Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders (57539 Views)

Alaba Market Traders Kick Against Plan By Lagos To Demolish Secretariat / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Emperor88(m): 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

His parents, friends and so could have given money as well. That was the reason white people colonized us. Slave mentality.
You're blessed.... some comments I'm reading is just giving me headache. Even his father does not have that entitlement not to talk of the Boss. If you are nice to the boy, the boy will definitely reciprocate.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by MuslimIgbo: 11:21pm On Oct 19, 2022
Manson1:
Not every success you announce... Silence is a powerful tool...

About starting your building project? See our live thread for our ongoing building construction project of a 3-bedroom bungalow in Oron, Akwa Ibom... Link in my signature
You can never hide a sport betting winning, unless you played online.
Most times,most of this local gamblers don't know how to do that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by jojothaiv(m): 11:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
GreaterFuture:

The way I red the news and e dey pepper me for body eehn...
Kai!
Baba, I no even know where to start but believe me traditional law or not, most Nigerians are greedy and again, when it involves money, just forget it, our true color go comot.

Mind you, I no support the oga and the people wey talk say make the guy give am 50% and I no really care about any other contrary opinion

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by being(m): 11:24pm On Oct 19, 2022
How ridiculous!!
Just because you have been accustomed to primitive thinking, does that make it correct?
Someone won something for himself, you are saying it belongs to someone else .. is it in deir agreement?
Is that kind of thing Iawful?
Is d apprentice a bought slave owned by d master?

immortalcrown:
Why can't apprentices do such things without louding it?

A similar situation happened in Onitsha and the boss wanted the whole money. The boss said he is entitled to the whole money because the apprentice used his (boss's money) to play the bet. Meanwhile, the apprentice used his lunch money for the bet as his boss gave him 300 Naira daily for lunch. I don't know how they settled it.

I am not in support of the boss's claim. But let us be factual and logical here. It is best to keep such as a secret. If you as an apprentice expose such, the boss can claim the money. He can even win in a law court because the apprentice is his responsibility and the apprentice is obligated to dedicate all his time to serving the boss during the apprentiship period, especially if the boss takes the boy to shop and gives him lunch from home.

If the boss gives the boy transport fare or money for lunch, the court can establish that the boy owns the bet money because the boy has the right to decide whether to starve himself and spend his lunch money on something else. If the boy does not get transport fare and lunch allowance, the court will establish that the capital used for the bet belongs to the boss, therefore the boss will get the money worn from the betting.

If the apprentice dies during the apprentiship period, the boss would be held responsible. This is why whatever the apprentice achieves under the boss is accredited to the boss.

So, if you are an apprentice and you play bet or anything for yourself, keep it as a secret. Your boss owns you when you are under him. So, use your brain.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by edward1106(m): 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
Psalm42:
Crazy! That man is an enemy of progress any time any day man!! But me I will just find him small thing

Who knows if the boss will help him save it or invest it? Seriously, many who have won it have such an amount have wasted it. I just hope the boss taking half is for the better and not greed.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by jojothaiv(m): 11:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
Originalsly:

Really? ... so he can't be gifted money? .... this is not apprenticeship... this is indenture ... half step above slavery.

I don't even know why the boy would even be listening to his covetous boss. ... he should walk out from his place ... go to the nearest car dealer ... buy a car and drive back to his village or wherever.

The scenario happened some months ago in Jega, Kebbi State. The oga na spare part dealer as the situation dey tensed for the boy, the nigga cut out leave the oga o.

2 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by brandsoncharlie: 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
FullBlastLight:
Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet in Alaba Market, His Boss Orders the Boy To Give Him Half of the Money

https://www.legit.ng/people/1498715-apprentice-wins-n16m-sports-bet-alaba-market-boss-orders-boy-give-money/
Money he will use to increase his chances of leaving Nigeria to settle in the USA for oil rig jobs. grin
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by immortalcrown(m): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
being:
How ridiculous!!
Just because you have been accustomed to primitive thinking, does that make it correct?
Someone won something for himself, you are saying it belongs to someone else .. is it in deir agreement?
Is that kind of thing Iawful?
Is d apprentice a bought slave owned by d master?

You are the ridiculous one who reads without your brain. I made it clear that I don't support the boss. I then explained what would make the boy win or lose the case if the matter is taken to court. Next time, use your brain to read.

The fact is if the boy is given money for his transport and feeding, he owns the money he won. But if his boss drives him to shop and gives him home made food, it is assumed the boy stole his boss money to play the bet.

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by seanwilliam(m): 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
If he’s a nice boss to me, I’ll give you 6m.
If he’s not nice I’ll give him 2m
Regardless, he’s still my boss

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by oneMalik: 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
Only those who have never been under anybody apart from their parents or those who has never taken care of somebody under them will blame the Boss.

What if the boy died under him ?

My mechanic in second rainbow here in mile 2 bought a Jeep Cherokee for a customer as replacement when he left shop after closing hour and his boys he brought from village took the jeep for a night grooving and crash the car beyond repair .

He couldn't go for Xmas that year cos the boys were nowhere to be found even in the village . He sold his 2 cars for this problem and the worst was those parents never bliv this man until the second year when they heard from one of the boys . No be small problem I !

if you understand you'll know the OGA is even fair.

Don't just think as if you're the boy alone , think as if you're the Oga too . maybe you'll be fair in your judgement .

4 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
I don't believe it was his oga's money he used to play bet.Ibo masters are very calculative,mean and stingy O.They are like those Yoruba mechanics who uses Okada brake wire to flog their apprentice if the do wrong.
They know how much their goods are worth.The boy probably inflated the prices to customers so as to make extra gain.
If you serve them you go suffer.

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by vickydevoka(m): 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
immortalcrown:

A similar situation happened in Onitsha and the boss wanted the whole money. The boss said he is entitled to the whole money because the apprentice used his (boss's money) to play the bet. Meanwhile, the apprentice used his lunch money for the bet as his boss gave him 300 Naira daily for lunch. I don't know how they settled it.

I am not in support of the boss's claim. But let us be factual and logical here. It is best to keep such as a secret. If you as an apprentice expose such, the boss can claim the money. He can even win in a law court because the apprentice is his responsibility and the apprentice is obligated to dedicate all his time to serving the boss during the apprentiship period, especially if the boss takes the boy to shop and gives him lunch from home. If the boss gives the boy transport fare or money for lunch, the court can establish that the boy owns the bet money because the boy has the right to decide whether to starve himself and spend his lunch money on something else. If the boy does not get transport fare and lunch allowance, the court will establish that the capital used for the bet belongs to the boss, therefore the boss will get the money won from the betting.

If the apprentice dies during the apprentiship period, the boss would be held responsible. This is why whatever the apprentice achieves under the boss is accredited to the boss.

So, if you are an apprentice and you play bet or anything for yourself, keep it as a secret. Your boss owns you when you are under him. So, use your brain.
One naira the boss no go collect.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by dododawa1: 11:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
Is like GAMBLING is taking over from YAHOO YAHOO
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by vickydevoka(m): 11:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
immortalcrown:

I am not in support of the boss's claim. But let us be factual and logical here. It is best to keep such as a secret. If you as an apprentice expose such, the boss can claim the money. He can even win in a law court because the apprentice is his responsibility and the apprentice is obligated to dedicate all his time to serving the boss during the apprentiship period, especially if the boss takes the boy to shop and gives him lunch from home. If the boss gives the boy transport fare or money for lunch, the court can establish that the boy owns the bet money because the boy has the right to decide whether to starve himself and spend his lunch money on something else. If the boy does not get transport fare and lunch allowance, the court will establish that the capital used for the bet belongs to the boss, therefore the boss will get the money won from the betting.

They only issue is that the boy might not do well because he might be chase away from the market
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by vickydevoka(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Small 300k go settle this matter if him employ cultists to bail am grin grin
Cultist is not the solution. Navy better pass.
Cultist billing no de end.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by vickydevoka(m): 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
Manson1:
Not every success you announce... Silence is a powerful tool...

About starting your building project? See our live thread for our ongoing building construction project of a 3-bedroom bungalow in Oron, Akwa Ibom... Link in my signature
I can't hide bet9ja success. My guy won 9million he try hiding it still it leaked. How? They person who who collected the money exposed him unintentionally.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by vickydevoka(m): 12:00am On Oct 20, 2022
Elsueno:
What a naive kid, bundled together with a greedy & selfish boss...if na me ehn, if d boss never asked for anything, I go dash am like 2 mil before I japa....But if he ask ehn...shishi him no go see
They oga will not collect o. He's already feeling entitled accompanied by friends
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by johnfem321: 12:05am On Oct 20, 2022
If oga didn’t bring him to come and learn work at that particular place and help him with some
Money .. he wouldn’t have won the money.. time and chance by God through people.. he should be grateful..
Tokskob2008:

Lol, I agree he needs to give Oga small change but saying he has to do it because it's the oga's money he used is funny. You think if Oga knew the boy uses his money to play bet9ja he wouldn't have sent him packing But now wey luck don shine on the boy Oga wan dey claim, honestly if I was the boy I won't give him more than 200k.

4 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Jaysuperry411: 12:09am On Oct 20, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Small 300k go settle this matter if him employ cultists to bail am grin grin
thats just it
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Originalsly: 12:12am On Oct 20, 2022
Kobicove:

So you think the best course of action for a person who just came into money and has no source of income is to go out and buy a car?

With N16 M why should he continue being a slave? The car can be a source of income..... can't it?

2 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Kobicove(m): 12:21am On Oct 20, 2022
Originalsly:

With N16 M why should he continue being a slave? The car can be a source of income..... can't it?

The boy in question is probably in his early twenties and is still learning a trade under his boss.

At this stage buying a car should not be his priority but if he does so with this windfall income I guarantee he will blow the whole money in less than 6 months because a lot of fairweather friends will start flocking around him and he does not as of yet have any source of income to replace the money he's going to be spending!

4 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:29am On Oct 20, 2022
16million cashout is enough power for the apprentice to make his decision
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:38am On Oct 20, 2022
How can someone win 16million in bet? hype for betting coy is serious fever angry

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Prettychild(f): 12:41am On Oct 20, 2022
immortalcrown:

Not true dear, the boss can’t win this in court. The boy was merely on a frolic of his own when luck shined on him

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by immortalcrown(m): 12:55am On Oct 20, 2022
Prettychild:

Not true dear, the boss can’t win this in court. The boy was merely on a frolic of his own when luck shined on him
You probably didn't read my comment to the end. If the boss drives the boy to shop, gives the boy lunch from home and does not give the boy pocket money, the boss will win in a court because the court will conclude the boy stole the boss's money to play the bet. But if the boss gives the boy pocket money, the boss will like not win the case.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by PeachtreeReside(f): 1:09am On Oct 20, 2022
DashHaulageltd:
For a lot of people who do not know much about the apprentice system, I’d explain further for you. The boy who serves his oga is actually not allowed by law to have money till he finishes learning his trade and gets settled to start his own. It’s therefore assumed that whatever money the boy used in this situation to play the bet belongs to his boss. His winning should actually entirely go to the boss if he was a selfish man. Asking for equal sharing is valid and no one should feel cheated here.

Which law?
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Tzar(m): 1:14am On Oct 20, 2022
That boss is a wicked man!
Nigerians and entitlement mentality!
How can so many wicked people populate such a small space called NIGERIA?! It is really baffling!
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by ThatsONYI: 1:23am On Oct 20, 2022
DashHaulageltd:
For a lot of people who do not know much about the apprentice system, I’d explain further for you. The boy who serves his oga is actually not allowed by law to have money till he finishes learning his trade and gets settled to start his own. It’s therefore assumed that whatever money the boy used in this situation to play the bet belongs to his boss. His winning should actually entirely go to the boss if he was a selfish man. Asking for equal sharing is valid and no one should feel cheated here.

shocked

More reason, nwaboi apprenticeship program must either be scrapped or modernized, in an "African way" though.

Archaic BS that almost destroyed me, it's not meant for people trying to stay honest!
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by ModCaller: 1:29am On Oct 20, 2022
immortalcrown:

See gutter reasoning. This country is doomed with people like you

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by ModCaller: 1:33am On Oct 20, 2022
DashHaulageltd:

See gutter reasoning. This country is totally fûcked with people like you.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by pipnator00(m): 1:57am On Oct 20, 2022
The boy is entitled to 100% of his winning. The boy is an entity of his own and not a slave.
The master gives him money for feeding (or however he got the money/even if he stole the oga's money) and what he does with the money including whatever the outcome (winning the bet) of utilizing the money is 100% his right.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Originalsly: 1:59am On Oct 20, 2022
Kobicove:

The boy in question is probably in his early twenties and is still learning a trade under his boss.

At this stage buying a car should not be his priority but if he does so with this windfall income I guarantee he will blow the whole money in less than 6 months because a lot of fairweather friends will start flocking around him and he does not as of yet have any source of income to replace the money he's going to be spending!

I hear you... but my point is he should leave immediately not because he now has money ... but because his boss is covetous. I wouldn't be surprised if the boss already made arrangements to have him kidnapped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onyinye Chukwuma Called To Bar Today. Photos / List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy / Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.