Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,584 members, 7,843,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu (1043 Views)

Ministerial List: Technocrats/CEOs Rejecting Tinubu's Nomination / Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election / Why Are Tinubu Urchins Blackmailing Yorubas To Support Tinubu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 25, 2022
A group, Bola Ahmed Tinubu (BAT) Ambassadors, says that the biggest threat to any candidate from the Southwest geopolitical zone becoming national leader has always been from the zone.

Chief Afolabi Ekungba, Interim National Coordinator of BAT Ambassadors, made the remark on Sunday in Lagos during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Ekungba was speaking on the electoral chances of Sen. Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, for the 2023 elections.

According to him, the problem of the zone in national politics is that the zone often pursues ideas that are never realistic.

“The people of Southwest will want to set standards that don’t politically work anywhere as if they are angels.

“They will always come up with different methods to shoot down their own.

“What they did to Chiefs Obafemi Awolowo and MKO Abiola, are good examples.

“We, therefore, need a group that is adequately strong enough to address this,” Ekungba said.

Ekungba, a former governorship candidate in Ondo State, explained that BAT Ambassadors was formed, primarily to address misgivings from the Southwest zone.

He noted that the political support group had devised two major strategies, including mass movement strategy of room-to-room campaign.

“We plan to reach every Yoruba man and woman, boy and girl one-on-one,” he said.

Ekungba said the other strategy was to use the social and conventional media to engage the people.

“This is to meet the challenges of the youth who are always glued to their handset and various social media handles,” he said.

Ekungba said that the Tinubu and Shettima joint presidential ticket represented practical and demonstrable evidence of performance.

He said, if allowed to be replicated at the national level, the ticket will in the shortest possible time produce the desired national growth and development.

“The country needs a man with the courage to steady the ship of the country; sustain achievements of the past and project the country into achieving its full potentials as desired by the people.

“We see in Tinubu, the demonstrable evidence of that type of courage. We mean the courage to take hard decisions where it will hurt for the benefit of the nation.

“We need a man with an unequal passion for the federal system of government.

“It is only when Nigeria returns to federalism that our peaceful co-existence can produce a geometrically exponential social-economic development.

“We see in Tinubu, the unrepentant commitment to the ideas of true federalism

“We need a man that can consistently follow ideas agreed upon, not a fair-weather personality that will jump from boat to boat as it will suit his personal desire or those of his cohorts,” Ekungba said.

He pointed out that more than 90 per cent of the members of the BAT Ambassadors are people that would otherwise not be ready to touch politics and politicking in Nigeria with a very long spoon.

Ekungba said the reality on the ground had forced them out of their shelves.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/politics/tinubu-support-group-wary-of-southwest/1jvhrry.amp
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Cryofigbos: 6:26am On Oct 25, 2022
U waste all ur life everyday dishing out propaganda against tinubu when ur mates r doing reasonable things with there life.......tomorrow u will blame Buhari for ur miserable life grin

2 Likes

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by verybadmouth(m): 6:30am On Oct 25, 2022
Aboki will not rule us in 2023. Insha Allah.
Jagaban will win next year, make una wailers wail to hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by gracealonev: 6:35am On Oct 25, 2022
That group's acronym is BATA.
People will soon put them where they belong.
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by NwaMamaIwota(f): 6:45am On Oct 25, 2022
Why Tinubu and not Osibanjo?

during the primaries alot of people especially Yorubas where rooting for both individuals.
at a point it entered into a dirty game with Tinubu supporters started attacking Osibanjo viciously and his personality.
they even tried to bully Osibanjo in stepping down.
at the end of the day Tinubu won the primaries.
but the question here is why did Tinubu supporters choose Tinubu ahead of Osibanjo and what was their criteria.
Elections are meant to elect competent leaders so let's analyze Osibanjo and Tinubu head to head.

Education: A professor of law VS A controversial degree holder
Personality: You can hardly trace a brazen corruption or dent image back to Osinbajo, but Tinubu's case is different (you know what I mean)
Experience: An 8 years VP vs a former governor.
Osibanjo clearly have more administrative experience here to head an office of president.

Competency: Even tho Osibanjo is serving in the worst government in the history of mankind but few times Osinbajo headed some things it has proven to be the best. for example, the N-power headed by Osinbajo in 2016 still remains the best social program from the government in the history of this country, everything was perfect, from selection to timely payments and incentives.
so I strongly believe that Osinbajo can make difference with power at his disposal.

controversy: there's little or no controversy around Osinbajo but you can't say such of Tinubu.

Ability to win elections : Thanks to our new Electoral laws which diminished rigging to the minimum and increased the power of electorate who will now choose their leader with little or no fear of being rigged by politicians.
Osinbajo stands a better chance of winning elections then Tinubu from those points written above.
a typical example is Osun state which has fallen to the people's choice and has broken record of being governed by opposition since democracy.
Rigging is now old school with vote buying the only option left for politicians.
on a very good day an average Nigerian will pick Osinbajo ahead of Tinubu.

in conclusion I want to ask Tinubu supporters especially from South West to give us a valid reason why they chose Tinubu over Osinbajo.

2 Likes

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by NwaMamaIwota(f): 6:45am On Oct 25, 2022
Yoruba Christians should wake up or risk being minority in the next 60 years.
they told you religion doesn't matter in southwest but they're making and stamping religious moves all over yoruba land.
they're solidifying their moves.
they told you that Muslim/Muslim ticket doesn't matter but can a Yoruba Muslim accept it if vice versa?
a day will come when they'll conquer all southwest state and convert Obas to Emir and tell you that it doesn't matter.
who would have thought that the same people that told you that religion doesn't matter in South West will drag hijab crises upto supreme Court.
now even mission owned school will have hijabs littering around its environment.
but trust me if it's other way round even non Muslim will be compelled to wear hijab.
what's their next move especially if they succeed with Muslim/Muslim ticket?
maybe implementing Sharia law in Yoruba land and enforcing it to the core.
it's time Yoruba Christians wake up.
you and these guys are not one as you think.
they made you to hate igbos because igbos are the only people seeing through their deceits.

wake up real Omoluabis and fight for your land from invaders
real Yorubas lagbaa

3 Likes

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2022
Cryofigbos:
U waste all ur life everyday dishing out propaganda against tinubu when ur mates r doing reasonable things with there life.......tomorrow u will blame Buhari for ur miserable life grin

This Kano rejection should worry you.

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Tinubuadvocate: 6:51am On Oct 25, 2022
Very good move by Bat ambassador our people need orientation and enlightenment. They shouldn't be deceived by one china man.

1 Like

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by hisgrace090: 7:17am On Oct 25, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
Why Tinubu and not Osibanjo?

during the primaries alot of people especially Yorubas where rooting for both individuals.
at a point it entered into a dirty game with Tinubu supporters started attacking Osibanjo viciously and his personality.
they even tried to bully Osibanjo in stepping down.
at the end of the day Tinubu won the primaries.
but the question here is why did Tinubu supporters choose Tinubu ahead of Osibanjo and what was their criteria.
Elections are meant to elect competent leaders so let's analyze Osibanjo and Tinubu head to head.

Education: A professor of law VS A controversial degree holder
Personality: You can hardly trace a brazen corruption or dent image back to Osinbajo, but Tinubu's case is different (you know what I mean)
Experience: An 8 years VP vs a former governor.
Osibanjo clearly have more administrative experience here to head an office of president.

Competency: Even tho Osibanjo is serving in the worst government in the history of mankind but few times Osinbajo headed some things it has proven to be the best. for example, the N-power headed by Osinbajo in 2016 still remains the best social program from the government in the history of this country, everything was perfect, from selection to timely payments and incentives.
so I strongly believe that Osinbajo can make difference with power at his disposal.

controversy: there's little or no controversy around Osinbajo but you can't say such of Tinubu.

Ability to win elections : Thanks to our new Electoral laws which diminished rigging to the minimum and increased the power of electorate who will now choose their leader with little or no fear of being rigged by politicians.
Osinbajo stands a better chance of winning elections then Tinubu from those points written above.
a typical example is Osun state which has fallen to the people's choice and has broken record of being governed by opposition since democracy.
Rigging is now old school with vote buying the only option left for politicians.
on a very good day an average Nigerian will pick Osinbajo ahead of Tinubu.

in conclusion I want to ask Tinubu supporters especially from South West to give us a valid reason why they chose Tinubu over Osinbajo.

They say they'll make more money from him during campaign and after campaign because corrupt leaders benefits the few people that surround them daily to the detriment of the masses.
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2022
I am Yoruba and nothing urchins say can affect me because I have already seen that they are bigots and don't care about Nigeria. My vote is for Peter Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:36am On Oct 25, 2022
verybadmouth:
Aboki will not rule us in 2023. Insha Allah.
Jagaban will win next year, make una wailers wail to hell.
The mumu jagaban will win your village not Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Jokerman(m): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2022
I'm a Christian, and you want me to vote Muslim Muslim? It can never work. All yoruba churches are not even voting Tinubu... Christians are not stupid

3 Likes

Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Cryofigbos: 8:01am On Oct 25, 2022
sanusideunifier:

This Kano rejection should worry you.

In ur wildest imagination grin grin grin
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by ENGINEERG(m): 8:02am On Oct 25, 2022
No YORUBA betrayed AWOLOWO AND MKO, its a age long lie
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Macphenson: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2022
okooooo
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by duro4chang(m): 9:53am On Oct 25, 2022
Tinubu all the way.
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2022
Urchins no happy again
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by RZArecta(m): 10:51am On Oct 25, 2022
Yet Peter Obi is the one doing regional politics cool
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by kcnwaigbo: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2022
These are the people hoping on Hausa-fulani voters to win
Re: Just In: BAT Ambassadors Blackmailing Yorubas For Rejecting Tinubu by huptin(m): 10:57am On Oct 25, 2022
I am Yoruba, I won't vote Tinubu even with a gun to my head...Dude has no single moral compass. Everything is greed, money and now he wants power. I don't mind Atiku winning the election or Peter Obi as far as it is not Tinubu. Thazall.

(1) (Reply)

Soludo "I Proposed To Peter Obi To Contest Under APGA" / Actually A Yoruba,but My Vote Is For Peter Omoluabi Obi (pictures) / Electoral Law on Over voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.