Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? (399 Views)

Law To Legalise Cultivation Of Marijuana In Nigeria Underway / Lagosians Do You Support The Return Of Monthly Sanitation Exercise / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Kemistri4(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2022
So let's do this guys,

Do u support the Decriminalisation of Marijuana in Nigeria?

If yes, tell us your reasons

If no, also tell us your reasons

Let's interact wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Racoon(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Abeg decriminalise the damn thing. Criminalised or otherwise, Marijuana is already a substance of high abuse especially in Nigeria. Go to Oju Irin @ Oshodi, Obalende Under Bridge, Doyin Bus stop, etc and see for yourself. The medicinal extract can be research and enhanced upon

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Kemistri4(m): 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2022
Racoon:
Abeg decriminalise the damn thing.

Tell us your reason,boss
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Tingotoe: 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2022
How? No way! Are you high?
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Kemistri4(m): 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2022
Personally I support Decriminalisation

My argument is simple and straightforward: If Alcohol and Tobacco,which are more dangerous and addictive than cannabis are legal, then why should cannabis be illegal?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Urheadmaster(m): 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2022
It is a criminal offence by the Nigeria government for the decriminalisation of marijuana in Nigeria.

Over here in Germany, we use it to make soup for healthy living tongue undecided
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Kemistri4(m): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2022
Urheadmaster:
It is a criminal offence by the Nigeria government for the decriminalisation of marijuana in Nigeria.

Over here in Germany, we use it to make soup for healthy living tongue undecided

If Alcohol and Tobacco can be legal, then why not marijuana?

I still don't get the logic behind criminalising it...

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Blue3k(m): 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2022
Yes but it won't happen since majority of politicians at NASS won't go for it. They only change their minds if polling shows it massively popular. We know NDLA won't like it since it's most of what they sieze and would mean they can't justify their current budget. I'd like Noipolls would do a survey in it but they're u interested in this topic.

Even if it's federally legal states can still ban it. There's always room to compromise in federal system. States ban alcohol so there's already precedent.

1. Tax revenue
2. It can be used responsibly like alcohol
3. Reduce drug enforcement budget
4. Medical use for pain sleep and appetite
5. Hemp can be used for all sorts of products.
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Kemistri4(m): 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
Blue3k:
Yes but it won't happen since majority of politicians at NASS won't go for it. They only change their minds if polling shows it massively popular. We know NDLA won't like it since it's most of what they sieze and would mean they can't justify their current budget. I'd like Noipolls would do a survey in it but they're u interested in this topic.

1. Tax revenue
2. It can be used responsibly like alcohol
3. Reduce drug enforcement budget
4. Medical use for pain sleep and appetite
5. Hemp can be used for all sorts of products.

Trust me, a poll will show that a majority of Nigerian youths are for legalising it

The current laws make no sense
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Blue3k(m): 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
Kemistri4:

Trust me, a poll will show that a majority of Nigerian youths are for legalising it

The current laws make no sense

I doubt it. I assumed most people wanted to get rid of NYSC but majority in their polls want it to remain with tweaks made. Most adults for it if they're 40 and up. Then you got religious reason for alot people in Nigeria saying no. Alot of Muslims aren't into that for example if they're anything like Khabib Nurmagomedov as opposed to Mike Tyson.

Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Kemistri4(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2022
Blue3k:

I doubt it. I assumed most people wanted to get rid of NYSC but majority in their polls want it to remain with tweaks made. Most adults for it if they're 40 and up. Then you got religious reason for alot people in Nigeria saying no. Alot of Muslims aren't into that for example if they're anything like Khabib Nurmagomedov as opposed to Mike Tyson.

Then do it on state by state basis. States that want to can hold a referendum and legalize it

But the current federal ban should be repealed.

Let it have the same status as Alcohol and Tobacco
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Kemistri4(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2022
Tingotoe:
How? No way! Are you high?

Why no, Chief?
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Blue3k(m): 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2022
Kemistri4:

Then do it on state by state basis. States that want to can hold a referendum and legalize it

But the current federal ban should be repealed.

Let it have the same status as Alcohol and Tobacco

Oh well maybe they'll go for it but you need a president that won't veto it. It probably won't pass with a veto proof majority. You need a president who will approve it.
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by grandstar(m): 1:15am On Nov 07, 2022
Blue3k:

Oh well maybe they'll go for it but you need a president that won't veto it. It probably won't pass with a veto proof majority. You need a president who will approve it.

Do you think Nigeria is advanced enough to manage its legalisation? Many selling other forms of hard drugs such as meth or Arizona may use legalised weed as a conduit to sell the other drugs.
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by temitope27(m): 3:31am On Nov 07, 2022
Baba I beg 'Igbo' has come to stay, the thing dey give me joy grin
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:21am On Nov 07, 2022
Because Nigerian (and Africans in general) have a penchant for bastardizing everything they got from Europe.
Is it religion? independence? Democracy?

Legalize gun ownership in Nigeria today and you'll see what will become of Nigeria in just one year.

Marijuana legalisation will be bastardized by Nigerians. And you're just too blind if you do not realize it
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by Blue3k(m): 5:53am On Nov 07, 2022
grandstar:

Do you think Nigeria is advanced enough to manage its legalisation? Many selling other forms of hard drugs such as meth or Arizona may use legalised weed as a conduit to sell the other drugs.

I doubt it they could do that anyway with alcohol to apples if it were that easy. If they lose their one business they just move on something like kidnapping, prostitution gambling (money laundering). I don't see what new technology they need they don't already have.
Re: Do You Support The Decriminalisation Of Marijuana In Nigeria? by being(m): 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
It should remain illegal for the simple reason of the health problems associated with it.
Whatever monetary gains from it is not worth the health issues that will arise from it being freely available

(1) (Reply)

Second Abuja Airport Runway To Gulp N72bn / Newly Promoted US General, Azubuike Gives Open Invitation To Nigerians, Others / Last Night Atiku Held A Crucial Meeting With His Running Mate Dr Okow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.