude. Beauty. Fragrance.

Peace. Mindfulness. Love.

Whenever we go there, or stay in our abodes, these, and other virtues, do melt the flesh. And gently provokes the spirit to worship.

Worship, without the spirit, is not true.

You don't force the spirit too.

You woo

it.

That Rev. Father wasn't an angel, but till today, I can't still forget his lips, his gentle gestures; his all... Why? He made 'us' to worship.

Again, worship, without the spirit, is not true.

As you can find Him in those castles, you can find Him too, in your closets. Worship Him.

BALOGUN Kehinde.

#BalogunTheMinstrel

#balogunwrites

(1) (Reply)

Lord! Make Us Glad In Our Days / Alert! Markazud Dawah Resumes Modrasah Activities Tomorrow / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional November 3 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.