Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) (2070 Views)

This Thread Is For Food Lovers ( Foodies)..upload The Foods You Eat. / World Jollof Day 2018: Three Fun Recipes To Try / My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
Where are NL food lovers at wink cheesy
Join me here let's share healthy & yummy recipes together

I love good food especially for healing cool my other name is tasty meals no cap cheesy

So I'll be sharing mouth watering/ healing recipes here for others to try out kiss kiss kiss
Everyone can make tasty meals if they learn and apply

Happy viewing! tongue grin

5 Likes

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
HOW TO REMOVE GAS FROM YOUR BEANS/ MAKE IT COOK FASTER

Hello foodies, reduce your cooking time by half, by adding a table spoon of lemon juice while parboiling beans.
Drain, rinse and add another tablespoon to cook properly. You can use a regular or pressure pot

The acid in the lemon helps suck out every form of preservative, reduce the gas causing agent in the beans and also soften it faster shocked

Aside softening, both lemon juice and carrot adds a distinct flavour to your beans kiss

This is a tested and trusted tip I've used over and over. kiss
Try this for soft/tasty beans, and say goodbye to stomach bloating or heartburn after eating.

No more excuse for not eating beans o cheesy
This tip will shock you and it's +velyl backed by research.

#cheflife #foodlover #cookingtips #beans #lemonjuice #carrots

2 Likes

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2022
OFE NSALA (White Soup) Recipe

Ingredients:

➡️I Freshfish preferably Catfish but I used Titus and shrimps

➡️8 small pieces white yam
➡️1 small stockfish
➡️5 Utazi leaves (a little goes a long way because they are bitter)

➡️Small piece of ogili igbo
➡️Crayfish
➡️3 yellow Nsukka pepper shocked lol (you can use your choice)

➡️1 homemade seasoning cube
➡️1 teaspoon homemade pepper soup spice
➡️Salt (to taste)

Directions:

Boil the yam, pound or blend till it's smooth and set aside

I soak stockfish ahead of time so it gets soft before I even start cooking

Wash and seasoning the stockfish/ shrimp and fish. add little water, and put it on fire to cook on low heat for 8 minutes

Roughly pound or blend crayfish, pepper, and utazi and add them into the pot of fish. Add the ogili igbo / pepper soup spice and cook for 7 -10 minutes

Add more water enough for the soup

Then add the pounded yam into the pot of Ofe Nsala in bits to avoid an overly thick soup, cover and cook on low heat for 8 minutes.

Once the yam dissolves the soup will thicken up. I love mine watery wink

Check and adjust seasoning and soup is ready. By now your neighbours should be shouting who is cooking shocked cheesy cheesy

Serve with pounded yam or semo

Enjoy! kiss

Cooking is an Art! There are no binding rules so you can experiment with whatever you prefer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
Brunch cool
Ignore the burnt offering, e don reach belle laidat cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mangeons! kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2022
Starting the day off with this healthy seeds drink.
A wonder drink for general wellbeign. It's also great for TTC moms

Sunflower / sesame seeds, toast on low heat and grind to fine powder

Mix a teaspoon of each powder in hot water, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and sweeten with honey or any healthy sweetner kiss

What you eat or drink daily will show on your skin since it replaces itself every 35 days
Our internal organs aren't left out, cos the body is constantly making new cells

Whatever you put in will determine if the cells will stay healthy or go wrong and change to become dea.dly

Don't dig your grav.e with your spoon!
Be intentional!

Good morning foodie fam

#Healthyliving #sunflowerseeds #sesameseeds #fertility #plantbaseddiet #lemon #honey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2022
HOW TO DE-BONE HERRINGS aka SARDINE FISH (SAWA) shocked

Since the price of canned sardines went to the roof I started making my own and it's unbelievably delicious
If I don't tell you it's not canned you wouldn't know
So I thought to share with you all the 5 steps I use in de-bonning them before slowcooking

Also check the next post for the step by step video kiss

➡️ Firstly, gently descale your herrings, trim the tail and fins off

➡️ Then using a blunt knife cut across the head just beneath the gills but don't cut the bone off

That's why a blunt knife is better used.

Also cut round the tail end without cutting the bone off
NOTE: ( keeping the bone intact on both head and tail is very important)

➡️ Remove the guts

➡️ Now hold the head still attached and gently press along the spine of the fish, with the belly facing down.
keep pressing through the spine down to the tail until you feel the flesh of the fish being released from the bones within it.

➡️ Then locate that bone you didn't cut off at the head, hold the body of the fish tight and pull.

The long bone comes out beautifully with ease and the fish doesn't scatter
It takes just few minutes to neatly pull the long bone out if you pressed the spine well to release it.

Truth is this fish is very nutritious and even less expensive in my area. Na bones dey pursue people sad

The best way to enjoy this fish is to de-bone it then cook on low heat to soften any pin bone that didn't come out during de-bonning

Go ahead, cook your fish and enjoy kiss
God bless you Nanaaba's kitchen for teaching me this technique

3 Likes

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2022
For those who would love to watch the step by step video
Here is the channel I learnt it from.
Just click on the link and watch the video cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vebSfqB5MYs

1 Like

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by kinah(f): 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2022
Sardine is now vereerrrrrrry expensive now o
Than any other fish.

1 Like

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2022
kinah:
Sardine is now vereerrrrrrry expensive now o
Than any other fish.
The big fresh ones are very cheap in my area o
Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by kinah(f): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2022
tatacherie:

The big fresh ones are very cheap in my area o

In ABEOKUTA here it is expensive and scarce.
Where is your area?

1 Like

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2022
kinah:

In ABEOKUTA here it is expensive and scarce.
Where is your area?
Benin
It appears most people run away from it cos of the bones. They Sara for market here

1 Like

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
TASTY CORNMEAL PORRIDGEwink kiss
flavoured with ginger and carrots

Steps:
➡️ Scrap the outer skin off ginger and carrot
➡️ Grate your ginger and carrots. I prefer them grated because the fibers aids digestion.
Alternatively you can extract the juice using a juicer.
➡️ Dissolve your pap and grated carrot with little water or with the carrot and ginger juice
(let your dissolved pap be creamy and not watery)
➡️ Add boiling water to your dissolved pap while stirring constantly.

Cover with a lid for few minutes to set properly. Your flavoured pap is ready

➡️ You can garnish with veggies of choice( cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, cabbage, avocado etc)

If you do plant based you can use freshly made coconut, tiger nut or rice milk cool

No coconut today so I'm using canned animal milk angry

it's yummy all the same but there's nothing as healthy as fresh homemade milk cheesy

Enjoy your day kiss

#cornmeal #plantbased #foodie #veggielover #foodforhealth #natureheals #carrots #ginge

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2023
Lunch grin
Graviola !
A fruit as sweet as early morning sleep kiss

People like us wey stay with grandma na showershop ati shawanchop dem teach us cheesy cheesy cheesy

Growing up what did you call this fruit?

À table mes amis kiss
Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 5:19am On Mar 11, 2023
Here's my JOLLOF BEANS RECIPE

Ingredients
➡️ Beans
➡️ Fresh tomatoes
➡️ Fresh pepper
➡️ Onions
➡️ Palm oil
➡️ Shrimp whole & powdered
➡️ Smoked or dry fish
➡️ Scent leaves 1 or 2
➡️ 1 Carrot or 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
➡️ Salt

Beans preparation
Select, wash and bring beans to a boil.
Drain the water then pour fresh water to cook

Dice 1 carrot and throw into the pot to help the beans get soft faster/ reduce the gas agent that causes bloating. 1 tablespoon of lemon juice serves the same purpose. However this is optional and can be skipped!

Slice and add some onions to the boiling beans
Add salt to taste

Set beans aside once soft then make your sauce

AROMATIC SAUCE

Roughly blend your fresh tomatoes, pepper/onions and set aside
Heat up some palm oil and add few scent leaves/whole shrimps to infuse into the oil

Add your sliced onions and fry for few seconds
The aroma should fill the atmosphere by now

Add the roughly blend veggies
Add fish, shrimp powder, salt, adjust seasoning and fry till it's dry

Add your soft cooked beans to the sauce, add 1 or 2 fresh pepper, green pepper & spring onion for a more intense flavour, stir and cover to combine well

Serve, eat and lick plate! wink cheesy

Happy weekend lovelies!
#foodie #beans #EWA #beaninspiration

2 Likes

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by Totalsuccess123(m): 3:41am On Oct 17, 2023
INTRODUCING BEANS SECRET SOLUTION
Hello nairalanders, lemme first introduce myself my name is Elisha aka The Cookman
I want to ask you the following question, Please do you normally experience bloating or stomach upset or purging or heartburn after eating beans OR please do you know a friend who complains that he feels bloated or stomach upset or purging or heartburn after eating beans. I am EXCEEDINGLY GLAD to inform you that I have a BEANS SECRET SOLUTION for that girl, boy, mother or pregnant woman, child, father, pastor etc. who complains of heartburn, stomach upset, purging, boating after eating beans.

Kindly reply this comment, IF you are (or that friend is) INTERESTED to discover their BEANS SECRET SOLUTION OR kindly click the link below so that Elisha aka The Cookman can show you the BEANS SECRET SOLUTION:
https:///message/RRIP5OLWVEJQL1

Please Note: Per boiling reduces what causes the bloating, but also massively reduces vital water-soluble vitamins and minerals in the beans. My BEANS SECRET SOLUTION offers you to enjoy cooked beans WITHOUT having to per boil it before and WITHOUT any complications after eating it.

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by Totalsuccess123(m): 3:45am On Oct 17, 2023
INTRODUCING BEANS SECRET SOLUTION
Hello nairalanders, lemme first introduce myself my name is Elisha aka The Cookman
I want to ask you the following question, Please do you normally experience bloating or stomach upset or purging or heartburn after eating beans OR please do you know a friend who complains that he feels bloated or stomach upset or purging or heartburn after eating beans. I am EXCEEDINGLY GLAD to inform you that I have a BEANS SECRET SOLUTION for that girl, boy, mother or pregnant woman, child, father, pastor, imam, any cleric, anybody at all etc. who complains of experiencing heartburn, stomach upset, purging, boating after eating beans.

Kindly reply this comment, IF you are (or that friend is) INTERESTED to discover their BEANS SECRET SOLUTION OR kindly click the link below so that Elisha aka The Cookman can show you the BEANS SECRET SOLUTION:
https:///message/RRIP5OLWVEJQL1 or WHATSAPP number 08143987048

Please Note: Per boiling reduces what causes the bloating, but also massively reduces vital water-soluble vitamins and minerals in the beans. My BEANS SECRET SOLUTION offers you to enjoy cooked beans WITHOUT having to per boil it before and WITHOUT any complications after eating it.

Re: Healing Homemade Recipes - (salon des Foodies) by tatacherie: 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
Homemade tomatoes paste canned successfully

(1) (Reply)

Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food / Share Your Secret Recipes / How Much Is The Price Of Turkey Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.