Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs (17291 Views)

Tinubu Vows To Sue Media Orgs Over Fake News, Character Assassination / Manifesto: Tinubu’s 10 Promises To Nigerians / Akpabio: NDDC Is Broke, We Need More Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by CheapHomes1: 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
muykem:
Wisdom and intellectual bank. God bless incoming president of Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is better than fake statistics without any concrete plans.

Exactly. Just like he exhibited that wisdom and intellectual bank by vigorously campaigning for buhari in 2015 and 2019 and defending him for all these years

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Elliotwaveforec: 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2022
fkj950ax:
How?
From where?
There aren’t enough funds being earned by Nigeria because the nation is economically incapacitated.
This is a promise that will fail because he won’t be able to achieve it.

Anyone that wants to be President should not just make blanket statements. If you are going to allocate more funds, please tell us how you will achieve this. How the country earn this funds. Is it coming from more tax or reduction in public spending waste. Or we are increasing oil export or we are saving on refining

How the F*CK is Nigeria going to earn more money he is promising to allocate to States and LGs.
A developing country like Nigeria should prioritise economic growth over price stability. When development is achieved through consistent growth overtime, we can now talk about price stability; that's how many nations developed today.

I laugh when developing nations raise interest rates because developed countries are doing so. Look at Europe, to ensure economic growth after recession, they embarked on negative interest regime where commercial banks weren't allowed to keep monies idle with the ECB; if you deposit your money with the apex bank, you are charged interest straight away unlike here in Nigeria where banks keep monies with the CBN and still earn interest.

Aggressive quantitative easing (money printing) is needed to achieve economic development; after development, we can talk about price stability.

3 Likes

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by CheapHomes1: 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
mach7:
My earlier comment was addressing the point you raised that he won't do it.

As to the issue of LG Autonomy, I don't think that is needed for a state like Lagos with the kind of phased developmental model that it operates (a bit similar to the Chinese development model) which is usually cut across multiple LGs while being planned centrally. Hence, granting LG Autonomy means that the State Government can be held to ransom by respective LGs when there are political differences.

As to whether LASG dabbles into LG funds, I can't comment on that since I don't have incontrovertible proof alluding to such practices.

I personally have been in quite a number of LG secretariats in Lagos, and I can attest that in terms of funding and the kind of projects those LGs executed, Lagos LGs are one of a kind in Nigeria.

What are the kind of projects local govts have executed in Lagos?
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by CheapHomes1: 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
muykem:
Wisdom and intellectual bank. God bless incoming president of Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is better than fake statistics without any concrete plans.

But you didn't ask, where is Tinubu going to get the more money he is going to states and LGs?

1 Like

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by anonimi: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2022
dominic17:
You see this is a simple way to identify fake promise. He doesn't know that the constitution provides allocation formula and the president has no power over it.

Exactly. Well said sir. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Abdu81: 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2022

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Corridon: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
jrusky:

You should be the one to shut up bro. Tell your obi to release his f u c king manifesto, anyway does obi has manifesto when people like Gumi, keneth anuofia, demonic obj, evil General ibb, Kanu of ipob, fatorotimi the bastard, ekpa, Turji, the bitch called charlie boy-shit, Psquare are his campaign directors so I'm not surprise a bit but you see all these enemies of Nigeria I listed I swear to heaven obi will never see Aso Rock Gate talkless going inside.

Tueh!!! I spit.
I weep for you. Just better go and sew new clothes for Obi's inauguration next year.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Tinubumustfail: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117760216:

Sure, ipob youths don't need him.
But, sane, honest and hardworking Nigerian youths need him ABSOLUTELY tongue

God bless all hardworking, sane and sensible youths of Nigeria,
That better Nigeria ehn, wey some people no want.
We must get am by force.

For the ones that call our darling nation a zoo,
Nothing Nothing for them.

We Northerns don't need him too. We are voting our own Atiku. Tilupu is a fake Muslim and infidel
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by CheapHomes1: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
Realist12:
That's someone that believes in decentralization and local government autonomy, he fought the federal government to a stand still during his tenure . He had to improvise by creating LCDAs in Lagos coz of legal restrictions. This is someone that's promising what he has done in the past and it's successfully impacting Lagos state growth.
Today local government secretariat in Lagos are busier than some state government secretariat.

Unlike the others promising decentralization but didn't conduct local government elections until his last year in office and his boss was the vice president that fought Tinubu against local government creation.
Nigerians should know those that are promising what they didn't do with their previous offices.
We should differentiate con men from politicians.

You are praising Tinubu for decentralisation but his campaign promises of sharing more funds for states and LGs is a contradiction of decentralisation. He is promising that states and LGs will be more dependent on FG and you are talking about decentralisation. Or is decentralisation to you just LG election?

By the way, where will tinubu get the more money he is proposing to share to states and LGs?

What impact have the LCDAs that Tinubu created had on their areas?

Which local government secretariat in Lagos are busier than some state government secretariat and which state govt Secretariat's are we talking about?
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Abdu81: 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2022
afbstrategies:
Has Tinubu vowed to ban the use of Bullion vans by corrupt Nigerian polithiefcians?
Hahaha haha

not possible .
Tinubu is a fallen demon.

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by hopexter(m): 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
taylor88:
Just like you allocated funds to your house with two bullion vans

Criminal on wheelchair

Person wey him penis no dey stand up wan rule me

God forbid

You’re not a Nigerian, your president has just been released, tell Kanu that has standing prick to Prepare his manifesto for Biafraland with immediate effect and leave Tinubu alone.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by kenolsquad(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
[quote author=oshozondii post=117760107]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/manifesto-tinubu-vows-to-allocate-more-funds-to-states-lgs/amp/

[And the leaking and frail man never made mention of how those funds will be raised.
Oops! I forgot he’s senile and as good as no brains � ]
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
abbey621:

There's no greater precedence than Lagos itself, no matter how much anyone hates Tinubu, we cannot deny the fact that he knows how to open up the economy, either for his own selfish interest or the interest of his supporters, the koko be say his motto is chop make I chop. Local governments were split into two or three to generate more funds, more development and most importantly increase accountability. Lagos IGR grew over 7000% since 1999, the next closest state can't even boast of 800%, no be juju be that?
LoL there is no doubt the IGR of Lagos has been increasing on a regular, I doubt if any Governor of Lagos State is deeping hand into public funds because of the vast opportunities the Lagos State Government is creating of which our Oga in Burdillion is a major beneficiary and stakeholder. But what we are saying here is not IGR but been able to allocate money to local governments and be discipline enough to stop interference of such funds by State Government. I don't think that is happening even in states the King of Burdillion has overwhelming influence. As for the Chop I Chop thing ,well if you are in his inner circle you no get wahala, you are in for astronomical rise, but if you are outside the circle na to dey look like spectator till they invite you in.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by TrumpDonald2: 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by hohafrank(m): 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
This man is an idiot.We are talking of reducing cost of governance he is talking of allocating more more funds to local and state governments.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Villa12(m): 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
Corridon:
I weep for you. Just better go and sew new clothes for Obi's inauguration next year.
Obi go chop una money for campaign clean mouth. He knows he's just fooling himself around

Smart guy grin
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Flows001(m): 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117760241:

You mean this wink cheesy wink

As seen somewhere on cyberspace......
He meant these

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by hopexter(m): 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2022
Basiljoe:
The only thing tinubu and his urchins can do for Nigeria is to take Agbero to a National level.

I'm still surprised that inspite of everything going on in this country, people can still support and vote APC?

Some people don't deserve sympathy.

It’s because you don’t think. Let me make it simple for a dunce like you.

Agbero- Southwest
Ipob- (terrorist organisation) South east.
Bokoharam, Fulani herdsmen-( terrorist organisations) North.

Gangs and terrorisms are caused by unemployment of youths. Lagos state was able to curtail the madness of her youths due to unemployments caused at Federal level.

Agberos are the first set of people in Lagos to wake up and go to work, as long as they get money to feed themselves and their families at the end of the busy day, they are fine but can you say the same of Ipob terrorists and Fulani herdsmen who had no where to go sort for their daily bread?

Agbero in Lagos has been a stepping stone kind of employment scheme for youths all over Nigeria some of which are now students in the National open universities.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by KingRSHD2(m): 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2022
Unlimited amen

post=117760189:

Words of a Wise Man.
It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable and sensible members like you on this forum.
God bless your parents for giving us a King like you.
God bless Nigeria.

GOD BLESS OUR INCOMING PRESIDENT,

ASIWAJU JAGABAN BOLA AHMED TINUBU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by KingRSHD2(m): 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS EXPLANATION

hopexter:

It’s because you don’t think. Let me make it simple for a dunce like you.

Agbero- Southwest
Ipob- (terrorist organisation) South east.
Bokoharam, Fulani herdsmen-( terrorist organisations) North.

Gangs and terrorisms are caused by unemployment of youths. Lagos state was able to curtail the madness of her youths due to unemployments caused at Federal level.

Agberos are the first set of people in Lagos to wake up and go to work, as long as they get money to feed themselves and their families at the end of the busy day, they are fine but can you say the same of Ipob terrorists and Fulani herdsmen who had no where to go sort for their daily bread?

Agbero in Lagos has been a stepping stone kind of employment scheme for youths all over Nigeria some of which are now students in the National open universities.

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by saysugar(m): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
BreconHills:

Bros every emerging market capital has contradictions. Brazil, South Africa, India and Egypt. All have contradictions and wide gaps between rich and poor. Each of them has slums and gangs. Lagos is nowhere as dangerous as Johannesburg - even parts of New Delhi- Lagos it has the fifth largest economy in Africa with the most vibrant start up community. Reliance health has raised $40m it the largest series B round in Africa. The founders Femi Kuti, Opeyemi Olumekun and Matthew Mayaki are probably around your age, maybe even younger. So many young people are doing well.

Sit down there and be gripping about Lagos while the city keeps moving. People keep saying it was FCT hahaha - lagos has not been FCT for 37 years and of those 37 years it has been ruled by the same party nor 23 years. May yours not be like those doubters in 2 Kings 7:1-20. That's my prayer for you.
west is richer than all the regions,we will even feed South East in x5
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by ajexx(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
GOD bless then income president of the Federal republic of Nigeria 2023

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Tradman: 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117760189:

Words of a Wise Man.
It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable and sensible members like you on this forum.
God bless Nigeria.

suffer no dey tire u oga
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Henrymas(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2022
This criminal would only end up allocating more funds to his pocket and that of the iya oloja of Lagos.
Tulumbu is clearly a place holder for Shettima. When the chips are down, the Boko Haram financier and commander will assume his rightful position as the commander in chief, while this clown, will be relegated.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by BreconHills(m): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
anonimi:

Have the number of teachers and students enrolled increased by 83 times like the IGR that increased from N600 million to N50 billion, according to that Boko Haram governor who is ThiefNuibu’s running mate? If it hasn’t, where did JagaBandit hide the money? Do you know

You seem to be scratching for points and trying to set up strawmen you can knock down. You have addressed none of the points I raised nor the data. Come back with comparative data then we can talk. I dont do beer parlour insults.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Hassanmaye(m): 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Nicepoker(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117760189:

Words of a Wise Man.
God bless Nigeria.

living on crumbs.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by abbey621(m): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
jackcanfield:

LoL there is no doubt the IGR of Lagos has been increasing on a regular, I doubt if any Governor of Lagos State is deeping hand into public funds because of the vast opportunities the Lagos State Government is creating of which our Oga in Burdillion is a major beneficiary and stakeholder. But what we are saying here is not IGR but been able to allocate money to local governments and be discipline enough to stop interference of such funds by State Government. I don't think that is happening even in states the King of Burdillion has overwhelming influence. As for the Chop I Chop thing ,well if you are in his inner circle you no get wahala, you are in for astronomical rise, but if you are outside the circle na to dey look like spectator till they invite you in.

Did you read what I wrote or you were just so quick to offer a rebuttal? Ask yourself what was the motive behind the increase in LGA's in Lagos? Remember everything comes from federal so the more LGAs more money. It's not perfect but it is an example of the kind of innovation we can expect from him, he ain't no saint and he'll definitely chop his own but I can bet anything the country won't be so tight and bottled up like we are seeing under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Allisgud: 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
Document written by professor with choice of word,fools u see how peter obi was dishing out promises from is real mind
Obi for president
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Perfectbeing(m): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2022
olatade:
Giving them more money won't change anything. The state government will hijack the local government funds and still won't pay salaries.
Then it's left the the State indigene to vote a Governor with sense.
Re: Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs by Truthdeypain: 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117760189:

Words of a Wise Man.
God bless Nigeria.

Your double standards, seething hypocricy, xenophobia and ethnic mind is a shame. You are simply a dog!

Stop the pretence, you and civility are parallels. Spits!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign In Zamfara State (More Pictures) / Vincent Okokoje, APC Ward Chairman Slump, Dies In Delta After Attending Meeting / PDP Begins Online Registration Of Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.