Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo (921 Views)

Atiku Not Running For Drug Trafficking & Money Laundering - Aide Slams Tinubu / Mr. President Trying To Make Aisha Jealous By All Means / Dino Melaye Joins Atiku & PDP Governors At PDP Meeting In Abuja (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by oshozondii: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
Peter Obi did not plan to run for president. If he did plan to run for president, he would not be freewheeling through endless tunnels of gaffes and inchoate ideas. But really, he did not plan to run for president. An accident happened.

Peter Obi’s presidential bid is a freak of politics; an idea contrived for performance and political quota. His bid is perhaps only relevant for regional affirmation and for intimation of anger by a section of the youth.

In 2019, Peter Obi lobbied to be the running mate of Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Although Atiku preferred choosing a running mate from other zones in the south, the wave of agitations at the time worked in Obi’s favour.

It was reasoned that Obi being from the south-east where the agitation for secession was at its apogee at the time, a bloc vote was guaranteed for Atiku. Peter Obi becoming the running mate of Atiku in 2019 was an afterthought of political contrivances.

In the build-up to the PDP presidential primary election in 2022, it was clear Atiku would be picked as the standard bearer of the party. It was also certain that Peter Obi would not be the vice-presidential candidate of the PDP. He had run out of utility as a political pawn.

Atiku knowing that his candidature goes against the sacerdotal principle of zoning and coupled with the simmering opposition by Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers, picked Ifeanyi Okowa, governor of Delta state, as his running mate.

Prior to the PDP primaries, some south-east leaders who presumably were lobbying on behalf of Peter Obi, had asked that he be selected as vice-presidential candidate. But Atiku did not see any strong political point or value to pick Peter Obi again. He had chosen him in 2019 but lost the election.

Some northern leaders in the PDP were also uncomfortable with Peter Obi as vice-presidential candidate for what they perceive to be his strong ethnic leaning. The thinking was that the northern electorate will not be welcoming of his candidature.

So, Atiku wanted someone who could appeal to the voting public in the north and in the south. In his estimation, Okowa fits the bill. Okowa was the preferred of PDP leaders from the north. Former President Goodluck Jonathan lobbied for the governor of Delta state vigorously as well.

It was obvious to Peter Obi that he had been consigned to irrelevance in the PDP. Disgruntled and egged on by associates, he left the PDP for the Labour Party (LP). Peter Obi’s presidential bid was then born.

Obi’s bid was not out of compulsion to fix Nigeria or to make any change to the country; it was a just response to the scheming in the PDP. He was schemed out of the loop by a party notable for treachery. Peter Obi never planned, designed, or imagined running for president. His presidential bid is a hoax and a ploy to get back at those in the PDP who declared him a political liability.

Running for president takes intention; it takes years of planning; building a network of people and structures. It is not a happenstance or what you decide on in protest against the scheming in your party. The LP presidential campaign council list, for example, shows a vacancy of spread and preparation.

It is the reason the argument on equity as regards power shift to the south-east is untenable. There was no prior preparation to this moment. Bridges were broken by vicious ethnic propaganda and the groundwork for zonal and regional socio-political intercourse was absent.

It is farcical to seek to cosmetically forge alliances when the game is already on. An attempt at that will be dismissed as deceptive.

Peter Obi is not running for president to win; he only wants to make a trenchant statement, and perhaps build a following to secure political valueship. If he was really running to win, he would show some seriousness.

There is no gravitas on the part of Peter Obi. If there was, where is his manifesto? Where is his plan for Nigeria beyond adlib figures and unseasoned ideas?

Peter Obi was asked how he would address insecurity if he became president in an interview on Arise TV on Monday, his response was destitute of meaning and revealed deep intellectual chasm.

He said: “Even with a gun on my head; I can’t give you details of what I’m going to do in the issue of insecurity but I’m going to be commander-in-chief, I will deal with it decisively. I can’t tell you how I am going to deal with it because if I tell you, then it won’t work.”

The point is any candidate who fails to present a plan or manifesto, has no plan, and did not plan to have a plan but only riding on the tide of anger, noise, and passion.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/24/peter-obi-not-running-president-fredrick-nwabufo
Nlfpmod
Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by alsudan: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
Every Di.ck using Incoming President Peter Obi’s Name to get noticed.

7 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Moh247: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
cool

AdaObi is simply bitter Atiku dump and ended their relationship after using him in 2019

Wike and Obi are hellbent on showing Atiku hell

Obi isn't even spending much as he knows it's all a ruse

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
For the one millionth time, Obi isn't running for presidency, latest December he will drop out of the race.

Atiku is coming

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by lhordspy: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lol.

I cant just seems to fathom how some ignorant people are so blind to see through this deceiver and pretender of a man called Obi, charades.

I saw the interview and i must confess. This man knows nothing, i mean Nada about anything administrative, fool-proof strategies and planning. The way he was even speaking is such a turn off, so incoherently, disjointed and incongurous, very confuse man like someone on Mpukuimiri .

Someone that has been running from media to churches criticising government on insecurity was finally asked how he is going to deal with issue of security. Then he said:

“Even with a gun on my head; I can’t give you details of what I’m going to do in the issue of insecurity but I’m going to be commander-in-chief, I will deal with it decisively."

Does this make any sense to anyone ? The same flat-head that has been criticising government continously, now he cant even say anything other than rambling and jumbling like someone on drugs. Very confuse fellow. angry

Kai.. Maybe God help some people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Peter Obi is every party nightmare

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Afamed: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
Everyone knows Obi is just here to tamper with the emotions of the zombideints. Obi is not in the contest. He is majorly after the donations

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Donjazet2: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hmm
Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Myaffair: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
Everyone wants to ride on Obi

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by StrongandMighty: 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
If you want to gain irrelevance and become popular overnight just talk about Obi

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by StrongandMighty: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol.

I cant just seems to fathom how some ignorant people are so blind to see through this deceiver and pretender of a man called Obi, charades.

I saw the interview and i most confess. This man knows nothing, i mean Nada about anything. The way he was even speaking is such a turn off, so incoherently, disjointed, very confuse man like someone of Mpukuimiri.

Someone that has been running from media to churches criticising government on insecurity was finally asked how he is going to deal with issue of security. Then he said:

“Even with a gun on my head; I can’t give you details of what I’m going to do in the issue of insecurity but I’m going to be commander-in-chief, I will deal with it decisively."

Does this make any sense to anyone ? angry

Okay but I'll still vote for obi..

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Naijanascam: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2022
Is this Nwabufo a bricklayer or a scavenger?

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Karlovych: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2022
embarassed Atiku intends to rule from Dubai, the cocaine lord from London. Obi is the only one resident in Nigeria
Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol.

I saw the interview and i must confess. This man knows nothing, i mean Nada about anything administrative, fool-proof strategies and planning. The way he was even speaking is such a turn off, so incoherently, disjointed and incongurous, very confuse man like someone of Mpukuimiri.

Does this make any sense to anyone ? The same flat-head that has been criticising government continously, now he cant even say anything other than rambling and jumbling like someone on drugs. Very confuse fellow. angry

You want him to say it so they can go ahead of him to implement it?

He is a business man. Nah so them dey run business. Keep your secrets secret
Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by lhordspy: 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
Thanksful:

You want him to say it so they can go ahead of him to implement it?

He is a business man. Nah so them dey run business. Keep your secrets secret

A business man? So Nigeria is his private business?

Where is the transperacy? The truth is, you can never give out what you dont know.

Obi is daft.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by MasterJayJay: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
Frederick Nwanzuzu don write another rubbish

He said: “Even with a gun on my head; I can’t give
you details of what I’m going to do in the issue of
insecurity but I’m going to be commander-in-chief, I
will deal with it decisively. I can’t tell you how I am
going to deal with it because if I tell you, then it
won’t work.”

APC government led by Buhari has freed thousands of bokoharam member.
Bokoharam and ISWAP invaded Kuje prison and freed many terrorists. Yet nobody was sacked.

And you want Peter Obi to make his security plan public?

You have to be a fool to expect Peter Obi to make his security plans open when terrorists are currently occupying positions in APC led government.
Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by slivertongue: 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
This guy na jobber. What is his gain?
Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by AgbaBaale: 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
I see so much deep reasoning in what this man says. PO is not ready, no wonder some people are saying he's working for Tinubu
Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by femisplash: 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
The hateful animals who trampled upon our flag, wants to rule over the country.. It will never happen!
No Okoro will be President of Nigeria.

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by festacman(m): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
A manifesto is important for any serious presidential candidate as serve as source of focus and as a strong assurance to voters that the candidate has some action plans.

Personally, I think Peter Obi will still unveil a manifesto. I have a feeling he wanted to belittle the impact of Tinubu releasing his manifesto.

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by muykem: 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
Let wait till February.
Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
lhordspy:

A business man? So Nigeria is his private business?

Where is the transperacy? The truth is, you can never give out what you dont know.

Obi is daft.

Oga nah you dey daft. No reasonable person drops his idea in the open for nothing.

Go learn the meaning of words. What do you mean by where is the transparency?

Where does that come in? undecided
Re: Obi Is Not Running For President, Trying To Get Back At PDP - Fredrick Nwabufo by lhordspy: 8:23pm On Oct 24, 2022
Thanksful:

Oga nah you dey daft. No reasonable person drops his idea in the open for nothing.

Go learn the meaning of words. What do you mean by where is the transparency?

Where does that come in? undecided

Ok. I cant waste my time on you anymore. Since you dont know what transparency means.

Bye now

(1) (Reply)

Unbiased Analysis / 2023: PO And His Wife Arrived Makurdi With Obedient Flight / Nigerians Should Learn Anambra Kind Of Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.