Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,362 members, 7,954,474 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:54 PM

A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) (3686 Views)

May The Soul Of My Mother Rest In Peace. / My Story ----ogochukwu Onuchukwu (nee Onugu) / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2011
Mama,

The reason i smile and fight to live for another day.

The memory of your light skin baked by the sun and clear eyes like waters from the ponds of Obiangwu, remind me of how u scold me with your rare loud voice whenever am wrong yet with tender words draw me close to console my fears of a bleak yet assured future.

Just when everyone thought i was done and dusted, you told me i had just started and today i look back and realize i am living the dream of a future you saw when i was a kid.

I remember with gusto how we started your poultry farm, feeding the birds and gathering their eggs together to sell, how i drive you through the busy Lagos roads to numerous market places with daddy's old Mitsubishi lancer, sweating under the heat of the sun, many times drenched by the showers of heaven, you exhibited your rare marketing skills to make ends meet when the chips were down.

How i used to carry poultry dungs on my head to your farm, in the watchful eyes of my peers who made fun of me and while struggling to walk under the weight of the sack, you look into my eyes and tell me "Nwam O ga di cha mma, nwe ndidi"(meaning: my son, every thing would be fine very soon, just be patient).

The only woman whom i have come to trust with sooooo much faith, she looks at me and can tell when am in love with someone and warns me to be careful with the words "Obi di awuwo" (meaning: be careful my son, the mind could be very tricky).

As courageous as i try to fight the tears freely falling from my weak eyes, am loosing the battle cos they now litter my keyboard with each drop showing pictures of how happy you look now despite the fact i miss u so much and wish you were here with me in the States.

Mma you are simply the bestest!!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by OAM4J: 1:04am On Aug 20, 2011
Oh! So nice!

God bless good Mothers!
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by austinvsb1(m): 1:21am On Aug 20, 2011
wow! that touched me,  nice iisshh man!
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 1:50am On Aug 20, 2011
@ OAM4J
Good mothers are very rare especially in today's modern world, she means everything soo much
@ austinvsb1
am happy u love it, our good mothers deserve soo much from us.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by OAM4J: 4:16am On Aug 20, 2011
Roland17:

@ OAM4J
Good mothers are very rare especially in today's modern world, she means everything soo much

You can say that again. Really rare! So also are good fathers/husbands and wives, and many family values are totally broken down.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Tjluv: 7:54am On Aug 20, 2011
Wow! That's so sweet.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 20, 2011
smiley
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Sholaf(f): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2011
Roland17:

Mama,

The reason i smile and fight to live for another day.

The memory of your light skin baked by the sun and clear eyes like waters from the ponds of Obiangwu, remind me of how u scold me with your rare loud voice whenever am wrong yet with tender words draw me close to console my fears of a bleak yet assured future.

Just when everyone thought i was done and dusted, you told me i had just started and today i look back and realize i am living the dream of a future you saw when i was a kid.

I remember with gusto how we started your poultry farm, feeding the birds and gathering their eggs together to sell, how i drive you through the busy Lagos roads to numerous market places with daddy's old Mitsubishi lancer, sweating under the heat of the sun, many times drenched by the showers of heaven, you exhibited your rare marketing skills to make ends meet when the chips were down.

How i used to carry poultry dungs on my head to your farm, in the watchful eyes of my peers who made fun of me and while struggling to walk under the weight of the sack, you look into my eyes and tell me "Nwam O ga di cha mma, nwe ndidi"(meaning: my son, every thing would be fine very soon, just be patient).

The only woman whom i have come to trust with sooooo much faith, she looks at me and can tell when am in love with someone and warns me to be careful with the words "Obi di awuwo" (meaning: be careful my son, the mind could be very tricky).

As courageous as i try to fight the tears freely falling from my weak eyes, am loosing the battle cos they now litter my keyboard with each drop showing pictures of how happy you look now despite the fact i miss u so much and wish you were here with me in the States.

Mma you are simply the bestest!!!!!

Wow! You almost brought tears to my eyes. A gem of a mother you had.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by denony(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2011
Sweet mothers deserves more.
At times when i look back and discovers that there things i was still surpose to do for her,
That when i realise i still needs to work harder, to make her happy.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by slap1(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2011
Nice one, bro. You mentioned Obiangwu; are you from Ngor Okpala, Imo State?
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2011
@slap 1
yes am from Ngor-Okpala but Obiangwu is my my maternal home.
@denony
as much as u can, and as little as it is, try to make your mother happy, i am happy u cherish ur mother.
@shola
She is an epitome of a good African Mother,
@Tjluv
Oseeee ooo
@OAM4J
When ever i get an inspiration, i would also write about my Dad, he's my Hero, but this one is 4 mom. like u rightly pointed out, family values have become rare species
@xkillz
u always marvel me with ur pragmatic nature, thanks for the smile.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2011
Waoooo, i am glad it made the home page,
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by HighChief4(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2011
This is really nice. The love of a mother is priceless.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by mirob(f): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2011
yea d love of a mother is indeed priceless, I still misses mine every day.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by aljharem3: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2011
what a good mother.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by aljharem3: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2011
God bless her
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2011
@alj_harem
i say that prayer for her everyday
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by seedord247(m): 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2011
i miss mum also . . . . . how i wish she's here with me.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:31am On Aug 21, 2011
Nice poem cool
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by tpia5: 3:48am On Aug 21, 2011
from miss nwanyiocha to mrs aguocha?

just curious about the ocha.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Ivynwa(f): 5:03am On Aug 21, 2011
"
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2011
@ivynwa and tpia@
Nwanyiocha (which means light skinned woman) is my Mother's maiden name cos she is light skinned.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Ivynwa(f): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2011
"
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by delpee(f): 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2011
@Poster
Nice poem. Hope you mailed this to your mum. It will make her realise that all her years of sacrifice are worth it and deeply appreciated.
GOD bless your mum. May He also bless you with a good wife/endow your wife with great wife and mothering skills.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2011
@Ivynwa
Funny enough i am not light skinned like my mother, i am in between dark and light grin grin.

As for the child, she was taken away from the parents, and i was invited by the CPS to give my own side of the story, the guy was arrested, after my testimony. Last week the girl was released after the parents showed enough concern and proof that they could give the girl the maximum attention she deserves to avoid such Avoidable situation.

The whole Wahala probably affected the girls emotion as she has become withdrawn since she came back.  

Hope u r having a wonderful sunday?
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2011
@delpee

My brother, i never fail to appreciate my mother, i tell my mother sweet words every time i speak with her, that keeps her going.
As for a wife, my brother i say a short prayer to God every morning to bless me with the Lucky woman i would be Lucy to call my own.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2011
OMG, I love this!
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Roland17(m): 12:04am On Aug 22, 2011
@bhusayor
am happy u love it.
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by njide7: 1:22am On Aug 22, 2011
Nice Poem
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by Ivynwa(f): 1:38am On Aug 22, 2011
"
Re: A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) by tpia5: 1:58am On Aug 22, 2011
i suspect those are pseudonyms or nicknames- nwanyiocha especially.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Walking Away- Domestic Abuse / See The Hand Writing Of My Four-year Old Niece (PICTURES And VIDEO) / Mother-in-law Who Is Schizophrenic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.