Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg (17803 Views)

Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness / Tinubu Pledges To Build Knowledge Based Economy (Video) / NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by bobochem: 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
You are much of public urchin than I do.Senseless and bigot fellow
Conner44:

See your mouth like best so far

Has any other candidate released their own manifesto?

Senseless Urchin angry
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by OfficialP: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
Guys, let's not be fooled by manifestos, Anyone can write intimidating, exciting and rocking manifestos, implementation is the key and the character of the person is also very important
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by BluntCrazeMan: 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu will get the job done. He understands the economy and also appreciate the diversity of the country. His manifestos is the best and even his worst critics are turning around to accept that his ideas are the best for the country. We must give this man the opportunity to help us reshape and reset the destiny of this country to the path of economic growth, industrialization, secured communities and shared prosperity.

I stand with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. What about you?

Nonsense photos.
Twitter accounts opened few days ago are denouncing to be Obidients??

Show us their earlier tweets let us compare..

And if they are no more Obidients,, or are in doubts,, let them kukuma remove the LP/OBI Logo..

Obidients don't get confused in their convictions
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Henrymas(m): 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
This klepto! will only help in depleting the little respect and goodwill we enjoy after Buhari's assault on our national image.
Under this thief, corruption in this country will stink to high heavens.
God forbid the government of bandits and agbero.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by mod9: 9:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu will get the job done. He understands the economy and also appreciate the diversity of the country. His manifestos is the best and even his worst critics are turning around to accept that his ideas are the best for the country. We must give this man the opportunity to help us reshape and reset the destiny of this country to the path of economic growth, industrialization, secured communities and shared prosperity.
Understand which economy. Tinubu didn't understand even himself
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Hassanmaye(m): 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by CLEVER123(m): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
If una like vote am nigerians mumuism no dey finish the same administration that made our lives misreable is still here giving us empty promises. This government is a mirage
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Belluski: 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
He said this in 2014... so what happened, why was it not achieved? Almost 8yrs nothing was done... tinubu supporters, this is the real lamba you guys are talking about
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by 1972xy: 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2022
taylor88:
They'll be talking about oil as if they have a cup of oil in their states or Irigbaji

Bloody Parasites na why them no wan make country divide

As for me and my Governor WIKE we will Vote Peter Obi
Stupid boy, before the discovery of oil in Nigeria, Ground nuts, cocoa , and coal have been the source of revenue for the whole nation.
Which one among these three has your state produced.
Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by peculiar2233: 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
ryloy:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-21/nigeria-s-tinubu-pledges-to-phase-out-oil-subsidy-boost-output
Oloribu oniro
Fulfill these promises first, you can only lie to your brainless followers

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by queen918: 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.A better Nigeria is all we want at . GOD BLESS NIGERIA.A better Nigeria is all we want at . ...
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Shemadex(m): 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
taylor88:
They'll be talking about oil as if they have a cup of oil in their states or Irigbaji

Bloody Parasites na why them no wan make country divide

As for me and my Governor WIKE we will Vote Peter Obi
bye with ur vote we no need am
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Relaxnrethink: 12:47am On Oct 22, 2022
� � �
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Masterito(m): 1:22am On Oct 22, 2022
Which manifesto? Tinubu should be interviewed on that manifesto first, I want to confirm it is his.
festacman:
I am impressed by Tinubu's manifesto for being a practical and a bit specific (certainly not largely) in approach. The grey areas remains how to increase local production GDP outside of oil through creative, extensive and intensive diversification of the economy. I had expected pinpoint actions to be taken on short, medium and long term basis. However, it is a good manifesto in my opinion.

I await the manifestos of Atiku and Peter Obi.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by wales4real(m): 2:43am On Oct 22, 2022
Tell your man to put down all the rubbish he's been saying up and down in black and white, I think he forgot to plan. Stop using your ignorance to confuse yourself because of the success of people with vision. I believe you went to school.
aariwa:
Why are Tinubu and Atiku always addressing Nigerians through written addresses and spokespersons? Another woe tale of absent leadership in Nigerian story is what these two septuagenarians wants to foist on innocent Nigerian again
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by orisa37: 3:00am On Oct 22, 2022
RECOUP WHAT HAS BEEN PAID AND STOP FURTHER PAYMENT COMPLETELY
NOT JUST PHASE OUT.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by drakeskull(m): 5:20am On Oct 22, 2022
seunmsg:

� Scammers

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 22, 2022
What tinubu is promising is the usual...partial...removal of subsidy that every government has done for decades.

The guy does not want to really remove subsidy at all. Poor people love cheap fuel, rich people love free government money.

He should be saying that subsidy has to go completely. Not 'phasing it out'. It has to go.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by sorepco(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2022
This is where i knew he was lying. You cannot allow the market to set the pump prices. Even in other climes the market can never be allowed such freedom. If you try it some filling stations will sell a litre at 1000 naira when there is scarcity.
There are always government guidelines to regulate prices!

Tinubu will remove the fuel subsidy and allow the market to set the pump price, according to his manifesto. The savings made by the government will then be allocated not only to health and education but also infrastructure and social welfare projects, it said.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Fcwilly: 7:34am On Oct 22, 2022
Under gej regime APC said there is nothing like subsidy, now why removing a non existing policy? APC is evil, please let unit and say NO to anything representing APC.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Flows001(m): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2022
seunmsg:

So what happened to the "Change" and "Next Level" manifestos he pioneered and vehemently promoted?
Y'all think everyone is still gullible like in 2015 and 2019 and it's business as usual, right?
It's not by writing manifestos, we have seen more well scripted ones for ages, why is he avoiding live interviews and intellectual seminars where he will be asked practical questions?
E go shock all of una, God punish APC and all people benefiting directly or indirectly from this disastrous party, including both paid retainer urchins and those collecting monthly stipends!

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:51am On Oct 22, 2022
seunmsg:

just like 2015, 2019 lies, lies, lies and more lies nothing more
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2022
sorepco:

This is where i knew he was lying. You cannot allow the market to set the pump prices. Even in other climes the market can never be allowed such freedom. If you try it some filling stations will sell a litre at 1000 naira when there is scarcity.
There are always government guidelines to regulate prices!

Tinubu will remove the fuel subsidy and allow the market to set the pump price, according to his manifesto. The savings made by the government will then be allocated not only to health and education but also infrastructure and social welfare projects, it said.

Well, from the Nigerian perspective, we have to...because subsides are eating a huge hole in our budget.

If we were funding our budget from taxation mainly...then you may have had an argument...but we are funding our budget from the same oil revenue we use for everything else.

Also, Obi supports subsidy removal. And soon Atiku will support subsidy removal. Because in a sane clime...you have to let the market make a profit to take care of itself. Only regulation you may bring in are taxes, and the occasional price caps. And maybe subsides...for people who are very very very very very poor (as they do in the USA)
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Bromax: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2022
Many are Mad few are roaming. Nigerians 4get easily, this was thesame man that fought GEJ for mentioning subsidy removal and a group called Occupy Nigeria was formed with all kinds of insults poured on GEJ. Years after thesame pple are supporting the ideas of the man u said was a weakling. Why are Nigerians always double-mouthed? Why always put personal interest ahead of national interest? BAT fought GEJ and brought GMB with the interest of taking over from GMB but God will disappoint you come 2023. See how backward we are in the commity of nations.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Ugonna62: 10:39am On Oct 22, 2022
[go and wake your grand father from the grave and give him a chance..quote author=seunmsg post=117759616]Tinubu will get the job done. He understands the economy and also appreciate the diversity of the country. His manifestos is the best and even his worst critics are turning around to accept that his ideas are the best for the country. We must give this man the opportunity to help us reshape and reset the destiny of this country to the path of economic growth, industrialization, secured communities and shared prosperity.

I stand with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. What about you? [/quote]
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by boldtruthalways: 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nonsense. Yiu didn't do in 7yrs after swallowing the nations treasury. Pls go and sit down. I can pay any Professor to write those things.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by grandstar(m): 9:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
10 years ago, Tinubu and many in the opposition came out enmasse to protest against the end of fuel subsidies and the full deregulation of the fuel price. Buhari too was amongst them.

The presidency, too ashamed to call it by its name has chosen to use the phrase "under recovery".

If the deregulation had gone through back then, GEJ could have sold off the 4 moribund NNPC refineries and private investors would also have come in to set up new ones. Refined oil production by now would have been at least 1mbpd, more than enough for export.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Ijb11: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okorocha's Aide Arrested For Nkiru's Kidnap / Governor Obiano Casts His Vote During Anambra Election (Photos) / APC Governors At Progressive Governors Forum In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.