Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,586 members, 7,850,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:42 AM

Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods (18347 Views)

Crowdfunding Ransom Will Worsen Kidnapping, Badaru, Defence Minister Warns / N4.5tr Budget Deficit May Trigger Fresh Recession - Zainab Ahmed, Minister Warns / Primaries: Compromised And Be Sacked, Oshiomhole Warns State APC Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by BABANGBALI: 7:22am On Oct 17, 2022
Thank God my Kogi state is not in the list

MY SISTER HUSTLE FA, ��
SO THAT IF U WANT TO EAT PIZZA OR SOMETHING ELSE, U WILL OPEN UR WALLET NOT YOUR Leg.. ��
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by virginchaser(m): 7:22am On Oct 17, 2022
It's shameful that some states government will collect relief materials in form of palliatives, money, lock it up in warehouses and plan for distribution during their birthday parties.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Ovieemmanuel: 7:24am On Oct 17, 2022
God purnish your generation. Is now you want to open your mouth and say rubbish. When the flood has finished bayelsa and delta. Foolish Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by layzie: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2022
What is the cause of this flood? Reportedly discharge from Cameroun dam.
What are we doing about it Y not tackle this issue from the root cause??
Houses submerged in Kogi, many people dead in several northern and southern states, over 1m displaced. East west road sliced into two.
What is FEC doing pls? Is there any provision in the budget to build the infrastructure to mop up this excess water? What is being done today avert this from happening tomorrow when water is discharged again from Cameroun? Na just to warn people to leave their homes No solution from govt??

Abi next year when Cameroun discharge again people go die again and FG will be warning people after the worst has happened already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by SmartPolician: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2022
Honestly, we need to talk less about 2203 elections and discuss this flooding.

Nigerians are really suffering, many displaced, houses submerged and people killed by floods, but we are more interested in 2023 because we are not affected.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by kaywhy09(m): 7:31am On Oct 17, 2022
Minister of disaster

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by AwkaFinest: 7:33am On Oct 17, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
It's impressive that Akwa ibom isn't making the list of places with major devastation from flooding. The government has bee ln digging mighty drainages around the state. I guess, they are turning very useful this period. I love proactive governments and not reactive ones.

There's no major tributary or river in Akwa Ibom that's prone to flooding. Akwa Ibom does not lie on an area prone to flood.
With the exception of Cross River, these are states that has direct link to the River Niger.

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by R0LL0N(m): 7:38am On Oct 17, 2022
Saadia You are a thief Npower shall never never forget you. See as you wear fine cloth

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Cantonese: 7:44am On Oct 17, 2022
That's the result of repeatedly failing to dredge the river.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by membranus: 7:45am On Oct 17, 2022
kaywhy09:
Minister of disaster

The most greedy and shameless minister of them all.

Buhari government is an all round disaster.

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by dannie007(m): 7:49am On Oct 17, 2022
Very Clueless Leaders!! Poor Thinkers. So painful this Flood is causes my humans not the natural disaster as it been portrayed.

How can we Have Rivers without the Government dredging them to accommodate water Example is Lokoja the conflex point where River Niger and Benue Meets is already filled with Sand washed From the Mainland into the water as Erosion. And this happens everytime we have Rainfall.

We have poor Policy Makers and don't plan for growth and Expansion of the populace
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by membranus: 7:52am On Oct 17, 2022
Mrkrobz:
Instead of creating ways to prevent the flood
You are quick to stick with evacuation
Because una too like the easy way out

Meanwhile, "CHAPTER 2" of my animation series is out, check my profile

Where are they evacuating the people to, and by what means?

And which country does she thinks she is? Does she think she is in America where emergency procedures are top class. Somebody should tell her this is Nigeria where government officials do not give a damn what happens to the general masses, but only about what gets into their pockets.

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by henrimoto(m): 7:52am On Oct 17, 2022
Msmither:
Dead agencies.

Most agencies in Nigeria are dead. They collect salaries without doing anything.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Buhari4sale: 7:55am On Oct 17, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
Farooq Umar is a stupid man!

What does him mean by "people obstructing water channel"?

What is the responsibility of FG?
Were they not supposed to have been relocated to higher grounds before now?
Warnings came, but what preparations did the FG made?

10 whole years! Nothing was done to mitigate this flooding. It happened in 2012, it's happening in 2022 and it will happen again in 2032. Useless Govt.

And we will continue to suffer the consequences of our stupidity a Nigerians for letting these set of people pilot and preside over the affairs of this country.

After all some of the victims of the flood were chanting Sai baba in 2019.

I only pity innocent victims.

2023 is before us again.... If you like, vote an incompetent, old, foolish dying ancestor, because he is from your region and he is of the same religion with you.

Vote wisely!

Dem say water wan carry your people go.. You are there shouting vote wisely.. I don't know if pollin unit dey for heaven

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Jogs1900: 7:57am On Oct 17, 2022
adajoe555:
Why didn't you create this awareness before the flood came?

No public announcement, no warning or evacuation plans.
Now the flood is already destructing things, you are talking trash. This country is just full of shit.

sad
There was actually announcement in some states like Kaduna but my own anger is that the relief materials brought by donor agencies were being shared to only areas the ruling parties are sure of getting votes from.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by ComeToJesus: 8:01am On Oct 17, 2022
People that are submerged already should prepare for evacuation.

Bubu's team is horrible. Sadly so.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Emmasnoop(m): 8:07am On Oct 17, 2022
Una go curse them here and the same time go vote for them, unserious people everywhere.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by adajoe555: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2022
Jogs1900:

There was actually announcement in some states like Kaduna but my own anger is that the relief materials brought by donor agencies were being shared to only areas the ruling parties are sure of getting votes from.

There was no announcement in Rivers State... My local government is battling the flood right now. No timely intervention, it's saddening.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Jogs1900: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2022
adajoe555:

There was no announcement in Rivers State... My local government is battling the flood right now. No timely intervention, it's saddening.
Waoh...thats bad.. so sorry for that...The state government too needs to be blamed too.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by caprini1: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2022
Well ,at least she can finally put moneys with her into real use and not feeding sone imaginary school children with billions.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by NaBanga: 8:34am On Oct 17, 2022
The government has no plan for the masses. The lack of government is saddening. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Belteshazzar1: 8:47am On Oct 17, 2022
They should just transfer the water to the north see as everywhere hot here
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Fuckyoumod: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2022
Buhari4sale:

Dem say water wan carry your people go.. You are there shouting vote wisely.. I don't know if pollin unit dey for heaven

Lol....... You funny my brother.

My people can't be swept by flood.

Flood go only affect my people if Nigeria is submerged completely or if Nigeria falls into the leadership of a peeing and pooing ancestor President.

Lol....
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by RZArecta(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2022
What a bloody ídiot cheesy the flood that is in the affected states now is what ? The people evacuating now are what ? Kick and start minister that doesn't know her job
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by emy9(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2022
Ifearnoevil:
You are calling on them after the floods have done it's worst.
What an unserious country.

Why do you think she is called the minister of disaster?
She is thanking her boss for the devastating effects of flooding on the populace. Minister of disaster. grin grin
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 17, 2022
Something mysterious about these floods, just coming a few months to elections. I think they re politically activated floods designed to disenfranchise people from the south. If people are displaced by floods then they cannot vote hence there will be no elections inthe flood regions, a win win for the scamming people in power.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by sterlingD(m): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2022
The true test of a government is how the government behaves in the time of perilous situations.
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by dreu2fine(m): 9:14am On Oct 17, 2022
Itopalucky:

https://radionigeria.gov.ng/2022/10/16/fg-urges-states-to-commit-to-flood-warnings/
Late news it's here already and it's planning to go back yeyeee govament
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2022
Lovenorth:
let me won you, if Tinubu becomes Nigerian president the corruption and ineffectiveness of this useless government would be a child play, meanwhile Shettima has already activated Jonathan model grin
This ya spelling be like an illiterate person
Re: Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods by Hartway: 9:42am On Oct 17, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Bayelsa State / Kano Assembly Raises Panel To Probe Sanusi Over Fresh Claims / Mace Theft: National Assembly Committee Summons Omo-Agege, Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.