Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? (393 Views)

Past Leaders Of Nigeria From 1914 Till Date (Pictures) / Reno Omokri: Obi Says Past Leaders Are Bad, Yet Runs To Them For Endorsement / FFK Commends Past Leaders For Snubbing Buhari's Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? by ScamHunter: 11:03am On Oct 22, 2022
Olusegun Obasanjo, Abdusalami Abubakar, Ibrahim Babangida and possibly Yakubu Gowon are are backing Peter Obi. What could be the reason if not that these men are aware that Mr Obi is head and shoulders above all the other contestants in terms of competence and integrity?

What's interesting is that all these men are ex soldiers who fought to unite the country.

Is their backing for Obi strictly because of Obi's competence or they're aware that without an Igbo presidency to right the wrongs of decades of neglect against Igbo that the country stands no chance of survival?

Do they back him because they're aware that Buhari, Tinubu and their ilks in APC have already wrecked the country economically and that the path to recovery starts from having a leader who would approach governance in a business-like manner while ensuring that the citizens are not empoverished? Traits which Obi alone possesses among all the other contestants.

Whatever the reason for their endorsement of Obi, it's obvious that these past leaders want the best for the country.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? by Noccerino(m): 11:24am On Oct 22, 2022
They are respecting zoning, it's the turn of the east!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? by LocalStandard1(m): 11:25am On Oct 22, 2022
there are two types of past Nigerian leaders. Those that are dying and want to make amends and those that are dying but first want to satisfy an age long ambition.

The former support Obi while the latter are the great grand fathers you see still contesting cos they feel they haven't had their turn.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? by Villa12(m): 11:25am On Oct 22, 2022
Deceit

They already know the next president
Re: Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2022
It is a welcome development. Please presidents Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari should do same.
Re: Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? by Chiefwhip01: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2022
Things have changed,i believe that what they have come to know now is that power is transient hence, it's the turn of south east after been marginalized for so long. I believe it is the turn of the south to be president precisely south east.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? by keymatt(m): 11:39am On Oct 22, 2022
Even though I'm BATified, I can't but admire Peter Obi's humble nature. His description by international media houses as a man who carries his own luggage shows how down to earth Obi is. The same can't be said of others who act like mini gods.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are All Nigerian Past Leaders Endorsing Peter Obi? by ScamHunter: 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
keymatt:
Even though I'm BATified, I can't but admire Peter Obi's humble nature. His description by international media houses as a man who carries his own luggage shows how down to earth Obi is. The same can't be said of others who act like mini gods.

Isn't it paradoxical that you know that Obi is the best and yet you are Batified. Any reason for this?

(1) (Reply)

Does Kwankwaso Stand A Chance To Be Nigeria’s President? / Breaking: Arewa Group Queries ACF On Choice Of 2023 Presidential Candidate / Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.