Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg (17800 Views)

Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness / Tinubu Pledges To Build Knowledge Based Economy (Video) / NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by AliyuMahdi9: 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
Lol

seunmsg:
Tinubu will get the job done. He understands the economy and also appreciate the diversity of the country. His manifestos is the best and even his worst critics are turning around to accept that his ideas are the best for the country. We must give this man the opportunity to help us reshape and reset the destiny of this country to the path of economic growth, industrialization, secured communities and shared prosperity.

I stand with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. What about you?
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Manofnaija: 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117760583:

That's how you guys go about deceiving yourselves grin grin grin see the urchin claiming Obidient just registered to deceive his kindred

The said Tinubu's policy document is less than what they told us in 2015/2019 - CHANGE/NEXT LEVEL...
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by ObalendeCMS: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
Please remember “who” Tinubu’s vice is, should he become President. Enough bandits, terrorism, boko haram, almajiris, kidnapping for ransom and the total Islamization of Nigeria. Remember!!!
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Curious345: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
Villa12:
YES chukwuemeka

Online Alakija grin

Thanks .. God will also hear your prayers
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by bobbybrown007: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

You were happy to see him and Buhari not in good terms then
lolz, don't they enter the same plane at times? Abeg they no what they are doing.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Traplord09: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
[quote author=seunmsg post=117759616]Tinubu will get the job done. He understands the economy and also appreciate the diversity of the country. His manifestos is the best and even his worst critics are turning around to accept that his ideas are the best for the country. We must give this man the opportunity to help us reshape and reset the destiny of this country to the path of economic growth, industrialization, secured communities and shared prosperity.

Nigerian presidential candidate Bola Tinubu said he will phase out costly fuel subsidies and more than triple oil production to help accelerate growth in Africa’s biggest economy if he wins elections in February.

THE PROMISES AND THE LEVEL OF FULFILMENT
1. Ban on government officials from going abroad for medical treatment: FAILED

2, State and community: FAILED

3. Public declaration of assets and liabilities: FAILED

4. Introduction of National Gender Policy and offer of 35 per cent appointment to women: FAILED

5. Creation of three million jobs per year: FAILED
6. The revival of Ajaokuta Steel Company: FAILED

7. Creation of a Social Welfare Programme where a minimum of N5000 would be paid to 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens: FAILED

8. Building one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging 10 per cent annually. FAILED

9. Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to 50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply within 10 years. FAILED

10. Empowerment scheme to employ 740,000 graduates across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory. FAILED

11. Payment of allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for 12 months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programme. FAILED

12.Establishment of a free-tuition and scholarship scheme for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science subjects at O/Levels to study ICT-related courses. FAILED

13.. Creation of 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation per annum (20,000 per state) FAILED

14.. Creating additional middle-class of at least 2 million new homeowners in our first year in government and 1 million annually thereafter. FAILED

15.. Creating a National Conflict Resolution Commission to prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity. FAILED

16.Building six centres of excellence to address the needs of special education –

17.. The defeat of Boko Haram and the rehabilitation and reintegration of repentant insurgents – FAILED

18. Upgrading all Federal Government-owned hospitals to world-class facilities within five years – FAILED.

19. Free maternal and child healthcare services – FAILED

20. Strengthening operational and legal instruments to discipline members of the Armed Forces over confirmed cases of human rights violations – FAILED

21. Increasing the number of doctors from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000 – FAILED

22. Establishment of at least six new universities of science and technology with satellite campuses in states of the Federation – FAILED

23.. Prompt passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and addressing local content issues in the oil and gas sector – FAILED

24.. Ending gas flaring and ensuring sales of at least half of gas produced within the country – FAILED

25.. A constitutional amendment to oblige local governments in the country to publish minutes of their meetings, service performance data, and spending over N10 million – FAILED

26 .Making Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy – FAILED

27. Implementing a full erosion and shoreline protection across the country – FAILED
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by ghiloman28(m): 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2022
This is Jagaban know this and know peace grin
TechW:
and what has APC been doing all these while?
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Oluwademilade: 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2022
taylor88:
They'll be talking about oil as if they have a cup of oil in their states or Irigbaji

Bloody Parasites na why them no wan make country divide

As for me and my Governor WIKE we will Vote Peter Obi

Both Ondo and even Lagos have proven oil reserves. Get educated and stop hating
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Villa12(m): 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
Curious345:

Thanks .. God will also hear your prayers
Daalu
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by 36STATES: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2022
Very old and sick man known for corruption and godfatherism wants us to believe a word from him. Tinubu will put MC Olomo in charge of oil imports if he is allowed to near Aso Rock.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Empty promise again as usual

It is up to Nigeria to make sure it is not empty promises. Nigerians make the same mistakes over and over again and never learn.
It is not the personalities that is going to change Nigeria for the better, but the policies! See who is coming up with the best policies and focus on that and make sure it is implemented.

But all you hear is Obi, Tinubu, Atiku and previously Jonathan, Buhari.
I guess you are still looking for that miracle worker grin
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Curious345: 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
Villa12:
Daalu

You're Igbo supporting tinubu.

I am Yoruba supporting obi..

This is pure freedom.. let's keep it going ,it's lovely

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Villa12(m): 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
Curious345:

You're Igbo supporting tinubu.

I am Yoruba supporting obi..

This is pure freedom.. let's keep it going ,it's lovely
Lol

You're rich and supporting Obi grin grin
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by CheapHomes1: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu will get the job done. He understands the economy and also appreciate the diversity of the country. His manifestos is the best and even his worst critics are turning around to accept that his ideas are the best for the country. We must give this man the opportunity to help us reshape and reset the destiny of this country to the path of economic growth, industrialization, secured communities and shared prosperity.

Pls how much subsidy has been removed so far and how much is left that Tinubu proposes to remove?

What will tinubu do about high cost of governance especially in aso rock?

How much is Tinubus pension costing Lagos state?
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2022
Removing Oil subsidy would be great provided alternative public transportation is secure and effective. Everyday our Oga's are proud to enter ferries and trains in their abroad, but here they line up ten cars...Just to show levels ... Oil Subsidy removal agree
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by denitro(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

How?
Someone who plans to diversify the economy is taking about triple oil production.
He also plans to remove fuel subsidy (Hahaha! Goodluck)
No president can remove fuel subsidy, it is a fallacy and one of those promise that can't be achieved.
I read most of the manifestos and weep for Nigeria.
Vote Peter Obi
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by lovinagbad: 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
taylor88:
They'll be talking about oil as if they have a cup of oil in their states or Irigbaji

Bloody Parasites na why them no wan make country divide

As for me and my Governor WIKE we will Vote Peter Obi
Then Go back to your state and be discussing about your state. Let Lgos be.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by wonlasewonimi: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
This is very good... Please tell him to come and defend it in a debate.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by drlateef: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
festacman:
I am impressed by Tinubu's manifesto for being a practical and a bit specific (certainly not largely) in approach. The grey areas remains how to increase local production GDP outside of oil through creative, extensive and intensive diversification of the economy. I had expected pinpoint actions to be taken on short, medium and long term basis. However, it is a good manifesto in my opinion.

I await the manifestos of Atiku and Peter Obi.

He mentioned a few things in that regard. He wants to fund agriculture to greater level Buhari. He wants to make north the agricultural hub of Africa. He wants to provide funding for that sector. He also mentioned about the gas pipeline to Europe to deliver gas and compete with Russia. He talked about sports and entertainment (Nollywood) as revenue generator. He wants to ensure that peteoleum products like plastics etc are manufactured in larhe numbers to gain more revenue.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by drlateef: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
TechW:
and what has APC been doing all these while?

Buhari has done his best. Next is the real APC era of Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Hydroxide(m): 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
festacman:
I am impressed by Tinubu's manifesto for being a practical and a bit specific (certainly not largely) in approach. The grey areas remains how to increase local production GDP outside of oil through creative, extensive and intensive diversification of the economy. I had expected pinpoint actions to be taken on short, medium and long term basis. However, it is a good manifesto in my opinion.

I await the manifestos of Atiku and Peter Obi.
so you still dey believe Naija politicians Manifestos? What's up with the Manifesto that was released by President Buhari?
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Doyou2019: 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
I believe with tinubu,Nigeria will work again

With Tinubu, your head sef never work. How much more Nigeria?

Oniyeye.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Dopenigga(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

I stand with Peter Obi boss
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by festacman(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hydroxide:
so you still dey believe Naija politicians Manifestos? What's up with the Manifesto that was released by President Buhari?

Buhari's manifesto was generic. This one has some practical ideas that one can see as achievable.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Diligence: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
Both Tinubu & Atiku just copied Mr Peter Obi's policy and changed the words with synonyms...

Take Back Your Country
VoteWisely
VoteCorrectlyToo
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by victorazy(m): 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

Tinubu that will not last to two years in office before they kill him for Shettima?
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by TechW: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
ghiloman28:
This is Jagaban know this and know peace grin
Lol,no be only jaga jaga , nothing wey we no go hear for naija grin
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Fearyourcreator: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
bobbybrown007:
lolz, don't they enter the same plane at times? Abeg they no what they are doing.
Oh!
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Hydroxide(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
festacman:

Buhari's manifesto was generic. This one has some practical ideas that one can see as achievable.
has any Nigerian politicians delivered on his/her manifesto? One them enter office, they will forget about manifesto or whatever promises they made....
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by truthfulnigeria: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
This one Tinubu full front page today, which Nairaland moderator collect the money
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by OkoRemi2023(m): 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
Tinubu please before help us build another Jagaban like you In southwest before you grow older

Aketi is climbing that ladder, we need a rugged, political Machiavellian like you In southwest

you push Yoruba nation on undisputed political jealousy

you've friends in North, south south, southeast and across Nigeria. if anyone is talking about unifier I think it should be part of your names

God bless my incoming President Baba Seyi and Senator shettima his reserved VP
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by samuelson06(m): 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

I'm not standing with him. No Nigeria president from the days of Obasanjo to Buhari has ever kept to their words.

In 2023, we'll only vote who we perceive to be a good man, and not a political manifesto that's only written for the candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keyamo: Adebanjo Made Mistake Endorsing Obi / Okorocha's Aide Arrested For Nkiru's Kidnap / Buhari Masterminded His Own Convoy Bombing-dokubo-asari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.